Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,124 members, 7,842,245 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) (81988 Views)

Northern Green Anaconda: World Biggest Snake Discovered In The Amazon Rainforest / Anaconda Wraps Itself Round A Deadly Caiman In Brutal Fight For Survival(Pics) / Africa’s Sahara ‘Most Dangerous Place On Earth’ 100 Million Years Ago (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by Everrest9(m): 8:22pm On Jul 08, 2020
pocohantas:

Lol. I am sure you can identify a tiger/cheetah on sight. The jaguar and leopard are the tricky ones

Forget their size and all because they have differences there. However, the easiest difference is, both have rosettes on their coat- but the jaguar has spots inside those rosettes.
Tor, I will study them.
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by babajero(m): 8:25pm On Jul 08, 2020
[quote author=Muurian post=91499952][/quote] If it is as big as the 3rd and 4th pics, then it will be as aggressive as portrayed in the movie, as far as it grew up in the wild.
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by aigohior(m): 8:30pm On Jul 08, 2020
anaconda

1 Like

Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by pocohantas(f): 8:31pm On Jul 08, 2020
SirMichael1:
Are cobras poisonous? I thought cobras are constrictors and aren't poisonous? How come the cobra bite the anaconda?

sorry ehn, while my mates were watching natgeo wild, i was/am watching football. Kindly explain that scenario 'cause i dey inside under stand.

Cobras are venomous. Anacondas are constrictors. The anaconda did what it knows how to do- constrict. The python had to rely on its own strength by sending venom into the anacondas head. They both died.

You should watch it sometimes. Animals are interesting creatures. Meanwhile, that looks like a python to me.
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by Bigsunny01(m): 8:32pm On Jul 08, 2020
QueenMelinda:
But those things are big o even in real life

U don c am b4?
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by Josnac(m): 8:33pm On Jul 08, 2020
Zimri:

You sound like you live with anacondas. Which one is grab the head, the bigger the easier for you to kill etc ?? No go try nonsense with this serpent ooo grin Snake wey craze

I'm surprised you didn't even talk about the its teeth.

The picture you posted is about a duel between a python (I think it's a boa constrictor) and a king cobra.

The king cobra succeeded in injecting it's venom at its target point (always between the spin & the head) but the constrictor still manage to lock up..both died.
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by Devgru: 8:43pm On Jul 08, 2020
Everrest9:
Anaconda and Crocodile fight na 5&6. I watched one documentary where something that looks like leopard killed Anaconda and Crocodile near river.

that's a jaguar it's known to prey on anacondas, the crocodile you saw is most likely a caiman
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by Amotekun777: 8:49pm On Jul 08, 2020
So nobody dey cry lala dis time. grin grin grin
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by naijaman2225(m): 8:52pm On Jul 08, 2020
ARE REPTILES THE ONLY ANIMALS IN THE WILD WORLD?
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by Originalsly: 8:53pm On Jul 08, 2020
I never watched the movie because it was wayyyy too much exaggeration... they should've chosen another snake. Anacondas... alligators and piranhas all live in the same environment.
From personal experience....... the anaconda is very much a docile snake.... less agressive than most snakes I know. One time a group of us were on adventure and discovered one feeding in a shallow roadside drain. We immediately attacked him and smashed the head... was about 3 meters long. To drag him out was revelation upon revelation. First off... like others... it appears moist and slimy. It is not. Nothing slimy about it.... the skin is tough... mad tough... like leather.... the underside is scaly....like tough leather scales ... so tough that you would know is a waste of time trying to peel one off... or damage it. You can slide your hand along the belly in one direction only... head to tail.... but the reverse?... the scales raise and unless you lift your hand..it will not move. This is how they move... and when a prey is locked in its grip... there is no sliding out. Then the beast is solid... compact.... like muscle only.... the feel is more like a fire hose filled with pressurized water.... doesn't matter how heavy you be... you're not going to stand on it and flatten that part. It is heavy... very heavy. With a smashed head.... and just reflex constricting and relaxing of its body.... about 10 of us couldn't stop the process as it dragged us in and let us out. That was enough to let me reason that if the headless monster can show such involuntary power.... that man... any man cannot survive the deadly constricting power of an anaconda ... even the young one. It was only then I believe it can wrap and kill any animal it can manage to coil... including alligators.
In a documentary.... I learned death by constriction by this beast is not for lack of air... but in constricting the victim's blood pressure goes through the roof... bursting blood vessels and destroying organs.
Anacondas...... fear their power.

4 Likes

Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by IJOBA2: 9:11pm On Jul 08, 2020
ANACONDA -HUNT FOR BLOOD ORCHID
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by highbee02: 9:18pm On Jul 08, 2020
PapaZeus:
If you watched d movie well u'd realise the snakes didn't get to that size naturally. it was because of the flower they were consuming which made them live longer, so theoratically its possible

"so theoratically its possible". Pls, explain further
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by jagorinho: 9:22pm On Jul 08, 2020
Originalsly:
I never watched the movie because it was wayyyy too much exaggeration... they should've chosen another snake. Anacondas... alligators and piranhas all live in the same environment.
From personal experience....... the anaconda is very much a docile snake.... less agressive than most snakes I know. One time a group of us were on adventure and discovered one feeding in a shallow roadside drain. We immediately attacked him and smashed the head... was about 3 meters long. To drag him out was revelation upon revelation. First off... like others... it appears moist and slimy. It is not. Nothing slimy about it.... the skin is tough... mad tough... like leather.... the underside is scaly....

The thing is animals around now are the smaller version of those that got extinct, in a Colombia mine around last decade the remains of a gigantic snake was found well preserved in a coal mine, when the size of the bones ( vertebrae) were compared to the largest snake ever recorded presently the difference is clear, when they did the simulation of how big the snake was when it was alive 50 million years ago, the width is up to the size of the waist of a full grown man and the length of a bus, the excavators named it Titanoboa..........the animals available now are the smallest in size that ever existed, if I am to recall an extinct specie, I would love to see the Sabre tooth Tiger, a beast in all ramifications.

2 Likes

Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by Hezzyluv: 9:23pm On Jul 08, 2020
kadiri3:
the snake is in south america he's dangerous than python

not as the way they portrayed it in anaconda movie
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by Hezzyluv: 9:24pm On Jul 08, 2020
prinx25:
Browse about green anacondas
Not as the way they portrayed it in the movie na
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by luluosas(m): 9:26pm On Jul 08, 2020
I just came to check pishures
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by phineas: 9:32pm On Jul 08, 2020
A detailed snake thread at night,what is wrong with you snake people?

At least wait till morning to enlighten us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jul 08, 2020
How I go take sleep dis night now?

Hey God!!! Who send me open the book of Anaconda?

4 Likes

Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by chukemmang(m): 9:40pm On Jul 08, 2020
Muurian:

Source: https://www.quora.com/Is-the-anaconda-really-as-dangerous-as-shown-in-the-movies-of-the-same-name

Go and watch "Eaten Alive". It is a real life documentary in search of Anaconda's in the Amazon jungle. You can find the documentary on YouTube. They are as big and dangerous as portrayed by Hollywood.
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by Stomoney(m): 9:46pm On Jul 08, 2020
Lalasticlala where are you? Food don ready grin

1 Like

Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by ikemesit4477: 9:56pm On Jul 08, 2020
Skinnienigga:

Lol. Those snakes your people killed were probably pythons, most likely the african rock pythons. Anacondas are not found in Africa.
yea, they are mostly found in Brazil!
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by Poseidon000: 10:07pm On Jul 08, 2020
PapaZeus:
If you watched d movie well u'd realise the snakes didn't get to that size naturally. it was because of the flower they were consuming which made them live longer, so theoratically its possible
You lie. They're not herbivorous nor omnivorous. So, how can a carnivorous animal eat flower? Oga, it is theoretically impossible.

1 Like

Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by Bornfool(m): 10:10pm On Jul 08, 2020
RealisticGirl:
grin
Really?

Yeah, I dey always play with it. I remember the snake use to squeeze around my body. Even sometimes when I feel sad hin go use is mouth to peck me. I wish I can see that type of snake again
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jul 08, 2020
snake wey dey swallow snake.

Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by Kharol1234: 10:18pm On Jul 08, 2020
Eazie351:
anacondas can be dangerous but not as portrayed in the movie, yanking a man weighing over 80kg out of water with such swiftness and ease. lol. one even pulled a man up on a tree with his head.

it's often exaggerated for such animals.
you ever watched a piranha movie?
Them no wan gree do part 2 of that piranha movie
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by Sniper101(m): 10:25pm On Jul 08, 2020
OP

In other words, what you're saying is...there's no need to ever panic, run nor be scared when one comes across an Anaconda in a Bush, abi ?
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by naturefellow(m): 10:28pm On Jul 08, 2020
Zimri:

You sound like you live with anacondas. Which one is grab the head, the bigger the easier for you to kill etc ?? No go try nonsense with this serpent ooo grin Snake wey craze

I'm surprised you didn't even talk about the its teeth.
what is going on here? No Victor. Both vanquished!
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by naturefellow(m): 10:29pm On Jul 08, 2020
Let anaconda not hug you!
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by MarianIsy(f): 10:29pm On Jul 08, 2020
That movie gave me nightmares
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by greypencils: 10:33pm On Jul 08, 2020
Muurian:

Yeah...

Also exaggerated! grin Just like "Jaws!"
None is as exaggerated as alligator 1 & 2.
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by greypencils: 10:35pm On Jul 08, 2020
phineas:
A detailed snake thread at night,what is wrong with you snake people?

At least wait till morning to enlighten us.
Big man like you dey fear, Chisosislawd
Re: Are Anacondas As Dangerous As Shown In The Movie "Anaconda?" (Photos) by juicethekiddd: 10:45pm On Jul 08, 2020
obonujoker:
Snakes supposed to have been extinct like the dinosaurs...

I hate that specie...

Snakes are probably dinosaurs who was cursed by God after the fall of Man in the garden of Eden, coz they look alike in all ways except for the legs, and mutation has actually occured
you and your religious crew will not give up saying rubbish :god curse em

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sea Cow Caught In Muregi, Kin Nupe, Niger State (Pictures) / 70-Million-Year-Old Dinosaur Sitting On A Nest Of Eggs Found In China (Photos) / Self-powered (fuelless) Generator Design

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.