Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,274 members, 7,954,079 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:59 AM

Integrity - Mixed Reactions To Bakare's Slide Into Politics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Integrity - Mixed Reactions To Bakare's Slide Into Politics (650 Views)

Nigeria May Slide Into Recession As Economic Indicators Flash Red / Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review / The Mixed Reactions Between Obj And Gej At The Handover Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Integrity - Mixed Reactions To Bakare's Slide Into Politics by Beaf: 12:20pm On Feb 03, 2011
First a backdrop that is impossible to reconcile:

"I will continue to show openly and inside me the total commitment to the Sharia movement that is sweeping all over Nigeria,".

"God willing, we will not stop the agitation for the total implementation of the Sharia in the country,"

- General Buhari

Revealing a chilling prophetic vision, Bakare said: "Neither Buhari nor IBB nor Obasanjo nor Atiku will be part of the new Nigeria. They are part of the old that has decayed and is still decaying. The new is coming forth. It is the counsel of the Lord that shall stand in this nation. Until the sons of turmoil destroy themselves, this nation will not know peace."

- Pastor Tunde Bakare

God Told Me To Run With Buhari
http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2011/02/01/bakare-god-told-me-to-run-with-buhari/print/

- Pastor Tunde Bakare

Mixed Christian reactions:

Prelate, Methodist Church Nigeria , Dr. Ola Makinde said there was nothing wrong if church members should go into politics but that ministers of God who pastured congregation should not go into politics.

He said it was wrong for Bakare to have joined a party and go into politics, saying that men of God should be apolitical.

According to him, such a thing could spark a row in the church, especially when some of his members belonged to other political parties different from his.

Primate Elijah Ayodele, founder of INRI Evangelical Spiritual Church said “we have career pastors, divine pastors and ‘I wish pastors.’ If God chooses you, you don’t need to go into politics.

“Bakare is a career pastor; he can do anything to make himself relevant. This election will be a mirage because Jega will disappoint Nigeria .”

Dr. Olagoroye Faleyimu, General Overseer, Mountain of God said: it is not good for a minister to leave the pulpit for politics.

“But God can choose a leader if there is crisis. God had warned Bakare to choose between politics and being on the pulpit. He should choose one.”

Rev. Oladapo Daramola of the Methodist Church Nigeria said he did not see anything wrong for Bakare going into politics, saying that it is Biblical for Christians to go into politics.

“In those days, priests act in political capacity. If there is a word from God, there is nothing wrong for him to go into politics. Joseph was a Prime Minister in Egypt and Daniel was a minister in the cabinet of Babylon .

“We need people that are righteous in politics; people who will not steal and take our money away or to countries overseas,” he stated.

According to Pastor Wale Adekoya of the Christ Redemption Bible Church, Ketu, Lagos going into politics depended on the call of God, stressing that God could call out a minister to go into politics.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2011/02/01/bakare-god-told-me-to-run-with-buhari/print/
Re: Integrity - Mixed Reactions To Bakare's Slide Into Politics by blacksta(m): 12:31pm On Feb 03, 2011
Na wa 00000 - U no dey tire.

Some serious bout of Inferiority Complex - Poster please focus on your candidate and move away from character assassination.

Let us discuss the achievements of GEJ for the last 9months - if any?

I am waiting for an answer - Prove me wrong abeg
Re: Integrity - Mixed Reactions To Bakare's Slide Into Politics by Beaf: 12:46pm On Feb 03, 2011
blacksta:

Na wa 00000 - U no dey tire.

Some serious bout of Inferiority Complex - Poster please focus on your candidate and move away from character assassination.

Let us discuss the achievements of GEJ for the last 9months - if any?

I am waiting for an answer - Prove me wrong abeg

Stark intellectual poverty.
How does this address any issue raised? If I very correctly call you a loser, you go begin vex. Address the issue or scram!
Re: Integrity - Mixed Reactions To Bakare's Slide Into Politics by Mobinga: 12:49pm On Feb 03, 2011
Blacksta Keeps Riding Beaf on everythread, abi na vice versa
Re: Integrity - Mixed Reactions To Bakare's Slide Into Politics by blacksta(m): 12:51pm On Feb 03, 2011
Beaf:

Stark intellectual poverty.
How does this address any issue raised? If I very correctly call you a loser, you go begin vex. Address the issue or scram!

Big Ode

So he misheard God  - big deal .    Not important i say.

Can you please provide a link to  the GEJ plans or manifesto for Nigeria

detailed plans abeg not some high level document like vision less 7 point agenda  with rubbish statements like " Security for all !

-  I want fresh air 2011  grin
Re: Integrity - Mixed Reactions To Bakare's Slide Into Politics by Beaf: 12:52pm On Feb 03, 2011
Mobinga:

Don't mind the yeye fly, if baygon doesn't work, I will try shelltox.
Re: Integrity - Mixed Reactions To Bakare's Slide Into Politics by blacksta(m): 12:56pm On Feb 03, 2011
Mobinga:

I usually log  on to NL read  Nija news or insight from serious commentators but lately all i see GEJ propaganda. completely different to the reality on ground.

Yet non of the GEJ supporters have provided any concrete facts why GEJ is the right man

but i must say they are very quick to rubbish other candidates.
Re: Integrity - Mixed Reactions To Bakare's Slide Into Politics by Beaf: 12:59pm On Feb 03, 2011
blacksta:

Big Ode

So he misheard God  - big deal .    Not important i say.

Can you please provide a link to  the GEJ plans or manifesto for Nigeria

detailed plans abeg not some high level document like vision less 7 point agenda  with rubbish statements like " Security for all !

-  I want fresh air 2011  grin

He misheard God! Damn! That was some real serious "mishearing!" The sentence below stands out and its consequences for Bakare's current position and integrity are pretty damning:

It is the counsel of the Lord that shall stand in this nation. Until the sons of turmoil destroy themselves, this nation will not know peace

How about we simply cut the story short and label him a false prophet and a man with no integrity who has no standing to contest for Nigerian leadership? cool
Re: Integrity - Mixed Reactions To Bakare's Slide Into Politics by monkeyleg: 1:00pm On Feb 03, 2011
@Blacksta,

Fire-on.

Beaf and his 3 personalities must be defeated. Goodluck is using Nigeria's money to sponsor a tramp like Johndoe, abi Na Beaf, or maybe Mary_J_Blige.

Tell us what GEJ has done since being in office instead of running other down. People like Beaf represent real problem to Nigeria.
Re: Integrity - Mixed Reactions To Bakare's Slide Into Politics by Nobody: 1:02pm On Feb 03, 2011
beaf, seriously dude, u got way 2 much time on your hands.

If you must start threads every second, abeg vary their content small. I dont know what about Buhari/Bakare challennging GEJ scares you so much to act like this. If GEJ wins, he wins. If he loses, he loses. Deal with it, your life will go on. You are looking too desperate ryt now.
Re: Integrity - Mixed Reactions To Bakare's Slide Into Politics by blacksta(m): 5:52pm On Feb 03, 2011
Beaf 

I asked for a link to the detailed plans of the GEJ administration but yet as usual you dance around the important points and carry on spurring rubbish on other threads.

I believe this should be a relative easy task for the Ima birro on NL
Re: Integrity - Mixed Reactions To Bakare's Slide Into Politics by blacksta(m): 11:02pm On Feb 03, 2011
Where team GEj

simple question you cant answer - Yet you be master when it comes abuse

Cut and Paste master
Re: Integrity - Mixed Reactions To Bakare's Slide Into Politics by Beaf: 11:11pm On Feb 03, 2011
blacksta:

Beaf 

I asked for a link to the detailed plans of the GEJ administration but yet as usual you dance around the important points and carry on spurring rubbish on other threads.

I believe this should be a relative easy task for the Ima birro on NL

It is for stupeed comments like this that JohnDoe rightly called you an intellectual pygmy. Check the original article, then check the title of the thread and be amazed at how impossibly stupeed you have managed to sound with the above. If you want to ask GEJ questions, then open your own damn thread and I'll be there to flog your brains right through your rusty arse. But it seems you are a cheap coward who can't start a thread, and is scared of cerebral debate; thats why you are foolishly attempting to derail this thread.

This thread is about Bakare's slide into politics and the consequences to how his integrity is viewed. Stick to the topic.

Dunce.
Re: Integrity - Mixed Reactions To Bakare's Slide Into Politics by aletheia(m): 11:44pm On Feb 03, 2011
Bakare said: "Neither Buhari nor IBB nor Obasanjo nor Atiku will be part of the new Nigeria. They are part of the old that has decayed and is still decaying. The new is coming forth. It is the counsel of the Lord that shall stand in this nation. Until the sons of turmoil destroy themselves, this nation will not know peace."
^^Reported here: http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20061002624695

Bakare is just another opportunist.
Bakare's words will make an excellent campaigning soundbite for PDP. Even Buhari's running mate Bakare said in 2006: "Buhari. . .is part of the old that has decayed and is still decaying. The new is coming forth."
Re: Integrity - Mixed Reactions To Bakare's Slide Into Politics by Muza(m): 12:04am On Feb 04, 2011
to those against Bakare joining politics ", sometimes u don't wait to be given change,sometimes you have to stand up and bring that change urself,most especially when the change is taking too long, ."

BB2011
Vote BB for the bloodless revolution, thank you grin

(1) (Reply)

An Act Of War On Us / Kaduna To Import Improved Firewood Stoves / Akala Stops Buhari's Rally For Jonathan's Wife.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.