Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,753 members, 7,813,478 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:49 PM

NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) (14263 Views)

Cairo Ojougboh Was A Courageous, Outspoken Personality - Ibori / Cairo Ojougboh Dies Watching Super Eagles Against South Africa / Cairo Ojougboh: We Gave Indigenes N340m To Help Inspectors Identify Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) by emapraiz(m): 5:22pm On Jul 10, 2020
Breeze don blow

The yansh of chicken is showing clearly
Re: NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) by chaloskyx: 5:22pm On Jul 10, 2020
eya you Niger deltans have strong militants now you too hijack it back from our senators
Re: NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) by notoriousbabe: 5:24pm On Jul 10, 2020
It is time something happens in this country so as to put an end to all this nonsense.

1 Like

Re: NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) by IMAliyu(m): 5:25pm On Jul 10, 2020
bayelsaowei:
Nigeria is cursed I have always said it..if you watch well the hawks all feasting on the nddc are all already wealthy individuals ..but they won't allow money meant for developing the niger delta to be utilised effectively...

I just don't know what to say..NDDC and all other government parastatals should be privatised and given to private companies to run..we need new fresh heads with an economic mind set to run these organisations..

Nigeria is cursed..

There is no way nigeria is not cursed..

The country or the people?
Re: NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) by Openbusiness3: 5:28pm On Jul 10, 2020
VickyRotex nawa oh, why u no tell me your boyfriend is a Nairaland moderator? He don ban me in Education section till tomorrow evening sad The moderator name na BOT.
Re: NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) by kingsmecca(m): 5:29pm On Jul 10, 2020
I weep! God why me in this continent? Let it show, pick up!
Re: NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) by VickyRotex(f): 5:32pm On Jul 10, 2020
Openbusiness3:
VickyRotex nawa oh, why u no tell me your boyfriend is a Nairaland moderator? He don ban me in Education section till tomorrow evening sad The moderator name na BOT.

cheesy cheesy my Boyfriend BOT is at work again. awwwww I just love Mr. BOT kiss

Mr. BOT probably found out that you were about to cut off his girlfriend's head considering your previous comment grin grin

pele, lemme epp you sha. send an email to either of these 3 people (Fynestboi, olawalebabs, Richiez) and they'll unban you.

Courtesy of Vicky and Vicky's boyfriend: Mr. BOT grin

1 Like

Re: NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) by bayelsaowei(m): 5:35pm On Jul 10, 2020
IMAliyu:

The country or the people?
everything...a nuke has to be dropped on nigeria for the country to have a fresh start..nigeria has no future..

The monies already stolen has taken us 100 years back and we can't compete with the rest of the world in another 100 years.

Nigeria is frozen in its foolishness and curse...

We have millions of young people unemployed, hospitals dilapidated, our educational system in shambles, police force useless etc and yet billions are being stolen day in day out..

1 Like

Re: NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) by Sanchek: 5:36pm On Jul 10, 2020
My country my country
Re: NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) by areaboyjoe: 5:36pm On Jul 10, 2020
This country stinks like Skunk.

Re: NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) by LastProphet: 5:36pm On Jul 10, 2020
Waiting for the day Nigerian youths will finally realize that they have no future until they grab these public thieves and burn them alive. This one is a small thing compared to the real facts

1 Like

Re: NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) by areaboyjoe: 5:39pm On Jul 10, 2020
Stinking odor everywhere.

Re: NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) by investigator007: 5:41pm On Jul 10, 2020
grin grin grin na wa for you o
OLDESTWARRIBOY:
All our politicians since 1999 suppose dey chicago dey cruz no be Brother Hush wey be just the victim of their lackadaisical attitudes

Re: NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) by IMAliyu(m): 5:47pm On Jul 10, 2020
bayelsaowei:
everything...a nuke has to be dropped on nigeria for the country to have a fresh start..nigeria has no future..

The monies already stolen has taken us 100 years back and we can't compete with the rest of the world in another 100 years.

Nigeria is frozen in its foolishness and curse...

We have millions of young people unemployed, hospitals dilapidated, our educational system in shambles, police force useless etc and yet billions are being stolen day in day out..

I don't see Nigeria existing in the next 40 years.
We are headed for total economic collapse at the pace we are going.
The law of nature is adapt or die.

The country and people don't want to change, even a simple reform or restructuring of government is being rejected, so total collapse is inevitable.

I don't blame the Igbo for wanting their own ethno state.

1 Like

Re: NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) by mmsen: 5:47pm On Jul 10, 2020
NDDC is probably the most corrupt institution in Nigeria.

More crooked than any state or local government. And worse than any of the religious bodies that exist solely to fleece the stupid and desperate.

1 Like

Re: NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) by Chelsealivepool: 5:50pm On Jul 10, 2020
Sai baba in d beat...
PDP and APC supporters get ready to fight urself
Re: NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) by bayelsaowei(m): 5:54pm On Jul 10, 2020
IMAliyu:

I don't see Nigeria existing in the next 40 years.
We are headed for total economic collapse at the pace we are going.
The law of nature is adapt or die.

The country and people don't want to change, even a simple reform or restructuring of government is being rejected, so total collapse is inevitable.

I don't blame the Igbo for wanting their own ethno state.
you're correct and I agree..

Trillions of naira already stolen is what should have given us the right infrastructures to be fit for the future..but presently we have nothing...even with the pandemic our leaders and Co want to bleed our coffers dry..

NdDC is supposed to be leading the space in the niger delta in providing covid 19 materials, PPE, numerous ventilators, medical infrastructures and all that is needed for testing and handling of covid patients..but alas they are quarreling, fighting dirty over stolen monies.. what a cursed and embarrassing situation.
Re: NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) by cryptotech: 5:57pm On Jul 10, 2020
And these is an highly religious Nation, no dignity, competing on who steal pas. only fools will call these ones leader. useless and shameless old fools.
Re: NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) by Openbusiness3: 5:59pm On Jul 10, 2020
VickyRotex:

cheesy cheesy my Boyfriend BOT is at work again. awwwww I just love Mr. BOT kiss

Mr. BOT probably found out that you were about to cut off his girlfriend's head considering your previous comment grin grin

pele, lemme epp you sha. send an email to either of these 3 people (Fynestboi, olawalebabs, Richiez) and they'll unban you.

but I never cut am na. "About to cut" and "have cut" no be same tin. D guy for wait may i cut am first before he dey form Jackie Chan. Nawa for all dis initial gragra love in Tokyo boyfriend
[img]https://media1./images/6a3e068656a2bbc448fd3218000422fb/tenor.gif?itemid=3451891[/img]
Re: NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) by Xisnin(m): 6:02pm On Jul 10, 2020
bayelsaowei:
Nigeria is cursed I have always said it..if you watch well the hawks all feasting on the nddc are all already wealthy individuals ..but they won't allow money meant for developing the niger delta to be utilised effectively...

I just don't know what to say..NDDC and all other government parastatals should be privatised and given to private companies to run..we need new fresh heads with an economic mind set to run these organisations..

Nigeria is cursed..

There is no way nigeria is not cursed..

After your successful coup and purging of the old guards, what next?
Well, from experience, you would start stockpiling your own dollars in swiss accounts.
A coup is actually a worse solution.

1 Like

Re: NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) by prettytasha(f): 6:04pm On Jul 10, 2020
Nigerian lawmakers are too greedy ... But the ones in APC and PDP when it comes to sharing money nobody talks about party
Re: NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) by cryptotech: 6:06pm On Jul 10, 2020
VickyRotex:

this is where corruption start, and we will be blaming leaders, why can't he follow procedure.. any way na una Sabi!
Re: NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) by brexit: 6:07pm On Jul 10, 2020
They were fast to pass the sexual harassment bill, most of the ladies they befriend get jobs faster in all the federal government MDA's through their contact, from time to time they will be accused of budgets padding, corruption etc, they cannot pass any bill that will affect them and the masses will always keep mute, what will be the final solution to this incessant accusations about National Assembly members corrupt practices
Re: NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) by Sojiboi(m): 6:09pm On Jul 10, 2020
And I they are all denying hushpuppy
Re: NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) by chiiraq802(m): 6:10pm On Jul 10, 2020
I regret being a Nigerian!!!!
I just need the least supernatural ability so i can wipe out this greedy and corrupt politicians, dem and there family members....#Useless Corrupt thieves!!! Covid 19 locate all of them abeg....

Re: NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) by VickyRotex(f): 6:17pm On Jul 10, 2020
Openbusiness3:
but I never cut am na. "About to cut" and "have cut" no be same tin. D guy for wait may i cut am first before he dey form Jackie Chan. Nawa for all dis initial gragra love in Tokyo boyfriend
[img]https://media1./images/6a3e068656a2bbc448fd3218000422fb/tenor.gif?itemid=3451891[/img]

grin Shey na until the head fall for ground before e go stop you? No let me call am to ban you again o angry angry
Re: NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) by VickyRotex(f): 6:22pm On Jul 10, 2020
cryptotech:

this is where corruption start, and we will be blaming leaders, why can't he follow procedure.. any way na una Sabi!

Ah bros, take it easy ooo. cheesy you dont know the story. We were both joking about the BOT boyfriend. There's no mod by that name here. (well as far as I know) undecided

The antispam bot bans people a lot here even for some acceptable words or input values. The user can either decide to wait until the ban expires or email the Mods. There's nothing out of the process here. Which was why I recommended he emails the mods. If it was for disobeying NL rules or insulting people, most of the time, its the Mods that'll ban you not the bot. (because people find a way to manipulate the bot here) undecided

The bot probably banned him for something that appears alien to it, but probably accepted on the forum.
Re: NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) by sylve11: 6:27pm On Jul 10, 2020
Thieves.... sad cool
Re: NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) by weoai(m): 6:33pm On Jul 10, 2020
If a minister Keyamo refuses to let the [b]fest[/b]ival reach us, should we say Keyamo Festus?

cheesy

We are not ready in this country... The truth will always prevail...

Time will tell

[Qquote author=FARA4GA post=91579776]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8958OUtijMo

The Senate ad-hoc committee investigating the N40 billion corruption allegation against the interim management committee (IMC) of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) was stunned on Thursday when an official accused unnamed members of the parliament of ‘hijacking’ the commission’s budgets over the years.

In his submission, at the hearing, the acting deputy director, projects, NDDC, Cairo Ojougboh, said the budgets of the commission ”have always been hijacked by the leadership of the committee on NDCC from both chambers for their personal gain”.

He asked the National Assembly ”to let the commission function in peace.”

“The budget(s) of the NNDC from 2001 till date, has (have) always been hijacked by the two chairmen of the committee; the chairman in the house and the chairman in the Senate,” the angry official said. ”Not one kobo has been misused since the coming of the IMC.

“We want to beg the National Assembly that they should allow the people of the Niger Delta to grow. Since the inauguration of the IMC, we have not known peace. It has been one false allegation after another.

“Some contracts supplied to ‘an NDDC warehouse’ along Benin-expressway. The warehouse belongs to Peter Nwabaoshi (a senator). About 2900 emergency projects were awarded and Mr Nwabaoshi collected 1000 of them saying he will distribute them among senators and House of Representatives members. But when asked, lawmakers denied receipt. We are being accused because we are working for the region and because they want to take over the commission.

“NGOs were paid N50 billion but they (chairmen, committees of both chambers) cut it to N49 billion each. They want us out to put people they can control.”

Tense session

The Senate and House of Representatives are probing an allegation the NDDC interim committee ‘squandered’ N40 billion within three months. They also seek account for other financial transactions within this period.

At the investigative hearing on Thursday, the lawmakers grilled members of the board who appeared before the committee over alleged discrepancies in the budget submitted by the commission, the Accountant General of the Federation (AGF) and the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).

The chairman of the committee, Olubunmi Adetunmbi, pointed out that while the commission said it spent N81.5 billion, the AGF submitted N82 billion and CBN submitted N92.2 billion between October 2019 and May 2020.

The committee sought explanations as to how other allocations in the budget were implemented. They include:

Condolences – N122 million, Consultancy – N83.3 million, N3.14 billion – COVID-19, N486 million – Duty Tour Allowance (out of which the current EIMC spent N305.3 million between February and May 2020).

Others are N1.9 billion – Lassa fever intervention spent by both IMCs, N900 million – Legal Services, N61 million – Logistics, N2.6 billion – medicals.

Defence

Although there was no tangible explanation for the differences in the budgets submitted by the commission, the AGF and CBN, the Acting Managing Director, Kemebradikumo Daniel Pondei, however, said the EIMC ”inherited so much debt that needed to be cleared upon assumption of office.”

He also said allowances like duty tours were not paid to staff for years hence the need for such allocations.

He further said the NDDC has not awarded any contract apart from the COVID-19 contract awarded by the president.

“We refused to do so, so as not to add to the confusion. The major interventions for COVID-19 were medical, palliatives, publicity,” he said.

Mr Ojougboh also denied allegations that the commission sacked some of its staff.

“Anyone who has said they have been sacked or suspended let him bring the letter. We have not sacked or suspended anyone. No one is being witch-hunted. Staff on leave are receiving full salaries,” he said.

Earlier, a representative from the Office of the Accountant General, Slyvia Okolie, said the OAGF submitted the NDDC’s audit report from 2016 to May, 2020 to the committee.

He said in 2017 – N64 billion, 2018 – N71 billion, 2019 – N71 billion, January – May 2020 – N34 billion has been released to NDDC.

Quarterly releases were suspended since June pending the outcome of the investigation, he said.

The investigative hearing will continue on Friday, the chairman said. All invitees are expected to be present – including the Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Godswill Akpabio, who failed to show up.

This is not the first time the lawmakers would be having a faceoff with another government official over the activities of an agency or ministry.

PREMIUM TIMES reported how the minister of labour, (state), Festus Keyamo, accused lawmakers of trying to manipulate a recruitment process to their advantage.

SOURCE: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/402100-nddc-budgets-hijacked-by-nigerian-lawmakers-official.html[/quote]
Re: NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) by BGSM: 6:36pm On Jul 10, 2020
This is the reason why we should reject another lock down because the figure is not true as they are speculating it. They have more than expected to spend and keep preaching we should stay at home and die of hunger and also do away with education.
Their own routine is home to office to meeting in villa and back home and get paid heavily on each routine but our own is stay home and die.
If this news is true as stated, then the corona virus figure is a scam by some greedy individual.
This are the kind of people ddiscouraging is on the belive of the existence of the virus.
At the end of it all, we ll still be praising them.
WE ARE IN A MESS
Re: NDDC Budgets ‘Hijacked’ By Nigerian Lawmakers — Cairo Ojougboh (Video) by saintade01(m): 6:36pm On Jul 10, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
Nigeria is currently in a mess under buhari .

Everybody just dey do as they like non stop.

Shut up and stop blaming Buhari for everything. Did he appoints senators too?
These are the men you voted in your constituency to go represent you but doing anyhow.
Until we realize that Buhari is not our problem in this country, we'll never move forward.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BA Diverts Flights To Abuja Over ‘infrastructure Issues’ At Lagos Airport / Appeal Court Reserves Judgement On Lagos Governorship Election / Court Declares Omo-Agege's Suspension Illegal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.