Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,448 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:48 AM

Welcome Home: 500 Nigerians Return From Egypt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Welcome Home: 500 Nigerians Return From Egypt (3454 Views)

Buhari Departs From Egypt Arrives Abuja (pics) / Ibori Set To Return From UK Prison / Buhari Receives Certificate Of Return From INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Welcome Home: 500 Nigerians Return From Egypt by REALITY102(m): 10:47pm On Feb 03, 2011
Abuja – No fewer than 500 Nigerians returned from Egypt early on Thursday and were received by the Foreign Affairs Minister for State Hajia Salamatu Suleiman at Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja.

The returnees were made up students, government officials, businessmen and others.

President Goodluck Jonathan had directed the immediate evacuation of Nigerians from Egypt following the political unrest in that country.

Ngerians

Receiving them, Salamatu expressed government’s commitment to the protection of its citizens wherever they are across the globe.

Responding on behalf of the returnees, Col. Abdulmumuni Aminu commended the Federal Government for its quick response to the plight of the people, adding that the experience was traumatic for them, following the closure of banks, and other basic amenities.

Source: Vanguard Newspapers
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/02/500-nigerians-return-from-egypt/
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

D sense identify yourself from this group  grin

Re: Welcome Home: 500 Nigerians Return From Egypt by Dsense(m): 10:53pm On Feb 03, 2011
REALITY 419,
yOU ARE NOT VERY WELL AT ALL grin grin grin
THESE DUDES ARE NEVER IN EGYPT . . . . .You are a liar.
WHere is that Mod That used to ban you sef? angry grin
Re: Welcome Home: 500 Nigerians Return From Egypt by 190ispised: 10:55pm On Feb 03, 2011
grin grin

the guy on brown shirt just below the guy on yellow t-shirt
Re: Welcome Home: 500 Nigerians Return From Egypt by REALITY102(m): 10:56pm On Feb 03, 2011
lol for real bro, check the source

190ispised:

grin grin

the guy on brown shirt just below the guy on yellow t-shirt

I suspected that as well
Re: Welcome Home: 500 Nigerians Return From Egypt by Dsense(m): 10:58pm On Feb 03, 2011
Anyway i'm still in Egypt and touring Swiss Sooner . . . , SO now you know you are a bloddy liar grin
Re: Welcome Home: 500 Nigerians Return From Egypt by eghost247(m): 11:28am On Feb 04, 2011
Nice one
Re: Welcome Home: 500 Nigerians Return From Egypt by Tcrack(m): 12:58pm On Feb 04, 2011
now that they are back home, what next?
Re: Welcome Home: 500 Nigerians Return From Egypt by Shoolar(m): 1:12pm On Feb 04, 2011
thank God dat d war didnt kill them in egypt, i pray dat d remaining nigerian shld come bak safely too.
Re: Welcome Home: 500 Nigerians Return From Egypt by MaJBlige(f): 1:13pm On Feb 04, 2011
^^^^

Tcrack:

now that they are back home, what next?

What kind of question is that?
Re: Welcome Home: 500 Nigerians Return From Egypt by 1025: 1:27pm On Feb 04, 2011
these guys no look like ppl wey dey hussle for egypt oooooooooooooooooooo.
anyways, the worst news will be that they escaped from there and have problem here.
let them not go to jos, borno or maidugiri or bayelsa to avoid problem.
Re: Welcome Home: 500 Nigerians Return From Egypt by DanEmzo(m): 1:53pm On Feb 04, 2011
4rm Fryin Pan 2 Fire-more war at home than the diaspora, hahah
Re: Welcome Home: 500 Nigerians Return From Egypt by Mobinga: 2:01pm On Feb 04, 2011
Ma_J_Blige:

^^^^

What kind of question is that?

What kind if question isn't that?
Re: Welcome Home: 500 Nigerians Return From Egypt by Joe50(m): 2:26pm On Feb 04, 2011
D-sense:

REALITY 419,
yOU ARE NOT VERY WELL AT ALL grin grin grin
THESE DUDES ARE NEVER IN EGYPT . . . . .You are a liar.
WHere is that Mod That used to ban you sef? angry grin

how do u want people living in Egypt to look like? huh angry angry angry
Re: Welcome Home: 500 Nigerians Return From Egypt by NAJALYN: 2:34pm On Feb 04, 2011
We welcome our brothers & sisters home. Thank God for protection for them at Egypt, & for journey mercies back home.
Re: Welcome Home: 500 Nigerians Return From Egypt by Nsiman(m): 2:56pm On Feb 04, 2011
Pls let them go and register with jega to vote in april ,that is their qtr for now
Re: Welcome Home: 500 Nigerians Return From Egypt by tlops(m): 4:50pm On Feb 04, 2011
Campaign strategy, anyway the picture looks organised,

Shoolar:

thank God dat d war didnt kill them in egypt, i pray dat d remaining nigerian shld come bak safely too.

there is no war in Egypt. just peaceful demonstration.
Re: Welcome Home: 500 Nigerians Return From Egypt by Amhatu(m): 5:31pm On Feb 04, 2011
Lets also remember The situation in Egypt,why it has come about. The USA Political military industrial families are trying to tell Egyptian people who can be thier President. These silly people in USA have crumbling infrastructure, families in the thousands homeless in USA , in sub zero tempertures in thier winter time, while over 30 years they have given a (Mobutu like) Mubarak all this money (over 10 billion US Dollar of USA  peoples Money who now live on street in USA) and the people in Egypt have suffered for over 30 years the same. (Watch France 24, France 5,)bing.com for news on Egypt in Depth.

The world needs to stop listening to anything the silly USA  dumb people say!

Lets Hope Our country Nigeria learn all these Lessons.

Links ::

TV5MONDE Afrique
http://www.tv5.org/TV5Site/afrique/index.php

France 24
http://www.france24.com

RT --Russia Today
http://www.rt.com

Bing
http://www.bing.com
Re: Welcome Home: 500 Nigerians Return From Egypt by koolchicco: 9:56pm On Feb 04, 2011
undecided undecided
Re: Welcome Home: 500 Nigerians Return From Egypt by zibe(m): 10:40pm On Feb 04, 2011
@tlops, there is nothing peaceful about what is going on in Egypt. You should watch the news and video clips from the affected areas.
Re: Welcome Home: 500 Nigerians Return From Egypt by buzugee(m): 10:49pm On Feb 04, 2011
looks like their is prosperity in egypt. all those people look hot.
Re: Welcome Home: 500 Nigerians Return From Egypt by Dsense(m): 10:54pm On Feb 04, 2011
Amhatu:

Lets also remember The situation in Egypt,why it has come about. The USA Political military industrial families are trying to tell Egyptian people who can be thier President. These silly people in USA have crumbling infrastructure, families in the thousands homeless in USA , in sub zero tempertures in thier winter time, while over 30 years they have given a (Mobutu like) Mubarak all this money (over 10 billion US Dollar of USA  peoples Money who now live on street in USA) and the people in Egypt have suffered for over 30 years the same. (Watch France 24, France 5,)bing.com for news on Egypt in Depth.

The world needs to stop listening to anything the silly USA  dumb people say!

TV5MONDE Afrique

France 24

Bing
Your comment makes no sense to me . . .''Sorry to say''
I'm not with the Egyptian government or any Arab governments neither with USA or European policy . . .But a muslim. ''a Peaceful muslim''
I've been in Egypt for good 10 years  'I had all my schools here and still ON '' . . . .At the Sametime I've been to so many countries in Europe and America ''So i'm not a novice'' i studied much and understood everything bout westerners ''USA and European policy'' . . .To make it short the Arab's leaders or governments are suffering their pple, selfish, very greedy and they get funds from all so called USA and European in order to keep on suffering their people.
The Only Prb i can say about USA and the European policy is that they are always against Islam not Arab ''This is the point lot of pple don't understand'' . . . .It's the perfect things what is happening in Egypt right now,Though we all suffering from it but the Citizens are doing the right things just that some part of them are using the chance ''I mean the Protest'' to instigate disaster and tragedy in the country.and leme tell you who is behind these people  using the opputunity of Great Egyptian citizen who are protesting, demanding for their rights to stir up troubles in the county is USA,Isreal and Europeans . . , This is the FACT,It's your cup of tea to concur with me or not.
Re: Welcome Home: 500 Nigerians Return From Egypt by unipol(m): 11:14pm On Feb 04, 2011
they look better than nigerians in europe shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Welcome Home: 500 Nigerians Return From Egypt by koolchicco: 11:18pm On Feb 04, 2011
unipol:

they look better than nigerians in europe shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
shocked grin
Re: Welcome Home: 500 Nigerians Return From Egypt by Amhatu(m): 11:34pm On Feb 04, 2011
D-sense:

Your comment makes no sense to me . . .''Sorry to say''
I'm not with the Egyptian government or any Arab governments neither with USA or European policy . . .But a muslim. ''a Peaceful muslim''
I've been in Egypt for good 10 years  'I had all my schools here and still ON '' . . . .At the Sametime I've been to so many countries in Europe and America ''So i'm not a novice'' i studied much and understood everything bout westerners ''USA and European policy'' . . .To make it short the Arab's leaders or governments are suffering their pple, selfish, very greedy and they get funds from all so called USA and European in order to keep on suffering their people.
The Only Prb i can say about USA and the European policy is that they are always against Islam not Arab ''This is the point lot of pple don't understand'' . . . .It's the perfect things what is happening in Egypt right now,Though we all suffering from it but the Citizens are doing the right things just that some part of them are using the chance ''I mean the Protest'' to instigate disaster and tragedy in the country.and leme tell you who is behind these people  using the opputunity of Great Egyptian citizen who are protesting, demanding for their rights to stir up troubles in the county is USA,Isreal and Europeans . . ,  This is the FACT,It's your cup of tea to concur with me or not.

@D-sense

Very well D-sense but the protest in  Egypt at the grass root level mainly comes down to (Economics)High Food prices ,no Jobs for College Educated. I did not mention any other Arab leaders or Arab Countries,even if the situation may be similiar.

Who mentioned anything About Islam?

Wether You are Budist ,Islam ,Sik  does not matter . Egypt have Soaring Food prices, no Jobs for College Educated.

If Egypt people elect a Islamic Government that is thier Choice .

Why did Mubark torture His on citizens and let USA use a prison to torture a person(USA kidnapped brought to Egypt) with no trial some years ago?

USA so called Democratic principles boils down to criminal activity.

Mubarak Has blood on his hands regardless.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Refrence :

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1315013/posts
Terror Suspect Alleges Torture in Egyptian Prison
washingtonpost.com ^ | Thursday, January 6, 2005 | Dana Priest and Dan Eggen

Posted on Wed 05 Jan 2005 11:15:55 PM CST by crushelits

Detainee Says U.S. Sent Him to Egypt Before Guantanamo

U.S. authorities in late 2001 forcibly transferred an Australian citizen to Egypt, where, he alleges, he was tortured for six months before being flown to the U.S. military prison at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, according to court papers made public yesterday in a petition seeking to halt U.S. plans to return him to Egypt.

Egyptian-born Mamdouh Habib, who was detained in Pakistan in October 2001 as a suspected al Qaeda trainer, alleges that while under Egyptian detention he was hung by his arms from hooks, repeatedly shocked, nearly drowned and brutally beaten, and he contends that U.S. and international law prohibit sending him back.

Habib's case is only the second to describe a secret practice called "rendition," under which the CIA has sent suspected terrorists to be interrogated in countries where torture has been well documented. It is unclear which U.S. agency transferred Habib to Egypt.

Habib's is the first case to challenge the legality of the practice and could have implications for U.S. plans to send large numbers of Guantanamo Bay detainees to Egypt, Yemen, Saudi Arabia and other countries with poor human rights records.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Welcome Home: 500 Nigerians Return From Egypt by seyibrown(f): 11:42pm On Feb 04, 2011
The blame is always on the Americans and the Jews, Innit? LOL!
Re: Welcome Home: 500 Nigerians Return From Egypt by Amhatu(m): 11:57pm On Feb 04, 2011
seyibrown:

The blame is always on the Americans and the Jews, Innit?  LOL!

@seyibrown

Thanks for posting. I can show & post  millions of examples what USA is resposible for around the world.

One very sad example is the agent orange Chemical dropped on Vietnam and the children who are malformed by the USA's Chemical warfare.
Even though banned under so called international Law the USA criminals used it anyway (just as they did with the Corexit Chemical in Lousianna Amerique).  (ICC) International Criminal Court Seeks to make all African Nations sign to thier court while thier cousins in USA government comit years of murder and ongoing . I Hope Côte d'Ivoire, also Laurent Gbagbo & Alassane Ouattara take note from this.

Côte d'Ivoire should stay out of the fake ICC court . Côte d'Ivoire Can Administer its on justice.

Links:
http://www.france24.com/en/20110119-reporters-vietnam-agent-orange-war-usa-children-handicaps-chemical-herbicide-courts-obama
http://www.france24.com/en/20110119-reporters-vietnam-agent-orange-war-usa-children-handicaps-chemical-herbicide-courts-obama

Vietnam groups have urged compensation to no avail because USA criminals believe they can answer to no one. But they will soon see.
Re: Welcome Home: 500 Nigerians Return From Egypt by snowdrops(m): 12:25am On Feb 05, 2011
with all the nonsense taking place in Nigeria, Egypt even in its current chaos is way ahead of Nigeria. nuff said.
Re: Welcome Home: 500 Nigerians Return From Egypt by ezeagu(m): 12:27am On Feb 05, 2011
MEND threatens bombings. From warm bathing water to frying pan?
Re: Welcome Home: 500 Nigerians Return From Egypt by eghost247(m): 12:49am On Feb 05, 2011
snowdrops:

with all the nonsense taking place in Nigeria, Egypt even in its current chaos is way ahead of Nigeria. nuff said.
So they should stayed in egypt?
Re: Welcome Home: 500 Nigerians Return From Egypt by cap28: 1:19am On Feb 05, 2011
Amhatu:

Lets also remember The situation in Egypt,why it has come about. The USA Political military industrial families are trying to tell Egyptian people who can be thier President. These silly people in USA have crumbling infrastructure, families in the thousands homeless in USA , in sub zero tempertures in thier winter time, while over 30 years they have given a (Mobutu like) Mubarak all this money (over 10 billion US Dollar of USA  peoples Money who now live on street in USA) and the people in Egypt have suffered for over 30 years the same. (Watch France 24, France 5,)bing.com for news on Egypt in Depth.

The world needs to stop listening to anything the silly USA  dumb people say!

TV5MONDE Afrique

France 24

Bing

Amhatu Ive been following the situation in Egypt but im a bit confused over a few things, what i dont understand is this:

why is america backing the overthrow and removal of their own puppet who they have been funding and supporting for the past 30 years?

if Mubarak is forced to resign - who will replace him?  This Mohammed El Baradei of International atomic agency sounds like his likely successor but from what i hear he is another US puppet.

Commentators are saying that the US are playing for time and want Mubarak to hang on until September by that time they will know for sure who is the most suitable candidate to succeed him.

The thinking is also that the US will have the final say on who eventually leads Egypt and that the Egyptians need to focus not only on getting rid of Mubarak but also on brreaking America's stranglehold over Egypt -

The same commentators say that if the Egyptian people do not stop the US from choosing Mubaraks's successor they will be back to the same position only this time with a different dictator . What do you think?
Re: Welcome Home: 500 Nigerians Return From Egypt by Amhatu(m): 2:07am On Feb 05, 2011
cap28:

Amhatu Ive been following the situation in Egypt but im a bit confused over a few things, what i dont understand is this:

why is america backing the overthrow and removal of their own puppet who they have been funding and supporting for the past 30 years?

if Mubarak is forced to resign - who will replace him?  This Mohammed El Baradei of International atomic agency sounds like his likely successor but from what i hear he is another US puppet.

Commentators are saying that the US are playing for time and want Mubarak to hang on until September by that time they will know for sure who is the most suitable candidate to succeed him.

The thinking is also that the US will have the final say on who eventually leads Egypt and that the Egyptians need to focus not only on getting rid of Mubarak but also on brreaking America's stranglehold over Egypt -

The same commentators say that if the Egyptian people do not stop the US from choosing Mubaraks's successor they will be back to the same position only this time with a different dictator . What do you think?

@cap28 , The commentators are correct.  In anycase the USA is on verge of total Bankruptcy & can not do anything, only political rhetorical nonsense.  Believe it or not, Nigeria, is richer than USA. It is only Nigeria infrastructure that needs developed to show it.

Links :

http://rt.com/usa/news/usa-cities-loans-debt/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbN9Guqr_-A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO5b_FwR5HU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K855k3LhoVM
Re: Welcome Home: 500 Nigerians Return From Egypt by Nobody: 4:30am On Feb 05, 2011
the Egyptians need to focus not only on getting rid of Mubarak but also on brreaking America's stranglehold over Egypt

which stranglehold is that.

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Kidnapped Sailors Freed In Nigeria / Falana Blasts Buhari Over Presidential Form ‘loan’ / Those Who Voted Buhari Are Already Regretting !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.