Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,539 members, 7,823,363 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Killing Of A Rare White Owl Sparks Outrage Online. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Killing Of A Rare White Owl Sparks Outrage Online. (68199 Views)

"Your Colleagues Will Come To You For Food" - Adeboye's Prophecy Sparks Outrage / Owl Found In A Church In Ahoada, Rivers State / Lord's Chosen Member Catches Owl In Church In Enugu State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Killing Of A Rare White Owl Sparks Outrage Online. by Nobody: 6:29am On Jul 13, 2020
Emilokoiyawon:
Religion - Christianity and Islam have destroyed Nigeria.

Many people in this part of the world have always held on to the belief that owls are evil and they have held on to that belief for hundreds- or maybe thousands of years. Long before Islam found its way down to West Africa through the desert and Christianity through the seas.

Where I come from[my ancestral land that is], it was a long-held belief until education came and eradicated it to a great extent. My father used to tell me about it. Besides, many of the older generation over there still, somewhat resolutely, hold on to that archaic belief in the evil proclivities of the owl and these are men[and women] who have never, in their lives, stepped foot in a church.

Truth is, it's always been in the African mind that the owl is an evil bird and the two religions that you have mentioned played such very little role in planting it in there where it is.

4 Likes

Re: Killing Of A Rare White Owl Sparks Outrage Online. by Bornfool(m): 6:47am On Jul 13, 2020
Jakumo:

Oga please o, don't be annoyed with my interruption, but I have a humble question about the name brand of the cannabis that you prefer to imbibe, before picking up your keyboard to type online.

You see, this is my problem. No matter how many BALES of Akure Wonder Weed, I partake, I regret to confess that I am yet to hear OWLS MARCHING ON MY ROOF AT NIGHT, and this obvious lack of potency in my weed supply, is giving me sleepless nights.

Reading further about how you ultimately engaged the rampaging owls on your roof with "serious fighting", I found myself on the edge of my seat. Anyway, thanks be to God, but also to the power of the African bush that you ingest in preparation for battle, for the victory you finally won, that saw the owls fleeing for dear life, after facing the "angular" stick attacks, and boiling water deployments that you launched that fateful day.

Now, this is a delicate subject, since weed is technically illegal in Nigeria, as Sgt. Inyang always reminds me when we jam at the smoke parlor, I just want you to indicate by responding with a number from 1 to 4, as an indirect confirmation that would unveil the cannabis strain you generally prefer to partake during those relaxing evenings at home, while doing battle with ferocious owls and other dangerous beasts from the abyss.

Do you prefer ( 1 ) Ajegunle Battle Bush
( 2 ) Akure Wonder Weed
( 3 ) Akinmokun Daluru Tobacco
( 4 ) Warri Golden Fire Bush

Please just indicate 1, 2, 3, or 4, for my future reference, and God breast Nigeria. Thank you.

Weed is Real

5 Likes

Re: Killing Of A Rare White Owl Sparks Outrage Online. by Nobody: 6:57am On Jul 13, 2020
UncleSnr:
Then why did your Foolish God create it?
Abeg ask am....
But remove FOOLISH, except his own god is foolish and not ours.

Our GOD knows we need such on planet earth.
..... and we really need to adore them.

PEOPLE can now see how people like PMB get their votes...
The Next President is likely to be worse.
Because if we have 70% of an entire population thinking like this, then you need a VISA to get yourself and kids out.

The MATHEMATICS is simple; since the majority will always win.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Killing Of A Rare White Owl Sparks Outrage Online. by JFT24(m): 6:58am On Jul 13, 2020
ican2020:
Owl signifies evil, killing it was the best option.
Says Who?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Killing Of A Rare White Owl Sparks Outrage Online. by blingxx(m): 7:04am On Jul 13, 2020
ican2020:

angry ...if not for internet I for throw you slap.. illiterate oshi no wonder they traded your fore fathers for mirror ,you refuse to be intelligent

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Killing Of A Rare White Owl Sparks Outrage Online. by Olamie09: 7:04am On Jul 13, 2020
Buy a plot of land for as low as 1 million Naira...
Location (sagamu)

Only serious buyers should should message.

Contact via WhatsApp for further enquiry:
http:///2348064921021

1 Like

Re: Killing Of A Rare White Owl Sparks Outrage Online. by blingxx(m): 7:07am On Jul 13, 2020
richiemcgold:
what's so special about an ordinary owl? Nigerians ain't the only people regarding owl as harbinger of evil, whites have same opinion too -- according to William Shakespeare

William Shakespeare lived and died in the 16th century ,this is the 21st century 2020 for crying out loud angry these animals are going extinct already

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Killing Of A Rare White Owl Sparks Outrage Online. by Judybash93(m): 7:10am On Jul 13, 2020
ican2020:

Please and please, don't have kids

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Killing Of A Rare White Owl Sparks Outrage Online. by Nobody: 7:11am On Jul 13, 2020
blingxx:

angry ...if not for internet I for throw you slap.. illiterate oshi no wonder they traded your fore fathers for mirror ,you refuse to be intelligent
Don't mind him

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Killing Of A Rare White Owl Sparks Outrage Online. by ruggedtimi(m): 7:19am On Jul 13, 2020
I don jam cat for night wey no gree clear road for me. I jejely use another route

5 Likes

Re: Killing Of A Rare White Owl Sparks Outrage Online. by jericco1(m): 7:21am On Jul 13, 2020
Africans and their fetish beliefs. undecided

1 Like

Re: Killing Of A Rare White Owl Sparks Outrage Online. by NaijaRoyalty(m): 7:24am On Jul 13, 2020
mrchineke:

This your reasoning is the very reason we live in a society where:

There are no roads, no light, no hospitals, no public infrastructure, no schools, no jobs, no economy, no life. Just frustration after frustration and hopelessness.

Yeah, this is mumu stupid Africa.

A continent of unreasonable stupid human beings.

What ha the bolded got to do with my comment or topic discussed ?

Is Nigeria now a zoo ruled by Bush animals?

The name of your president is Muhammadu Bubari and not an Owl. Buhari was elected to give you good governance
... What I choose to believe about owl doesn't stop the president from giving you jobs and good infrastructure.

So park well abeg

4 Likes

Re: Killing Of A Rare White Owl Sparks Outrage Online. by emmy512: 7:42am On Jul 13, 2020
Damn, a very beautiful bird, first time i saw an owl was in Harry Potter movies, i actually believed they were witchy birds not based on religion but on the movies portrayal of it.
The first time i saw an owl real life was just last year December, I got scared at first cos I didn't realize what it was at first . It was around 6pm I came out of my gate only to realize a bird looking my direction I got curious and went closer and it didn't move like other birds that would fly, I tried to scare it away and it kept giving me attitude as i went closer i i realized it was an owl, those very black ones that you'll only see their eyes from far. Tipping point was when it turned it's head backward n it's body was still facing me, i just took time and took pictures till it left on it's own.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Killing Of A Rare White Owl Sparks Outrage Online. by paulolee(m): 8:46am On Jul 13, 2020
bad
Re: Killing Of A Rare White Owl Sparks Outrage Online. by explosiveskull(m): 8:47am On Jul 13, 2020
sweerychick:
A Facebook user by name Chimelum ajanma has come under heavy fire for killing a beautiful white owl and posting it on Facebook on suspicion that it might be a witch sent to him in his church. his actions however generated lots of criticism by various Facebook users who accused him of being ignorant and superstitious all because of his religious beliefs..

Below is a screenshot of his post.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3979176105488205&id=100001875645074
That guy is a bastard

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Killing Of A Rare White Owl Sparks Outrage Online. by Brunicekid(m): 8:49am On Jul 13, 2020
Hmmmnn... Let's respect people's religious beliefs.,.In as much as indiscriminate killing of animals is bad.
Re: Killing Of A Rare White Owl Sparks Outrage Online. by xynerise: 8:49am On Jul 13, 2020
See them hypocrites insulting the guy when they also have superstitious fears sighting cats and vultures.

Everybody is perfect on the internet

7 Likes

Re: Killing Of A Rare White Owl Sparks Outrage Online. by Pearly255(f): 8:49am On Jul 13, 2020
Sick psychopaths.. What a beautiful bird, they should have given to people like me who appreciates nature.
Re: Killing Of A Rare White Owl Sparks Outrage Online. by supercase1(m): 8:49am On Jul 13, 2020
TheGiftedOne:
To think that some of these low IQ Nigerians are on NL gives me goose bumps.

How did I come to find myself in the same space with kinda people ?
My brother Huzzle ooo make low iq people no become your padi oooo

4 Likes

Re: Killing Of A Rare White Owl Sparks Outrage Online. by jaxxy(m): 8:49am On Jul 13, 2020
The owl had no business trespassing on private property.
Re: Killing Of A Rare White Owl Sparks Outrage Online. by Buliwyf: 8:49am On Jul 13, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
Most Of the idiots attacking that guy would do exactly what he did to that bird

But because its internet, everybody wan form animal right activists like Oyinbo people .

Owl is a beautiful bird, but people use it to commit evil to their fellow human .

I'm an african and juju dey for Africa.

Even Oyinbo people you under developed Nigerians copy and paste their lifestyle believe in witch craft and witch doctors .

Because you believe in moronic superstitions and will do irrational things doesn't mean we all do. Stop making foolish generalisation. How many oyinbo have you seen setting owls on fire before making your stupid claims?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Killing Of A Rare White Owl Sparks Outrage Online. by Openbusiness3: 8:50am On Jul 13, 2020
Hmmmmm
Re: Killing Of A Rare White Owl Sparks Outrage Online. by supercase1(m): 8:50am On Jul 13, 2020
richiemcgold:
what's so special about an ordinary owl? Nigerians ain't the only people regarding owl as harbinger of evil, whites have same opinion too -- according to William Shakespeare
I think Africans need to be banned from watching movies and fiction

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Killing Of A Rare White Owl Sparks Outrage Online. by Omolomo4eva(m): 8:51am On Jul 13, 2020
We still have a lot of mumus in this country . He is just 1 in a million

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Killing Of A Rare White Owl Sparks Outrage Online. by Acidosis(m): 8:52am On Jul 13, 2020
While the young man acted irresponsibly, I can't stand certain creatures. I really wouldn't be comfortable seeing a bird with a human face in my space. Sh!t freaks me out. Letting it go would have been the best idea. I don't like what I don't like.
Re: Killing Of A Rare White Owl Sparks Outrage Online. by supercase1(m): 8:52am On Jul 13, 2020
ican2020:
Whenever I look at you all I see is the reason my Nigeria had been in an unprogressive state and why the likes of tinubu buhari and PDP/APC scammers are cashing out big from naija

1 Like

Re: Killing Of A Rare White Owl Sparks Outrage Online. by Andrew13: 8:52am On Jul 13, 2020
ican2020:
says who

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Killing Of A Rare White Owl Sparks Outrage Online. by Sheriman(m): 8:53am On Jul 13, 2020
President Buhari must hear this!!!!!
Re: Killing Of A Rare White Owl Sparks Outrage Online. by Nobody: 8:53am On Jul 13, 2020
And finally his god sent him wealth but alas he was delusional not to see it, hope he doesn't blame the mythical being in the future.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Killing Of A Rare White Owl Sparks Outrage Online. by uzoexcel(m): 8:53am On Jul 13, 2020
ican2020:
on what universe are you talking about?

1 Like

Re: Killing Of A Rare White Owl Sparks Outrage Online. by Andrew13: 8:57am On Jul 13, 2020
This is why Black's will always be backward, ignorance

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Pastor Adeboye Prays, Advises Nigerians / TB Joshua’s Wife Evict Disciples From SCOAN (Video) / "Touch My Wife, I Will Kill You" - Pastor Adeboye Declares

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.