Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,941 members, 7,814,184 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Magu: Prophet Omale Sues News Agency Of Nigeria For N1 Billion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Magu: Prophet Omale Sues News Agency Of Nigeria For N1 Billion (31481 Views)

Breaking - France24 News Agency Detects Presence Of Wagner Troops In Niger / Emmanuel Omale Sues FCMB For N5 Billion Over False Report / Prophet Omale Denies Buying Property In Dubai For N57M On Behalf Of Magu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Magu: Prophet Omale Sues News Agency Of Nigeria For N1 Billion by danphy6x: 2:10pm On Jul 13, 2020
Demands Apology and Retraction.

Prophet Omale, the General Overseer of Divine Hand of God Prophetic Ministries International, Abuja has sued the News Agency Of Nigeria, NAN, over a report he described malicious, derogatory and libelous with the caption – “HOW MAGU USED ‘PASTOR’ TO LAUNDER RE-LOOTED FUNDS ABROAD - REPORT”.

In a letter written by his lawyer, Chief Gordy Uche (SAN), said the report "reeks of calumny, denigration, actuated by malice, and calculated to ridicule and disparage him, and clearly a hatchet job ingeniously crafted to cast a stain on his reputation; expose him to public hatred and contempt and injure him in his religious calling, as the General Overseer of Divine Hand of God Prophetic Ministries International."

Our client’s attention has been drawn to the extremely malicious, derogatory and libelous publication with the caption – “HOW MAGU USED ‘PASTOR’ TO LAUNDER RE-LOOTED FUNDS ABROAD - REPORT” by your Reporter, one Isamaila Chafe, posted on your website - www.nannews.ng on the 11th day of July 2020.

"We, however, wish to make the following clarifications to put the public records straight:

1. That our client is the General Overseer of an Inter-denominational/Multi-religious Prayer Ministry, which Mr. Ibrahim Magu attends.

2. That our client, only visited Mr. Ibrahim Magu in a Hospital in Dubai, United Arab Emirate, sometime in March 2020.

3. That our client never laundered any funds whatsoever for Mr. Ibrahim Magu, nor for anybody whatsoever.

4. That our client does not own any foreign bank account anywhere in the world.

5. That there are no funds whatsoever traceable from Mr. Ibrahim Magu to our client’s Bank accounts whatsoever neither has our client received any funds whatsoever from Mr. Ibrahim Magu. Our client has never received any funds whatsoever from anybody on behalf of Mr. Ibrahim Magu.

6. That our client does not own any property in Dubai. His name was never used to purchase any property whatsoever in Dubai, United Arab Emirate or anywhere else in any part of the world, neither has he purchased any property or properties for Mr. Ibrahim Magu in any part of the world whatsoever.

"We wish to state that by reason of the said libelous publication which was read by millions of persons all over the world, our client has been severely injured in his reputation, character and calling. Our client has thereby been brought into ridicule, public scandal, hatred, denigration, odium and contempt, and lowered in the estimation of right-thinking members of the society.

"We therefore, demand the immediate retraction of the libelous publication by way of an unequivocal APOLOGY to our client prominently published in at least three (3) National Newspapers not later than 7 (Seven) days from the date of your receipt of this letter and that you restrain from further defamation of our client forthwith otherwise, a libel suit against NAN will commence you, your Organization, claiming the sum of N1, 000,0000,000.00 (One Billion Naira) as exemplary, aggravated, general damages for defamation, and for injunction if you fail to comply.

"Further take notice that this letter constitutes our formal notice of intention to sue.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/07/magu-prophet-omale-sues-news-agency-of-nigeria-for-n1billion/amp/

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Magu: Prophet Omale Sues News Agency Of Nigeria For N1 Billion by remigiusizunna(m): 2:11pm On Jul 13, 2020
Distractions everywhere

6 Likes

Re: Magu: Prophet Omale Sues News Agency Of Nigeria For N1 Billion by SmartProf(m): 2:11pm On Jul 13, 2020
In Frank Edoho's voice, let me ask the prophet this question. Prohet Omale, how do you intend to use the N1 billion if you eventually win the case? Actually the headlines that emanates from Nigeria everyday is enough to cause depression.

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Magu: Prophet Omale Sues News Agency Of Nigeria For N1 Billion by IJOBA2: 2:12pm On Jul 13, 2020
PROPHET OMO ALE MUST VOMIT OUR YAMangry

15 Likes

Re: Magu: Prophet Omale Sues News Agency Of Nigeria For N1 Billion by psucc(m): 2:29pm On Jul 13, 2020
Everyday Dem "zoo" abi na sue. In fact the Courts are tired of lawsuits emanating from poor governance

If you check Nigeria has the highest number of government related litigations from 2015 till date maybe more than since 1914 to 2014.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magu: Prophet Omale Sues News Agency Of Nigeria For N1 Billion by HisSexcellency(m): 2:33pm On Jul 13, 2020
In a letter written by his lawyer, Chief Gordy Uche (SAN), said the report "reeks of calumny, denigration, actuated by malice, and calculated to ridicule and disparage him, and clearly a hatchet job ingeniously crafted to cast a stain on his reputation; expose him to public hatred and contempt and injure him in his religious calling, as the General Overseer of Divine Hand of God Prophetic Ministries International."
This shows that Mr Prophet is guilty as charged. How did a previously unknown prophet afford the services of a SAN

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magu: Prophet Omale Sues News Agency Of Nigeria For N1 Billion by tungamaje: 2:49pm On Jul 13, 2020
HisSexcellency:

This shows that Mr Prophet is guilty as charged. How did a previously unknown prophet afford the services of a SAN

You are quite right in your observation. I know that boy's magnificent church building in Area one near the motor park and I have been wondering how he was able to get the money to build such a big church

9 Likes

Re: Magu: Prophet Omale Sues News Agency Of Nigeria For N1 Billion by IamWonderful: 2:50pm On Jul 13, 2020
Where is the pastor, in Kizz Daniel voice, step into the light and let me see your face

3 Likes

Re: Magu: Prophet Omale Sues News Agency Of Nigeria For N1 Billion by sapientia(m): 2:57pm On Jul 13, 2020
Getting interesting
Re: Magu: Prophet Omale Sues News Agency Of Nigeria For N1 Billion by YourNextLevel(m): 2:58pm On Jul 13, 2020
Watching in 6D..........

2 Likes

Re: Magu: Prophet Omale Sues News Agency Of Nigeria For N1 Billion by jericco1(m): 2:59pm On Jul 13, 2020
undecided
Re: Magu: Prophet Omale Sues News Agency Of Nigeria For N1 Billion by GodSaklek(m): 2:59pm On Jul 13, 2020
This people are very broke now,that's why they are trying all means to recoop all the tithe and offerings they missed

3 Likes

Re: Magu: Prophet Omale Sues News Agency Of Nigeria For N1 Billion by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jul 13, 2020
Re: Magu: Prophet Omale Sues News Agency Of Nigeria For N1 Billion by ebuka10box(m): 3:00pm On Jul 13, 2020
Hard life for naija ::: my fellow nairalanders before man enter University,i been get Lotta dreams oooo. I finally got admitted to study geology, I never graduate I come dey feel like oil worker. Pata-pata belema oil go be the leanest. Year 1: I never sabi wetin Uni dey about, I think say na like secondary school u go read for exam pass. I dey sag trouser, I dey on shangy, I come dey feel like the next D.O.S.

First semester and second semester results come show I no gree check cos I thought I was on track, my course adviser come dey hail me with names like Deaf Dede. I come think am y course adviser go dey use that kind name dey hail me wey swag wan choke. I just summon courage say make I check the result. Engineering drawing -A, I just laf for my mind say me na sabi boy. OMo see result Dede, deaf, deef. D, e and f wan choke my result. That gp no fit do better Mtn flash.
U gats See Me year two, I carry trouser up tire, I come be like Michael Jackson the second. I got serious academically .
I wasn't the best student but at least I wasn't the worst.

Na now wen I realize say the olive oil wey dem use do me Passover we for use am either fry plantain or potato. U gats see prayer before I go service..... Fellowship President :favour market shall be your nickname, favour market shall locate you ME :Amen, I claim it.

Oya I served and passed out, started applying and sending CVS, I change format for cv tire. For where, and una for this nairaland make una no dey confuse Person with different format. I had no job invite till I applied for one desk officer job from jiji, pay was 150k. Man I was like no be to dey knack desk, I go knack am if 150k go sure. OMo time for interview reach, I wore my best suit. Man no get car so Had to hire a cab. I got to the location I saw shops, I checked the address again and was like noooo. Then I remembered the saying forget the car make, Just enter.
No be 150k, I dey find I must get this job. I got to the hall,i filled a form. I started looking around, see face...... No joy at all. One guy head oil been dey drip I come reason say na prayer him come. 2hours I just dey Hear shit packing, interview never start. Nwanne I ask question ooo and I was told very soon.
We were given a bag and asked not to open it, I was like maybe na start up salary be that. I no talk....
We were asked to go out ,when we went out we were asked to open the bag and convince persons and get the job. I come see slim Tea cartons.
I just look the person wet send me message for interview e be like make I forget my portfolio for him neck come make all the tea make him drink am. L8r abeg..

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Magu: Prophet Omale Sues News Agency Of Nigeria For N1 Billion by GboyegaD(m): 3:01pm On Jul 13, 2020
What next on Magugate?
Re: Magu: Prophet Omale Sues News Agency Of Nigeria For N1 Billion by maxiuc(m): 3:01pm On Jul 13, 2020
cheesy

They kind money wey Dem dey mention for naija eeeeh dey shock person yet people are living in Abject poverty

3 Likes

Re: Magu: Prophet Omale Sues News Agency Of Nigeria For N1 Billion by BlackfireX: 3:01pm On Jul 13, 2020
Pastor omale ... 1 billion

Pastor OSI .... 4 billion

grin ATM (M for magu)

3 Likes

Re: Magu: Prophet Omale Sues News Agency Of Nigeria For N1 Billion by eleko1: 3:02pm On Jul 13, 2020
coolvery good
Re: Magu: Prophet Omale Sues News Agency Of Nigeria For N1 Billion by ForeThinker: 3:02pm On Jul 13, 2020
Magu is a Goner bruh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magu: Prophet Omale Sues News Agency Of Nigeria For N1 Billion by chukwuibuipob: 3:02pm On Jul 13, 2020
wink nice one

1 Like

Re: Magu: Prophet Omale Sues News Agency Of Nigeria For N1 Billion by StagethemTVee: 3:03pm On Jul 13, 2020
The day bloggers and newspapers starts getting shut down and asked to pay millions in court for damages, News will stop being hearsay

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Magu: Prophet Omale Sues News Agency Of Nigeria For N1 Billion by Onnasucs1(m): 3:03pm On Jul 13, 2020
1. That our client is the General Overseer of an Inter-denominational/Multi-religious Prayer Ministry, which Mr. Ibrahim Magu attends.

Magu attends a church? cheesy

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Magu: Prophet Omale Sues News Agency Of Nigeria For N1 Billion by fredoooooo: 3:04pm On Jul 13, 2020
Dont demand appolgy abeg sue dem simple, those bastards are the enemies of this country with fake news

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magu: Prophet Omale Sues News Agency Of Nigeria For N1 Billion by IgbalodeRaymond: 3:04pm On Jul 13, 2020
HisSexcellency:

your type are being employed in FBI
see critical thinking

Nice observation

7 Likes

Re: Magu: Prophet Omale Sues News Agency Of Nigeria For N1 Billion by JosephXavier: 3:04pm On Jul 13, 2020
As things are in Nigeria right now, there are so many allegations going left, right, center

Buhari said he needed to appoint those he knew and trust and it took him 7 months after he was sworn in back in 2015 to appoint ministers

He claimed to be fighting corruption but there is no appointment he made that is free of serious allegation of corruption

Since he can't handle corruption the way he promised, I think it's time to divide the country let each geopolitical zone stay on there own so we will know the zone that is more corrupt

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magu: Prophet Omale Sues News Agency Of Nigeria For N1 Billion by 35824L: 3:05pm On Jul 13, 2020
Take one look at his lawyer and the list of associates and you will know that it is iboes/PDP that are sponsoring the fake prophet.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Magu: Prophet Omale Sues News Agency Of Nigeria For N1 Billion by eleko1: 3:05pm On Jul 13, 2020
Nothing consign anybody how he spend his money.Abi those that win jackpot tell u how Dey spend their money?
SmartProf:
In Frank Edoho's voice, let me ask the prophet this question. Prohet Omale, how do you intend to use the N1 billion if you eventually win the case? Actually the headlines that emanates from Nigeria everyday is enough to cause depression.

2 Likes

Re: Magu: Prophet Omale Sues News Agency Of Nigeria For N1 Billion by allthingsgood: 3:06pm On Jul 13, 2020
Pls this is a misleading heading

Its a letter of intention to sue, not a law suit

Anybody can write anything in a letter

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

War Against Money Laundering: Banks, PDP Kick Against Cbn’s Policy / Shehu Sani On Obasanjo’s Letter: Buhari Should Not Use It As Toilet Roll / Femi Adesina Lists Buhari's Achievements In 6 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.