Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Jonathan Appointed ECOWAS Special Envoy To Mali - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Appointed ECOWAS Special Envoy To Mali (33574 Views)

President Buhari Receives ECOWAS Special Envoy And Good Luck Jonathan (Photos) / Jonathan Flown To Mali By Blessing Liman, Nigeria’s First Female Military Pilot / Xenophobic Attacks: President Buhari Despatches Special Envoy To South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Appointed ECOWAS Special Envoy To Mali by NewsOneNigeria1: 5:40pm On Jul 14, 2020
Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has been appointed by the Economic Community of West African States, ECOWAS, as a special envoy to lead the sub-regional body’s mediation mission in Mali

This was made known in a statement issued by his media adviser, Ikechukwu Eze on Tuesday.

As a special envoy, the former President is expected to facilitate dialogue “with all principal stakeholders in Mali, including President Ibrahim Boubacar Keita, opposition leaders, civil society as well as religious organisations, towards resolving the worsening socio-political situation in the West African country.”

Dr. Jonathan who is billed to depart for Bamako, the Malian capital on Wednesday was quoted as saying he would do his best to ensure that the mission achieves the desired result.

He also thanked President Muhammadu Buhari for the support of the Nigerian government, including providing an aircraft and other logistics needed to make the assignment successful.

Former President Jonathan, who had led peace missions to many crisis-ridden nations in the past, is expected to deploy his enormous goodwill within the continent to facilitate the process of restoring peace in the troubled nation, the statement noted.

Mali has been hit by protests, fuelled by the outcome of parliamentary elections in March and April, perceived discontent over the government’s handling of the nation’s jihadist insurgency and worsening economic situation.

Jonathan’s appointment was communicated to him in a letter signed by Mr. Jean-Claude Kassi Brou, President of the ECOWAS Commission.

“Given your position as the former President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the great role and contributions your tenure offered to the maintenance of peace, security and stability in our region, I have the honour, in consultation with the Chair of the Authority, H.E. Issoufou Mahamadou, President of the Republic of Niger, to communicate to you, the decision to appoint you as ECOWAS Special Envoy for the sociopolitical crisis in Mali,” the letter reads in part.

Dr. Jonathan is to engage in consultations with all relevant stakeholders involved in the ongoing dispute in Mali to ensure that common ground is found in the search for peace.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/07/ex-president-jonathan-appointed-ecowas-special-envoy-for-mali/amp/

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jonathan Appointed ECOWAS Special Envoy To Mali by Officialgarri: 5:45pm On Jul 14, 2020
Congratulations. Just don't embarrass us there

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan Appointed ECOWAS Special Envoy To Mali by realstars: 5:45pm On Jul 14, 2020
When A Good Man Leads, There Is Goodness Every Where,

210 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Jonathan Appointed ECOWAS Special Envoy To Mali by Officialgarri: 5:47pm On Jul 14, 2020
realstars:
Because of ordinary Ecowas envoy appointment. undecided
Goodman that Nigerians couldn't stand his sight and had to boot him out

15 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Jonathan Appointed ECOWAS Special Envoy To Mali by realstars: 5:50pm On Jul 14, 2020
Officialgarri:

How Many Of Your Village Or Familly Appointment Do You Have?

282 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Jonathan Appointed ECOWAS Special Envoy To Mali by Firstorderwizard(m): 5:50pm On Jul 14, 2020
In 2024 Jubril Bubu will be appointed nomadic envoy for Iswap

130 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Appointed ECOWAS Special Envoy To Mali by Ejukate: 5:52pm On Jul 14, 2020
Congrats

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Appointed ECOWAS Special Envoy To Mali by raker300: 5:54pm On Jul 14, 2020
We don’t deserve good leaders..

We deserve the failure leading us.

Those of us that managed to start something under GEJ are doing ok for themselves.

His leadership styles, low tax, low petrol prices and low exchange rate helped many of us start something.

Today, they’re only trying to take the little we make by introducing stupendous taxes and divisive policies to steal from our businesses.

155 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jonathan Appointed ECOWAS Special Envoy To Mali by Officialgarri: 5:58pm On Jul 14, 2020
realstars:
How Many Of Your Village Or Familly Appointment Do You Have?
Well, I am not an Ex-president. I would have been compensated with a real juicy position

Even in a steady drunken state for five years, I will do better than Goodluck's tenure if given the same resources he had

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan Appointed ECOWAS Special Envoy To Mali by thesicilian: 6:01pm On Jul 14, 2020
It's a nice achievement, though not really "major" per se.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Appointed ECOWAS Special Envoy To Mali by ChoCho54(f): 6:05pm On Jul 14, 2020
Officialgarri:
I'm waiting to see Afghanistan and Pakistan give buhari appointment when he leaves office.

86 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jonathan Appointed ECOWAS Special Envoy To Mali by Officialgarri: 6:08pm On Jul 14, 2020
ChoCho54:
I'm waiting to see Afghanistan and Pakistan give buhari appointment when he leaves office.
Daddy is old. He should be making appointments with his maker.

11 Likes

Re: Jonathan Appointed ECOWAS Special Envoy To Mali by ChoCho54(f): 6:09pm On Jul 14, 2020
Firstorderwizard:
In 2024 Jubril Bubu will be appointed...
Yes to lead jihad in the Mahgreb..

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jonathan Appointed ECOWAS Special Envoy To Mali by ChoCho54(f): 6:09pm On Jul 14, 2020
Officialgarri:

Daddy is old. He should be making appointments with his maker.
How old is Obj?

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Appointed ECOWAS Special Envoy To Mali by JAMO84: 6:16pm On Jul 14, 2020
They shouldn't put him near money o, his kleptomaniac wife and Ojuyobo mistress are still alive.

I AM DONE TALKING

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Appointed ECOWAS Special Envoy To Mali by dangermouse(m): 6:22pm On Jul 14, 2020
Congrats mr president.

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan Appointed ECOWAS Special Envoy To Mali by realstars: 7:42pm On Jul 14, 2020
Officialgarri:

Well, I am not an Ex-president. I would have been compensated with a real juicy position

Even in a steady drunken state for five years, I will do better than Goodluck's tenure if given the same resources he had
Good And Fine, But That Was His Abillity, Still Better Than Todays Looters,
His Kicheen Cabbinate Where Far More Better Than The Present Cabbal.
The Looting Then Was Open Secret Whill To Cabbal Own Is Squerell Looting,
Guy The Country Is Not The Same, Things Are Bad Than Worst. No One Is Blind To See The Truth,
Goodluck Was Good And Remain Good And Usefull To Nigeria, West Africa, Africa, And The World.
Thank You

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Appointed ECOWAS Special Envoy To Mali by Congrats321(m): 8:48pm On Jul 14, 2020
How many Nigerians booted him out?

Officialgarri:

19 Likes

Re: Jonathan Appointed ECOWAS Special Envoy To Mali by Congrats321(m): 8:49pm On Jul 14, 2020
Which money did GEJ wife steal?

JAMO84:
They shouldn't put him near money o, his kleptomaniac wife and Ojuyobo mistress are still alive.

I AM DONE TALKING

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Appointed ECOWAS Special Envoy To Mali by ThatFairGuy: 8:58pm On Jul 14, 2020
Cluelessness+Corruption is now a goal. smh
I don't know what is special about a THIEF
Re: Jonathan Appointed ECOWAS Special Envoy To Mali by ThatFairGuy: 8:59pm On Jul 14, 2020
Congrats321:
Which money did GEJ wife steal?
You've not been caught aware?

1 Share

Re: Jonathan Appointed ECOWAS Special Envoy To Mali by Mnb19: 9:07pm On Jul 14, 2020
realstars:

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Appointed ECOWAS Special Envoy To Mali by ursullalinda(f): 9:08pm On Jul 14, 2020
Peaceful and gentle man!.......Congrats.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Appointed ECOWAS Special Envoy To Mali by Kudosvibe: 9:08pm On Jul 14, 2020
Jona my man

MUST WATCH:

See what Davido saw that made him cheat on long time lover, The Chef Chi

Watch the video below...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o1wn3MhL-Q

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Appointed ECOWAS Special Envoy To Mali by weblord1900: 9:08pm On Jul 14, 2020
Officialgarri:
Aren't you already embarrassed by Buhari. How much more embarrassment can you get?
Bad belle undecided

27 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Niger Delta Youths To Shut Down NLNG Facilities Over Planned Lagos Shipyard. / Group Faults Urhobo Inclusion In Biafra Map / Boko Haram Invades Borno, Destroys Telecom Mast, Other Facilities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.