Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,341 members, 7,857,247 topics. Date: Tuesday, 11 June 2024 at 02:22 PM

I'll Rather Die Than Go To Prison - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I'll Rather Die Than Go To Prison (1624 Views)

Maryam Sanda On Her Way To Prison (Photos) / 3 Men Sent To Prison For Fighting Over New Sex Worker (pic) / Woman Whose Daughter Was Raped By Neighbour Sent To Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'll Rather Die Than Go To Prison by PhilipReigns(m): 3:45pm On Jul 15, 2020
Good afternoon fellas
I have taken some time out of my busy schedules to share with you; reasons why you must avoid going to prison. While I won't share the inspiration behind this writeup I urge you to remain calm and do whatever you can to understand it in details and stay away from possible crime than could lead you to bondage.
Possible cons of going to jail and what to expect includes:

1. You can come back and find that your peer group, friends, age mates and colleagues have all gone ahead in life, doing well and you are just coming back from jail where you will be expected to go back and start from square one.

2. You can come back and find your beloved wife/fiancée whom you have sacrificed so much for, right in the arms of another man while you languish in jail.

3. You can come back and find out that either or both of your parents are late (Godforbid) and you didn't even have the chance to pay them the last respect cos you have been in the cage.

4. You can come back and no organization, private or federal agency would be willing to employ you because your now have the title 'Ex convict' attached to your name.

5. You can imagine the discrimination and disappointments you and your extended family will experience during and after doing time in a typical Nigerian correctional centre, I can go on and on.

I swear to you than I prefer death to prison

A very close cousin of mine spent few weeks in remand February this year, his experiences are better imagined than told and trust me guys, it's a different world out there.

Killmonger says and I quote:

" Bury me in the ocean with my ancestors that jumped from ships because they knew death was better than bondage"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'll Rather Die Than Go To Prison by Sundrus: 3:53pm On Jul 15, 2020
But Oga, people dey go prison come out become more successful. Once life dey, hope dey...just pray for good health.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'll Rather Die Than Go To Prison by PhilipReigns(m): 3:57pm On Jul 15, 2020
Sundrus:
But Oga, people dey go prison come out become more successful. Once life dey, hope dey...just pray for good health.
Yes your are right but very few cases turn out like that and depends alot more on your possible jail term. Coming back, you're bound to see "changes".
Re: I'll Rather Die Than Go To Prison by Sundrus: 4:00pm On Jul 15, 2020
PhilipReigns:

Yes your are right but very few cases turn out like that and depends alot more on your possible jail term. Coming back, you're bound to see "changes".
regardless of the length of time way u stay...que sera sera

2 Likes

Re: I'll Rather Die Than Go To Prison by PhilipReigns(m): 4:04pm On Jul 15, 2020
Sundrus:
regardless of the length of time way u stay...que sera sera
No I disagree with you. Talking about health, which health? The same health that would take a U turn the moment you have spent at least one month in prison? The food they serve there alone is enough to cause you serious ailments. Let me not talk about the congested environment.
Re: I'll Rather Die Than Go To Prison by kingthreat(m): 4:18pm On Jul 15, 2020
Prison in Nigeria has 1/10th of them innocent people. So they should commit suicide for being jailed wrongly?
So Mandela should have blew himself off than being sent to Staten Island? The great ex-convict who became a legend?
Bullcrap. If you were innocently sent to prison or you made a mistake and went to prison, you can decide upon yourself to make it out a better person.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'll Rather Die Than Go To Prison by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 15, 2020
I quite agree with you that spending time in jail changes your psychology. But sometimes, shit happens. I can authoritatively tell you that over 60% of persons in Nigeria prisons especially in Lagos State are victims of circumstances. Many are innocent. cry cry cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'll Rather Die Than Go To Prison by Sundrus: 4:20pm On Jul 15, 2020
PhilipReigns:

No I disagree with you. Talking about health, which health? The same health that would take a U turn the moment you have spent at least one month in prison? The food they serve there alone is enough to cause you serious ailments. Let me not talk about the congested environment.
if no be say 9ja correctional facility no get head, sometimes solitary confinement dey healthy. E go help build & reshape ur mind & ur general perspective towards life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'll Rather Die Than Go To Prison by PhilipReigns(m): 5:21pm On Jul 15, 2020
kingthreat:
Prison in Nigeria has 1/10th of them innocent people. So they should commit suicide for being jailed wrongly?
So Mandela should have blew himself off than being sent to Staten Island? The great ex-convict who became a legend?
Bullcrap. If you were innocently sent to prison or you made a mistake and went to prison, you can decide upon yourself to make it out a better person.
How many ex convicts become a legend after doing time? Mandela's fate was predestined and designed to happen like that. We all have different karma. Mandela had a political image before going to prison hence the easy route through which he bacme a black president upon his freedom from jail. The blacks at that time believed he was sent to jail in an attempt to suppress the fight against injustice and maltreatment of Blacks in south Africa. Go to some prisons during general elections, when amnesty is tendered by the government is it done with a subtle intension to use the prisoners for political fights and selfish interests after which they are sent back to jail or the prisoners themselves return to crime having no where to start from. Worst off, my short article revolves around Nigerian life after prison not south African that is 80% better off and more civilized than nigeria in all aspect. If you make it out of Nigerian prison, hale and hearty after 21 years you have a purpose on earth God apparently wants you to fulfil.
Re: I'll Rather Die Than Go To Prison by PhilipReigns(m): 5:30pm On Jul 15, 2020
Sundrus:
if no be say 9ja correctional facility no get head, sometimes solitary confinement dey healthy. E go help build & reshape ur mind & ur general perspective towards life.
Yes true again.
It has advantages too like protection from external forces, at least u can't be killed, assassinated or die in an accident while cooling off inside a four wallled prison. But the disadvantages are too much my friend. Why do u think that people commits suicide in police custody awaiting arraignment in court?
Re: I'll Rather Die Than Go To Prison by PhilipReigns(m): 5:33pm On Jul 15, 2020
That same February it was reported live that a police officer committed suicide right inside Panti cell there in yaba Lagos, after killing a civilian in an auto crash. He decided to kill himself to escape going to prison even when he could have been charged with manslaughter (second degree murder) and do a short time like 5 years thereabout and be free again. He committed suicide. This is an eye witness account not a fairy tale.
Re: I'll Rather Die Than Go To Prison by Sundrus: 5:48pm On Jul 15, 2020
PhilipReigns:

Yes true again.
It has advantages too like protection from external forces, at least u can't be killed, assassinated or die in an accident while cooling off inside a four wallled prison. But the disadvantages are too much my friend. Why do u think that people commits suicide in police custody awaiting arraignment in court?
people way dey mostly kill themselves na people way dey claustrophobic.

1 Like

Re: I'll Rather Die Than Go To Prison by PhilipReigns(m): 6:08pm On Jul 15, 2020
Sundrus:
people way dey mostly kill themselves na people way dey claustrophobic.
How?
Re: I'll Rather Die Than Go To Prison by Sundrus: 6:16pm On Jul 15, 2020
PhilipReigns:

How?
people way get fear to dey places way dey crowded & jam-packed , na them dey likely to commit suicide inside prison.
Re: I'll Rather Die Than Go To Prison by PhilipReigns(m): 8:14pm On Jul 15, 2020
Sundrus:
people way get fear to dey places way dey crowded & jam-packed , na them dey likely to commit suicide inside prison.
Na lie
Re: I'll Rather Die Than Go To Prison by Sundrus: 8:58pm On Jul 15, 2020
PhilipReigns:

Na lie
prove me wrong na
Re: I'll Rather Die Than Go To Prison by obonujoker(m): 9:33pm On Jul 15, 2020
PhilipReigns:
That same February it was reported live that a police officer committed suicide right inside Panti cell there in yaba Lagos, after killing a civilian in an auto crash. He decided to kill himself to escape going to prison even when he could have been charged with manslaughter (second degree murder) and do a short time like 5 years thereabout and be free again. He committed suicide. This is an eye witness account not a fairy tale.

Earthly prison or eternal prison, which is worse??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'll Rather Die Than Go To Prison by Greatzeus(m): 5:02am On Jul 16, 2020
Op there are different kinds of prison sentences. Your write up made it look like everyone sent to prison will come out after 20years in prison.
Prison sentences can be few weeks or months or few years,get that right. That nevertheless doesn't make prison a good place. It is worse in developed countries,you are tagged as ex con,your chances of getting a job is drastically reduced. That's why ex con in US always tend to go back to crime.
Remember in US,just a search of your name will bring your criminal records.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'll Rather Die Than Go To Prison by PhilipReigns(m): 8:25am On Jul 16, 2020
obonujoker:

Earthly prison or eternal prison, which is worse??
There's nothing like eternal prison, am a science student, we believe only what can be scientifically proven. Theres no evidence of the existence of hell till now, Don't bring hell bullshit here, even western men of extreme intelligence have confirmed there's nothing like hell, once dead, that is it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'll Rather Die Than Go To Prison by PhilipReigns(m): 8:27am On Jul 16, 2020
Greatzeus:
Op there are different kinds of prison sentences. Your write up made it look like everyone sent to prison will come out after 20years in prison.
Prison sentences can be few weeks or months or few years,get that right. That nevertheless doesn't make prison a good place. It is worse in developed countries,you are tagged as ex con,your chances of getting a job is drastically reduced. That's why ex con in US always tend to go back to crime.
Remember in US,just a search of your name will bring your criminal records.
Yes you're correct
Re: I'll Rather Die Than Go To Prison by obonujoker(m): 8:51am On Jul 16, 2020
PhilipReigns:

There's nothing like eternal prison, am a science student, we believe only what can be scientifically proven. Theres no evidence of the existence of hell till now, Don't bring hell bullshit here, even western men of extreme intelligence have confirmed there's nothing like hell, once dead, that is it.

Don't allow the devil to deceive you through pseudo science....

Eternal prison is real.... That's why Jesus came to set us free
Re: I'll Rather Die Than Go To Prison by PhilipReigns(m): 9:12am On Jul 16, 2020
obonujoker:

Believe whatever you feel like
Re: I'll Rather Die Than Go To Prison by PhilipReigns(m): 12:18pm On Jul 17, 2020
obonujoker:

Some of your mates are already living in heaven on earth (The rich), while u place ur hope on abstract heaven that no one has been able to verify its existence. Don't hustle, be there thinking about heaven and hell. Once dead, that it is....believe it or not.

The white people that have sex anywhere they like and at anytime and commits all kinds of immorality, how many do you see or hear fasting and praying in high tunes every other day like Nigerians does, yet they are far more beautiful, developed, blessed in all aspects, more intelligent and innovative, just name it.... Than we African. The same religion, they (the whites) introduced to you? Mtcheeew
Re: I'll Rather Die Than Go To Prison by obonujoker(m): 12:59pm On Jul 17, 2020
PhilipReigns:

Some of your mates are already living in heaven on earth (The rich), while u place ur hope on abstract heaven that no one has been able to verify its existence. Don't hustle, be there thinking about heaven and hell. Once dead, that it is....believe it or not.

The white people that have sex anywhere they like and at anytime and commits all kinds of immorality, how many do you see or hear fasting and praying in high tunes every other day like Nigerians does, yet they are far more beautiful, developed, blessed in all aspects, more intelligent and innovative, just name it.... Than we African. The same religion, they (the whites) introduced to you? Mtcheeew

Check my signature and bless my hustle... Don't be a nagger grin.... However, the place of God is very important in out lives, we cant do without God, and heaven and lake of fire is real....

Whatever we hustle for here, stays here after we drop this body...what matters, is whether we'd arise to glory or to regret...

I choose eternal glory after enjoying the glory of God on earth

(1) (Reply)

Owo Church Massacre [graphic Images] / Man Jumps Into River After Allegations Of Theft In Lagos(video) / Inside The Wild Life Of Campus Pimps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.