Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,343 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

CNN Gives Special Recognition To Fast-rising Nigerian Skit Maker, Taaooma - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / CNN Gives Special Recognition To Fast-rising Nigerian Skit Maker, Taaooma (1378 Views)

Amarachi Amusi: I’m Richer Than Most Of The Men Seeking To Marry Me, Skit Maker / Man & Plus-Sized Mistress Caught In Bed By Wife, Mistress Pulls Gun (Skit) / CNN Post About Rafael Nadal Engagement & How A Nigerian Misinterpreted It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CNN Gives Special Recognition To Fast-rising Nigerian Skit Maker, Taaooma by YungRashey: 9:33am On Jul 16, 2020
Nigerian social media comedian and skit maker, Maryam Apaokagi better known as Taaooma has received a huge spotlight from International news media, CNN over her art.

She was featured over her family-centric story line which deals primarily on a typical Nigerian household and their everyday struggles.

She spoke on her journey to stardom and how she became an internet sensation.

In April 2019, she uploaded a skit to Instagram that showed a mother rushing to get her daughter to school. The daughter had overslept and missed the school bus.

In the 56-second skit made by the comic, Maryam Apaokagi, popularly known as Taaooma, the daughter realizes halfway through the drive to school that she picked up her lunch box but forget her school bag at home.

The skit was quickly viewed by thousands of Nigerians whom, the comic told CNN, could relate because many parents often have to scold their children.

According to Taaooma, one day, she woke up to hundreds of new mentions and followers on Instagram. The skit had gone viral. As people shared the skit, the video racked up more than 85,000 views on YouTube, giving Nigerians a glimpse into Akpaokagi’s style of comedy.

2 Likes

Re: CNN Gives Special Recognition To Fast-rising Nigerian Skit Maker, Taaooma by Kingsasian(m): 9:36am On Jul 16, 2020
I love her skits. They are one of the skits that I use to while away time this period

2 Likes

Re: CNN Gives Special Recognition To Fast-rising Nigerian Skit Maker, Taaooma by Blackpearlous(f): 9:45am On Jul 16, 2020
One day sha I will be celebrated. Fire!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to her.

1 Like

Re: CNN Gives Special Recognition To Fast-rising Nigerian Skit Maker, Taaooma by espn(m): 9:54am On Jul 16, 2020
One if my favourite skit maker.

Tacoma
Ikorodu bois
Mr macaroni

2 Likes

Re: CNN Gives Special Recognition To Fast-rising Nigerian Skit Maker, Taaooma by espn(m): 9:55am On Jul 16, 2020
One if my favourite skit maker.

Taaoma
Ikorodu bois
Mr macaroni
Re: CNN Gives Special Recognition To Fast-rising Nigerian Skit Maker, Taaooma by austine4real(m): 10:02am On Jul 16, 2020
grin grin

Yoloba

Amaka
Re: CNN Gives Special Recognition To Fast-rising Nigerian Skit Maker, Taaooma by Stephendeals: 10:12am On Jul 16, 2020
Lovely

More wins to all legit hustlers

1 Like

Re: CNN Gives Special Recognition To Fast-rising Nigerian Skit Maker, Taaooma by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 16, 2020
G
Re: CNN Gives Special Recognition To Fast-rising Nigerian Skit Maker, Taaooma by Ayemileto(m): 10:48am On Jul 16, 2020
I will like to see the video talked about in the article shocked

1 Like

Re: CNN Gives Special Recognition To Fast-rising Nigerian Skit Maker, Taaooma by paulolee(m): 10:49am On Jul 16, 2020
she's doing well
Re: CNN Gives Special Recognition To Fast-rising Nigerian Skit Maker, Taaooma by revived: 10:55am On Jul 16, 2020
Ok
Re: CNN Gives Special Recognition To Fast-rising Nigerian Skit Maker, Taaooma by Purplebubble: 10:58am On Jul 16, 2020
Cool
Re: CNN Gives Special Recognition To Fast-rising Nigerian Skit Maker, Taaooma by Sofistcatdmoron: 11:11am On Jul 16, 2020
What of broda Shagi?
Re: CNN Gives Special Recognition To Fast-rising Nigerian Skit Maker, Taaooma by seanwilliam(m): 11:26am On Jul 16, 2020
Black lives matter grin

(1) (Reply)

Help A Girl When She Is In Trouble (meme) / Hi What Does Lady Mean When They. Say Mtcheww / Guys Don't Dare Women Ooo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.