Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,320 members, 7,829,793 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

I Need Help In Choosing My First Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Need Help In Choosing My First Car (1415 Views)

Advice needed on 1.5m budget for a first car owner / When Did You Buy Your First Car And How Much Was It? / Best Car To Buy As A First Car: Car Buying Tips For First Time Buyers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help In Choosing My First Car by Swaginton(m): 11:49am On Jul 16, 2020
Good morning guys.

I am a young guy who wants to purchase his first car. I'm a bit confused with the choice of car to compliement my lifestyle. I'm a corporate business guy who loves to flex too. So far I have considered the following cars:
1. Lexus ES/GS/IS 2008 (with plans to upgrade it to a more modern look).
2. Benz c300/c350 2008-2011
3. Acura ZDX (the sedan)

Which would you reocmmend please. I just want a car that won't give me problem. Fuel efficiciency isn't so much of a priority.

Thank you
Re: I Need Help In Choosing My First Car by Billiebaba(m): 9:00pm On Jul 16, 2020
Congratulations in advance
Due to the kind of weather this days I'll say you should avoid the c class, I fixed about 3 of them all of them had same issues, they entered water and they stopped working. It's a very good car, but situation of Nigerian road and the weather might not let you enjoy the car.
ZDX is a good choice if you want a little bit of SUV feeling.
As for the Lexus, the Es will be a nice choice.
Most important of all, pls go with a competent tech if you are ready. It's very important. I'm very much available if you don't have any.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help In Choosing My First Car by Timothyoj(m): 7:22am On Jul 18, 2020
Acura SUV is key for this period, congratulations in advance bro.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help In Choosing My First Car by Swaginton(m): 8:25am On Jul 18, 2020
Billiebaba:
Congratulations in advance
Due to the kind of weather this days I'll say you should avoid the c class, I fixed about 3 of them all of them had same issues, they entered water and they stopped working. It's a very good car, but situation of Nigerian road and the weather might not let you enjoy the car.
ZDX is a good choice if you want a little bit of SUV feeling.
As for the Lexus, the Es will be a nice choice.
Most important of all, pls go with a competent tech if you are ready. It's very important. I'm very much available if you don't have any.

Thank you. Are you based in Lagos?
Re: I Need Help In Choosing My First Car by Swaginton(m): 8:25am On Jul 18, 2020
Timothyoj:
Acura SUV is key for this period, congratulations in advance bro.

Thanks brother. I appreciate it��
Re: I Need Help In Choosing My First Car by Billiebaba(m): 9:26pm On Jul 18, 2020
Swaginton:

Thank you. Are you based in Lagos?
Yes boss
Re: I Need Help In Choosing My First Car by Swaginton(m): 7:41am On Jul 19, 2020
Billiebaba:

Yes boss
Alright. Whatever I decide Ild probably need your help with mechanical inspection
Re: I Need Help In Choosing My First Car by sultaan(m): 8:48am On Jul 19, 2020
Ford edge is a good chioce
Infiniti FX35 is another
If you are in Abuja a car like Acura TL, or RL will work but not in Lagos

1 Like

Re: I Need Help In Choosing My First Car by FirstSon01: 3:37pm On Jul 19, 2020
Since it's a first car you should consider a lot.
1. Your driving skills:[\b] If you're not a so great a driver then I'd suggest you shouldn't give your car any facelift till about six months (talking form experience wink) Just prepare for a lot of scratches and bashes most especially if you live and work in a city.

[b]2. Maintance Ability:
You should expect to pay a lot of attention to the maintance of your car so you can enjoy it and not become a regular mech visitor. Also mind the mechanic you carry your car to fix. Some don't know anything but since you've found one above I suggest you try him out and also carry him allong to inspect the car.

3. Research: Go online to check the required maintance of the car and also look out for factory problems and users reviews on the are you finally choose. I'd go with the Acura since fuel efficiency isn't a problem in order to get that sweet off road feel grin

Most importantly: Nor forget to buy Gulder for us when the baby touch ground grin

1 Like

Re: I Need Help In Choosing My First Car by Swaginton(m): 5:51pm On Jul 19, 2020
FirstSon01:
Since it's a first car you should consider a lot.
1. Your driving skills:[\b] If you're not a so great a driver then I'd suggest you shouldn't give your car any facelift till about six months (talking form experience wink) Just prepare for a lot of scratches and bashes most especially if you live and work in a city.

[b]2. Maintance Ability:
You should expect to pay a lot of attention to the maintance of your car so you can enjoy it and not become a regular mech visitor. Also mind the mechanic you carry your car to fix. Some don't know anything but since you've found one above I suggest you try him out and also carry him allong to inspect the car.

3. Research: Go online to check the required maintance of the car and also look out for factory problems and users reviews on the are you finally choose. I'd go with the Acura since fuel efficiency isn't a problem in order to get that sweet off road feel grin

Most importantly: Nor forget to buy Gulder for us when the baby touch ground grin

Baba thanks for your advice o. I’m an experienced driver though. I’ve been driving since I was 16, not just my car. Ild also take your other points into consideration.
Send me your location make I send the pack of gulder�
Re: I Need Help In Choosing My First Car by Billiebaba(m): 8:54pm On Jul 19, 2020
Swaginton:

Alright. Whatever I decide Ild probably need your help with mechanical inspection
Alright boss, 07060882711 WhatsApp/call
Re: I Need Help In Choosing My First Car by FirstSon01: 10:38am On Jul 20, 2020
Swaginton:

Baba thanks for your advice o. I’m an experienced driver though. I’ve been driving since I was 16, not just my car. Ild also take your other points into consideration.
Send me your location make I send the pack of gulder�

That's better.
Congratulations in advance then

The location is house 3155701662 First bank road.
Re: I Need Help In Choosing My First Car by Dowenship(m): 8:20am On Jul 21, 2020
Swaginton:
Good morning guys.

I am a young guy who wants to purchase his first car. I'm a bit confused with the choice of car to compliement my lifestyle. I'm a corporate business guy who loves to flex too. So far I have considered the following cars:
1. Lexus ES/GS/IS 2008 (with plans to upgrade it to a more modern look).
2. Benz c300/c350 2008-2011
3. Acura ZDX (the sedan)

Which would you reocmmend please. I just want a car that won't give me problem. Fuel efficiciency isn't so much of a priority.

Thank you

After choosing any of your choice you can contact me(09017563231) or visit our office at alausa ikeja. We have reliable cars.
Re: I Need Help In Choosing My First Car by MonTaNa92: 11:00am On Jul 21, 2020
Boss man.. How u see Ford edge Limited edition
Billiebaba:

Yes boss
Re: I Need Help In Choosing My First Car by Billiebaba(m): 8:05pm On Jul 21, 2020
MonTaNa92:
Boss man.. How u see Ford edge Limited edition
That car sef rugged, just go with a good technician that will check the car thoroughly for you. If you don't have one I'm very much available.
Re: I Need Help In Choosing My First Car by Manuella4ace: 6:21am On Jul 22, 2020
Es350 is a better buy here, just go for a clean car.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Toyota Avalon 2013 / Can His Car Air Conditioner Be Fixed / What Type Of Battery Should I Go For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.