Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,920 members, 7,810,532 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:41 AM

You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? (5960 Views)

Prophet Mboro: Jesus Wife Is Hot And Sexy / 10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by nuru(m): 3:40pm On Feb 07, 2006
There is no marriage made in heaven. All do experience some bumps, but as long as the ride is generally smooth, you have cause to be happy.
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by truthhurts(f): 2:03pm On Feb 08, 2006
thanks nuru u said it all, fact is they accomodated each other's excesses and so they both worked hard 4 d marriage 2 work out i respect them alot
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by yemstrad(f): 4:06pm On Feb 08, 2006
I joined your humble self in respecting and wishing them long life and more blissful marriage.
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by truthhurts(f): 1:11pm On Feb 09, 2006
thanks yemstrad 4 once u supporting me i hope i dont get to pay 4 this in mmy other post grin
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by charlisco(m): 2:58pm On Feb 10, 2006
i am sensing some thing about the advert google is displaying, it seem when the name muslim is mentioned in any trend google tend to put that nastradumus advert in it.
What does that mean?
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by charlisco(m): 3:05pm On Feb 10, 2006
see do not let any body deceive you, 4 those who intend to go into such marriage, well some people say they have seen such kind of a marriage that work out. I do not doubt it, but it is 0.9% out of every 100% so who know whether you own will be that 0.9%

To this link is an experience told by one woman who later found out what it takes to marry a muslim
http://www.faithfreedom.org/Testimonials/Jutta50426.htm
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by papermoon(f): 4:42pm On Feb 10, 2006
a marriage can work irrespective of religion.when my parents met..my mum was a bhuddist and my dad a muslim.with time my dad stayed a muslim but my mum is now a born again christian.and they were together for over 30 years.
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by Cashino: 6:55pm On Feb 19, 2006
i just said this to another guy so i will say it to you too,

LISTEN MATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every muslim will always say that it should never happen not just because of their religeous beliefs but also of their cultural beliefs of losing one of their own to an infidel. (this can also happen the other way around) THE TRUTH IS,

God would never want anything bad to happen to us and neither would he want us to suffer. This would also include leaving your dreams behind because of a culture and settling in for a less fitting option because "society says so".

LOVE WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS and if there is true love in your relationship then nothing can stand in your way, the only time it (religeon) will become a problem is if you are both set in your beliefs and start trying to convert eachother. If you respect eachother's beliefs, tolerate the things you disagree with and you truely love eachother then your love will flourish like any other relationship - regardless of background. Is religeon a problem in your relationship at the moment? has it been in the past? and if so - then to what extent? a conversation and debate is ok but arguing who is right may not help.

You both love God right? be his name Allah, Jehovah, Jah, Krishna or buddha this will not stop you from hugging her before you go to bed each night. The fact you both love God is a good thing and makes you both humble.

Personally i think it would be better than marrying in your own. A muslim girl dedicates herself to her husband unlike any other culture so you know she would never cheat, lie, steal or plan things behind you back which is the culture for alot of western women. On the flip side: traditional muslim men treat their wives as housewives - almost like objects. so the love and support you are willing to give her cannot be found in her culture either. - if you love her - the thought of her being under loved by someone else should make the hairs on your back stand upright.

Both of your cultures are amazing, beautiful and there are loads and loads you can learn from eachother about life, if you go deep into it you may just find a few things you see muslims do that christians should too and vice versa. your differences can easily add spice to things and make you better people in general.

Love is the most powerful emotion on earth. With it you can do ANYTHING. don't let it society hold you back, judge your future from your past. the only thing that should matter in this situation is that you are both happy.

I am a christian who is madly in love with a muslim and she feels the same way for me too. Our whole relationship was filled with "what shall we do" when we fell in love. a few years have since passed and we have decided to marry. we are unbelieveably young and her parents are unbelievably strict so we have alot of hiding it and waiting in our hands but its our final decision. not many people are willing to go through what we are, but we were destined and we will fight for as long as it takes and against all odds. i don't see many couples as in love as we are and our relationship has surpassed many of our friends same religeon relationships because the love we have is pure and true.
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by Softee(f): 11:30pm On Feb 23, 2006
No a christian canno't marry a person of a religion. I say this because getting married draws you away from God as it is. But marrying a muslim girl will draw you away from God even more. This is because we have differen't laws and commandments from God. It won't work. Also a christian husband and a wife are orignially surpose to go to CHURCH in the presence of God to get married and ask him for permission. The christian husband will expect to go to the church and the muslim wife will expect to go to the mosque. Also if they have children, they will most likely grow up confused about christianity and islam.

A true muslim woman wouldn't even marry out of her religion anyway because it is their belief.

I am a Christian and will only marry a Christian simply for the fact that i would like me and my husband to go in the presence of God together. So that the holy spirit can live in our home. Any marriage of God works! (If you do it correctly)
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by supaguy(m): 10:58am On Feb 25, 2006
Christianity is a way of life, and not religion, not all that is accepted by the Christian faith is accepted by Islam. When there is clash of these two, there would definitely be problems, based on religious basis in the family. I don't think it can work.
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:23pm On Jul 10, 2006
well i think it depends on the individuals involved
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by Busta(f): 6:34pm On Jul 10, 2006
two different religion in a marriage, don't and can't work.

Got some friends that their family was divided in to parts, christians was led by the Popsy and the muslims was led by the mumsy. In the end, the family was divided into two and everyone separated with their religion, Popsy moved abroad with the christians and mumsy is in Kaduna with the others. some love huh?
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by babe1(f): 9:00am On Aug 01, 2006
I am catholic and i married a Muslim almost two tears ago. So far so good, i don't go to the mosque and he doesn't go to my church but we do pray together to GOD. I take our 9month old baby to church, he has not tried to stop me and i know eventually he would wanna take her to the mosque. Hopefully the children can decide what they want when they are old enough. I think thats the only obstacle. I love him and he loves me unconditionally and i think that works great.
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by Saipro(m): 12:35pm On Oct 02, 2007
The question bothers me a lot too , an end-trap?
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by Ndipe(m): 1:48am On Nov 15, 2007
It may work if both partners are willing to compromise the tenet of their religion. For me, I wont!
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by Leilah(f): 2:56am On Nov 15, 2007
muslim women don't marry men from other religions. I have never heard of any (exept for myself)
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by olanajim(m): 12:34pm On Nov 15, 2007
Yeah, right but it can be tough.

Hotspice was right.
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by MasterUwem(m): 10:07am On Nov 20, 2007
Marriage has to do with love.

If reall love is there no matter what is ur religion you will have a happier marriage
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by almondjoy(f): 12:16pm On Nov 20, 2007
That is an absolute impossibility--personally.  Can not even dream of befriending someone, male or female who has a different view point spiritually from mine not to talk of marry. Not that adventurous.  That would bore me to death listening to his or her garbage all the time, while trying to express mine! Shoot me somebody!  What a boring life!

And boy!  Poor children!

Good luck!  Like the saying goes--with God, all things are possible.
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by ralse: 12:00am On Nov 21, 2007
@poster, it is a tight one. am a christian guy married to a muslim girl.

we married in the court not giving damn about who cares, we are making it work but some of my relatives are keen on her changing and some of her relatives propounding new islamic laws that it is a sin to stay with a non muslim.

Now we have a daughter who has christian and muslim name

its been tough but our love has only waxed stronger. However it is a pending issue but it has been easier cos we are both fatherless.
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by ajile2: 12:40pm On Nov 21, 2007
@ charlisco Posted by: charlisco
Insert Quote
see do not let any body deceive you, 4 those who intend to go into such marriage, well some people say they have seen such kind of a marriage that work out. I do not doubt it, but it is 0.9% out of every 100% so who know whether you own will be that 0.9%

To this link is an experience told by one woman who later found out what it takes to marry a muslim
http://www.faithfreedom.org/Testimonials/Jutta50426.htm

i want to attack charlisco, i read the article from this site,ad i want us to see things as the religion is a thing of the mind, the lady was happy with the religion initially and was already seeing herself moving close to God and heaven until her husband forced laws of veils and other things to her.that was when she didnt like the religion again.so we believe and love our religion if we want to. is just a thing of the mind. so i dont think religion should be obstacle to anything being it marriage,friendship or others. the obstacle people her saying is because they want to see the obstacles as obstacles and is because of the eniviroment we are.
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by Leilah(f): 2:43am On Nov 22, 2007
Please Ralse reply me r u serious? I thot I was the only one in this situation cry
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by olabowale(m): 12:06pm On Nov 23, 2007
@ The Poster

A muslim woman who truly knows just enough about the commandment of Allah Almighty, will never, and never marry a man other than a Muslim man! It is against Allah's commandment that a Muslim woman marries a christian or Jew or any other, except Muslim. The reason s are so many. The complete reason is know my the All Knower, alone.
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by zimba315(m): 2:52pm On Nov 23, 2007
2 mi they have to agree on something b4 they go ahead but to mi what really matters is the luv and every other things will surely work it.
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by zimba315(m): 2:54pm On Nov 23, 2007
2 mi they have to agree on something b4 they go ahead but to mi what really matters is the luv and every other things will surely work out.
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by spoilt(f): 6:06pm On Mar 16, 2008
abeg which one be great one? grin
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by PHBABE(f): 7:23pm On Mar 16, 2008
yea, anyone, pls wats great one?
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by ifyalways(f): 9:41pm On Mar 16, 2008
whats the great religion
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by 4Him(m): 12:19am On Mar 17, 2008
spoilt:

abeg which one be great one? grin

PHBABE:

yea, anyone, please wats great one?

ifyalways:

whats the great religion

Thanks to an indirect threat to the life of our dear admin as a result of which he has suddenly discovered a "deep respect" for Is'lam . . .

Mus'lim now translates to "great one"
Is'lam translates to "the great religion".
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by TheSly: 12:29am On Mar 17, 2008
The case i have seen is. . .
Husband is a mus.lim and wife is a xtian and everything is very perfect!

The woman is allowed to go to church and everything is just fine. . .
But for me. . . i'd rather remain a catholic father with no wife that to marry a m.uslim girl. .
No offence. . thats just the way it iz. . wink
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by mohawkchic(f): 4:36am On Mar 17, 2008
~I suppose i'll ave to use my parents marriage to answer your question!!

~It worked for them,my ma is Catholic,my Dad was a moslem,funny thing is my Dad married my mum in a catholic church then they had a moslem wedding directly after In a mosque,the wedding pics had my dad wearing a kaftan over his suit cheesy

~I was made to understand the point of doing that is converting the woman's faith to the man's religion,but by my parents admission, my grandad had a lot to do w/ the church wedding!! grin

~I can only recall my mum goin to pray with us on Eid Once!!my dada was always a practicing moslem but he never Imposed his religion on my mum or us,if anything i suppose he was happy with us been all dressed up on Eid N goin to "pray" w/ him,bless him smiley

~Few times i deceived him in thinking i was fasting,he felt really proud,i felt bad & made an effort to learn about the religion. . . actually fasted & pray: I went to a catholic school,{more out of sentiment b/c my mum's an ole gal of the school} my dada approved of that,i even tagged myself a "chris~mos" !!! went to church Too!!

~Soo i suppose it really depends on how strongly the individuals involved Practice their faith,& how Important it is to them!!

~For my folks i guess it never was an Issue!!
Re: You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? by olanajim(m): 7:05am On Mar 17, 2008
@topic,
having researched the issue of marriage between a great one and the christain, I can tell you that it can work. It does work. Just like any other marriage between couples in the same religion, it can also fail.

My guardian is a great one and married a christain. But today, he is no more and the wife is still a christain.

Individual attitude and mutual understanding is the key. We must stop acting as if every marriages that have two couples in the same religion produce pious kids. The goal we seek is diversed.

I admits that it require hard work and rancour-free communication. This should be achieved during courtship. I also admits there is tendency for either of them to change faith in future. I noticed that this only work if it is done without force. It can happen either way.

My opinion is that this kind of union is no more an issue. It is in fact on the rise and it appear that those who make success of it are those who are determined to make it work. And they are many. I envy such family and pray to be part of the success story if I have the opportunity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Faith-healer And Evangelist, Maurice Cerullo, Investigated / The Members Of Rccg,mfm,cac,catholic,deeperlife,ccc E.t.c Should Stop Doing This / Rape In The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.