Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,781 members, 7,831,516 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Buhari Receives Nigeria’s First Artisanally-Mined Gold - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Receives Nigeria’s First Artisanally-Mined Gold (49434 Views)

Seyi Makinde Storms Facility Being Used To Store Illegally Mined Minerals / Buhari Receives Orji Uzor Kalu In Daura (photos) / President Buhari Receives The Super Eagles Team (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Receives Nigeria’s First Artisanally-Mined Gold by CHIOMAEZEH: 8:37pm On Jul 16, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz95E5Qovx8

Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday received the country’s first artisanally- mined gold. ⁦

“With the implementation of the PAGDMI scheme which will result in the set-up of accredited gold buying centres across key mining areas, artisanal miners and SMEs engaged in mining will be able to capture the value of their work,” Buhari said on Thursday.

“These operations will help in diversifying our revenue base.”

Buhari said the sale of gold by artisanal miners and SMEs at accredited centers will help the government in realising royalties and taxes from the sale of these assets.

He said these developments will also help in improving our foreign reserves by enabling the Central Bank of Nigeria to increase the amount of gold in its reserves.

The artisanally-mined gold was processed and refined according to the London Bullion Market Association (LBMA) standards.

CBN has now purchased the 12.5kg bar of gold at the rate of N268 million for use as part of Nigeria’s external reserves, with a cheque presented a Cheque for that amount to the Presidential Artisanal Gold Mining Development Initiative

PAGMI is a comprehensive artisanal and small-scale gold mining development programme, launched in 2019 to foster the formalization and integration of artisanal gold mining activities into Nigeria’s legal, economic, and institutional framework.

Buhari approved PAGMI in 2019 to address the issues of illegal smuggling of gold out of the country and foster the integration of artisanal gold mining into the formal system.

The initiative was designed to integrate social, environmental, health and safety, economic, commercial, and technical considerations, into its implementation.

It was also signed as a broader strategy to address the structural and institutional factors such as rural poverty, lack of alternative livelihoods, and difficulties in meeting legal and regulatory requirements that tend to push artisanal gold mining operators deeper into the informal economy.

The main gold producing belt with history of artisanal workings and exploration activities in Nigeria will benefit from PAGMI.

Intervention at artisanal mining sites will take place in Kebbi, Kaduna, Zamfara, Niger, and Osun states with Kebbi and Osun States serving as the pilot states.

SOURCE: https://guardian.ng/news/buhari-receives-nigerias-first-artisanally-mined-gold/

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Receives Nigeria’s First Artisanally-Mined Gold by Goldp5988(f): 8:41pm On Jul 16, 2020
Good one

19 Likes

Re: Buhari Receives Nigeria’s First Artisanally-Mined Gold by IkwerrePikin: 9:01pm On Jul 16, 2020
Pls share this!!!

Nigeria, we want regional government!

Each Region consist of it’s current states and assembly.

Replace State of origin with Region of origin

Each region with it’s democratically elected Regional governor

Each region with it’s regional Assembly

Each region with it’s regional Police Force

Each region with it’s Regional Task force

All region takes charge of it’s resources and pay 30% to the federal govt.

The federal govt takes care of federal ministries, customs, federal police, and military.

With this, Nigeria economy and currency will be great and become the true giant of Africa.

156 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Buhari Receives Nigeria’s First Artisanally-Mined Gold by ibawon(m): 9:01pm On Jul 16, 2020
First Mined Gold
ABI first publicised mined Gold

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Receives Nigeria’s First Artisanally-Mined Gold by joviegghead: 9:01pm On Jul 16, 2020
Hmm
This is a good development. I'm really impressed.

I just hope there are structural frameworks to ensure this remains an avenue to enrich the country and make our economy comparatively competitive within the global play field rather than a channel for theft and further corruption.

Good job. The president is working. Don't attack me.

Btw, with the formalization of mining, how can i get into the business? It's seems juicy.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Receives Nigeria’s First Artisanally-Mined Gold by drizslim(m): 9:01pm On Jul 16, 2020
No need the daura clown Will loot it!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Receives Nigeria’s First Artisanally-Mined Gold by Slawormir: 9:01pm On Jul 16, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

God bless buhari my real niggarrr

As i read this article finish....I just dey reason better bombing format from this article..let me light up my weed and drink my Heineken to give me inspiration

Sweet heart.... during our operation in Islamabad we saw 12.5kg bar of gold at the rate of N268 million dollars or rather worth 268 million dollars...you know we can't keep it...so am sending it down through courier shipping service...I will give you the tracking details....and the shipping company website for tracking

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Receives Nigeria’s First Artisanally-Mined Gold by AceRoyal: 9:01pm On Jul 16, 2020
I'm sure he was shocked by this development grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Receives Nigeria’s First Artisanally-Mined Gold by Andrew13: 9:01pm On Jul 16, 2020
cheesy
Re: Buhari Receives Nigeria’s First Artisanally-Mined Gold by emmaitive(m): 9:01pm On Jul 16, 2020
Ok
Re: Buhari Receives Nigeria’s First Artisanally-Mined Gold by Sibrah: 9:01pm On Jul 16, 2020
Artisans from China or our locals?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Receives Nigeria’s First Artisanally-Mined Gold by Bighead9: 9:01pm On Jul 16, 2020
God bless the North.

Fear North.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Receives Nigeria’s First Artisanally-Mined Gold by Trimque2k1(m): 9:01pm On Jul 16, 2020
tired of this country o

1 Like

Re: Buhari Receives Nigeria’s First Artisanally-Mined Gold by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jul 16, 2020
Soon to be looted gold? No be Naija we dey?

Another opportunity for rich the and mighty to milk the nation in their usual manner.

This will not reduce the price (gold) jewelry in the market.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Receives Nigeria’s First Artisanally-Mined Gold by Baloranking(m): 9:02pm On Jul 16, 2020
Nice development.

I hope they won't use this as a platform to loot again

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Receives Nigeria’s First Artisanally-Mined Gold by Buhari2023(m): 9:02pm On Jul 16, 2020
Where is the Gold Sef!!! angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Receives Nigeria’s First Artisanally-Mined Gold by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jul 16, 2020
this is a good move by the government we can't always depend on oil

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Receives Nigeria’s First Artisanally-Mined Gold by Eriggs: 9:03pm On Jul 16, 2020
Trimque2k1:
tired of this country o
waka commot now, u beg u to stay. me too tire for 16 years of failure. but i still.dey

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Receives Nigeria’s First Artisanally-Mined Gold by KhingLufem1(m): 9:03pm On Jul 16, 2020
Ok
Re: Buhari Receives Nigeria’s First Artisanally-Mined Gold by NaijaOlosho(f): 9:03pm On Jul 16, 2020
Media / audio mining cheesy

1 Like

Re: Buhari Receives Nigeria’s First Artisanally-Mined Gold by bjgurl(f): 9:03pm On Jul 16, 2020
Awesome development, eshun

1 Like

Re: Buhari Receives Nigeria’s First Artisanally-Mined Gold by Eriggs: 9:04pm On Jul 16, 2020
Bighead9:
God bless the North.

Fear North.
God bless the President

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Receives Nigeria’s First Artisanally-Mined Gold by Eriggs: 9:04pm On Jul 16, 2020
Goldp5988:
Good one
very very good

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Receives Nigeria’s First Artisanally-Mined Gold by tomdon(m): 9:04pm On Jul 16, 2020
Another chopping way for the utterly corrupt leaders
Re: Buhari Receives Nigeria’s First Artisanally-Mined Gold by davien(m): 9:04pm On Jul 16, 2020
Haven't the Chinese and North Koreans been secretly mining our gold in Nigeria for years?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Receives Nigeria’s First Artisanally-Mined Gold by Baloranking(m): 9:05pm On Jul 16, 2020
Bighead9:
God bless the North.

Fear North.

grin take it easy with your demo monikers

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Woman Steals N50k In Kiki Osinbajo's Shop (Video) / Hadiza El-Rufai: I'm Married To A Governor; I'm Not Part Of Government / President Jonathan Visits Pastor Adeboye (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.