Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,151 members, 7,811,292 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:28 AM

Hadiza El-Rufai: I'm Married To A Governor; I'm Not Part Of Government - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hadiza El-Rufai: I'm Married To A Governor; I'm Not Part Of Government (49403 Views)

Hadiza El-Rufai Remembers Daughter, Yasmin Who Died In London Apartment In 2011 / Hadiza, El-Rufai's Wife: This Is What Kaduna Stress Has Done To My Husband / El-Rufai: I'm The Governor Of The State; If I'm Not Abused, Who Will Be Abused? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hadiza El-Rufai: I'm Married To A Governor; I'm Not Part Of Government by Easternsun2020: 2:44am On May 29, 2020
Hadiza El-Rufai, wife of Kaduna state governor, Nasir El-Rufai, has replied Nigerians who attacked her on Twitter today.

Mrs. El-Rufai was bashed by Nigerian Twitter users for not commenting on the lingering crisis in Southern Kaduna but coming on Twitter to celebrate having 80, 000 followers.

Well, Mrs El-Rufai has responded to their criticism. According to her, she is married to a governor but is not part of the government

''Did any of you see “First Lady” in my bio? My TL is for language, humour and other light-hearted issues. I don’t tweet about serious matters like governance and politics. Though I’m married to a governor I’m not a part of government. I swore no oath.''she tweeted
https://twitter.com/hadizel/status/1266062786414759941?s=19

28 Likes

Re: Hadiza El-Rufai: I'm Married To A Governor; I'm Not Part Of Government by Scream(m): 2:59am On May 29, 2020
So her "not being in government" has taken away her humanity?

People of goodwill should be concerned about the death of fellow citizens in the hands of criminals, you don't have to be an official of the government. Are we in US government for us to be concerned about the death of George Floyd in America?

She should be educated that we practice Democracy and the simplest definition is government of the people, by the people and for the people. Is she not part of the people?

Also, the office of the First Lady doesn't exist in our constitution...whether she accepts it or not doesn't make her an official of the government.

266 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Hadiza El-Rufai: I'm Married To A Governor; I'm Not Part Of Government by jeffizy(m): 3:04am On May 29, 2020
The twitter 1st Lady and her numerous online fans at war again.

Actually, Madam, not being in governance doesn't nullify you having an opinion on the matters affecting a part of the state.

Except you're a zombie, which you're obviously not.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hadiza El-Rufai: I'm Married To A Governor; I'm Not Part Of Government by Galactico4ever(m): 3:04am On May 29, 2020
This is what you get when your first lady is a social media influencer WANNABE grin grin

87 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hadiza El-Rufai: I'm Married To A Governor; I'm Not Part Of Government by darfay: 3:09am On May 29, 2020
Matriarch of the El rufai family, the most morally bankrupt group of people related by blood. If shamelessness, bigotry and hate were a family

84 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Hadiza El-Rufai: I'm Married To A Governor; I'm Not Part Of Government by AdaoraNK(f): 4:25am On May 29, 2020
Will she also reject allocations and vehicles attached to the first lady's office?

201 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Hadiza El-Rufai: I'm Married To A Governor; I'm Not Part Of Government by MetaPhysical: 4:28am On May 29, 2020
There is a part of history of North Nigeria that many Southerners are unaware of but which if care is not taken would also repeat itself in South. It has to do with alcohol.

In the early days of colonialism spirits and liquor was imported for the whitemen consumption only. Many of them bootlegged the product and sold to natives. Observers soon picked up that liquor reacts differently in the whiteman system than it does with the blackman, when consumed in same quantity and under same conditions and similarity of physicallity. So they raised duties and price to limit the availability and distribution of it. At one point they requested legislation back in UK to forbid importation of spirit to the natives in Southern Nigeria. Bottlers and merchants back in England suffered loss of revenue. They lobbied and put pressure on their government not to restrict trade in liquor. So the importation resumed and availability and consumption of liquor in Southern Nigeria was no longer prohibited.

Its distribution slowly crept up to the North as the business boomed, particularly with RNC, which later became UAC as the sole distributor. As part of their negotiated peace and treaties with the English, Northern rulers drew a boundary for liquor trading and missionary work. Therefore the North had penal codes that made liquor consumption a crime. When missionary penetrated into some non-muslim parts in North, liquor also went along with it. Everywhere bible was received, liquor was also introduced.

Liquor is a weapon. It is a mind altering chemical that when consumed suppresses certain aspects of cognition usually used in processing and responding to impulses and circumstances in the immediate sorrounding and interactions. Therefore an alcohol consumer will concede ...or fail to recognize risks and threats sufficiently for self preservation....and thus in his vulnerable state is exploited. The colonials were ready to do battle and posess our lands, and in fact they fought wars in Lagos, in Ijebu, in Benin, in Sokoto, in Kano and in Bauchi but they also took many dispossessed us of many lands simply by using alcohol to alter our senses and put us in a position to be easily exploited with minimal or zero casualty.

Kaduna was the traditional land of the collective people we call Southern Kaduna today. Kaduna was leased from them when Colonials relocated their headquarters from Lokoja to Kaduna. Bible and alcohol were the two legacies they gained from colonial government. After colonials handed power to regional government, the fulanis in power began a programme of expansion to subdue and hold the North under their spiritual and political control. Gradually intoxication of the Kaduna majority ethnic groups (kajuru, gwari, and so on) took a new turn and trend. To cut the story short.....The majority number gradually became the minority in authority and with that they also lost vast areas of their ancestral homes. In 2015 or 2017 (can't remember which) Governor El Rufai sought to modify the alcohol consumption penal code that had always been in practice and it was meant to prohibit alcohol generally for everyone, muslim and non-muslim....but either by commission or ommission, the prohibition achieved the opposite. It is like telling a child i dont want to see you play ball outside because if you kick the ball and break someone's glass window I will have to pay for it. Meanwhile other children in the neighborhood gather everyday outside and play ball. Then you watch the child get impatient and with annoyance. So you say, okay Im going to just ban all children from playing ball outside. So you give the order. Guess what....those children will find a field somewhere else outside your sight and earshot. What the child does not see or hear also pacifies him into thinking no one else is playing ball and so he doesnt feel cheated...he calms. Southern Kaduna have been drinking alcohol before El Rufai was born.....he might ban it in Kaduna, for muslims.......he cannot enforce its ban on the Christians of Southern Kaduna. The effect is they will stay consumed and continue to lose their ancestral and tribal lands and chiefdoms. Alcohol did this to them.

Alcohol has become a status statement in the South and we have become engrossed in its consumption that we have an addiction, just like in Southern Kaduna, that our vulnerability grows rapidly and put us at risk of exploitation by the North. They are using weapons now to seed terror and intimidation, a time is coming that they will not need weapon....our intoxication is sufficient to yield to them while they slowly peel away our rights and force upon us a two class system...one law for them , a different law for us......just as they did to the Southern Kaduna.

In the Rufai household they probably mock the Southern Kadunas as drunks. They treat them as one for all we can see. Their mockery has crossed over to the web and lately voiced by their son Bello....who once promised gang rape and derided Igbo, with a repeat derision of Ipob few days ago in a tweet. Igbo people are not at the same level, academically or socially with a small boy whose father is an accidental achiever. So what could inform such a arrogance and filthy disregard. The state of mind! Alcohol has deeply altered our state of mind in South. Even when are not intoxicated, our reasoning habits are flawed....the toxins and poison in our blood keep us sedated and dispossed of fundamental responses to self-preservation. This applies to Yoruba, it applies to SS.

48 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Hadiza El-Rufai: I'm Married To A Governor; I'm Not Part Of Government by Fasindo: 4:37am On May 29, 2020
shocked

The deepest part of hell is reserved for those who keep quiet in time of moral crises.... Dan Brown

This is the worst excuse I have ever heard since I was born. So one need to be in govt b4 condemning an evil being done in d society.
She should have keep quiet instead of spilling this trash with her mouth.
Anyway I loose respect 4 d El Rufais d day she supported her son's rape case.
I wonder if she would have said this if any of her family members were among those killed

When her short dwarf governor was busy condemning GEJ was he part of d govt?
When Chibok girls were kidnapped d whole world condemned d act, maybe the whole world including Obama wife were part of Nigerian govt.
No wonder EREWA women never condemned boko haram attack cos to them they are not part of govt.

God please never allow me to marry an unintelligent woman

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hadiza El-Rufai: I'm Married To A Governor; I'm Not Part Of Government by JAMO84: 4:39am On May 29, 2020
When the people of Birnin Gwari were being killed, she didn't say anything about it and nobody dragged her. Now that the unfortunate killings has happened in southern Kaduna, they now want her to start talking because the people killed were Christian.

Hadiza Isma El Rufai is not the Governor or President. She did not have an opinion when thousands of Muslims were being killed, she also does not have an opinion when Christians are being killed. That doesn't mean she doesn't care, but she just doesn't comment on such sensitive issues publicly!!!

I AM DONE TALKING

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Hadiza El-Rufai: I'm Married To A Governor; I'm Not Part Of Government by MetaPhysical: 4:51am On May 29, 2020
JAMO84:
When the people of Birnin Gwari were being killed, she didn't say anything about it and nobody dragged her. Now that the unfortunate killings has happened in southern Kaduna, they now want her to start talking because the people killed were Christian.

Hadiza Isma El Rufai is not the Governor or President. She did not have an opinion when thousands of Muslims were being killed, she also does not have an opinion when Christians are being killed. That doesn't mean she doesn't care, but she just doesn't comment on such sensitive issues publicly!!!

I AM DONE TALKING

Even if you people are uncivilized up there are you also blind and deaf? Do you not see how things are done around the globe when a tragedy like this happen? She is indeed in government....she is just too illiterate to understand what "government" is.

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Hadiza El-Rufai: I'm Married To A Governor; I'm Not Part Of Government by MetaPhysical: 4:53am On May 29, 2020
Fasindo:
shocked

The deepest part of hell is reserved for those who keep quiet in time of moral crises.... Dan Brown

This is the worst excuse I have ever heard since I was born. So one need to be in govt b4 condemning an evil being done in d society.
She should have keep quiet instead of spilling this trash with her mouth.
Anyway I loose respect 4 d El Rufais d day she supported her son's rape case.
I wonder if she would have said this if any of her family members were among those killed

When her short dwarf governor was busy condemning GEJ was he part of d govt?
When Chibok girls were kidnapped d whole world condemned d act, maybe the whole world including Obama wife were part of Nigerian govt.
No wonder EREWA women never condemned boko haram attack cos to them they are not part of govt.

God please never allow me to marry an unintelligent woman
Re: Hadiza El-Rufai: I'm Married To A Governor; I'm Not Part Of Government by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:01am On May 29, 2020
'Did any of you see “First Lady” in my bio? My TL is for language, humour and other light-hearted issues. I don’t tweet about serious matters like governance and politics. Though I’m married to a governor I’m not a part of government. I swore no oath.''she tweeted
How we wish every woman is just like OUR DARLING MOMMY.
The mother of the nation.
A woman that says the truth without minding whose ox is gored!
A woman of virtue.
A woman blessed among millions.
God bless you Hajia Aisha!
Nuff said!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hadiza El-Rufai: I'm Married To A Governor; I'm Not Part Of Government by braveboy64(m): 5:01am On May 29, 2020
They elected her husband and not her

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hadiza El-Rufai: I'm Married To A Governor; I'm Not Part Of Government by landforeast(m): 5:02am On May 29, 2020
Ok
Re: Hadiza El-Rufai: I'm Married To A Governor; I'm Not Part Of Government by monaPhilz: 5:02am On May 29, 2020
Her choice.. Who can teach me how to make gains buying giftcards?
Re: Hadiza El-Rufai: I'm Married To A Governor; I'm Not Part Of Government by kamez(m): 5:03am On May 29, 2020
this woman is a daft sha....

she sure has PA's, Security, domestic staff and a host of other luxuries that she enjoys as a governors wife, and all these are funded by the government....

just admit that u are a jihadist like ur husband

12 Likes

Re: Hadiza El-Rufai: I'm Married To A Governor; I'm Not Part Of Government by danmorghan11: 5:05am On May 29, 2020
One or more of this foreign used systems could be yours

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hadiza El-Rufai: I'm Married To A Governor; I'm Not Part Of Government by sisisioge: 5:06am On May 29, 2020
But she lives in govt house, get govt protocol and spend govt money...yet the people that formed the govt do not concern her. Whew!

19 Likes

Re: Hadiza El-Rufai: I'm Married To A Governor; I'm Not Part Of Government by mctfopt: 5:07am On May 29, 2020
Ok. I guess she thrives off controversies.

1 Like

Re: Hadiza El-Rufai: I'm Married To A Governor; I'm Not Part Of Government by Exc2000: 5:08am On May 29, 2020
so tweeting about death is what humanity has reduced to right? tweeter online protest by twitter warior.. go and see your mates at minneapolis US protesting off twitter than you would let Hadiza be and act as a human you claim to be and enter the street for a protest

Scream:
So her "not being in government" has taken away her humanity?

People of goodwill should be concerned about the death of fellow citizens in the hands of criminals, you don't have to be an official of the government. Are we in US government for us to be concerned about the death of George Floyd in America?

She should be educated that we practice Democracy and the simplest definition is government of the people, by the and for the people? Is she not part of the people?

Also, the office of the First Lady doesn't exist in our constitution...whether she accepts it or not doesn't make her an official of the government.

3 Likes

Re: Hadiza El-Rufai: I'm Married To A Governor; I'm Not Part Of Government by Wyloutproperty: 5:08am On May 29, 2020
Fasindo:
shocked

Quote is by Dante, Dan Brown referenced it.

4 Likes

Re: Hadiza El-Rufai: I'm Married To A Governor; I'm Not Part Of Government by XOGBADO(m): 5:08am On May 29, 2020
That was heartless of you ma'am

1 Like

Re: Hadiza El-Rufai: I'm Married To A Governor; I'm Not Part Of Government by Exc2000: 5:10am On May 29, 2020

Twitter users, especially PDP lossers are running mad.... only an hypocrite and monafiq like Aisha Buhari, and Sanusi Lamido would tweet and protest on social media even when they have the personal contacts to the President commander in cheif, the number of COAS, and IGP

This is the kind of mentality that makes fools transfer aggression to innocent people, so because your neighbor is married to a UBA banker , you must insult her when UBA deducts your fund, or force her to protest on your behalf because her husband works for UBA even if he has no power over the branch you have issues with

4 Likes

Re: Hadiza El-Rufai: I'm Married To A Governor; I'm Not Part Of Government by JAMO84: 5:10am On May 29, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Even if you people are uncivilized up there are you also blind and deaf? Do you not see how things are done around the globe when a tragedy like this happen? She is indeed in government....she is just too illiterate to understand what "government" is.
Illiterate! That lady has PhD. I follow her on Twitter, she's one of the most educated women in this country.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hadiza El-Rufai: I'm Married To A Governor; I'm Not Part Of Government by lordatkinson07(m): 5:12am On May 29, 2020
Sincerely, this is a two edges sword.
On one hand, she is right. She swore no oath, thus, she is not part of government.

On the other hand, she is collecting money from the country resources as 1st lady, having an office to herself, using the country security men freely, enjoying tax payers' money. Yet, claiming not to be part of government.

This is a typical example of owo � epo

Hmmmmmmm

Akamara! Aiye toto

What a wicked Woman-being

2 Likes

Re: Hadiza El-Rufai: I'm Married To A Governor; I'm Not Part Of Government by MetaPhysical: 5:16am On May 29, 2020
JAMO84:
Illiterate! That lady has PhD. I follow her on Twitter, she's one of the most educated women in this country.

You guys use "one of the most" wrongly.

If Hadiza, with her buy one get half off phd is one of the most educated, it has to be within a pool of educated women in the North. Definitely not in Nigeria!

She can be educated and still be an illiterate. For sure she is.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hadiza El-Rufai: I'm Married To A Governor; I'm Not Part Of Government by Exc2000: 5:16am On May 29, 2020
MetaPhysical:

you that you are civilised you dont even know what literacy means (ability to read and write) if a PhD holder cant read or write, did she get her degrees oraly and through stories and folklores , if anything happens at your spouse office, within the jurisdiction of where your spouse has power and influence the first thing you would do as an hypocrite is to tweet about it right?

no wonder twitter fake protesters and activist take you people for a ride, and Kanu even made a career off it

Governance and Seciurity is not what you tweet about, State Governors have no command on seciurity apparatus, only the president and the delegates does... victimising other peoples family because of where their husbands or father works is nothing but an act of bullying

6 Likes

Re: Hadiza El-Rufai: I'm Married To A Governor; I'm Not Part Of Government by pahoehoe: 5:20am On May 29, 2020
The first lady has said the gospel truth. She is not part of his husbands government. She is not under any oath. I am certain that you will like it when you start making over N2M per plot from Ibeju Lekki estates. For details on how you will go about it, click on the links on my signature.
Re: Hadiza El-Rufai: I'm Married To A Governor; I'm Not Part Of Government by ursullalinda(f): 5:21am On May 29, 2020
This woman is the most insensitive human being I have ever seen.......the mere fact that you are from Nigeria not to talk of the first lady of a state should make a concerned about that state......I don't blame her......her own is to chop and clean mouth.

3 Likes

Re: Hadiza El-Rufai: I'm Married To A Governor; I'm Not Part Of Government by Nobody: 5:22am On May 29, 2020
Okay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pregnant Boko Haram Victim Keeps Her Baby Despite Rejections From People: Pics / Kindness Okpe, 22-Year-Old SSA To Obaseki, The Edo State Governor (Photos) / Jonathan Hosts His Old Classmates To A Dinner At The Presidential Villa (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.