Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,066 members, 7,849,313 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 06:24 PM

Who is Pastor Oyedepo paying his tithe and tax to - Micheal A Adeniyi - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who is Pastor Oyedepo paying his tithe and tax to - Micheal A Adeniyi (4098 Views)

Pastor Oyedepo Opens His Mega Real Estate Housing Project (Photos) / Pastor Adeboye: "Anyone Not Paying His Tithe Won't Go To Heaven" - Freeze Reacts / Daddy Freeze Reacts As Apostle Suleman Increases His Tithe From 10% To 30% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who is Pastor Oyedepo paying his tithe and tax to - Micheal A Adeniyi by Kobojunkie: 5:27am On Jul 19, 2020
HeavenlyHolines:
The bible is a spiritual book so you don't read it as a textbook and you compare scriptures with scriptures. God gave the Israelites laws at that time because of the hardness of their heart and because God knows their heart that they love doing their will also in the case of marriage and divorce but in the news testament, we live by Grace where we don't for ourselves but for Christ because as he becomes Lord and Master,he own us by creation and by redemption. It's the duty of the church to take care of their pastor through tithe and also for the furtherance of the gospel. As new testament Christian, we follow the pattern of Christ who gave his all for the gospel sake. Like I said earlier, we don't only give money (tithe, offerings etc) but we give our all for the expansion of the gospel. I hope this will help.
1 Chronicles 29:6 Then the chief of the fathers and princes of the tribes of Israel, and the captains of thousands and of hundreds, with the rulers of the king's work, offered willingly, 29:7 And gave for the service of the house of God of gold five thousand talents and ten thousand drams, and of silver ten thousand talents, and of brass eighteen thousand talents, and one hundred thousand talents of iron.
29:8 And they with whom precious stones were found gave them to the treasure of the house of the LORD, by the hand of Jehiel the Gershonite.
29:9 Then the people rejoiced, for that they offered willingly, because with perfect heart they offered willingly to the LORD: and David the king also rejoiced with great joy.
2 Corinthians 8:1 Moreover, brethren, we do you to wit of the grace of God bestowed on the churches of Macedonia;
8:2 How that in a great trial of affliction the abundance of their joy and their deep poverty abounded unto the riches of their liberality.
8:3 For to their power, I bear record, yea, and beyond their power they were willing of themselves;
8:4 Praying us with much intreaty that we would receive the gift, and take upon us the fellowship of the ministering to the saints.
8:5 And this they did, not as we hoped, but first gave their own selves to the Lord, and unto us by the will of God. So if you don't have grace,u can give.
Imagine as a Christian that you claim and there is a need in the church and you can't give?
You claim to be a Christian and you must wait for them to announce money before you give?
You claim to be a Christian and all you know is give me,give me Lord and you can't sacrifice for God and his kingdom? I wonder the kind of Christianity we are practising. Shalom

Below is the tithing law as defined in the Old Covenant... This is the law.... all pieced together, and the word of God commanding you to obey His commandment. Tell us what aspects you have obeyed in your years as a tither

Leviticus 27 vs 30-34 ERV
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
30. “Every tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land or of the fruit of the trees, is the Lord's; it is holy to the Lord.
31. If a man wishes to redeem some of his tithe, he shall add a fifth to it.
32. And every tithe of herds and flocks, every tenth animal of all that pass under the herdsman's staff, shall be holy to the Lord.
33. One shall not differentiate between good or bad, neither shall he make a substitute for it; and if he does substitute for it, then both it and the substitute shall be holy; it shall not be redeemed.”
34. These are the commandments that the Lord commanded Moses for the people of Israel on Mount Sinai.

This is what God told you to do with the Tithe He commanded of you.

Numbers 18 vs 25-29 ERV
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
25. The Lord said to Moses,
26. Speak to the Levites and tell them: The Israelites will give one-tenth of everything they own to the Lord. That one-tenth will belong to the Levites. But you must give one-tenth of that to the Lord as your offering.
27. That tenth will be your offering to the Lord. It will be like grain from your own threshing floor or wine from your own winepress.
28. In this way you will also give an offering to the Lord just as the other Israelites do. You will get the one-tenth that the Israelites give to the Lord, and then you will give one-tenth of that to Aaron the priest.
29. When the Israelites give you one-tenth of everything that they own, then you must give the best and the holiest part of these things as your gift to the Lord.

Deuteronomy 14 vs 22 -29 ERV
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
22 Every year you must be sure to save one-tenth(tithe) of all the crops that grow in your fields.
23 Then you must go to the place the Lord chooses to be the home for his name. You will go there to be with the Lord your God.
At that place you will eat the tenth(tithe) of your crops; one-tenth of your grain, your new wine, your oil, and the first animals born
in your herds and flocks. In this way you will always remember to respect the Lord your God.

24 But that place might be too far for you to travel to. Maybe you will not be able to carry one-tenth(tithe) of all the crops that the
Lord has blessed you with. If that happens,
25 sell that part of your crops and take the money with you to the special place the Lord has chosen.
26 Use the money to buy anything you want; cattle, sheep, wine or beer or any other food Then
you and your family should eat and enjoy yourselves there in that place with the Lord your God.

27 But don't forget the Levites living in your town. Share your food with them because they don't have a share of the land like you
have.
28 At the end of every three years, you must gather one-tenth of your harvest for that year. Store this food in your towns.
29 Keep this food for the Levites, because they don't have any land of their own. Also keep this food for the foreigners, orphans, and
widows who live in your towns. This will provide enough for them to come and eat all they want. If you do this, the Lord your God
will bless you in everything you do.

Deuteronomy 26 vs 12 - 15 ERV
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12. Every third year is the Year of Tithes. In that year, you must give one-tenth of your harvest to the Levites, to the foreigners living in your country, and to the widows and orphans. Then they will have plenty to eat in every city.
13. You must say to the Lord your God, " I have taken out of my house the holy part of my harvest. I have given it to the Levites, to the foreigners, and to the orphans and widows. I have followed all the commands you gave me. I have not refused to obey any of your commands. I have not forgotten them.
14. I have not eaten this food when I was sad.[c] I was not unclean when I collected this food.[d] I have not offered any of this food for dead people. I have obeyed you, Lord my God. I have done everything you commanded me.
15. Look down from your holy home, from heaven, and bless your people Israel. And bless the land that you gave us. You promised our ancestors to give us this land: a land filled with many good things."

Remember what God said about His commandment and what blessings and curses come to those who obey OR disobey His commandments as Stipulated.

Deuteronomy 30 vs 15-20
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
15. Today I have given you a choice between life and death, success and disaster.
16. I command you today to love the Lord your God. I command you to follow him and to obey his commands, laws, and rules. Then you will live, and your nation will grow larger. And the Lord your God will bless you in the land that you are entering to take for your own.
17. But if you turn away from your God and refuse to listen, if you are led away to worship and serve other gods,
18. you will be destroyed. I am warning you today, if you turn away from God, you will not live long in that land across the Jordan River that you are ready to enter and take for your own.

Jeremiah 7 vs 21- 23
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
21 This is what the Lord All-Powerful, the God of Israel, says: Go and offer as many burnt offerings and sacrifices as you want. Eat the meat of those sacrifices yourselves.
22 I brought your ancestors out of Egypt. I spoke to them, but I did not give them any commands about burnt offerings and sacrifices.
23 I only gave them this command ,"Obey me and I will be your God, and you will be my people. Do all that I command, and good things will happen to you."
Abeg make people hear word o'jare~!
Re: Who is Pastor Oyedepo paying his tithe and tax to - Micheal A Adeniyi by emmy512: 6:29am On Jul 19, 2020
I have a question please,
For some reasons i haven't been a church person since i was 12, and i also believe that givers never lack and we should give to the glory of the one above.
I have never paid any tithe in any church but i have given a lot to people i see that are in need, it may be a freind in need, a stranger i see, handicapped and i release from 100 to 500 depending on what i have and this happens like 5 times a week.
So can it be counted as tithe? Cos i i feel instead of paying it to church why not pay it to people that need directly.
Tell me if I'm wrong n help differentiate
Re: Who is Pastor Oyedepo paying his tithe and tax to - Micheal A Adeniyi by Nobody: 7:06am On Jul 19, 2020
clintz:

Stop using that scripture to back up their illicit business of collecting tithe. Go and read Deuteronomy 14 and see what the tithe means and how it should be done

Cornelius was praying with earnest hope seeking an urgent attention, and Holy Spirit of God spoke to him.. I want you to do the same "if" you have the Spirit of God because it is written "ask and it shall be given," "God is not the author of confusion but of peace," "the peace of God surpasses all human understanding."

Any confusion such as arguments, debates, opinions, problems has an answer from God because it is written "let God be true, every man a liar."

Holy Spirit is real, so have time with Him, and He'll tell and reveal many things to you. His answer brings peace and confusion will depart.
Re: Who is Pastor Oyedepo paying his tithe and tax to - Micheal A Adeniyi by desiredhome: 7:16am On Jul 19, 2020
Righteousness89:
The Question does not make any Sense!

The Fact , some of you feel the Servant of God is laying Curse on you for not paying your tithe!

The Servant only brought to the open what the Holy Bible says!

If the Man of God Does not pay tithes, the gen the same curse will also apply to Him..

Nonsense, trash
Re: Who is Pastor Oyedepo paying his tithe and tax to - Micheal A Adeniyi by desiredhome: 7:31am On Jul 19, 2020
sapientia:

Shut up

It makes every sense

which servant of God?

A thief cannot be a servant of God

Oyedepo is the voice of Jacob and the hands of Esau

I dont blame you because you are a victim

I only feel pity for your delusion

But weep not, there is hope still, Genesis 27 vs 40

"You will live by the sword and you will serve your brother. But when you grow restless, you will throw his yoke from off your neck"

So i pray that one day, you will break the shackles of fear that they have used to bound you people and start reading the Bible to understand.

ANYONE WHO ASK YOU TO PAY TITHE IS NOTHING BUT A THIEF

Not just tithe.....these conmen are never satisfied
Tithe
First fruit offerings
Shiloh sacrifice
Multiple service offering
Building offering
Prophet offering
Department dues
prophetic offering
Covenant of this and that offerings
and so many .....

All for one person and they keep threatening their guelible members with curses if they default...

Today they builld world class universities and primary schools, hospitals, estates etc that the people sacrificing/bringing the money can't afford....
What other way can you describe wickedness?

Yet many people are being blinded,......why won't Nigeria be poverty capital with these mentality?

Wolf in sheep clothing......
Re: Who is Pastor Oyedepo paying his tithe and tax to - Micheal A Adeniyi by phemmyfour: 7:55am On Jul 19, 2020
Righteousness89:

My Brother, let's Forget about what he has built or what he is building!

Everyone would give Account of Himself to God..

The statement he made is just what the Bible says..

The Matter of Tithing should not be an issue for anyone who claims to be Born again..

Tithing is not a Requisite to Make Heaven, As Accepting and Believing JESUS is what gives one Salvation, but a Believer who Conciously Refuses to pay Tithe may not Make Heaven...

To Him that knoweth to do good and doeth it not, to Him it is Sin..

Let's leave Men and Obey the Bible..
Jesus think otherwise

Matthew 23:23 ESV /

“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you tithe mint and dill and cumin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faithfulness. These you ought to have done, without neglecting the others
Re: Who is Pastor Oyedepo paying his tithe and tax to - Micheal A Adeniyi by adekolaelect(m): 7:57am On Jul 19, 2020
RuddyFusion:

All things belongs to God....we will always have the poor and needy with us till the end of time
thank you sir that is the Truth of life but it is abnormal for poors or needy to be contributing their limited resources to the riches in the name of brainwashed of religion.even in the old ages of the past it is Quoted in the all religious books not only Christianity ; that the Riches should give their wealth to the needy not vice Verser of what is happening now. Even culture recommended riches to give needy not for poors to build wealth for riches in the name of Religion .

1 Like

Re: Who is Pastor Oyedepo paying his tithe and tax to - Micheal A Adeniyi by desiredhome: 8:10am On Jul 19, 2020
emmy512:
For some reasons i haven't been a church person since i was 12, and i also believe that givers never lack and we should give to the glory of the one above.
I have never paid any tithe in any church but i have given a lot to people i see that are in need, it may be a freind in need, a stranger i see, handicapped and i release from 100 to 500 depending on what i have and this happens like 5 times a week.
So can it be counted as tithe? Cos i i feel instead of paying it to church why not pay it to people that need directly.

The Bible says bring ye to the house that there may be meat in the house....
The house of God is supposed to be a place of comfort, caring, etc

Today instead using the tithe for the real purpose, they allowed greed to control them.....
They are busy building bricks while the real Church are hungry and poor,
Imagine if the schools they use these fund to build are subsidized to the level their members can afford, the stress and poverty would be reduced.....
So why still give your money to these people that careless about you?
Re: Who is Pastor Oyedepo paying his tithe and tax to - Micheal A Adeniyi by sapientia(m): 9:37am On Jul 19, 2020
desiredhome:

Not just tithe.....these conmen are never satisfied
Tithe
First fruit offerings
Shiloh sacrifice
Multiple service offering
Building offering
Prophet offering
Department dues
prophetic offering
Covenant of this and that offerings
and so many .....

All for one person and they keep threatening their guelible members with curses if they default...

Today they builld world class universities and primary schools, hospitals, estates etc that the people sacrificing/bringing the money can't afford....
What other way can you describe wickedness?

Yet many people are being blinded,......why won't Nigeria be poverty capital with these mentality?

Wolf in sheep clothing......

So glad to see someone who understands this.

I wonder why they packed old testaments laws to use to receive grace that comes with accepting Jesus by faith which is free.

How can one be co-heir with Christ and still struggle under the old laws to tap from his own shares of the riches in glory?

I don't have any respect for anyone that twists the Bible for personal gain.

1 Like

Re: Who is Pastor Oyedepo paying his tithe and tax to - Micheal A Adeniyi by nanakgh(m): 10:06am On Jul 19, 2020
Lorenzop:

I respect your comments alot but the aboveve is absolute trash. I refuse to be moved by the crap Oyedepo keep spewing in the name of tithe, pastors have bastardized tithe, as far as I know the greatest tithe is giving to the needy not paying to some man somewhere who feeds fat on it while his followers go hungry.

I have no doubt Oyedepo is a great man but let's look at this objectively. He has built schools, hospitals and lots of employment generating ventures...good. The schools he built can you say his members can afford the tuition?....these are members who pays tithe o....I can go on and on.... We black people have taken religion to a whole new level even more than the white people who introduced it to us. While Jesus our savior walked the face of the Earth, I have never seen anywhere in the Bible where He(Jesus) or his disciples had any possession of theirs. It has always been about living for the next person. Can we say the same for today's men of God... absolutely no. From my keen observation, the preaching of all these guys has always been about prosperity. Can you recommend a single man of God that preach mostly about salvation coz these are perilous times. We need the true and undiluted word of God to be fed to our souls. I personally yearn for such, I don't need prosperity gospel, God has already made me a firm promise to bless the works of my hands. Let these guys preach salvation. So many ills in the society

Short and succinct. Brilliant
Re: Who is Pastor Oyedepo paying his tithe and tax to - Micheal A Adeniyi by desiredhome: 10:15am On Jul 19, 2020
sapientia:

So glad to see someone who understands this.

I wonder why they packed old testaments laws to use to receive grace that comes with accepting Jesus by faith which is free.

How can one be co-heir with Christ and still struggle under the old laws to tap from his own shares of the riches in glory?

I don't have any respect for anyone that twists the Bible for personal gain.

My brother, no body can hide the Truth, tell them the truth, they will hate you...... Even when the truth is claring before them......
Africa is poor and that is why these conmen (wolf in sheep's clothing) are preying on them......

The consequences are what we are seeing in our society today......

Lack of love
High level of poverty and greed
Increase in crime and corruption
Inpatient
Covetousness
All manners of evil without conscience
Etc

These people are worst than the devil...
Re: Who is Pastor Oyedepo paying his tithe and tax to - Micheal A Adeniyi by Peacefullove: 10:32am On Jul 19, 2020
Wolgrace:
Inviting trouble into his peaceful dome when there is none is the foolish thing to do against God. A tithe payer who is at peace with God is asking servant of God who he pays his tithe to is looking for God's trouble upon himself.

Pay your tithe peacefully and mind your business. You don't need to tell the world that you pay tithe to him neither does he need to tell us who he pays his tithe to..

God's instruction is bring your tithe to his storehouse known as church's treasury. God is the only one who knows the amount paid.

Know for sure that having thought of paying tithe to a man of God is a robbery mentality. It grieves God.

Keep shut there ... He asked a logical question.

Matthew 7:7 says ASK .

In the same Bible the Beroans were commended for making enquiries.
Re: Who is Pastor Oyedepo paying his tithe and tax to - Micheal A Adeniyi by Blackpearlous(f): 10:37am On Jul 19, 2020
Lorenzop:

I respect your comments alot but the aboveve is absolute trash. I refuse to be moved by the crap Oyedepo keep spewing in the name of tithe, pastors have bastardized tithe, as far as I know the greatest tithe is giving to the needy not paying to some man somewhere who feeds fat on it while his followers go hungry.

I have no doubt Oyedepo is a great man but let's look at this objectively. He has built schools, hospitals and lots of employment generating ventures...good. The schools he built can you say his members can afford the tuition?....these are members who pays tithe o....I can go on and on.... We black people have taken religion to a whole new level even more than the white people who introduced it to us. While Jesus our savior walked the face of the Earth, I have never seen anywhere in the Bible where He(Jesus) or his disciples had any possession of theirs. It has always been about living for the next person. Can we say the same for today's men of God... absolutely no. From my keen observation, the preaching of all these guys has always been about prosperity. Can you recommend a single man of God that preach mostly about salvation coz these are perilous times. We need the true and undiluted word of God to be fed to our souls. I personally yearn for such, I don't need prosperity gospel, God has already made me a firm promise to bless the works of my hands. Let these guys preach salvation. So many ills in the society

Pastor Chris segun onayinka- salvation
Re: Who is Pastor Oyedepo paying his tithe and tax to - Micheal A Adeniyi by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 19, 2020
Peacefullove:

Keep shut there ... He asked a logical question.

Matthew 7:7 says ASK .

In the same Bible the Beroans were commended for making enquiries.

Logical reasoning is a carnal and faithless mindset.

Question: Who asked Michael A. Adeniyi to tell us whom he pay his tithe to?? Whom does he think he pays his tithe to?

All this greedy and grudge-giving mentality with lip service to God while heart is far from Him.

Brother, I pay my tithe to God, and He has channel His church chosen leaders on earth how His treasury (storehouse) should be spent to expand the kingdom activities on earth. It's none of my business to ask any man because it is a duty. It's not a man of God who blesses me as a tithe payer but God.

The bishop needs not to tell us whom he pay his tithe to neither do we as believers too, he knows the duty too. Pay your own vow (tithe) to God and keep quiet while minding your business.
Re: Who is Pastor Oyedepo paying his tithe and tax to - Micheal A Adeniyi by HeavenlyHolines(m): 11:48am On Jul 19, 2020
I guess the pastor is quoting from Malachi 3:8-12. My dear, tithe is very important to the church just like Malachi 3:10 said. 1 Corinthians 16:1 Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye.
16:2 Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.
which is one tenth of your income. In the new testament, it's called different name like collection, giving etc. I wouldn't force you because heaven is a personal race. My conviction is quite different from yours. So if I get to heaven and they say tithe is not compulsory, it will hinder me and vice versa. Shalom
seunmsg:

I read your bible extract and couldn’t reconcile how it supports tithing.

If your argument is about giving willfully, nobody will argue with you because Jesus and his disciples preached about giving unequivocally. The same thing cannot be said about tithe. Jesus never preached unequivocally about tithe and neither did any of his disciples. Even in the days of the law, tithe was not referred to as a weighty or serious matter. It was just a social security arrangement to support the vulnerable. Good enough, it had been abolished with the law.

So bro, stop trying to muddle things up. Compulsory tithing laced with curses that Oyedepo and other charlatans are preaching is not the same as free will giving.
Re: Who is Pastor Oyedepo paying his tithe and tax to - Micheal A Adeniyi by HeavenlyHolines(m): 11:49am On Jul 19, 2020
Heaven is a personal race and my conviction is different from yours. If you like give and if you don't like don't give. When we get to heaven,we will understand better. I wouldn't argue with you
Kobojunkie:

Below is the tithing law as defined in the Old Covenant... This is the law.... all pieced together, and the word of God commanding you to obey His commandment. Tell us what aspects you have obeyed in your years as a tither

Remember what God said about His commandment and what blessings and curses come to those who obey OR disobey His commandments as Stipulated.

Abeg make people hear word o'jare~!
Re: Who is Pastor Oyedepo paying his tithe and tax to - Micheal A Adeniyi by oluwaahmed: 1:19pm On Jul 19, 2020
Righteousness89:
The Question does not make any Sense!

The Fact , some of you feel the Servant of God is laying Curse on you for not paying your tithe!

The Servant only brought to the open what the Holy Bible says!

If the Man of God Does not pay tithes, the same curse will also apply to Him..

Only a false prophet basis his teaching(or emphasizes strictly)on financial prosperity rather than salvation and knowledge of the kingdom of God. Even you on the platform only preach about being saved by christ how much more a pastor with global audience. If you decide to operate under the law, then you can as well offer burnt offering for sin and so on. God categorically states that Israel should pay tithes to the levites. We are gentiles and only Lucky to be in Gods presence because of Jesus. It is a sin to twist scriptures to suit your needs. Pastors are not levites, they are gentiles and thius cannot offer sacrifices or pay tithes at the temple because our body is the temple of the holy spirit and jesus became a priest in the order of melchizedek.
Re: Who is Pastor Oyedepo paying his tithe and tax to - Micheal A Adeniyi by orunto27: 2:02pm On Jul 19, 2020
Oyedepo pays Tax to Government and Tithes his CHURCH. Give to Caeser what is Caeser and to God what is God.
Re: Who is Pastor Oyedepo paying his tithe and tax to - Micheal A Adeniyi by Kobojunkie: 2:51pm On Jul 19, 2020
HeavenlyHolines:
Heaven is a personal race and my conviction is different from yours. If you like give and if you don't like don't give. When we get to heaven,we will understand better. I wouldn't argue with you
the choice on whether to choose heaven is personal but the Truth is not. You don't get to make up your own truth as far as God is concern. His word is the Truth and anything less is a lie.

If you want to enter into His Kingdom, you have to Obey his commandments- not the commandments, doctrines and traditions of men, but God's instructions.
If your so-called tithe is not according to God's rule, be sure to know that your worship of Him is worthless and the power of God has been nullified in your life by your choosing to serve the doctrines/teachings and traditions of men, over God's commandments. Jesus Christ made this warning known to us about 2000 years ago.

So if you still think you can wait till you get to heaven to flesh out the details of the truth of God, think again!
Re: Who is Pastor Oyedepo paying his tithe and tax to - Micheal A Adeniyi by Kobojunkie: 2:51pm On Jul 19, 2020
orunto27:
Oyedepo pays Tax to Government and Tithes his CHURCH. Give to Caeser what is Caeser and to God what is God.
what taxes?
Re: Who is Pastor Oyedepo paying his tithe and tax to - Micheal A Adeniyi by HeavenlyHolines(m): 3:17pm On Jul 19, 2020
So u feel tithe is man made or that giving one tenth of your income to the church is not biblical? I wonder if you are born again. Ask the holy spirit to guide you concerning tithe
Kobojunkie:
the choice on whether to choose heaven is personal but the Truth is not. You don't get to make up your own truth as far as God is concern. His word is the Truth and anything less is a lie.

If you want to enter into His Kingdom, you have to Obey his commandments- not the commandments, doctrines and traditions of men, but God's instructions.
If your so-called tithe is not according to God's rule, be sure to know that your worship of Him is worthless and the power of God has been nullified in your life by your choosing to serve the doctrines/teachings and traditions of men, over God's commandments. Jesus Christ made this warning known to us about 2000 years ago.

So if you still think you can wait till you get to heaven to flesh out the details of the truth of God, think again!
Re: Who is Pastor Oyedepo paying his tithe and tax to - Micheal A Adeniyi by Kobojunkie: 3:19pm On Jul 19, 2020
emmy512:
read what jesus said about those who will enter His kingdom in Matthew 25 vs 31-40 and then come back and tell us if you still believe tithing is of great importance
Re: Who is Pastor Oyedepo paying his tithe and tax to - Micheal A Adeniyi by Kobojunkie: 3:31pm On Jul 19, 2020
Wolgrace:

Cornelius was praying with earnest hope seeking an urgent attention, and Holy Spirit of God spoke to him.. I want you to do the same "if" you have the Spirit of God because it is written "ask and it shall be given," "God is not the author of confusion but of peace," "the peace of God surpasses all human understanding."

Any confusion such as arguments, debates, opinions, problems has an answer from God because it is written "let God be true, every man a liar."

Holy Spirit is real, so have time with Him, and He'll tell and reveal many things to you. His answer brings peace and confusion will depart.
but you are the one using scripture to attempt to weave lies into truths. Yes the spirit of God is real. And He is the Spirit of Truth too.

You know what the Spirit of Truth can not do? He cannot tell you anything that contradicts the commandments of God. You have read what God commands you to do as far as Tithing is concerned, are you saying that God lied then?
Re: Who is Pastor Oyedepo paying his tithe and tax to - Micheal A Adeniyi by Kobojunkie: 3:36pm On Jul 19, 2020
HeavenlyHolines:
So u feel tithe is man made or that giving one tenth of your income to the church is not biblical? I wonder if you are born again. Ask the holy spirit to guide you concerning tithe
I feel? What does it matter what I think or feel?

You read what God commanded, did you not? If what you practice today is not according to what God commanded, you have some serious questions to ask yourself about who you have been serving all this while, nor ask me what i feel?

If you believe what you do is according to God still, even after being presented evidence thatit is not then search to find where God contradicts His own law in that Bible. Find it for your soul's sake,please!
Re: Who is Pastor Oyedepo paying his tithe and tax to - Micheal A Adeniyi by HeavenlyHolines(m): 3:38pm On Jul 19, 2020
If you can't give one tenth of your income, can you give your all to God?
Kobojunkie:
I feel? What does it matter what I think or feel?

You read what God commanded, did you not? If what you practice today is not according to what God commanded, you have some serious questions to ask yourself about who you have been serving all this while, nor ask me what i fre
Re: Who is Pastor Oyedepo paying his tithe and tax to - Micheal A Adeniyi by Kobojunkie: 3:39pm On Jul 19, 2020
HeavenlyHolines:
If you can't give one tenth of your income, can you give your all to God?
oh, i give my all to God, my mind my body, my heart and soul in obedience to His commandments, not man's commandments .

You think giving your all. Means giving money alone?

Jesus said if you do not deny yourself and Carry your cross, you are not worthy of Him. He commands you give up everything, including your life, career, love, freedom ,will, etc.
Re: Who is Pastor Oyedepo paying his tithe and tax to - Micheal A Adeniyi by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 19, 2020
Kobojunkie:
but you are the one using scripture to attempt to weave lies into truths. Yes the spirit of God is real. And He is the Spirit of Truth too.

You know what the Spirit of Truth can not do? He cannot tell you anything that contradicts the commandments of God. You have read what God commands you to do as far as Tithing is concerned, are you saying that God lied then?

Did the old testament torah reveal to us how the heavenly kingdom activities on earth would be? Did it also reveal to us the prophetic revolution of the world in regards to governmental & parastatal authorities, education, economic system, monetary policy, science and techs, business, bilateral ties and policies, et al..? Bring your eyes, shoulders and knees down and read the major prophetic books of bible, and your eyes will be illuminately opened the more.

Jesus at the time of worldwide revolution taking place during Roman rule literally said "give what you give to government to God too." MONEY!
Re: Who is Pastor Oyedepo paying his tithe and tax to - Micheal A Adeniyi by HeavenlyHolines(m): 3:58pm On Jul 19, 2020
So is tithe man made doctrine?
Kobojunkie:
oh, i give my all to God, my mind my body, my heart and soul in obedience to His commandments, not man's commandments .

You think giving your all. Means giving money alone?

Jesus said if you do not deny yourself and Carry your cross, you are not worthy of Him. He commands you give up everything, including your life, career, love, freedom ,will, etc.
Re: Who is Pastor Oyedepo paying his tithe and tax to - Micheal A Adeniyi by Kobojunkie: 4:17pm On Jul 19, 2020
HeavenlyHolines:
So is tithe man made doctrine?
the tithe practiced in churches today is nothing but manmade doctrine because it is not the tithe that God commanded
Re: Who is Pastor Oyedepo paying his tithe and tax to - Micheal A Adeniyi by Kobojunkie: 4:19pm On Jul 19, 2020
Wolgrace:

Did the old testament torah reveal to us how the heavenly kingdom activities on earth would be? Did it also reveal to us the prophetic revolution of the world in regards to governmental & parastatal authorities, education, economic system, monetary policy, science and techs, business, bilateral ties and policies, et al..? Bring your eyes, shoulders and knees down and read the major prophetic books of bible, and your eyes will be illuminately opened the more.

Jesus at the time of worldwide revolution taking place during Roman rule literally said "give what you give to government to God too." MONEY!

Kingdom of Heaven is not even spoken of in the Torah! lipsrsealed
The idea of heaven did not exist in the old testament days
Re: Who is Pastor Oyedepo paying his tithe and tax to - Micheal A Adeniyi by HeavenlyHolines(m): 4:21pm On Jul 19, 2020
Hahaha oya explain Malachi 3:8-12 for me. Maybe I don't understand that part well since some persons said tithe is to be eaten in the house of God and some said we should give it to the poor. So I need ur help
Kobojunkie:
the tithe practiced in churches today is nothing but manmade doctrine because it is not the tithe that God commanded
Re: Who is Pastor Oyedepo paying his tithe and tax to - Micheal A Adeniyi by Kobojunkie: 4:22pm On Jul 19, 2020
HeavenlyHolines:
Hahaha oya explain Malachi 3:8-12 for me. Maybe I don't understand that part well since some persons said tithe is to be eaten in the house of God and some said we should give it to the poor. So I need ur help
Take another look at the definition of God's tithing law.

Below is the tithing law as defined in the Old Covenant... This is the law.... all pieced together, and the word of God commanding you to obey His commandment. Tell us what aspect you have obeyed in your years as a tither

Leviticus 27 vs 30-34 ERV
30. “Every tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land or of the fruit of the trees, is the Lord's; it is holy to the Lord.
31. If a man wishes to redeem some of his tithe, he shall add a fifth to it.
32. And every tithe of herds and flocks, every tenth animal of all that pass under the herdsman's staff, shall be holy to the Lord.
33. One shall not differentiate between good or bad, neither shall he make a substitute for it; and if he does substitute for it, then both it and the substitute shall be holy; it shall not be redeemed.”
34. These are the commandments that the Lord commanded Moses for the people of Israel on Mount Sinai.

Numbers 18 vs 25-29 ERV
25. The Lord said to Moses,
26. Speak to the Levites and tell them: The Israelites will give one-tenth of everything they own to the Lord. That one-tenth will belong to the Levites. But you must give one-tenth of that to the Lord as your offering.
27. That tenth will be your offering to the Lord. It will be like grain from your own threshing floor or wine from your own winepress.
28. In this way you will also give an offering to the Lord just as the other Israelites do. You will get the one-tenth that the Israelites give to the Lord, and then you will give one-tenth of that to Aaron the priest.
29. When the Israelites give you one-tenth of everything that they own, then you must give the best and the holiest part of these things as your gift to the Lord.

Deuteronomy 14 vs 22 -29 ERV
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
22 Every year you must be sure to save one-tenth(tithe) of all the crops that grow in your fields.
23 Then you must go to the place the Lord chooses to be the home for his name. You will go there to be with the Lord your God.
At that place you will eat the tenth(tithe) of your crops; one-tenth of your grain, your new wine, your oil, and the first animals born
in your herds and flocks. In this way you will always remember to respect the Lord your God.

24 But that place might be too far for you to travel to. Maybe you will not be able to carry one-tenth(tithe) of all the crops that the
Lord has blessed you with. If that happens,
25 sell that part of your crops and take the money with you to the special place the Lord has chosen.
26 Use the money to buy anything you want; cattle, sheep, wine or beer or any other food Then
you and your family should eat and enjoy yourselves there in that place with the Lord your God.

27 But don't forget the Levites living in your town. Share your food with them because they don't have a share of the land like you
have.
28 At the end of every three years, you must gather one-tenth of your harvest for that year. Store this food in your towns.
29 Keep this food for the Levites, because they don't have any land of their own. Also keep this food for the foreigners, orphans, and
widows who live in your towns. This will provide enough for them to come and eat all they want. If you do this, the Lord your God
will bless you in everything you do.

Deuteronomy 26 vs 12 - 15 ERV
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12. Every third year is the Year of Tithes. In that year, you must give one-tenth of your harvest to the Levites, to the foreigners living in your country, and to the widows and orphans. Then they will have plenty to eat in every city.
13. You must say to the Lord your God, " I have taken out of my house the holy part of my harvest. I have given it to the Levites, to the foreigners, and to the orphans and widows. I have followed all the commands you gave me. I have not refused to obey any of your commands. I have not forgotten them.
14. I have not eaten this food when I was sad.[c] I was not unclean when I collected this food.[d] I have not offered any of this food for dead people. I have obeyed you, Lord my God. I have done everything you commanded me.
15. Look down from your holy home, from heaven, and bless your people Israel. And bless the land that you gave us. You promised our ancestors to give us this land: a land filled with many good things."

Deuteronomy 30 vs 15-20
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
15. Today I have given you a choice between life and death, success and disaster.
16. I command you today to love the Lord your God. I command you to follow him and to obey his commands, laws, and rules. Then you will live, and your nation will grow larger. And the Lord your God will bless you in the land that you are entering to take for your own.
17. But if you turn away from your God and refuse to listen, if you are led away to worship and serve other gods,
18. you will be destroyed. I am warning you today, if you turn away from God, you will not live long in that land across the Jordan River that you are ready to enter and take for your own.

Jeremiah 7 vs 21- 23
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
21 This is what the Lord All-Powerful, the God of Israel, says: Go and offer as many burnt offerings and sacrifices as you want. Eat the meat of those sacrifices yourselves.
22 I brought your ancestors out of Egypt. I spoke to them, but I did not give them any commands about burnt offerings and sacrifices.
23 I only gave them this command ,"Obey me and I will be your God, and you will be my people. Do all that I command, and good things will happen to you."

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Are You Smarter Than An Atheist? / Does Satan Have The Power To Control The Weather? / Lets Celebrate The King Of Kings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.