Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,497 members, 7,843,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

Support Nnamdi Petition On Biafra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Support Nnamdi Petition On Biafra (1418 Views)

Tinubu Moves To Block Atiku’s Fresh Petition On Chicago Records / Sue Tinubu With Evidence That He Rigged; Petition On Drug Won't Fly- Reno Omokri / Omokri’s Petition On Tinubu Breaks Record, 10,000 People Sign Petition In A Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Support Nnamdi Petition On Biafra by cocolacec(m): 8:51pm On Jul 19, 2020
Hej Biafrans,It is my pleasure to inform that a petition has been created on the Biafra agenda which will be discussed by the British Parliament if it get 100,000 or more signatures.

Support the sucession of Biafra from the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

We, the undersigned Indigenous peoples of Eastern Nigeria are demanding separation from Nigeria through a peaceful referendum as we have no religious, cultural similarities between them and the rest of the Nigerian state.The future of our children and land depends on our right to self determination.

We want the Government to support conducting a referendum and subsequent pull out from the federal republic of Nigeria.

Click this link to sign the petition:
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/332138/sponsors/new?token=qRwjypNRtv2HgayR3i8N

3 Likes

Re: Support Nnamdi Petition On Biafra by Goldp5988(f): 8:54pm On Jul 19, 2020
Its OK, na pass I dey pass oh.

1 Like

Re: Support Nnamdi Petition On Biafra by LegendAnselm: 8:59pm On Jul 19, 2020
Goldp5988:
Its OK, na pass I dey pass oh.
no road here.behave urself

1 Like

Re: Support Nnamdi Petition On Biafra by agulion: 9:36pm On Jul 19, 2020
Even yesterday two Yoruba men joined the Biafran agitation

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Support Nnamdi Petition On Biafra by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jul 19, 2020
agulion:
Even yesterday two Yoruba men joined the Biafran agitation
The day before yesterday, two Fulanis joined Biafra too

7 Likes

Re: Support Nnamdi Petition On Biafra by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:28pm On Jul 19, 2020
You're asking for just 100,000 signatures? Ask for a million and you'd get it!

8 Likes

Re: Support Nnamdi Petition On Biafra by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:33pm On Jul 19, 2020
Just added my own signature. Apparently, it's just for UK residents only.

2 Likes

Re: Support Nnamdi Petition On Biafra by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jul 19, 2020
Count I and my family out from IPOB/Kanu led Biafra. A leadership of illiterates, touts and never do wells.
When a new group is formed that understands diplomacy, I’ll have a change of heart.

8 Likes

Re: Support Nnamdi Petition On Biafra by PROUDIGBO(m): 10:45pm On Jul 19, 2020
UdechiHD:
Count I and my family out from IPOB/Kanu led of Biafra. A leadership of illiterates, touts and never do wells.
When a new group is formed that understands diplomacy, I’ll have a change of heart.

Stay there waiting for a 'new group that understands diplomacy' to be formed, while your ethnicity is being decimated by the day!

You think your 'one Nigeria' does diplomacy?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Support Nnamdi Petition On Biafra by Brooklynsouth(f): 11:00pm On Jul 19, 2020
UdechiHD:
Count I and my family out from IPOB/Kanu led of Biafra. A leadership of illiterates, touts and never do wells.
you are needed at amotekun

2 Likes

Re: Support Nnamdi Petition On Biafra by Brooklynsouth(f): 11:01pm On Jul 19, 2020
PROUDIGBO:

Stay there waiting for a 'new group that understands diplomacy' to be formed, while your ethnicity is being decimated by the day!

he is ewedu

3 Likes

Re: Support Nnamdi Petition On Biafra by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jul 19, 2020
Brooklynsouth:
he is ewedu
Yeah, another illiterate and worshipper of god Kanu. Lol! Ndi uchu.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Support Nnamdi Petition On Biafra by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jul 19, 2020
So quick to castigate your fellow tribesmen as outcasts because they don’t want to be lead by a brainless miscreant. It’s in you peoples blood, y’all will never change.

4 Likes

Re: Support Nnamdi Petition On Biafra by Emyogalanya: 6:54am On Jul 20, 2020
UdechiHD:
with all your diplomacy you couldn't form such a group before kanu , you let him beat you to it. And here you are ? And when massob was there how come you were no where too useless tri-pob man. Where is your re-pob ?

4 Likes

Re: Support Nnamdi Petition On Biafra by helinues: 6:59am On Jul 20, 2020
Biafra that South East Elites have been exchanged for pot of Isi ewu.. grin

4 Likes

Re: Support Nnamdi Petition On Biafra by Emyogalanya: 7:02am On Jul 20, 2020
UdechiHD:
uchu gbukwa gi. So why did you not join mobin? Have you even in the least become part of ohanaeze? Am so sure you even listen to kanu's broadcasts. Why not form ur own group

1 Like

Re: Support Nnamdi Petition On Biafra by Nobody: 7:40am On Jul 20, 2020
Emyogalanya:
uchu gbukwa gi. So why did you not join mobin? Have you even in the least become part of ohanaeze? Am so sure you even listen to kanu's broadcasts. Why not form ur own group

Is it by force to join a terrorist group called ipob?

Must every igbo be ipob?

Cherez ur attention is needed here.. See these guys castigating their fellow igbo man bcox he doesn't support ipob... Chaiiii

4 Likes

Re: Support Nnamdi Petition On Biafra by kingzizzy: 7:46am On Jul 20, 2020
PROUDIGBO:

Forget him, he thinks diplomacy works in Nigeria. He is on a long thing

1 Like

Re: Support Nnamdi Petition On Biafra by Trapping(m): 7:46am On Jul 20, 2020
Mumu People
Re: Support Nnamdi Petition On Biafra by Trapping(m): 7:47am On Jul 20, 2020
UdechiHD:

Idiots are better than them!

1 Like

Re: Support Nnamdi Petition On Biafra by Cherez: 8:34am On Jul 20, 2020
marriagebyigbo:

Must every igbo be ipob?

Cherez ur attention is needed here.. See these guys castigating their fellow igbo man bcox he doesn't support ipob... Chaiiii
I support freewill of which the guy you quoted is wrong and I'm also of the opinion that IPOB isn't a terrorist group.
What rationale makes IPOB a terrorist group? They're only asking for a state of their own, isn't that freewill too?
@Emyogalanya, people are entitled to their opinions, like I for one will never want an Nnamdi Kanu as a leader though all he predicted about somethings are true. NK needs to tone down his vituperations.
I want a better unified Nigeria (which I doubt) else balkanisation.
Re: Support Nnamdi Petition On Biafra by hollah123: 9:31am On Jul 20, 2020
Brooklynsouth:
he is ewedu
I wonder what your so called Biafra will look like,it's obvious I people don't want anything contrary to your opinion.Your fellow Igbo man made a comment I aren't satisfied with n u label him ewedu,d earlier the better u realise yorubas aren't your problem

1 Like

Re: Support Nnamdi Petition On Biafra by Tranquillity360: 9:33am On Jul 20, 2020
Boko haram and Amokekun terrorists don already full here.

Even those pretending to be Igbo.

2 Likes

Re: Support Nnamdi Petition On Biafra by Emyogalanya: 2:18pm On Jul 20, 2020
Cherez:
What rationale makes IPOB a terrorist group? They're only asking for a state of their own, isn't that freewill too? like I for one will never want an Nnamdi Kanu as a leader though all he predicted about somethings are true. NK needs to tone down
I want a better unified Nigeria (which I doubt)
You guys are getting ipob issues wrong. For the people its all about biafra and not about kanu, ipob and thier style. Whoever comes up with something towards it is welcome. Just study how it moved from ojukwu to uwazulike and to kanu. the following was from the grassroots and it was massive. Cos at various times these people stood out for the common idealogy of biafra. Any day kanu goes off and a better man comes on board we follow 100% for now ipob is on course. And the people believe him and i know even nigeria now takes him very serious so why should we not take him serious. Anyone who wishses ipob dead should come up with something better first for now its ipob

2 Likes

Re: Support Nnamdi Petition On Biafra by Rat66: 3:30pm On Jul 20, 2020
[s]
marriagebyigbo:

Must every igbo be ipob?

[/s]

1 Like

Re: Support Nnamdi Petition On Biafra by IamWonderful: 3:37pm On Jul 20, 2020
ooooooooh sorry I would have signed but is only for UK residents and citizens of UK, I want Biafra to come quickly

2 Likes

Re: Support Nnamdi Petition On Biafra by cocolacec(m): 4:31pm On Jul 20, 2020
IamWonderful:
ooooooooh sorry I would have signed but is only for UK residents and citizens of UK, I want Biafra to come quickly
send it to your brothers who are UK residents.
Re: Support Nnamdi Petition On Biafra by cocolacec(m): 2:10pm On Jul 23, 2020
How petitions work
You create a petition here on the UK Government and Parliament site. Only British citizens and UK residents can create a petition.
You get 5 people to support your petition. We’ll tell you how to do this when you’ve created your petition.
We check your petition, then publish it. We only reject petitions that don’t meet the standards for petitions.
British citizens and UK residents can then sign your petition — and can only sign a petition once.
The Petitions Committee reviews all petitions we publish. They select petitions of interest to find out more about the issues raised. They have the power to press for action from government or Parliament.
At 10,000 signatures your petition on the UK Government and Parliament site gets a response from the government.
At 100,000 signatures your petition on the UK Government and Parliament site will be considered for a debate in Parliament.
Debates
Petitions which reach 100,000 signatures are almost always debated. But we may decide not to put a petition forward for debate if the issue has already been debated recently or there’s a debate scheduled for the near future. If that’s the case, we’ll tell you how you can find out more about parliamentary debates on the issue raised by your petition.

MPs might consider your petition for a debate before it reaches 100,000 signatures.

We may contact you about the issue covered by your petition. For example, we sometimes invite people who create petitions to take part in a discussion with MPs or government ministers, or to give evidence to a select committee. We may also write to other people or organisations to ask them about the issue raised by your petition.

The Petitions Committee
The Petitions Committee can:
write to you for more information
invite you to talk to the Committee in person about your petition – this could be in Parliament or somewhere else in the UK
ask for evidence from the Government or other relevant people or organisations
press the government for action
ask another parliamentary committee to look into the topic raised by a petition
put forward a petition for debate
The Petitions Committee is set up by the House of Commons. It comprises up to 11 backbench Members of Parliament from Government and Opposition parties. The number of committee members from each political party is representative of the membership of the House of Commons as a whole.

Standards for petitions
Petitions must call for a specific action from the UK Government or the House of Commons.

Petitions must be about something that the Government or the House of Commons is responsible for.

Petitions can disagree with the Government and can ask for it to change its policies. Petitions can be critical of the UK Government or Parliament.

We reject petitions that don’t meet the rules. If we reject your petition, we’ll tell you why. If we can, we’ll suggest other ways you could raise your issue.

We’ll have to reject your petition if:

It calls for the same action as a petition that’s already open

It doesn’t ask for a clear action from the UK Government or the House of Commons

It’s about something the UK Government or House of Commons is not responsible for.

That includes: something that your local council is responsible for; something that another Government (such as the Scottish Government, the Welsh Government or the Northern Ireland Executive) is responsible for; and something that an independent organisation has done.

It calls for an action relating to a particular individual or organisation, outside of the UK Government or Parliament

It’s defamatory or libellous, or contains false or unproven statements

It refers to a case where there are active legal proceedings

It contains material that may be protected by an injunction or court order

It contains material that could be confidential or commercially sensitive

It could cause personal distress or loss. This includes petitions that could intrude into someone’s personal grief or shock without their consent.

It accuses an identifiable person or organisation of wrongdoing, such as committing a crime

It names individual officials of public bodies, unless they are senior managers

It names family members of elected representatives, eg MPs, or of officials of public bodies

It asks for someone to be given an honour, or have an honour taken away. You can nominate someone for an honour here: www.gov.uk/honours

It asks for someone to be given a job, or to lose their job. This includes petitions calling for someone to resign and petitions asking for a vote of no confidence in an individual Minister or the Government as a whole

It contains party political material

It’s nonsense or a joke

It’s an advert, spam, or promotes a specific product or service

It’s a Freedom of Information request

It contains swearing or other offensive language

It’s offensive or extreme in its views. That includes petitions that attack, criticise or negatively focus on an individual or a group of people because of characteristics such as their age, disability, ethnic origin, gender identity, medical condition, nationality, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation

We publish the text of petitions that we reject, as long as they’re not:

defamatory, libellous or illegal in another way;
making false or unproven statements;
about a case there are active legal proceedings or about something that a court has issued an injunction over;
about an individual person or organisation, outside of the UK Government and Parliament;
offensive or extreme;
confidential or likely to cause personal distress. That includes petitions that could intrude into someone’s personal grief or shock without their consent; or
a joke, an advert or nonsense.
Recall petitions
If an MP has been convicted of certain criminal offences or suspended from the House of Commons for at least 10 sitting days, they may be subject to a recall petition.

Petitions to recall Members of Parliament do not appear on this website and the Petitions Committee are not responsible for them. They are run locally, by the returning officer for your area, and have to be signed in person, by post or proxy. Your local authority will have issued a “notice of recall petition” on their website. This will tell you how and when you can sign the petition.

Find out more about recall petitions here.

If you have any other questions, please get in touch.

Petitions started on other websites
The Committee will only consider, and the Government is only obliged to respond to, petitions which people have started on the UK Government and Parliament petitions website. The Committee will not consider petitions hosted on external websites.
Re: Support Nnamdi Petition On Biafra by tutudesz: 2:16pm On Jul 23, 2020
Eastern people undecided this na Igbo people petition
Re: Support Nnamdi Petition On Biafra by plessis: 2:20pm On Jul 23, 2020
You want the British to give us Biafra?

So that they give you a devilish condition that puts you in perpetual slavery?

Una well done.
Re: Support Nnamdi Petition On Biafra by tutudesz: 2:22pm On Jul 23, 2020
Cherez:

I support freewill of which the guy you quoted is wrong and I'm also of the opinion that IPOB isn't a terrorist group.
What rationale makes IPOB a terrorist group? They're only asking for a state of their own, isn't that freewill too?
@Emyogalanya, people are entitled to their opinions, like I for one will never want an Nnamdi Kanu as a leader though all he predicted about somethings are true. NK needs to tone down his vituperations.
I want a better unified Nigeria (which I doubt) else balkanisation.
Adding other people against their will in Biafrans make them a terrorist group

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Is Just 16yrs & She Is Doing Stuff Her Mates Can't Do / Why Nigerians Should Ignore NLC/TUC call for Protest on October 1st! / Garrison Flyover As At Today 30th September 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.