Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,342 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

Northern Governors Pay Ayade Christmas Visit, Talk Up National Unity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Governors Pay Ayade Christmas Visit, Talk Up National Unity (19023 Views)

PDP Sets Up National Reconciliation Committee / Why We Set Up National Health Insurance Scheme – Obasanjo / Pdp Governors Pay Condolence Visit To Late Tony Anenih's Family In Abuja(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Northern Governors Pay Ayade Christmas Visit, Talk Up National Unity by offiong187: 10:21pm On Dec 25, 2021
In the spirit of national unity, governors Atiku Bagudu of Kebbi and Muhammad Badru Abubakar of Jigawa state, Saturday, paid their Cross River State counterpart, Professor Ben Ayade, Christmas visit.

Also in the entourage of the governors was former Jigawa governor, Seminu Turaki.

Speaking, Governor Bagudu described Ayade as a dear brother and colleague whose achievements were worthy of celebration.

According to him, “we came to felicitate with his Excellency, Governor Ben Ayade and the people of Cross River State, we are here to show respect to a very dear friend and colleague who has proved himself worthy of being respected.

“Despite the distance, we were desirous of coming to celebrate with him and show respect to him and the people of Cross River State and to celebrate his achievements.

“What has been happening in Cross River State is enough evidence that we have beacons of light across the land and that when we support them, greatness and prosperity will come.”

Further eulogising his Cross River counterpart, Bagudu said the Progressive Governors Forum which is the forum of governors of the All Progressives Congress, APC, holds him in high esteem. “We are here on a personal relationship with Governor Ayade. We respect him, we celebrate his achievements and particularly, all of us in the Progressive Governors’ Forum reckon with his achievements and we pray that he will continue to go higher and higher.”

The Kebbi State governor enjoined Nigerians to work towards building a country that holds a bright future for all.

“We have a great country, we should enjoy ourselves, we should work for a country of our future, our children and our great grandchildren. It is what President Buhari had been doing.

“We would work hard to overcome all challenges so that Nigeria can be greater so that it can take its rightful place among the comity of nations,” the Kebbi State governor said.

Responding, Governor Ayade said he was delighted to receive his colleagues from the North, describing their visit as good for the unity of Nigeria.

His words:”This is why APC is a perfect example for the unity of this country. Here you have my brothers from the North coming to celebrate Christmas with us in Cross River. When you have Muslims from the North coming to fellowship and celebrate with us in the South on Christmas day, I think this is the biggest message this country must take home.”

He said the governors’ visit on Christmas day underscores the APC government’s stance for the unity, indissolubility and indivisibility of the country.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/northern-governors-pay-ayade-visit-talk-up-national-unity/amp/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Governors Pay Ayade Christmas Visit, Talk Up National Unity by jneutron4000: 10:24pm On Dec 25, 2021
As he no gree sign anti open grazing bill.

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Governors Pay Ayade Christmas Visit, Talk Up National Unity by Nobody: 10:28pm On Dec 25, 2021
This is a good one from the two Northern governor.

6 Likes

Re: Northern Governors Pay Ayade Christmas Visit, Talk Up National Unity by Mokason288(m): 10:28pm On Dec 25, 2021
The only thing this Backward thinking Northerners know is 2023

Instead of thinking of how to crush insecurity in the North

Spits and walks away

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Northern Governors Pay Ayade Christmas Visit, Talk Up National Unity by Brimstone77: 10:29pm On Dec 25, 2021

"We came to facilitate with him and celebrate his achievements" this line was repeated like 100 times in that thread..

These clowns should be campaigning and making plans on how to combat insecurities in the north rather than going about talking about inexistence unity..

7 Likes

Re: Northern Governors Pay Ayade Christmas Visit, Talk Up National Unity by Nobody: 10:34pm On Dec 25, 2021
Noted.

1 Like

Re: Northern Governors Pay Ayade Christmas Visit, Talk Up National Unity by Igbokid: 11:08pm On Dec 25, 2021
offiong187:
Northern Governors pay Ayade Christmas visit, talk up national unity

In the spirit of national unity, Governors Atiku Bagudu of Kebbi and Muhammad Badru Abubakar of Jigawa state Saturday paid their Cross River State counterpart, Professor Ben Ayade Christmas visit.
Also on the entourage of the governors was former Jigawa Governor, Seminu Turaki.
Speaking, Governor Bagudu described Ayade as a dear brother and colleague whose achievements were worthy of celebration.
According to him, "we came to felicitate with his Excellency Governor Ben Ayade and the people of Cross River State, we are here to show respect to a very dear friend and colleague who has proved himself worthy of being respected.
"Despite the distance, we were desirous of coming to celebrate with him and show respect to him and the people of Cross River State and to celebrate his achievements.
"What has been happening in Cross River State is enough evidence that we have beacons of light across the land and that when we support them, greatness and Prosperity will come."
Further eulogising his Cross River counterpart, Bagudu said the Progressive Governors Forum which is the forum of Governors of the All Progressives Congress, APC, holds him in high esteem: "We are here on a personal relationship with Governor Ayade, we respect him, we celebrate his achievements and particularly, all of us in the progressive Governor's Forum we reckon with his achievements and we pray that he will continue to go higher and higher."
The Kebbi State Governor enjoined Nigerians to work towards building a country that holds a bright future for all.
"We have a great country, we should enjoy ourselves, we should work for a country of our future, our children and our great grand children. It is what President Buhari had been doing.
"We would work hard to overcome all challenges so that Nigeria can be greater so that it can take its rightful place among the comity of nations", the Kebbi State Governor said.
Responding, Governor Ayade said he was delighted to receive his colleagues from the North, describing their visit as good for the unity of Nigeria.
In his words, "this is why APC is a perfect example for the unity of this country. Here you have my brothers from the North coming to celebrate Christmas with us in Cross River. When you have Muslims from the North coming to fellowship and celebrate with us in the South on Christmas day, I think this is the biggest message this country must take home.”
The Cross River state governor reiterated his determination to sign into law, a grazing bill that is beneficial to both herders and farmers, adding, "this country can be united. This why I made a very strong statement that I can not legislate into illegitimacy, a trade of the people.
"People have been normad and herdsmen and have been moving about with their cattle, I cannot one day just make it Illegal. We are one people, one nation."
He said the Governors' visit on Christmas day underscores the APC government's stance for the unity, indissolubility and indivisibility of the country."
Who is that dude on the extreme right in the last picture??
Looks like he has trisomy 21.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Governors Pay Ayade Christmas Visit, Talk Up National Unity by Afamsi: 11:29pm On Dec 25, 2021
The same people promoting disunity in the country are the same people preaching unity. No be wayo be that?

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Northern Governors Pay Ayade Christmas Visit, Talk Up National Unity by Globad(f): 11:37pm On Dec 25, 2021
Naija politicians!!!

They sound so much time on politics and so little time on governing the country.

No wonder the country is the way it is

Pathetic creatures!!!

9 Likes

Re: Northern Governors Pay Ayade Christmas Visit, Talk Up National Unity by slimfit1(m): 1:26am On Dec 26, 2021
They quickly, identify the weakest link to use.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northern Governors Pay Ayade Christmas Visit, Talk Up National Unity by Onyiiobi7735(m): 6:10am On Dec 26, 2021
Mokason288:
The only thing this Backward thinking Northerners know is 2023

Instead of thinking of how to crush insecurity in the North

Spits and walks away
Lol! These Northern animals don't care that insurgency may wipe them out,even before that 2023.

7 Likes

Re: Northern Governors Pay Ayade Christmas Visit, Talk Up National Unity by Noshitboi(m): 6:22am On Dec 26, 2021
The short illiterate professor prefers to asslick abokis than to protect the life of cross riverians. Your people are waiting for you come 2023. I hope these blood sucking governors and the almajiris in Bogobiri will vote for you

7 Likes

Re: Northern Governors Pay Ayade Christmas Visit, Talk Up National Unity by Sonoyom(m): 8:49am On Dec 26, 2021
These idiots left their states for bandits to occupy just to come and pay a visit to failure himself.

3 Likes

Re: Northern Governors Pay Ayade Christmas Visit, Talk Up National Unity by dmbb: 9:06am On Dec 26, 2021
North, Southwest and South South are the good people of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Northern Governors Pay Ayade Christmas Visit, Talk Up National Unity by Zico5(m): 9:06am On Dec 26, 2021
See them, with all the money, they still look like Almanjiri. To be sincere, the gap between north and south is so wide that it will take centuries to bridge the gap. We are not meant to be together at all.

4 Likes

Re: Northern Governors Pay Ayade Christmas Visit, Talk Up National Unity by kenbee(f): 9:06am On Dec 26, 2021
Political calculation for 2023 presidential election
Re: Northern Governors Pay Ayade Christmas Visit, Talk Up National Unity by bigdammyj: 9:07am On Dec 26, 2021
Noted
Re: Northern Governors Pay Ayade Christmas Visit, Talk Up National Unity by MrOON: 9:07am On Dec 26, 2021
We need no national unity. Oyel has been discovered in the north, lets divide now. I believe more oyel will be discovered in other northern state so we all can rest.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Governors Pay Ayade Christmas Visit, Talk Up National Unity by CrownOfClay724: 9:07am On Dec 26, 2021
Lol.

Northerners no too funny?

National Unity , National Unity cos it's convenient.

Las las, na war go settle this matter

You can't be pressing my neck and be whispering unity in my ears.

Pray make I no stand up.
If I do, na that your neck I go break.
Re: Northern Governors Pay Ayade Christmas Visit, Talk Up National Unity by Houseofglam7(f): 9:07am On Dec 26, 2021
undecided
Re: Northern Governors Pay Ayade Christmas Visit, Talk Up National Unity by Lanre4uonly(m): 9:08am On Dec 26, 2021
That's good.
Re: Northern Governors Pay Ayade Christmas Visit, Talk Up National Unity by Passionate888: 9:09am On Dec 26, 2021
Yimu
Re: Northern Governors Pay Ayade Christmas Visit, Talk Up National Unity by BarrElChapo(m): 9:09am On Dec 26, 2021
Look at governors, I see fattened cows undecided
Re: Northern Governors Pay Ayade Christmas Visit, Talk Up National Unity by Ekpeitut: 9:10am On Dec 26, 2021
This fraud of a governor single handedly wreaked Cross River State. As in ehn Calabar looks like a ghost town.

He is dirty, thieving and sleazy, joined APC to escape probing and being accountable. I pray APC frustrates the sh*t of him.

2 Likes

Re: Northern Governors Pay Ayade Christmas Visit, Talk Up National Unity by booblacain(m): 9:11am On Dec 26, 2021
Ayade may just be gunning for the presidency.
Re: Northern Governors Pay Ayade Christmas Visit, Talk Up National Unity by Laggafin: 9:11am On Dec 26, 2021
That jigawa and kebbi govs are the real cabals who have held the presidency to the jugular

1 Like

Re: Northern Governors Pay Ayade Christmas Visit, Talk Up National Unity by Mokason288(m): 9:12am On Dec 26, 2021
Onyiiobi7735:

Lol! These Northern animals don't care that insurgency may wipe them out,even before that 2023.
I’m telling you

2 Likes

Re: Northern Governors Pay Ayade Christmas Visit, Talk Up National Unity by Nobody: 9:13am On Dec 26, 2021
dmbb:
North, Southwest and South South are good people of Nigeria

Good slaves indeed;
Yoruba, Ijaw, and other Nigerians should be thanking God for the Igbos, they are the reason Nigeria hasn’t been Islamised yet —Obasanjo

5 Likes

Re: Northern Governors Pay Ayade Christmas Visit, Talk Up National Unity by just2endowed: 9:15am On Dec 26, 2021
jneutron4000:
As he no gree sign anti open grazing bill.

He is one of them.
Re: Northern Governors Pay Ayade Christmas Visit, Talk Up National Unity by eedimo(m): 9:16am On Dec 26, 2021
lol
Visiting a governor that has no political value.
If not for Imoke's greed, My state wouldn't have been in this tunnel.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Obasanjo And Yar’adua Told Me-soludo / Don’t Wish Us Dead, You Still Need Our Mentoring -obasanjo To Nigerian Youths / Tinubu To Buhari: They Said I Should Not Follow Or Support You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.