Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,230 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Diri Rejects Alaibe’s Congratulatory Message - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Diri Rejects Alaibe’s Congratulatory Message (31222 Views)

Obasanjo And Akpabio Discussing At Timi Alaibe's Daughter's Wedding (Video) / Jonathan And Obasanjo Snub Akpabio At Timi Alaibe's Daughter's Wedding (Photo) / Obasanjo, Patience & Goodluck Jonathan At The Wedding Of Timi Alaibe's Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diri Rejects Alaibe’s Congratulatory Message by etokhana: 7:09pm On Jul 20, 2020
*Calls For New Statement

Yenagoa- Bayelsa State Governor, Douye Diri, on Monday, rejected a congratulatory message from Timi Alaibe following last Tuesday’s Supreme Court judgment which dismissed his appeal, describing the message as “half-hearted.”

Diri said that Alaibe, who was an aspirant in the September 3, 2019 Peoples Democratic Party’s governorship primary election that he (Diri) won, went too far in his bid to unseat him.

He denounced Alaibe’s felicitations while speaking publicly for the first time since the apex court verdict when he addressed the State Working Committee of the PDP, which paid him a solidarity visit in Government House, Yenagoa, on Monday.

Diri in a statement by the Acting Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Mr. Daniel Alabrah, said Alaibe’s statement issued by his personal assistant, Enize Ogio, was “insulting and totally unacceptable.”

The governor demanded a new message from Alaibe, noting that in line with the Supreme Court verdict, nobody was bigger than the party, including himself.

He wondered why an internal process like the primary election, “which was transparent and guided by the party’s constitution”, was dragged to court by the former Managing Director of the Niger Delta Development Commission.

Diri while expressing dissatisfaction with Alaibe’s action said, “It was an internal party affair, which ordinarily should not have gone beyond the shores of our state.

“We had a very transparent process, which was acknowledged across the country. From the nomination of delegates down to the primaries, everything was done according to the constitution of our party.

“I hereby reject that insulting message from one Enize Ogio. I hereby reject it in totality, and the PDP rejects it too. If they accept our olive branch, they should issue a new statement to let the PDP and the government of Bayelsa know that they are still members of our party.”

Diri, however, congratulated his party for being the vehicle for his emergence as governor.

https://www.independent.ng/bayelsa-guber-diri-rejects-alaibes-congratulatory-message/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

6 Likes

Re: Diri Rejects Alaibe’s Congratulatory Message by Babzrockman: 7:14pm On Jul 20, 2020
Another Supreme Court governor making mouth...

If to say Amaechi too leave him matter as per say na internal party issue e for no be whom he has grown to become today.

Governance them well sha

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Diri Rejects Alaibe’s Congratulatory Message by Ikennamurphy: 7:17pm On Jul 20, 2020
Babzrockman:
Another Supreme Court governor making mouth...

If to say Amaechi too leave him matter as per say na internal party issue e for no be whom he has grown to become today.

Governance them well sha
ATLEAST HE'S MAKING MOUTH FOR THE RIGHT REASON

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Diri Rejects Alaibe’s Congratulatory Message by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jul 20, 2020
I am grateful to all good people on nairaland.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Diri Rejects Alaibe’s Congratulatory Message by Sunofgod(m): 8:58pm On Jul 20, 2020
Thieves.......

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diri Rejects Alaibe’s Congratulatory Message by Inception100: 8:59pm On Jul 20, 2020
Na wa
Re: Diri Rejects Alaibe’s Congratulatory Message by iCauseTrouble: 8:59pm On Jul 20, 2020
Someone cannot play with you?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Diri Rejects Alaibe’s Congratulatory Message by noble71(m): 8:59pm On Jul 20, 2020
shocked

1 Like

Re: Diri Rejects Alaibe’s Congratulatory Message by yusufobinna1(m): 9:00pm On Jul 20, 2020
Na Dem Sabi jare

1 Like

Re: Diri Rejects Alaibe’s Congratulatory Message by OLDESTWARRIBOY: 9:00pm On Jul 20, 2020
Supreme Court Governor no go start to do projects so that people go actually vote am for 2023 make im fil win...bros dey here dey talk about primary elections

10 Likes

Re: Diri Rejects Alaibe’s Congratulatory Message by Ogegeodey(m): 9:00pm On Jul 20, 2020
tongue

He tried his best to make sure the matter was settled out of court but Alaine insisted on court settlement, I think that's why the governor is angry.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Diri Rejects Alaibe’s Congratulatory Message by Sanemind6(m): 9:01pm On Jul 20, 2020
Lol...my guy vex

4 Likes

Re: Diri Rejects Alaibe’s Congratulatory Message by techmo(m): 9:01pm On Jul 20, 2020
cool

Injustice Mary Odili's boys

8 Likes

Re: Diri Rejects Alaibe’s Congratulatory Message by darocha1: 9:01pm On Jul 20, 2020
Nonsense... Akpabio basketmouth go soon open your ynash too.

That's when you will be shouting "it's OK".... It's ok

3 Likes

Re: Diri Rejects Alaibe’s Congratulatory Message by Captainrambo2: 9:01pm On Jul 20, 2020
Na so. Alaibe rejected his hand of friendship when he extended it...

To much I nor go gree dey tear pant.

Alaibe go and sit down

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Diri Rejects Alaibe’s Congratulatory Message by LoveToRead: 9:01pm On Jul 20, 2020
Hmn

In politics, anything can happen.

Congrats to Diri.
Re: Diri Rejects Alaibe’s Congratulatory Message by nonoski: 9:01pm On Jul 20, 2020
Lol
Re: Diri Rejects Alaibe’s Congratulatory Message by eddyslim(m): 9:01pm On Jul 20, 2020
Should I boil beans

1 Like

Re: Diri Rejects Alaibe’s Congratulatory Message by clergyboy(m): 9:02pm On Jul 20, 2020
wahali!

FCT for the first time

please my miracle governor, just focus on the plans you have outlined in order to develop our dear state

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diri Rejects Alaibe’s Congratulatory Message by LibertyRep: 9:02pm On Jul 20, 2020
No pretence I guess.

1 Like

Re: Diri Rejects Alaibe’s Congratulatory Message by BuhariNaWah: 9:05pm On Jul 20, 2020
clergyboy:
wahali!

FCT for the first time

please my miracle governor, just focus on the plans you have outlined in order to develop our dear state

1 Like

Re: Diri Rejects Alaibe’s Congratulatory Message by onward4life(m): 9:05pm On Jul 20, 2020
Sunofgod:
Thieves.......

Bayelsa matter confuse me pass bruwadri matter...

Who be d governor of bayelsa?
Under which political party?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diri Rejects Alaibe’s Congratulatory Message by ruggedtimi(m): 9:06pm On Jul 20, 2020
Lucky diri...Diri was actually Alaibe's boy back then
Re: Diri Rejects Alaibe’s Congratulatory Message by Dpharisee: 9:06pm On Jul 20, 2020
Handshake above the elbow grin

4 Likes

Re: Diri Rejects Alaibe’s Congratulatory Message by WATCHOVER(m): 9:06pm On Jul 20, 2020
Alaibe went too far, I expect Alaibe to beg the party if not openly.
What he did was like Anti-party.
Knowing fully well what Diri and the party went through at least he would have given Gov. Diri time to relax.

For me Alaibe should apologise.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari Arrives In Katsina For APC Presidential Rally / How INEC Chair Stopped Chidoka From Staging ‘orubebe’ At Collation Centre / Tolu Ogunlesi's Tweets About The Revival Of The Eastern Ports.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.