Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,403 members, 7,815,880 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

How INEC Chair Stopped Chidoka From Staging ‘orubebe’ At Collation Centre - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How INEC Chair Stopped Chidoka From Staging ‘orubebe’ At Collation Centre (31220 Views)

Femi Fani-Kayode & Orubebe Visit Goodluck Jonathan (Photos) / Uche Onyeaguocha Arraigned In Court For Tearing Fake Result At Collation Center / Suspected SARS Operative Shoots PDP Agent At Collation Center In River State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How INEC Chair Stopped Chidoka From Staging ‘orubebe’ At Collation Centre by Islie: 6:44am On Mar 01, 2019
By Abbas Jimoh

There was fear of a repeat of the 31 March 2015 ‘Orubebe drama’ during the collation of last Saturday’s presidential election results held at the National Collation Centre, located at the International Conference Centre (ICC) in Abuja.

The PDP agent and spokesperson for the Atiku Abubakar Presidential Campaign Organisation, Mr Osita Chidoka, early Wednesday, tried unsuccessfully to trigger the suspension of the declaration of the result by INEC Chairman, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu.

It all started when Mr. Chidoka reminded Prof. Yakubu about the petition his party, the PDP wrote to INEC.

He alleged that the INEC Chairman promised that details of accreditation captured by the card reader across the country would be provided during collation of results.

“Yesterday (Monday), our colleague raised the issue and we thought that when we come in this morning as we are listening to the states, we will be seeing the accreditation from the states,” Chidoka said.

“Please, Mr. Chairman, we will like it to be on record that we want to see the accreditation by the card readers for Bauchi, Borno, Yobe in particular and then of course for the rest of the country because the numbers we are seeing seem to be like we live in two countries,” he said.

He said they were not comfortable with the alleged failure of the INEC boss to use projector and show the results from the smart card reader despite spending N27bn in this year’s budget alone for technology.

Chidoka also said they observed that there were 1.6 million people missing in the voter register besides the cancellations that during the election that allegedly affected 2.7 million voters.

He prayed Prof. Yakubu to suspend the announcement of the results until all observations were addressed.

Responding, The INEC chairman brushed Chidoka aside saying all the observers including those made by other agents would be useful for future elections.

Mr Yakubu said while the commission noticed that the figures of accredited voters in relation to vote-cast did not add up in one or two instances, preliminary investigation revealed that the cumulative disparity was less than two per cent.

In 2015, a former Minister of Niger Delta, Godsday Orubebe who was the PDP agent during the collation of the president election, accused the then INEC Chairman, Prof. Attahiru Jega of being biased against his party.

He also said Prof. Jega was tribalistic in handling the process of the collation, saying Jega had set up a committee to investigate results from Rivers State after the APC raised objections but refused to do same when PDP complained about results from Kano, Katsina, Kaduna, Jigawa and three other states.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/how-inec-chair-stopped-chidoka-from-staging-orubebe-at-collation-centre.html

4 Likes

Re: How INEC Chair Stopped Chidoka From Staging ‘orubebe’ At Collation Centre by kingphilip(m): 6:59am On Mar 01, 2019
Happy new month Nairalanders

BTW I missed the orubebe behavior this time

15 Likes

Re: How INEC Chair Stopped Chidoka From Staging ‘orubebe’ At Collation Centre by dante0147: 7:06am On Mar 01, 2019
I told them in 2015 if this man enters he will become a pain in the neck

18 Likes

Re: How INEC Chair Stopped Chidoka From Staging ‘orubebe’ At Collation Centre by ayatt(m): 8:33am On Mar 01, 2019
Next please

May God not forgive the mod that ban NwaAmaikpe

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How INEC Chair Stopped Chidoka From Staging ‘orubebe’ At Collation Centre by seunfly: 8:33am On Mar 01, 2019
Ok
Re: How INEC Chair Stopped Chidoka From Staging ‘orubebe’ At Collation Centre by Elslim: 8:33am On Mar 01, 2019
Okay.... Next

1 Like

Re: How INEC Chair Stopped Chidoka From Staging ‘orubebe’ At Collation Centre by Biodun556(m): 8:34am On Mar 01, 2019
grin grin
Responding, The INEC chairman brushed Chidoka aside saying all the observers including those made by other agents would be useful for future elections.

6 Likes

Re: How INEC Chair Stopped Chidoka From Staging ‘orubebe’ At Collation Centre by 9jaArea: 8:34am On Mar 01, 2019
Ok
Re: How INEC Chair Stopped Chidoka From Staging ‘orubebe’ At Collation Centre by B1ak3: 8:34am On Mar 01, 2019
grin I'm sure PDP had more than 10 orubebe stationed in that place.
Yeye party

52 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How INEC Chair Stopped Chidoka From Staging ‘orubebe’ At Collation Centre by 9jaArea: 8:34am On Mar 01, 2019
Nnamdi Kanu's driver... INEC Chair would have allowed us some entertainment.

3 Likes

Re: How INEC Chair Stopped Chidoka From Staging ‘orubebe’ At Collation Centre by efilefun(m): 8:35am On Mar 01, 2019
He no go wan try am, he needs to ask that MKO dude in Ikeja that tried it, pretty sure the dude is still in the hospital

11 Likes

Re: How INEC Chair Stopped Chidoka From Staging ‘orubebe’ At Collation Centre by Petersamuel8(m): 8:36am On Mar 01, 2019
Northerners are allowed to vote even without proper accreditation unlike the south, this country is finished

8 Likes

Re: How INEC Chair Stopped Chidoka From Staging ‘orubebe’ At Collation Centre by 9jaRealist: 8:36am On Mar 01, 2019
Only MORONS would compare Chidoka’s reasoned statement (which btw is on tape) with Orubebe’s disgraceful outburst...SMDH

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How INEC Chair Stopped Chidoka From Staging ‘orubebe’ At Collation Centre by AgamaHub: 8:37am On Mar 01, 2019
Checks
Re: How INEC Chair Stopped Chidoka From Staging ‘orubebe’ At Collation Centre by Hotfreeze: 8:37am On Mar 01, 2019
This same Chidoka that was supporting Ipob is the one Pdp could field to represent it?
Someone who supported a secessionist openly?

PDP is a very stupid party of thieves and Igbos.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How INEC Chair Stopped Chidoka From Staging ‘orubebe’ At Collation Centre by Hotfreeze: 8:37am On Mar 01, 2019
9jaRealist:
Only MORONS would compare Chidoka’s reasoned statement (which btw is on tape) with Orubebe’s disgraceful outburst...SMDH

You mean Chidoka, Nnamdi Kanu's driver? grin

18 Likes

Re: How INEC Chair Stopped Chidoka From Staging ‘orubebe’ At Collation Centre by Topmaike007(m): 8:38am On Mar 01, 2019
This chidoka wanted to rubebe,but Our God no gree for am cheesy

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How INEC Chair Stopped Chidoka From Staging ‘orubebe’ At Collation Centre by SEONaijaExpert: 8:38am On Mar 01, 2019
Osita Chidoka is the brain behind that CUPP group PDP is using to provoke the polity.

15 Likes

Re: How INEC Chair Stopped Chidoka From Staging ‘orubebe’ At Collation Centre by israelmao(m): 8:38am On Mar 01, 2019
Collusion and conspiracy theory.Prof.Jega received a lot of accolades from many if not all unlike Prof. Yakubu Mahmoud,Mr.Sugar Cube Equality.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How INEC Chair Stopped Chidoka From Staging ‘orubebe’ At Collation Centre by Hotfreeze: 8:38am On Mar 01, 2019
Petersamuel8:
Northerners are allowed to vote even without proper accreditation unlike the south, this country is finished

Your father's house is finished.

PVC collection in SE 80%
Voter turnout in the SE 21%

Reason: Election was fixed on Eke market day.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How INEC Chair Stopped Chidoka From Staging ‘orubebe’ At Collation Centre by jendhorlee(m): 8:39am On Mar 01, 2019
I like that INEC chairman ehn, he's so calm and has answers to any questions he was asked

6 Likes

Re: How INEC Chair Stopped Chidoka From Staging ‘orubebe’ At Collation Centre by Maxcollins042(m): 8:40am On Mar 01, 2019
ok
Re: How INEC Chair Stopped Chidoka From Staging ‘orubebe’ At Collation Centre by Nobody: 8:41am On Mar 01, 2019
Good morning my fellow Nairalanders, about one week ago, i asked for financial assistance here on Nairaland, some people sent money to me while some people rained abuse on me but I pray that God will not let you find yourself in my condition.
I had a good job until I lost the job due to Tuberculosis. I was placed on eight months injections (Capromizine) and one year eighteen peices of medicine every day.
Even I have started looking for a security job against the doctor's advise that I should finish my medicine before i start working again because I'm still weak.
If you can still help me, my account details is as follows:
Account Name: Adisa Olusegun. Wema bank account number: 0237345387.
Please no insult if you can't help, just ignore.
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How INEC Chair Stopped Chidoka From Staging ‘orubebe’ At Collation Centre by Nobody: 8:41am On Mar 01, 2019
I think this Chidoka has a corruption case ongoing against him.

Most PDP members are facing corruption charges in court like Fayose, so I guess this election was a do or die affair for them. Probably why they are pushing Atiku to go to court.

9 Likes

Re: How INEC Chair Stopped Chidoka From Staging ‘orubebe’ At Collation Centre by 2lateBiafra: 8:42am On Mar 01, 2019
Atiku don SUFFER, I SWEAR

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Diri Rejects Alaibe’s Congratulatory Message / Presidential Poll: Imo, Rivers Results Were Manipulated – Yiaga Africa / President Jonathan Appoints Interim Ministers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.