Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,985 members, 7,817,903 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

Okunbo To Obaseki: Your Accusation Reeks Of Incompetence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okunbo To Obaseki: Your Accusation Reeks Of Incompetence (10880 Views)

Oba Of Benin Asked To Call Hosa Okunbo To Order / Pally Iriase To Obaseki: Explain How You Spent N251 Billion / NASS, DSS, Police Set To Take Over Edo Assembly, Issue Directive To Obaseki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okunbo To Obaseki: Your Accusation Reeks Of Incompetence by kahal29: 6:17am On Jul 21, 2020
The Chairman, Ocean Marine Solutions Limited, Captain Idahosa Wells Okunbo, has said to Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo State that his statement accusing him of sponsoring thugs in the state has only exposed his incompetence and inability as a state governor to fulfill his first constitutional responsibility, which is to protect lives and property.

A statement by Obaseki’s Special Adviser on Media and Communication, Crusoe Osagie, recently accused Okunbo and a former Governor of Edo State, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, of sponsoring political thugs to be deployed in the September 19 governorship election.

The statement claimed that both Okunbo and Oshiomhole had met at Okunbo’s GRA residence in Benin on Sunday, July 19, 2020 with the thugs, whom they had allegedly paid upfront.

However, refuting the claims, Okunbo in a statement by Mrs. Denise Onu, his Senior Executive Assistant said, “While the statement is baseless and unfair, it betrays desperation on the part of the entire Edo State Government under Governor Godwin Obaseki.

“The statement also suggests cluelessness as to how to peacefully and maturely engage with emerging political issues ahead of the September 19 governorship election.

“The point is hereby made that Captain Idahosa Wells Okunbo, in particular, is a man of peace, whose patience is legendary. Therefore, they could not be talking about him in the context they did without answering to their indiscretion in making the outlandish and defamatory claims.”

The businessman and philanthropist noted that, “Judging by the recent history and timelines of violence in the state on the watch of Governor Godwin Obaseki to cow opponents, the consensus is that through Crusoe Osagie, the State Government and its officials, had actually talked about their failure to ensure the peace, safety and security of the people of Edo State.

Okunbo contended that, “While the claims are outright ridiculous, false and mischievous, the intention behind them was/is to embarrass these respected sons and leaders of Edo State and lower their reputation in the estimation of right-thinking and reasonable members of the society.

“It is unfortunate that at a time, when resources are dwindling and when there is a need for public enlightenment on health related issues, Crusoe Osagie has misdirected his attention and state resources toward baseless personal attacks on perceived enemies of his principal.

“Without any iota of doubt, these malicious and careless statements by Crusoe Osagie were endorsed by his principal, Governor Godwin Obaseki, on whose behalf he spoke and still speaks as his spokesperson.”

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/07/20/okunbo-to-obaseki-your-accusation-reeks-of-incompetence/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okunbo To Obaseki: Your Accusation Reeks Of Incompetence by Babbadata: 7:15am On Jul 21, 2020
In the words of ogboyabon
Edo currently is in a state of higihaga kunkun katum..

That's all..

4 Likes

Re: Okunbo To Obaseki: Your Accusation Reeks Of Incompetence by mayklef(m): 7:16am On Jul 21, 2020
u can say whatever u wanna say, but 1thing we know for sure, d Right thinking people of Edo state will definitely stan with Obeseki....EdoPeople no be Zombies, EdoNoBeLagos#

31 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Okunbo To Obaseki: Your Accusation Reeks Of Incompetence by OKTolu: 7:16am On Jul 21, 2020
Ok let the battle begins,allegations upon allegations, all I know is it's survival of the fittest, let the best man wins
Nigeria..... there was a country
Re: Okunbo To Obaseki: Your Accusation Reeks Of Incompetence by Minjim: 7:16am On Jul 21, 2020
Accusations and counter accusations.

Those that are wise should leave that state for them a day b4 the election.
Re: Okunbo To Obaseki: Your Accusation Reeks Of Incompetence by bottlewater1(m): 7:17am On Jul 21, 2020
d
Re: Okunbo To Obaseki: Your Accusation Reeks Of Incompetence by Oddslordreal: 7:18am On Jul 21, 2020
This election should come and go already, we r tired

Pls if you're into b#tting and you good predicted g*mes

Chat me up

08" """"085583898
Re: Okunbo To Obaseki: Your Accusation Reeks Of Incompetence by israelmao(m): 7:18am On Jul 21, 2020
It's not just about Obaseki Incompetence runs in the bloodstream of this government, there are only few exceptions in states.

2 Likes

Re: Okunbo To Obaseki: Your Accusation Reeks Of Incompetence by kabawa(m): 7:19am On Jul 21, 2020
Show me one politician without thugs in Nigeria, and I will show you bird with horn and twelve eyes. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Okunbo To Obaseki: Your Accusation Reeks Of Incompetence by Osanoghodua1: 7:19am On Jul 21, 2020
I don't know who is lying. Okunbo has not done enough in. Edo likewise I Obaseki. None is patriotic.
Re: Okunbo To Obaseki: Your Accusation Reeks Of Incompetence by jrusky(m): 7:19am On Jul 21, 2020
Sorry who is Okunbo again? Is that not one time the notorious armed robber or its another Okunbo just happened to bear same name with the notorious guy

Just asking pls because that name hhmmmm.....

9 Likes

Re: Okunbo To Obaseki: Your Accusation Reeks Of Incompetence by Donspicey: 7:19am On Jul 21, 2020
nasoso denial ful dis clowns mouth,,,,, there is fire on d mountain oooooo am sorry for nigeria

1 Like

Re: Okunbo To Obaseki: Your Accusation Reeks Of Incompetence by cedricksly: 7:20am On Jul 21, 2020
Mumu governor victimising his opponent supporters.... How clueless can this man be

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okunbo To Obaseki: Your Accusation Reeks Of Incompetence by freshkpomo(m): 7:23am On Jul 21, 2020
These AKUGBE ventures people nor go let Obaseki get peace o...

Together we can make Nigeria better

NYM

God bless Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Okunbo To Obaseki: Your Accusation Reeks Of Incompetence by NOC1(m): 7:23am On Jul 21, 2020
jrusky:
Sorry who is Okunbo again? Is that not one time the notorious armed robber or its anofher Okunbo just happened to bear same name with the notorious guy

Just asking pls because that name hhmmmm.....

Ask Benin people, or go to Benin city motor parks, ring road and say this.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okunbo To Obaseki: Your Accusation Reeks Of Incompetence by ekestic1976(f): 7:24am On Jul 21, 2020
mayklef:
u can say whatever u wanna say, but 1thing we know for sure, d Right thinking people of Edo state will definitely stan with Obeseki....EdoPeople no be Zombies, EdoNoBeLagos#

Be reasonable for once. This is real politic, the emotion has no place here! How are you sure that "Edo people will definitely stan (sic) with Obeseki (sic)"? Perhaps you conducted a population census? Or, an opinion poll?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okunbo To Obaseki: Your Accusation Reeks Of Incompetence by techmo(m): 7:25am On Jul 21, 2020
cool

Obaseki wants to replace Godfatherism, with Cult-Fatherism

Only Obaseki would attack ex Governor, attack state lawmakers, attack Councillors, and now he is attacking one of the richest man in Edo

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okunbo To Obaseki: Your Accusation Reeks Of Incompetence by Jeux: 7:25am On Jul 21, 2020
Osanoghodua1:
I don't know who is lying. Okunbo has not done enough in. Edo likewise I Obaseki. None is patriotic.
is okunbor an elected official, is he a politician that you want him to do enough? as a private individual, he has businesses in Benin that employs thousands of edolites ,what else do you want him to do ?

14 Likes

Re: Okunbo To Obaseki: Your Accusation Reeks Of Incompetence by jrusky(m): 7:26am On Jul 21, 2020
NOC1:

Ask Benin people

Ok. Pls Edolite is this same the one time Notorious Armed Robber or another Okunbo?

That name is in same page with Aninih, Shina Rambo etc.

Indomie kids won't understand what i'm saying though....

1 Like

Re: Okunbo To Obaseki: Your Accusation Reeks Of Incompetence by Jeux: 7:27am On Jul 21, 2020
I don't really know if we are cursed in the country, I have never seen a governor as useless as this obaseki once in my life, just come Benin and see how fast the town is degenerating

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okunbo To Obaseki: Your Accusation Reeks Of Incompetence by ekestic1976(f): 7:28am On Jul 21, 2020
jrusky:

Ok. Pls Edolite is this same the one time Notorious Armed Robber or another Okunbo?

You missed it and the joke can't stick! As a matter of fact, the joke is on you. The robber's name was Monday OSUNBO, not Okunbo. Be circumspect next time.

6 Likes

Re: Okunbo To Obaseki: Your Accusation Reeks Of Incompetence by Bighead9: 7:31am On Jul 21, 2020
True.

Ugly and incompetent Obaseki has nothing to campaign with, cause he did nothing over the last four years. He doesn't campaign like a seating Governor. He is always quick at using lies, deciet, hate and propaganda for his campaign.
The people of Edo State are wiser now.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okunbo To Obaseki: Your Accusation Reeks Of Incompetence by Loadbalancer(m): 7:32am On Jul 21, 2020
cheesy Osunbor is it not that governor that was sacked because his election was fraudulent. Suddenly he has found his voice?

This week's website giveaway! I'll build a simple responsive custom website at 15k for first 3 people only. Click my name.
Re: Okunbo To Obaseki: Your Accusation Reeks Of Incompetence by Chekwume16(m): 7:32am On Jul 21, 2020
Are you alright? Even buhari is more useless than obaseki.
Jeux:
I don't really know if we are cursed in the country, I have never seen a governor as useless as this obaseki once in my life, just come Benin and see how fast the town is degenerating

1 Like

Re: Okunbo To Obaseki: Your Accusation Reeks Of Incompetence by Wettoid123: 7:33am On Jul 21, 2020
are u not In control of the state why shouting about thugs that Is why i love governor wike no nonsense man
Re: Okunbo To Obaseki: Your Accusation Reeks Of Incompetence by ekestic1976(f): 7:33am On Jul 21, 2020
jrusky:

Indomie kids won't understand what i'm saying though....

Even then, you don't know history as you pretend to do. It's obvious that you're not better than the so-called Indomie Generation. (The robber's name was Monday OSUNBO, not Okunbo. See your life now? Porsin wey no sabe dey form intellectual undecided undecided undecided undecided)

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okunbo To Obaseki: Your Accusation Reeks Of Incompetence by Ayoguy(m): 7:37am On Jul 21, 2020
mayklef:
You are just shouting Edo no be Lagos up and down like Edo state is one useful state in the first place. What magnificent thing can we pin point to in your state with all the nonsense you people just spill. Edo no be Lagos yet you and your Edo people litter everywhere in Lagos with prostitution and all sort and you are here shouting Edo no be Lagos. You better find better Governor vote wey go help your local village than killing yourself ontop Lagos people matter.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okunbo To Obaseki: Your Accusation Reeks Of Incompetence by ekestic1976(f): 7:38am On Jul 21, 2020
Ayoguy:

You are just shouting Edo no be Lagos up and down like Edo state is one useful state in the first place. What magnificent thing can we pin point to in your state with all the nonsense you people just spill. Edo no be Lagos yet you and your Edo people litter everywhere in Lagos with prostitution and all sort and you are here shouting Edo no be Lagos. You better find better Governor vote wey go help your local village than killing yourself ontop Lagos people matter.
Re: Okunbo To Obaseki: Your Accusation Reeks Of Incompetence by Trumpcard05: 7:38am On Jul 21, 2020
Wow oga mynd 44 u’ve been publishing anti-Obaseki articles back to back. Try and balance it out na by publishing the other side as well. That’s what free press and unbiased forum is about. There are so many pro-Obaseki article in the political section and not one has been sent to front page since past two days. Haba

Mynd 44
Lalasticlacla
Seun

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Impose visa ban on Buhari after May 29, PDP urges international community / I’m Not Leaving Labour Party, Obi Replies NLC / Tribunal Affirms Senator Solomon Adeola’s Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.