Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,256 members, 7,818,877 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

I’m Not Leaving Labour Party, Obi Replies NLC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Not Leaving Labour Party, Obi Replies NLC (10887 Views)

Resign If You’re Desperate To Replace Abure, LP Replies NLC President / Nigerians Know The Truth, Peter Obi Replies Tinubu / Peter Obi Replies Tinubu Over 'Derogatory' Remark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Not Leaving Labour Party, Obi Replies NLC by Paraman: 6:19pm On Apr 07
A former presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi, has reacted to media reports that following his alleged unhappiness with the leadership crisis, he may defect ahead of the 2027 election.

Fielding questions raised by journalists in Gombe State shortly after donating a borehole to the ram market in Tike Pantami on Sunday, Obi allayed fears that he may head to the Social Democratic Party to pursue his ambition.

The Nigeria Labour Congress, through its spokesman, Benson Upah, had said that the former Anambra State Governor is free to leave the LP, noting that the congress would not stand in his way if he chose to leave.

Upah said, “The right of choice is available to Mr Obi. If he chooses to leave the party, that is his preference. We can’t sit in judgment over him on that. But if he chooses to remain, of course, Peter Obi is an asset any day. I rest my case on that.”

However, in his reaction, Obi said, “No, there is no such thing. I’m for peace, I like peace. I believe we are one people. Our concentration should be on peace, and I believe that we will resolve all situations.”

While reacting to a possible collaboration with former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, the LP candidate said, “Well, I’m more interested now in Nigeria’s success today than tomorrow. We are always concentrating on the election rather than what Nigerians are going through. My commitment is about Nigerians living in a better society, given a better life, and that’s my concern.”

Decrying the increased electricity tariff for Band A consumers by the Federal Government through the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission, Obi urged stakeholders to be strategic, saying, “We should all think it through, see how we can provide remedy. How we can deal with it, especially as it concerns the poor areas?

“Everywhere in the world, those living in Band A areas pay more while those in rural areas are subsidised. That is how it works.”

https://punchng.com/im-not-leaving-labour-party-obi-replies-nlc/?utm_source=telegram&utm_medium=social

12 Likes

Re: I’m Not Leaving Labour Party, Obi Replies NLC by yarimo(m): 6:21pm On Apr 07
Obi you must leave labour party you like it or not undecided undecided

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not Leaving Labour Party, Obi Replies NLC by Richtaiwo: 6:21pm On Apr 07
This drama clown thinks Nigerians reason like his unintelligent sheeples. All these dramas are clear indicators the clown is about to port to another party. Forget the stage management. grin

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Not Leaving Labour Party, Obi Replies NLC by Jostoman: 6:22pm On Apr 07
Obi the nightmare of APC and the man that always give our propaganda neighbors sleepless night

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I’m Not Leaving Labour Party, Obi Replies NLC by dedollarman(m): 6:23pm On Apr 07
The headline is misleading
Re: I’m Not Leaving Labour Party, Obi Replies NLC by HopeUzodinma: 6:24pm On Apr 07
Obi is winning the 2027 election under LP.

Nothing can change it.

INEC caught Nigerians off guard with their transmission of result real time, with their IREV lies. Haha. Now, men Mount.

We will match them IREV for IREV, dollar for dollar, rigging for rigging..
Nigeria must be delivered from the shackles of darkness by fire by force.
God bless Nigeria.

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I’m Not Leaving Labour Party, Obi Replies NLC by Ozommadu: 6:27pm On Apr 07
yarimo:
Obi you must leave labour party you like it or not

Obi your eternal nightmare😂

Obi will keep flogging you in your dreams...

Cry more

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Not Leaving Labour Party, Obi Replies NLC by Jostoman: 6:28pm On Apr 07
yarimo:
your job on nairaland is to make sure you comment first on Obi thread 24/7 but i pray God will provide a good job for you.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not Leaving Labour Party, Obi Replies NLC by Ofunaofu: 6:32pm On Apr 07
Richtaiwo:
This drama clown thinks Nigerians reason like his unintelligent sheeples. All these dramas are clear indicators the clown is about to port to another party. Forget the stage management. grin

yarimo:

These comments stem from individuals suffering from "ebi n pa wa' induced frustrations.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Not Leaving Labour Party, Obi Replies NLC by Richtaiwo: 6:34pm On Apr 07
Ofunaofu:

These comments stem from individuals suffering from "ebi n pa wa' induced frustrations. 
Okay. These are the types of clap backs expected from gringory followers. They are very "intelligent" in their responses. grin grin grin

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I’m Not Leaving Labour Party, Obi Replies NLC by victorclean(f): 6:34pm On Apr 07
Obi leave labor party with Oti let see what will happen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m Not Leaving Labour Party, Obi Replies NLC by kestolove95(m): 6:35pm On Apr 07
Obi will never rule Nigeria

60 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I’m Not Leaving Labour Party, Obi Replies NLC by thesicilian: 6:36pm On Apr 07
kestolove95:
Obi will never rule Nigeria
Goes without saying.
If he couldn't defeat Tinubu in a free and fair election, despite the assistance from VAR (Emefiele and his cashless policy), is it in 2027 that Tinubu has the power of incumbency that Obi will now be able to defeat him?
By 2031 the North will want to have their own turn, so the only way he can step foot in Aso Rock is by becoming a vice president to a northerner.
By 2039 when it is the turn of the south again, he'll be around 76yrs, too old to be taken seriously considering his track record of failures. Nigerians will rather have a younger more competent Easterner then than Obi.

Any obidient still supporting him now is just being myopic.

28 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I’m Not Leaving Labour Party, Obi Replies NLC by FreeStuffsNG: 6:38pm On Apr 07
victorclean:
Obi leave labor party with Oti let see what will happen
LP had a state Governor, Senators, HOR, HoA etc before Obi and Oti wink

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I’m Not Leaving Labour Party, Obi Replies NLC by Blackbelly(m): 6:38pm On Apr 07
:-a
Re: I’m Not Leaving Labour Party, Obi Replies NLC by Ofunaofu: 6:38pm On Apr 07
Richtaiwo:

Okay. These are the types of clap backs expected from gringory followers. They are very "intelligent" in their responses. grin grin grin

Taiwo, Peter Obi is not the reason you are frustrated. Channel this energy towards Tinubu, whose calamitous economic policies have ensured that you are frustrated.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not Leaving Labour Party, Obi Replies NLC by victorclean(f): 6:40pm On Apr 07
FreeStuffsNG:

LP had a state Governor, Senators, HOR, HoA etc before Obi and Oti wink

He is the face of labor party and once he leaves, labor party will be empty

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not Leaving Labour Party, Obi Replies NLC by StOla: 6:42pm On Apr 07
Empty words.

Even when you vowed to die with APGA, you still left like the political opportunist that you are.

A man without truth, integrity, or honour.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I’m Not Leaving Labour Party, Obi Replies NLC by omowolewa: 6:42pm On Apr 07
Obi should go back to PDP where it all started

1 Like

Re: I’m Not Leaving Labour Party, Obi Replies NLC by TI1919(m): 7:03pm On Apr 07
Very intresting
Re: I’m Not Leaving Labour Party, Obi Replies NLC by Okoroawusa: 7:08pm On Apr 07
Lamba

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Not Leaving Labour Party, Obi Replies NLC by kestolove95(m): 7:23pm On Apr 07
thesicilian:

Goes without saying.
If he couldn't defeat Tinubu in a free and fair election, despite the assistance from VAR (Emefiele and his cashless policy), is it in 2027 that Tinubu has the power of incumbency that Obi will now be able to defeat him?
By 2031 the North will want to have their own turn, so the only way he can step foot in Aso Rock is by becoming a vice president to a northerner.
By 2039 when it is the turn of the south again, he'll be around 76yrs, too old to be taken seriously considering his track record of failures. Nigerians will rather have a younger more competent Easterner then than Obi.

by 2039 we are giving south south not south east..

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Not Leaving Labour Party, Obi Replies NLC by Juliusganduje: 8:12pm On Apr 07
Nigerians loves and adores Peter Obi.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not Leaving Labour Party, Obi Replies NLC by DeeNet1: 8:12pm On Apr 07
Normally
Re: I’m Not Leaving Labour Party, Obi Replies NLC by Tjra: 8:12pm On Apr 07
I pity who dey trust this man. Same way he swore never to leave APGA.

Obi can never be trusted. He is a betrayer.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I’m Not Leaving Labour Party, Obi Replies NLC by Helpfromabove1(m): 8:12pm On Apr 07
Will Labour Party or even Obi still be able to command such strength like he did in the last election even in the next election

The only hope for Obi or anyone is for apc to shut itself in the leg

And from recent economic recovery it seems like Tinubu is gradually getting on track

Dollar to naira now at 1250 with still much potential of getting to 800 if dangote and refineries start selling petrol

Diesel now around 1300

Petrol about to drop to 400 or 300

And now trying to replicate same with power sector

I m beginning to gradually believe tinubu can do better than Buhari

12 Likes

Re: I’m Not Leaving Labour Party, Obi Replies NLC by Dittodat: 8:12pm On Apr 07
Clown grin grin grin grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Not Leaving Labour Party, Obi Replies NLC by Skooltynz: 8:13pm On Apr 07
We die here no going back labour is now a brand APC the neocolonialist party will destroy your reputation dont go.

Meanwhile yabatech part-time form is now out to close 15th of may,if interested call
zero eight one two four zero six four three five three
Re: I’m Not Leaving Labour Party, Obi Replies NLC by BondRiv: 8:13pm On Apr 07
I wouldn't count on it. He has proven not to be a man of his word.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Not Leaving Labour Party, Obi Replies NLC by Dittodat: 8:13pm On Apr 07
thesicilian:

Goes without saying.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m Not Leaving Labour Party, Obi Replies NLC by ipobarecriminals: 8:14pm On Apr 07
grin HIM TU LIE. Ikemba GburuGburu don CURSED OBI sad

3 Likes

Re: I’m Not Leaving Labour Party, Obi Replies NLC by ogolemati: 8:14pm On Apr 07
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin heartache to agbero union of nairaland. grin grin grin grin grin grin help

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

You’re Racist, Lebanese Accuse Nigerian Immigration. / FG Increases Saraki's Charges From 16 To 18, Case Adjourned To February 23 / Tension in the Villa as Buhari threatens to dump 2nd term bid on health grounds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.