Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,638 members, 7,813,117 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:22 AM

Salami's Panel Rejects Magu's Defence - Sources - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Salami's Panel Rejects Magu's Defence - Sources (19419 Views)

Magu Killed High-profile Cases While Chasing After ‘yahoo Boys’; Salami Panel / Panel Rejects LCC's Request To ‘take Back’ Lekki Tollgate / Salami Rejects Magu’s Demand To Invite Buhari’s COS, Minister, Ends Probe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Salami's Panel Rejects Magu's Defence - Sources by oshozondii: 8:22pm On Jul 21, 2020
The presidential panel probing Ibrahim Magu, suspended chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), has rejected his defence, TheCable has learnt.

Magu, who was arrested on July 6 and whisked before the panel sitting at the presidential villa in Abuja, was detained for 10 days.

The panel headed by Ayo Salami, former president of the court of panel, has not formally served Magu with the allegations levelled against him.

A source told TheCable that Wahab Shittu, Magu’s lawyer, had filed a defence based on the allegations in circulation.

“Magu’s counsel sent in a defence to the presidential panel but it was rejected,” the source said.

“The panel wondered why the lawyer came up with the defence when Magu had not even been presented with the allegations. Panel members were taken aback on the reaction of the lawyer.”

Shittu neither answered calls nor responded to a text message seeking his comment on the development.

While in detention, Magu had requested to see a copy of the allegations to enable him prepare for defence.

Magu’s lawyer had also asked that a copy of the report of the presidential audit committee which probed the EFCC between May 2015 and May 2020; a copy of the memo of Abubakar Malami, attorney-general of the federation (AGF), individual petitions submitted to the panel be made available to his client.

After regaining freedom, the former acting chairman of the EFCC had described the allegations against him as “nonsense”, saying he was shocked when he read them in newspapers.

“They are nonsense. They are mere trump up allegations to tarnish my image and that of the EFCC. I did not steal or divert or convert funds to private use. I read the allegations and I was shocked,” he had said.

He, however, promised to cooperate with the panel.

Magu’s travails followed a memo by Malami who accused him of grave malfeasance.

He was alleged to have mishandled the recovered loot and sold seized assets to associates.

He was also alleged to have refused to subject himself to the supervision of the office of the attorney-general.

https://www.thecable.ng/exclusive-salami-panel-rejects-magus-defence/amp

3 Likes

Re: Salami's Panel Rejects Magu's Defence - Sources by thinktalker: 8:32pm On Jul 21, 2020
Ok
Re: Salami's Panel Rejects Magu's Defence - Sources by Slawormir: 8:34pm On Jul 21, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Magu don't know what he has put his hand into

After regaining freedom, the former acting chairman of the EFCC had described the allegations against him as “nonsense”, saying he was shocked when he read them in newspapers.

Isoright... everybody just dey shock for this country

No naked wire before

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Salami's Panel Rejects Magu's Defence - Sources by gambia(m): 8:35pm On Jul 21, 2020
I weep for this country, You guys should go and rest jor. It seems Nigerians have moved on from Uwa Omozuwa's case??  Where are those slay mamas protesting  then, it seems their attention has been diverted to BB Naija. I rest my case on this country.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salami's Panel Rejects Magu's Defence - Sources by Zico5(m): 8:35pm On Jul 21, 2020
Justice Salami is just wasting his time. Nothing will happen to Magu. Buhari doesn't care how much u loot so far u are from the North. What happened to the former secretary to the government of federation? what of others I couldn't mention? The dust will calm soon and everything will go back to reset default. We don't have a president.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Salami's Panel Rejects Magu's Defence - Sources by inoki247: 8:35pm On Jul 21, 2020
You reject his defense why is he still free goan carry him nd lock him up like Dasuki nd throw the key away....
Re: Salami's Panel Rejects Magu's Defence - Sources by Comedian2019: 8:35pm On Jul 21, 2020
Magu's case never finish, NDDC matter don join.
Useless, kwarapt criminals.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Salami's Panel Rejects Magu's Defence - Sources by crown08(m): 8:36pm On Jul 21, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Salami's Panel Rejects Magu's Defence - Sources by airminem(f): 8:36pm On Jul 21, 2020
Garbar shehun should shut up his 'runway'. Now Who is magu? He should be subjected to all kind of humilation from the panel, Just as his alleged fraudstar victims have suffered. Prosecute this nittwit

4 Likes

Re: Salami's Panel Rejects Magu's Defence - Sources by techmo(m): 8:36pm On Jul 21, 2020
cool

What sort of fvckery is Buhari is trying with our constitution?

Is a mere panel of enquiry headed by a ritired Judge now a fvcking constituted Law Court with Jurisdiction on Prosecution?

*First a panel of inquiry now has jurisdiction to detain people in Nigeria

*So response to allegations made on anybody can be rejected? SARS officer: you are Yahoo boys, Youth; no am not? SARS ; I reject your defense you are going to jail

*Now they are rejecting Defense as a mere panelists

Why not take the fvcking Report of enquiry and defense to a fvcking court of law if they have any case

this was the same wey panelists started shuting Akpabio off telling him is okay is okay turn off the mic

6 Likes

Re: Salami's Panel Rejects Magu's Defence - Sources by lifeagain22: 8:36pm On Jul 21, 2020
Let Justice Prevail. Staphylococus aureus Cure.Tested and Trusted . www.gardennaturalhealth.com
Re: Salami's Panel Rejects Magu's Defence - Sources by krissy111(f): 8:36pm On Jul 21, 2020
Hi. Check my profile
Re: Salami's Panel Rejects Magu's Defence - Sources by Pogba12: 8:37pm On Jul 21, 2020
Magu is finished.

Re: Salami's Panel Rejects Magu's Defence - Sources by Abdulhakeem78(m): 8:37pm On Jul 21, 2020
Magu ti gungi re koja ewee.
Re: Salami's Panel Rejects Magu's Defence - Sources by obazo1: 8:37pm On Jul 21, 2020

Something ain't right.

Magu need to thread carefully...

At the moment, the cards been played are against him.
Re: Salami's Panel Rejects Magu's Defence - Sources by Chirowman(m): 8:37pm On Jul 21, 2020
good
Re: Salami's Panel Rejects Magu's Defence - Sources by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jul 21, 2020
Selling my s20 for 300k. Come to whatsapp if interested
Re: Salami's Panel Rejects Magu's Defence - Sources by jice(m): 8:39pm On Jul 21, 2020
krissy111:
Hi. Check my profile

The Magu gate has been closed by NDDC and Akpabio.
Re: Salami's Panel Rejects Magu's Defence - Sources by filleSouriante(f): 8:40pm On Jul 21, 2020
Look at me baby, call me zaddy, re u ok? re u ok?.......magu magu magu magu

Abeg, if all of u like lock urself up, me I jus wan sing grin
Re: Salami's Panel Rejects Magu's Defence - Sources by Hotzone(m): 8:40pm On Jul 21, 2020
Akpo gang

Re: Salami's Panel Rejects Magu's Defence - Sources by GboyegaD(m): 8:40pm On Jul 21, 2020
Hmmm.... already acting guilty.
Re: Salami's Panel Rejects Magu's Defence - Sources by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:41pm On Jul 21, 2020
Uok
Re: Salami's Panel Rejects Magu's Defence - Sources by Skoolface01: 8:41pm On Jul 21, 2020
Oga Magu, example of thief wet dey pursue thief
Re: Salami's Panel Rejects Magu's Defence - Sources by OLDESTWARRIBOY: 8:41pm On Jul 21, 2020
Magu
Malami
Salami
Buhari
Buratai
Akpabio

Birds of same feather
Everyday for the thief, one day for the owner

Re: Salami's Panel Rejects Magu's Defence - Sources by izzyboi(m): 8:41pm On Jul 21, 2020
Let justice prevail!

Buy, sell or swap your phone on [url]phonedey.com.ng[/url]

Sell data there too

Re: Salami's Panel Rejects Magu's Defence - Sources by adioolayi(m): 8:41pm On Jul 21, 2020
grin....We all know na
Re: Salami's Panel Rejects Magu's Defence - Sources by chukwuibuipob: 8:42pm On Jul 21, 2020

Re: Salami's Panel Rejects Magu's Defence - Sources by Therebellion: 8:42pm On Jul 21, 2020
Yes!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anambra Guber: APGA Considers Female Professor As Umeoji's Running Mate / Tinubu: I Didn't Say I Will Fight Dirty, I Said No Insult Will Make Me Back Down / How Cold War In Lagos APC Caused Rejection Of Sanwo-olu’s Cabinet Nominees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.