Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Kano Suspends Eid-el-kabir Festivities Over COVID-19 - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Kano Suspends Eid-el-kabir Festivities Over COVID-19 (21343 Views)

New Moon Sighted, Sultan Of Sokoto Announces Date For 2021 Eid-el-kabir / Sallah Cow Forced Into A Small Car Ahead Of Eid-el-Kabir Celebration / Eid-el-kabir: Sultan Of Sokoto Declares September 1st Sallah Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano Suspends Eid-el-kabir Festivities Over COVID-19 by SamuelOamen: 1:24pm On Jul 22, 2020
To stop spread of coronavirus in Kano, the State Government on Wednesday suspended all traditional festivities in the forthcoming Eid-el-Kabir celebration.

The gathering for Hawan Daushe -the paying of visit on the Governor by Emirs and massing of Emirs at Shettima House, among other traditional outings by the Emirates have been suspended.

Commissioner for Information, Muhammad Garba, tokd reporters the decision was part of government’s efforts to consolidate on the successes achieved in the fight against Covid-9.

Eid-el-Kabir is the holiest festival in Muslims’ honouring the willingness of Prophet Ibrahim to sacrifice his son, Isma’il as an act of submission to God’s command, before God stopped him in his tracks, informing him his sacrifice had been accepted.

Garba said the suspension of the Sallah’s festivities was reached after a deliberation by members of the State Executive Council (SEC).

He said the Excos however granted the conduct of Eid-de-Kabir congregational prayers across the state under strict observance of social distancing and other COVID-19 safety orders at praying grounds.

He announced the State Government would assist in the provision of safety materials, such as face masks and hand sanitisers.

“All the five Emirs in Kano will go to the Eid prayer grounds in their respective domains in vehicles.

“There will however, be no gathering at Shettima House, and no gathering for Hawan Daushe, Hawan Nassarawa and other traditional outings in the Emirates.

“The exercise will be supervised by government officials in their various domains to ensure worshipers comply with the Covid-19 safety protocols,” Garba said.

https://thenationonlineng.net/kano-suspends-eid-el-kabir-festivities-over-covid-19/

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Suspends Eid-el-kabir Festivities Over COVID-19 by Arrewa: 1:49pm On Jul 22, 2020
Again?
We are going to miss another Durban sallah festival in kano!

Damn!

God bless kano state!!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kano Suspends Eid-el-kabir Festivities Over COVID-19 by OgThanos: 2:41pm On Jul 22, 2020
Ramadan festival wasn't suspended..
So will eld Kabir.. The prayer will be definitely observed, just the big emir festival can be suspended, I guess.

2 Likes

Re: Kano Suspends Eid-el-kabir Festivities Over COVID-19 by MsAllison(f): 2:42pm On Jul 22, 2020
chaiii so my boo Aliyu will no bring me my normal ram share this year cry
yolika amir zamiri yalakamir
amin cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kano Suspends Eid-el-kabir Festivities Over COVID-19 by deboysben(m): 2:42pm On Jul 22, 2020
Bad market for cattle sellers
Re: Kano Suspends Eid-el-kabir Festivities Over COVID-19 by nurez305(m): 2:43pm On Jul 22, 2020
Suspend the prayer or suspend the whole festiva

1 Like

Re: Kano Suspends Eid-el-kabir Festivities Over COVID-19 by jumper524(m): 2:55pm On Jul 22, 2020
DamnNiggar:
Dammmmnnn Nigarrrr

Isoright

Honestly what the moderators are doing in this forum is bad.

For Christian thread you open it up for everyone but all Muslim threads are locked except you say you are a member

This is very very bad

Seun

Lalasticlala
This is absolutely bad and you are all preaching against religious discrimination undecided

Very bad I repeat.

How can you open christian threads to Muslims and anyone to comment and then for Muslims you forcefully put your believe in someone's proile
well your correct.
But thing is many christains folks portray negative attitude which is unacceptable.
The oath is just to moderate the activities.
In the past, no be small negative comments you for don see oo.
Even with the oath, some still come in to spew trash.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Suspends Eid-el-kabir Festivities Over COVID-19 by thaoriginator: 2:55pm On Jul 22, 2020
DamnNiggar:
Dammmmnnn Nigarrrr

Isoright

Honestly what the moderators are doing in this forum is bad.

For Christian thread you open it up for everyone but all Muslim threads are locked except you say you are a member

This is very very bad

Seun

Lalasticlala
This is absolutely bad and you are all preaching against religious discrimination undecided

Very bad I repeat.

How can you open christian threads to Muslims and anyone to comment and then for Muslims you forcefully put your believe in someone's proile
isoright my little neega.

The restriction is there because of some Christian religious extremists that only come here to spew trash and cause gobe.. No be discrimination Na protection from wicked hearted troublesome conniving scums cry

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kano Suspends Eid-el-kabir Festivities Over COVID-19 by IJOBA2: 3:01pm On Jul 22, 2020
ALHAJI RILWAYNE001 I GREET OHgrin
Re: Kano Suspends Eid-el-kabir Festivities Over COVID-19 by IJOBA2: 3:03pm On Jul 22, 2020
URUEGO ARE YOU A MUSLIM
Re: Kano Suspends Eid-el-kabir Festivities Over COVID-19 by Kingzeez10: 3:04pm On Jul 22, 2020
DamnNiggar:

Let their be aoth too on Christian threads if seun, lalasticlala wants to do the right thing.

This seriously is discrimination of the highest level and shows that the owner of this forum is a Muslim and biased

We are preaching one Nigeria yet we could show that there are different people in this country

This is bad seun, lalasticlala this is my protest.

If you must do the right thing put same oath on Christian threads that is how to do it rightly

Let non Muslims choose whether to comment or not
A muslim will never stoop so low commenting thrash on Christians thread. Muslims mind their business, they believe everyone can't be Muslim so they respect other people's chosen religion.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kano Suspends Eid-el-kabir Festivities Over COVID-19 by uruego(f): 3:04pm On Jul 22, 2020
So why moderate for Muslims alone?

jumper524:
well your correct.
But thing is many christains folks portray negative attitude which is unacceptable.
The oath is just to moderate the activities.
In the past, no be small negative comments you for don see oo.
Even with the oath, some still come in to spew trash.

6 Likes

Re: Kano Suspends Eid-el-kabir Festivities Over COVID-19 by Kingzeez10: 3:05pm On Jul 22, 2020
uruego:
You are an idiot for this your useless response.
Imo Ale. Idiotic religion you practise, mtcheeew

What do you gain now for calling other people's religion idiotic

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Suspends Eid-el-kabir Festivities Over COVID-19 by Kingzeez10: 3:06pm On Jul 22, 2020
uruego:

Because of people like you

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kano Suspends Eid-el-kabir Festivities Over COVID-19 by Kingzeez10: 3:13pm On Jul 22, 2020
DamnNiggar:

Leave this matter for another thread.

Are you in Nigeria presently

Thy are peaceful and loving people you said?

Do you reside in the north??

Just leave this matter
Going by notion that means it's only North that has Muslims we don't have Muslims in other regions. Learn to differentiate Muslims from political terrorist. Have you ever think that if terrorism is Muslim thing, every Muslims irrespective of their region should be a terrorist.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kano Suspends Eid-el-kabir Festivities Over COVID-19 by FantasticJ: 3:40pm On Jul 22, 2020
Akanoaaa:

Don't say that again. Muslim sees other people who are not practicing their religion as evil people.

Then, you know nothing about Islam.

Allah told Prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) that "If he wants, everyone will be birth a Muslim"
So, Muslim understand that you cannot force your religion on others.

And don't give me terrorist act to say all Muslim are terrorist, because if you do, then I have nothing else to say to you.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Suspends Eid-el-kabir Festivities Over COVID-19 by leksite120(m): 3:40pm On Jul 22, 2020
Akanoaaa:

Don't say that again. Muslim sees other people who are not practicing their religion as evil people.
If I may ask , where are u living? North?, South west? South East?
Re: Kano Suspends Eid-el-kabir Festivities Over COVID-19 by jumper524(m): 3:47pm On Jul 22, 2020
uruego:

the negative attitude are mostly from christains folks. How often do you see Muslim folks spew trash on christains related threads insulting and condemning Christianity?

2 Likes

Re: Kano Suspends Eid-el-kabir Festivities Over COVID-19 by Kingzeez10: 3:47pm On Jul 22, 2020
Akanoaaa:

You're talking about religion extremists and fanatics not a good Muslim. A good Muslim won't force his religion on people talk less of seeing them as evil and when talking of religious fanatics 70% of Nairaland Christians belong to that group, calling Muslims unprintable names, forcing their religion on Muslims, swearing the Muslim oath just because they want to abuse Muslims to mention few. I repeat it again you will never see a muslim on Nairaland that will open the Christian threads and start to abuse them.

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

China Bans Ramadan For Muslim Students / How Can We Fight This Jinn? It Wants To Ruin My Marriage / What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.