Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,462 members, 7,846,926 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 07:37 AM

Senate Seeks Extension Of Free Education To Senior Secondary Schools. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Seeks Extension Of Free Education To Senior Secondary Schools. (12271 Views)

Nigeria Seeks Extension Of Closing Date For World Bank's $500m 'COVID-19' Loan / SERAP Seeks Extension Of Voters’ Registration Deadline / Robert Clarke Seeks Extension Of Buhari’s Tenure, To Be Extended Every Six Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Seeks Extension Of Free Education To Senior Secondary Schools. by MasterDreamz: 5:21pm On Jul 22, 2020
Re: Senate Seeks Extension Of Free Education To Senior Secondary Schools. by Owned: 5:21pm On Jul 22, 2020
This life no balance at all

Re: Senate Seeks Extension Of Free Education To Senior Secondary Schools. by nextstep(m): 5:21pm On Jul 22, 2020
Normally this is a good thing, but this is not what Nigeria needs right now.

Even now, free primary education is not that good. That same budget will now be spread even more thinly. We barely have functioning government universities/polys (which are heavily subsidized). If there is money, please use it for grants or low-interest loans for entrepreneurs - that's what will drive the economy.

At any rate, it appears senators are just looking for the next sector to run down as they siphon funds... undecided

1 Like

Re: Senate Seeks Extension Of Free Education To Senior Secondary Schools. by EddyRex: 5:22pm On Jul 22, 2020
When will this legislooters sponsor bill or enact laws dat will accelerates life in prisonment or capital punishments 4 looters.
Re: Senate Seeks Extension Of Free Education To Senior Secondary Schools. by Christane: 5:22pm On Jul 22, 2020
Re: Senate Seeks Extension Of Free Education To Senior Secondary Schools. by semyman: 5:26pm On Jul 22, 2020
Without reducing their over bloated allowances?
Re: Senate Seeks Extension Of Free Education To Senior Secondary Schools. by dalass(f): 5:28pm On Jul 22, 2020
Dreal1247:
It may surprise you to know that some of the people behind the high cost of education in Nigeria are actually products of scholarships. Kudos to Rochas Okorocha.

You're right.

But will Buhari sign it into law without borrowing more money than what the future generation can't pay?

North hates western education... Let's wait and see how it goes. grin
Re: Senate Seeks Extension Of Free Education To Senior Secondary Schools. by dinoplus: 5:28pm On Jul 22, 2020
We've not finished fainting, yet another drama is loading... grin
Re: Senate Seeks Extension Of Free Education To Senior Secondary Schools. by mjabdulk: 5:29pm On Jul 22, 2020
where is free universal basic education here in Nigeria in which pupils in primary schools and students in junior secondary schools are still paying school fees
Re: Senate Seeks Extension Of Free Education To Senior Secondary Schools. by airminem(f): 5:30pm On Jul 22, 2020
They should also extend palliatives to the secondary schools through school feeding scheme.
Re: Senate Seeks Extension Of Free Education To Senior Secondary Schools. by Opmic: 5:30pm On Jul 22, 2020
Is there an active free education for primary and junior school,
I can;t find one in my local government
Re: Senate Seeks Extension Of Free Education To Senior Secondary Schools. by dalass(f): 5:32pm On Jul 22, 2020
nextstep:
Normally this is a good thing, but this is not what Nigeria needs right now.

Even now, free primary education is not that good. That same budget will now be spread even more thinly. We barely have functioning government universities/polys (which are heavily subsidized). If there is money, please use it for grants or low-interest loans for entrepreneurs - that's what will drive the economy.

At any rate, it appears senators are just looking for the next sector to run down as they siphon funds... undecided

Correct analysis smiley

FG that can't properly fund its Basic education up to Junior school. Can't fund tertiary institutions or healthcare and their workers...

They should not just water everything down to become worse than what it is presently because even now qualitative education is virtually non existent in this country.
Re: Senate Seeks Extension Of Free Education To Senior Secondary Schools. by HeavenlyHolines(m): 5:36pm On Jul 22, 2020
I laugh when Nigerians talk about free education in this 21st century. They should lend about Finland educational system because it's this same free education that crumble educational system in government secondary schools where you will find hundreds of students in a class and outdated curriculum and teachers.

1 Like

Re: Senate Seeks Extension Of Free Education To Senior Secondary Schools. by loadedvibes: 6:02pm On Jul 22, 2020
Free education is the begining of our problems in this country.

School is not for everybody .. everybody cannot and should not go for formal education.

Our reps no dey think..

Well since we are talking about education get your kids Educational Tablets now. Let your kids learn as they play. View my profile for my contacts now
Re: Senate Seeks Extension Of Free Education To Senior Secondary Schools. by haprol4u(m): 6:04pm On Jul 22, 2020
This will be great.
Re: Senate Seeks Extension Of Free Education To Senior Secondary Schools. by ekestic1976(f): 6:10pm On Jul 22, 2020
Good one there.
Re: Senate Seeks Extension Of Free Education To Senior Secondary Schools. by sigiyaya(m): 6:26pm On Jul 22, 2020
Dreal1247:
It may surprise you to know that some of the people behind the high cost of education in Nigeria are actually products of scholarships. Kudos to Rochas Okorocha.
them never provided quality education when you are paying not to talk of when it is made free. Okorocha is the grand commander of free education in Imo state but non of his children benefited from his nice gesture to Imo people.

Can you visit my house and watch me cook delicious Egusi soup with stock fish, shaki, and goat meat and when i am done cooking i dish out some for you to eat and then take a flask and when went to a near by restaurant to go and buy the same Egusi soup that i just finished cooking and also gave you some potion to eat. Bro when i return and start eating the Egusi i bought from the restaurant in your present will you continue to eat the Egusi that i gave you to eat. Please answer me my brother cry
Re: Senate Seeks Extension Of Free Education To Senior Secondary Schools. by officialsaw01(m): 6:27pm On Jul 22, 2020
It's free already na.
Re: Senate Seeks Extension Of Free Education To Senior Secondary Schools. by DelphiOracle(m): 6:41pm On Jul 22, 2020
Shakaranews2020:
Another scam loading. Would be a great one though.
Meanwhile, See our rating for the top 6 Most Handsome and Hottest Bbnaija Season 5 Housemates
What can you say about our rating? Fair?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zA3vXcERI0
wetin concern bbn for this thread
Re: Senate Seeks Extension Of Free Education To Senior Secondary Schools. by DelphiOracle(m): 6:43pm On Jul 22, 2020
topresearch:
[/color]The former governor in a statement by his media office on Wednesday said the bill when passed into law would ensure that Nigerian children are able to access qualitative education up to senior secondary school level.[color=#000099]
qualitative education? In public schools? In Nigeria? Is he dreaming?
Re: Senate Seeks Extension Of Free Education To Senior Secondary Schools. by Almunjid(m): 6:53pm On Jul 22, 2020
mrvitalis:
This is crazy ...free education got us to this useless point we are

This is the awolowo policy we adopted that brought us the low quality of graduates

Education is never for everyone that's the sad reality ....it's better to have one well educated graduate to having 10 half baked graduate

Make education expensive then mandate multinational to train smart people which certain level of scores and if they maintain it

Imagine if we paid 200k as school fees to government per term ...we won't all take rubbish quality na ...

In terms of education I'm with Zik ...people should pay to get educated , communities should come together to train the best brains they have ...our output would be bigger in the long run
It's secondary not tertiary institutions 0oo. U mean communities should come together to train the best brain to secondary schools?
Free basic education has increased Nigeria's literacy level.
Re: Senate Seeks Extension Of Free Education To Senior Secondary Schools. by mrvitalis(m): 6:55pm On Jul 22, 2020
Almunjid:

It's secondary not tertiary institutions 0oo. U mean communities should come together to train the best brain to secondary schools?
Free basic education has increased Nigeria's literacy level.
It would take u over 50 million a year to run a world class secondary school can our government afford that ? ? Can they

If u don't want to keep producing people like buhari and our chief judge ...we need to fund it well
Re: Senate Seeks Extension Of Free Education To Senior Secondary Schools. by moshark06(m): 6:56pm On Jul 22, 2020
Toyota Camry 2005 for sale

Just 6 months old
Perfect condition
Price #1,360,000

Dm me 09033121679

Present location: lagos, you can reach me from any state .

Re: Senate Seeks Extension Of Free Education To Senior Secondary Schools. by Hunchogee: 6:57pm On Jul 22, 2020
ObaofNigeria:
this has been a thing seen like 2007 in akwa ibom state instituted by akpabio that you pple are dragging. I did not even know that some thing that is taken for granted in aks is a luxury in other parts of Nigeria. that was how you pple praised aks road network and I was just thinking is it the same road that my pple say we haven't even started ��
I should travel more maybe then I will see how blessed akwa ibom is
God bless you bro..Akwa Ibom is so blessed...the kingdom is the pride of Nigeria
Re: Senate Seeks Extension Of Free Education To Senior Secondary Schools. by WIXE(m): 6:59pm On Jul 22, 2020
Madness, that is another Avenue for them to loot more money,,
Re: Senate Seeks Extension Of Free Education To Senior Secondary Schools. by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 7:20pm On Jul 22, 2020
Good for the Masses
Re: Senate Seeks Extension Of Free Education To Senior Secondary Schools. by Ghostmode2two(m): 7:40pm On Jul 22, 2020
I hope it is not another audio tins. They should also build more secondary schools. In my area we have just two public secondary schools and private secondary are more than 10. Proposing free education for secondary schools is good but not good enough
Re: Senate Seeks Extension Of Free Education To Senior Secondary Schools. by FullBlastLight: 7:53pm On Jul 22, 2020
mrvitalis:
This is crazy ...free education got us to this useless point we are

This is the awolowo policy we adopted that brought us the low quality of graduates

Education is never for everyone that's the sad reality ....it's better to have one well educated graduate to having 10 half baked graduate

Make education expensive then mandate multinational to train smart people which certain level of scores and if they maintain it

Imagine if we paid 200k as school fees to government per term ...we won't all take rubbish quality na ...

In terms of education I'm with Zik ...people should pay to get educated , communities should come together to train the best brains they have ...our output would be bigger in the long run

Wit dt ur submission, I beg 2 differ, u're simply on ur own!

Who are d pple 2 pay 4 d expensive education u're suggesting?

Is it d already critically immiserated masses?

Or don't u think if they so do in a poverty-stricken Nation as Nig, education wil automatically bcom d birthright of d well-to-dos?

And most of d rich pple's children ain't as brainy as d poor pple's children! Think abt dt already!

At d end of d day, d brains of those poor children dt wld hv benefited d Nation massively in d future, if developed, wil then get atrophied or wasted away!

Or, how wld u even define Social Justice within d context of pple's govt if d commoners can't access qualitative & functional education provided by d govt?
Re: Senate Seeks Extension Of Free Education To Senior Secondary Schools. by mrvitalis(m): 7:59pm On Jul 22, 2020
FullBlastLight:

Wit dt ur submission, I beg 2 differ, u're simply on ur own!

Who are d pple 2 pay 4 d expensive education u're suggesting?

Is it d already critically immiserated masses?

Or don't u think if they so do in a poverty-stricken Nation as Nig, education wil automatically bcom d birthright of d well-to-dos?

And most of d rich pple's children ain't as brainy as d poor pple's children! Think abt dt already!

At d end of d day, d brains of those poor children dt wld hv benefited d Nation massively in d future, if developed, wil then get atrophied or wasted away!

Or, how wld u even define Social Justice within d context of pple's govt if d commoners can't access qualitative & functional education provided by d govt?
There should be scholarship for the poor intelligent students ...so if u must go to school as a poor man u have to be smart and work hard
Re: Senate Seeks Extension Of Free Education To Senior Secondary Schools. by Almunjid(m): 8:06pm On Jul 22, 2020
mrvitalis:

It would take u over 50 million a year to run a world class secondary school can our government afford that ? ? Can they

If u don't want to keep producing people like buhari and our chief judge ...we need to fund it well
Since they can't run a world class secondary school, would u rather prefer they use all they have to run a half way world class secondary for 20% leaving 80% in illiteracy? Half bread they said is better than none. It's the same half baked educational system that u graduated from. I'm not sure ur parent could afford the world class secondary sch you're talking about.
If not for free universal free basic education, most Nigerians can't read nor write.
Let's worry about our literacy level first b4 we worry about world class standard, we'll eventually get there some day.
Re: Senate Seeks Extension Of Free Education To Senior Secondary Schools. by lordaltruist(m): 8:08pm On Jul 22, 2020
airminem:
They should also extend palliatives to the secondary schools through school feeding scheme.

See your mouth, chop chop lol.
The one wey you dey chop for house never do you, you still wan eat for school join am, chai lol.
Re: Senate Seeks Extension Of Free Education To Senior Secondary Schools. by mrvitalis(m): 8:10pm On Jul 22, 2020
Almunjid:

Since they can't run a world class secondary school, would u rather prefer they use all they have to run a half way world class secondary for 20% leaving 80% in illiteracy? Half bread they said is better than none. It's the same half baked educational system that u graduated from. I'm not sure ur parent could afford the world class secondary sch you're talking about.
If not for free universal free basic education, most Nigerians can't read nor write.
Let's worry about our literacy level first b4 we worry about world class standard, we'll eventually get there some day.
I rather have 20% fully educated population
Than 100% half backed graduates like we do today

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PMB's Men Plot Capture Of Petroleum Sector With Controversial Appointments / Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu ! / List Your Achievements, Agbaje Tells Sanwo-olu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.