Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,980 members, 7,852,305 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:44 PM

Senate Seeks Extension Of Free Education To Senior Secondary Schools. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Seeks Extension Of Free Education To Senior Secondary Schools. (12275 Views)

Nigeria Seeks Extension Of Closing Date For World Bank's $500m 'COVID-19' Loan / SERAP Seeks Extension Of Voters’ Registration Deadline / Robert Clarke Seeks Extension Of Buhari’s Tenure, To Be Extended Every Six Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Seeks Extension Of Free Education To Senior Secondary Schools. by FullBlastLight: 8:17pm On Jul 22, 2020
mrvitalis:

There should be scholarship for the poor intelligent students ...so if u must go to school as a poor man u have to be smart and work hard

In fact, not jst d intelligent indigent students alone, it shld also capture d average students!

U know why? It's simply because of d mysteries & ironies of life!

Some averagely intelligent students may end up being fantastic contributors 2 human development, nation building or national development in diff fields!

Many pple around d globe who were of average intelligence during their sch days hv interestingly metamorphosed productively into distinguished state or national icons at diff capacities in their respective climes!

Frm d foregoing, I'll stil wanna advocate equal opportunity 4 all, regardless of their IQ level, except 4 those who are genuinely disinterested in schooling & of course may wanna get into some trades, crafts & etc!
Re: Senate Seeks Extension Of Free Education To Senior Secondary Schools. by lordaltruist(m): 8:24pm On Jul 22, 2020
ObaofNigeria:
this has been a thing seen like 2007 in akwa ibom state instituted by akpabio that you pple are dragging. I did not even know that some thing that is taken for granted in aks is a luxury in other parts of Nigeria. that was how you pple praised aks road network and I was just thinking is it the same road that my pple say we haven't even started ��
I should travel more maybe then I will see how blessed akwa ibom is

I have been a big critics of government schools due to my experience in the government schools in the state I reside until Akpabio declared free and compulsory education and so I decided to change location thus I boarded in one of the government schools in my state and up till today I am a testament to the fact that government schools are the best with the most qualified staffs though I don't know about other states but truly aside from the fact that in government schools, you are not forced to learn, it still remains the best.
Re: Senate Seeks Extension Of Free Education To Senior Secondary Schools. by Almunjid(m): 8:52pm On Jul 22, 2020
mrvitalis:

I rather have 20% fully educated population
Than 100% half backed graduates like we do today
Ur preference can't change anything only u can. If u want Nigeria to run a world class secondary school, be the change u want to see in Nigeria. Join politics and when u rise to the right position, make our educational standard ur priority. Majority of our leaders aren't there for that purpose. However, base on the fact that we're still a developing country, I'll prefer a rise in our literacy level, we can't spend our fortune to build a world class school on a sand without a good foundation.
Would u prefer to have 20% of our population extremely rich while 80% languish in eternal impoverishment? Free basic education is like poverty alleviation scheme.
U need to review ur stand on our literacy level. The saner climes u want us to emulate started by working on their literacy level. One step at a time buddy.

Peace!
Re: Senate Seeks Extension Of Free Education To Senior Secondary Schools. by mrvitalis(m): 9:04pm On Jul 22, 2020
Almunjid:

Ur preference can't change anything only u can. If u want Nigeria to run a world class secondary school, be the change u want to see in Nigeria. Join politics and when u rise to the right position, make our educational standard ur priority. Majority of our leaders aren't there for that purpose. However, base on the fact that we're still a developing country, I'll prefer a rise in our literacy level, we can't spend our fortune to build a world class school on a sand without a good foundation.
Would u prefer to have 20% of our population extremely rich while 80% languish in eternal impoverishment? Free basic education is like poverty alleviation scheme.
U need to review ur stand on our literacy level. The saner climes u want us to emulate started by working on their literacy level. One step at a time buddy.

Peace!
I can't run n win in politics because most Nigerians are dumb

20% would be so efficient they would create better living standard for the rest

Idiots like buhari won't be commissioned , our Chief judge won't even get admitted to be a lawyer we would have far better Brian piloting the affairs of Nigeria
Re: Senate Seeks Extension Of Free Education To Senior Secondary Schools. by mrvitalis(m): 9:05pm On Jul 22, 2020
FullBlastLight:

In fact, not jst d intelligent indigent students alone, it shld also capture d average students!

U know why? It's simply because of d mysteries & ironies of life!

Some averagely intelligent students may end up being fantastic contributors 2 human development, nation building or national development in diff fields!

Many pple around d globe who were of average intelligence during their sch days hv interestingly metamorphosed productively into distinguished state or national icons at diff capacities in their respective climes!

Frm d foregoing, I'll stil wanna advocate equal opportunity 4 all, regardless of their IQ level, except 4 those who are genuinely disinterested in schooling & of course may wanna get into some trades, crafts & etc!
There should vocational education to cater for the average ... University is for research

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Seeks Extension Of Free Education To Senior Secondary Schools. by uchrikk(m): 9:23pm On Jul 22, 2020
Good idea.

He should add in the bill that the free education must be qualitative , not the type he left behind in Imo state with some remote secondary schools filled with students, because it was free, had only five teachers throughout the period. There is no way five teachers can effectively cover all the subjects in all the classes with large influx of students.

Anyway, most unserious students like it that way, so they take the time to play and gist. Parents don't care about the situation because they commit zero naira. Teachers who may feel concerned don't complain because, willy nilly, their salary will still come. And so, life continues. Soon the children will graduate. Good or bad, they've had "free education".
Re: Senate Seeks Extension Of Free Education To Senior Secondary Schools. by WelcomeToBiafra: 9:51pm On Jul 22, 2020
They have come again with this their useless propaganda to scams gullible people because of useless elections. We don't need Nigeria education in Biafraland anymore, take it to the North.

The restoration of Biafra Nation and the second coming of King Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB government will give us and upcoming generations everything irrespective of where you from in Biafraland.

Biafra Nation and her the government of all levels will give us quality education not this kind of education the zoo is killing us with.

Like as I said, take your Nigeria education to the North, or else...

Re: Senate Seeks Extension Of Free Education To Senior Secondary Schools. by WelcomeToBiafra: 10:11pm On Jul 22, 2020
FrMbaka:
[s][/s]

Rochas free education na scam.
He used his free education system to destroy the education system in Imo State,
Most Imo indigenes couldn't get admission in Imo State while people from other states get admission because they will pay for it.

You are right, I experienced the scam they called free education. Since the creation of Niggarea Educational systems yet nothing is working except corruption, terrorism, cultism and darkness everywhere.

These nigerian politicians are worst than Boko Haram terrorists. Time to scam gullibles with another lies as they are warming up for another fraudulent elections to positioning another looters.
Re: Senate Seeks Extension Of Free Education To Senior Secondary Schools. by Honcho1: 3:45am On Jul 23, 2020
All na scam
Re: Senate Seeks Extension Of Free Education To Senior Secondary Schools. by airminem(f): 8:57pm On Jul 23, 2020
tongue
lordaltruist:

See your mouth, chop chop lol.
The one wey you dey chop for house never do you, you still wan eat for school join am, chai lol.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

INEC: IREV Won’t Fail During Guber Polls, We’ve Activated Second Option / FG Pays Off 20,304 PHCN Workers / Kaduna Assembly Passes Bill On Master Plan Into Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.