Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,442 members, 7,850,552 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:19 AM

Moro District Heads Threaten Kwara Government With Violence - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Moro District Heads Threaten Kwara Government With Violence (2549 Views)

Katsina Insecurity: 12 District Heads Threaten To Abandon Communities / Kano District Heads Shun Ganduje, Attends Sanusi’s Dubar / Ganduje Orders District Heads To Shun Emir Sanusi At Kano Durbar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moro District Heads Threaten Kwara Government With Violence by MetaPhysical: 1:39am On Jul 25, 2020
Osaze007:

It was but it was under under old northern region all up to even kogi yorubas it was David Bamigboye that cut them off

Ilorin Emirates even covered bida at a time
Im not Yoruba but I know your history WELL

Dude,

Offa is why Ilorin Emirate did not extend Southward into present day Osun. What are you talking about? Which history?

Offa is the force that joined with Ibadan warriors to defeat Fulani.

They executed Yorubas in the Ilorin camp and drowned Fulanis and their horses as they fled the firestorm.

Offa is in Kwara....not every traditional title in Kwara is in the Emirate.

Offa has its own Oba Council...separate from Ilorin. It has never been under the Emirate....before or after Bamigboye.

You keep saying Christians will free Ilorin, was Mohammed Lawal a Christian?

No one has ever come close to toppling Emirate as Governor Lawal.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Moro District Heads Threaten Kwara Government With Violence by MetaPhysical: 1:49am On Jul 25, 2020
Osaze007:

It was but it was under under old northern region all up to even kogi yorubas it was David Bamigboye that cut them off

Ilorin Emirates even covered bida at a time
Im not Yoruba but I know your history WELL

Im not sure you know what an Emirate is and how the jurisdictions work.

I believe you got these things mixed up.

Bida is under a different clan entirely.
Re: Moro District Heads Threaten Kwara Government With Violence by Osaze007: 2:47am On Jul 25, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Dude,

Offa is why Ilorin Emirate did not extend Southward into present day Osun. What are you talking about? Which history?

They executed Yorubas in the Ilorin camp and drowned Fulanis and their horses as they fled the firestorm.

Offa has its own Oba Council...separate from Ilorin. It has never been under the Emirate....before or after Bamigboye.

I didn’t say offa was conquered by Ilorin
Jebba,Asa&moro were never conquered by Ilorin but are under Ilorin supervision
The British put offa under Ilorin jurisdictions same way Asa, Jebba & Moro
It was David that took it out
What Jebba is going through was kwara south went through till David got into power
Till then they have been having mostly Muslims Governors
Re: Moro District Heads Threaten Kwara Government With Violence by Osaze007: 2:55am On Jul 25, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Dude,

Your missing the point !
I said a Christain governor will free Asa, Moro & Jebba from Ilorin Emirates area of influence like David Bamigboye did with Offa allowing offa to have its own seperate council

The person that will free Ilorin is Ilorin people themselves

Since that David move
The Fulani Elites introduced Saraki to the local politics and held on tight by consistently providing muslim friendly yoruba government

That’s the bitter truth
Re: Moro District Heads Threaten Kwara Government With Violence by Osaze007: 3:00am On Jul 25, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Im not sure you know what an Emirate is and how the jurisdictions work.

I believe you got these things mixed up.

Bida is under a different clan entirely.

In fact to further buttress my point
MORO LGA which gave Semi autonomy was formed under pres olusegun Obasanjo aanother Yoruba Christain . You can see here David free kwara south
Elect 3 yoruba Christain governors back to back (24) years and kwara will be back into yoruba people’s hand

https://punchng.com/how-kwara-govt-ilorin-emirate-oppress-our-people-jimoh-moro-concerned-elders-movement-president/?amp=1

1 Like

Re: Moro District Heads Threaten Kwara Government With Violence by MetaPhysical: 5:19am On Jul 25, 2020
Osaze007:

I didn’t say offa was conquered by Ilorin
Jebba,Asa&moro were never conquered by Ilorin but are under Ilorin supervision
The British put offa under Ilorin jurisdictions same way Asa, Jebba & Moro
It was David that took it out
What Jebba is going through was kwara south went through till David got into power
Till then they have been having mostly Muslims Governors

David should have taken the Emirate out.
Re: Moro District Heads Threaten Kwara Government With Violence by Osaze007: 5:27am On Jul 25, 2020
MetaPhysical:

David should have taken the Emirate out.

Now your diverting topic
The people of Asa, Moro and Jebba want out of Ilorin Emirates system

The people of Ilorin can only decide to remove the emir
Re: Moro District Heads Threaten Kwara Government With Violence by MetaPhysical: 5:29am On Jul 25, 2020
Osaze007:

MORO LGA which gave Semi autonomy was formed under pres olusegun Obasanjo aanother Yoruba Christain . You can see here David free kwara south
Elect 3 yoruba Christain governors back to back (24) years and kwara will be back into yoruba people’s hand

https://punchng.com/how-kwara-govt-ilorin-emirate-oppress-our-people-jimoh-moro-concerned-elders-movement-president/?amp=1

It has nothing to do with christianity. I maintain, you do not know Ilorin or the Kwara people.

We have had two Christian rulers, Obj and Gej and yet persecution of Southern Kaduna persists under their watch.

What is a Christian governor going to do to remove Emirate in Ilorin?

Do you know who Mohammed Lawal was?

He was a direct descendant of Afonja.

You need an insider, a descendant of those that feel cheated in the power imbalance to ascent Governorship and get backing of the central govt.

Gov Lawal had eroded the Emirate's power so far that if he had secured another term the Emir would have been history.

Thats who you need, an insider....not someone from outside the family.

Study Ilorin history and update yourself on the current politics.

1 Like

Re: Moro District Heads Threaten Kwara Government With Violence by MetaPhysical: 5:36am On Jul 25, 2020
Osaze007:

Now your diverting topic
The people of Asa, Moro and Jebba want out of Ilorin Emirates system

The people of Ilorin can only decide to remove the emir

You are mixing things up.

Removing the Emir resolves the problem for Asa and Moro.

A governor comes in and grades the traditional rulers and take their jurisdictions out of Ilorin.

Next regime is another governor, he puts them back under Ilorin.

He is succeeded by one that separates them.

He is in turn succeeded by another that puts them back.

This has been the story....

Get the damn turban out of there and stop the add and remove back and forth.....
Re: Moro District Heads Threaten Kwara Government With Violence by MetaPhysical: 6:26am On Jul 25, 2020
Osaze007:

If your point is that Christianity is the rescue, you are misreading Kwara politics.

In fact Lawal, a muslim, did far more damage to Emirate than did David, a christian. Both were ex-military.

The upgrading , downgrading, upgrading, downgrading has been going on a long time. Its not a solution since a sitting governor can simply reverse what his predecessor did. See attachments.

Since 1999 there has not been a single christian governor. Kwara will be lucky to get christian governor succeed christian governor once....but will not happen twice. When it does happen....whatever anti Emirate policy they install will be dismantled when another muslim comes in.

Use facts on ground, not emotions, to understand Kwara politics.

See how the LGs have been tossed back and forth between successive govts.

What they need is an elimination of Emirate itself. That was Lawal's mission.

1 Share

Re: Moro District Heads Threaten Kwara Government With Violence by llakes4real: 7:44am On Jul 25, 2020
MetaPhysical

A legislation in the state's house of assembly should stop the back and forth. A willing governor sends a bill to the house of assembly and assist it to be passed, he then signs it into law. Overturning this would be an herculean task for any subsequent government.

Osaze007

The problem is not religious! There are lots of liberal muslims and muslims who don't like status quo in Ilorin, but lack political will from the successive governors in Kwara state. Getting a Christian governor in Kwara is close to impossible for now, and even if one manages to get there, would he want to risk rocking the boat? The military men were in a better position to change things. This their governor would even be more scared of doing the right thing, because he knows a Bukola Saraki is on his tail.

One thing am certain of is that the breakup of Nigeria would fix things. Fulani people would then be dished their own poison. They have amassed so many enemies, to the extent that in some west African countries, they are either killed on sight or arrested.
Re: Moro District Heads Threaten Kwara Government With Violence by Ritchiee: 8:04am On Jul 25, 2020
Corporate2020:

Are you from Ilorin? If no, then keep shut. I am from Ilorin and I know my history.

What is your history?
Everybody knows that Fulanis arrival in Nigeria is not up to 250 years.
Some Fulanis and Hausa who fled from the North,were formerly slaves in the Oyo Empire.

3 Likes

Re: Moro District Heads Threaten Kwara Government With Violence by Ritchiee: 8:22am On Jul 25, 2020
llakes4real:

Why would anyone who really wants the good of his/her people be scared of death or reelection? These guys risk their life in politics but they are scared of carrying out the right thing? Anyway, one day the state would have someone who has something upstairs!

I don't know why you are all saying this.The problem was the godfather of Kwara politics.The senior and junior who has been cut down now.
They have done everything to portray Kwara especially Ilorin as a Gambari state.

It is because Saraki does not have influence like before that I think anything that will bring real growth can be done.
This emir in Ilorin will be the last.

2 Likes

Re: Moro District Heads Threaten Kwara Government With Violence by Aksnoopy: 9:18am On Jul 25, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Bamigboye tried.

Mohammed Lawal was not Christian and he is the only one that has come closest to uprooting the Emirate.

If what Lawal did was today the Emirate will be history.

Ilorin people are made to believe that it is sinful to identify as an ethnic person. The person that does so stabs his Islamic brothers in the back and will not enter Al Jannah.

This Al Jannah....they have painted all kinds of pictures of it to enslave people and make them fearful of stepping across the line.

Ilorin muslims are slowly waking up. Little by little....

They will rather identify as muslim first, a Northerner second, then a Yoruba third.

The Emirate send preachers to read Quran and constantly remind them of the hellfire that kafirs will be put in. Any muslim who supports others against his muslim brother is a kafir.

So an Ilorin muslim must support a Northerner against his Yoruba brother. If he does npt he will burn in hellfire when he dies. grin

For a long time this was the program. Butlike i said Ilorin people are slowly realizing that its all lies and bullshyyte....so you have many of them now speaking up and opposing the Emirate.

The Emir himself is scared and full of anxiety that this throne is about to fall. If not in his lifetime....soon after.
I thought you are a Muslims, why are you speaking against Islam? Be careful mr.!
Re: Moro District Heads Threaten Kwara Government With Violence by llakes4real: 10:01am On Jul 25, 2020
Ritchiee:

I don't why you are all saying this.The problem was the godfather of Kwara politics.The senior and junior who has been cut down now.
They have done everything to portray Kwara especially Ilorin as a Gambari state.

It is because Saraki does not have influence like before that I think anything that will bring real growth can be done.
This emir in Ilorin will be the last.

I share your optimism, sir/ma! I personally don't like what I see in Kwara state. Minorities shouldn't be lording over us there. It irritates me to read that Yoruba kings are wailing about the injustice that a backstabbing throne does to them.
Re: Moro District Heads Threaten Kwara Government With Violence by Osaze007: 1:28pm On Jul 25, 2020
llakes4real:
MetaPhysical

A legislation in the state's house of assembly should stop the back and forth. A willing governor sends a bill to the house of assembly and assist it to be passed, he then signs it into law. Overturning this would be an herculean task for any subsequent government.

Osaze007

The problem is not religious! There are lots of liberal muslims and muslims who don't like status quo in Ilorin, but lack political will from the successive governors in Kwara state. Getting a Christian governor in Kwara is close to impossible for now, and even if one manages to get there, would he want to risk rocking the boat? The military men were in a better position to change things. This their governor would even be more scared of doing the right thing, because he knows a Bukola Saraki is on his tail.

One thing am certain of is that the breakup of Nigeria would fix things. Fulani people would then be dished their own poison. They have amassed so many enemies, to the extent that in some west African countries, they are either killed on sight or arrested.

Waiting fr Nigeria to break up before Yorubas can reclaim Ilorin is a long thing

My topic here is only successive Christain government in kwara can whittle down Influece of the emir as evidenced by history
Obasanjo helped with creation of Moro LG
David Bamigboye helped to liberate Kwara south

If Cornelius Adebayo spent more time as governor a lot of things would have changed

That’s the truth backed by evidence
Re: Moro District Heads Threaten Kwara Government With Violence by Osaze007: 1:30pm On Jul 25, 2020
MetaPhysical:

You are mixing things up.

Removing the Emir resolves the problem for Asa and Moro.

A governor comes in and grades the traditional rulers and take their jurisdictions out of Ilorin.

Next regime is another governor, he puts them back under Ilorin.

He is succeeded by one that separates them.

He is in turn succeeded by another that puts them back.

This has been the story....

Get the damn turban out of there and stop the add and remove back and forth.....

Nope the David Banigboye Remoce the emir before removing Kwara south ?

I just sent you an article
Stop diverting my topic
I said only a Christian can remove those communities under Ilorin not remove a Fulani emir from Ilorin
It has nothing to do with Mohammed Lawal
Re: Moro District Heads Threaten Kwara Government With Violence by Osaze007: 1:32pm On Jul 25, 2020
llakes4real:

I share your optimism, sir/ma! I personally don't like what I see in Kwara state. Minorities shouldn't be lording over us there. It irritates me to read that Yoruba kings are wailing about the injustice that a backstabbing throne does to them.

Some of the yorubas are even saying only a Muslim can be ruling Kwara but the same Muslims want to rule in majority Christain states such as Lagos Ogun ondo Ekiti kogi yorubas loooool
Re: Moro District Heads Threaten Kwara Government With Violence by Osaze007: 1:38pm On Jul 25, 2020
MetaPhysical:

If your point is that Christianity is the rescue, you are misreading Kwara politics.

In fact Lawal, a muslim, did far more damage to Emirate than did David, a christian. Both were ex-military.

The upgrading , downgrading, upgrading, downgrading has been going on a long time. Its not a solution since a sitting governor can simply reverse what his predecessor did. See attachments.

Since 1999 there has not been a single christian governor. Kwara will be lucky to get christian governor succeed christian governor once....but will not happen twice. When it does happen....whatever anti Emirate policy they install will be dismantled when another muslim comes in.

Use facts on ground, not emotions, to understand Kwara politics.

See how the LGs have been tossed back and forth between successive govts.

What they need is an elimination of Emirate itself. That was Lawal's mission.

So your proving my point when you say the Muslim governor will reverse liberation a Christain governor will do
Looool
Anyways M Lawal seems to be the only Muslim governor who challenged the system but let’s not forget he was former governor of Ogun a predominantly Christain state
Re: Moro District Heads Threaten Kwara Government With Violence by MetaPhysical: 3:12pm On Jul 25, 2020
Osaze007:

So your proving my point when you say the Muslim governor will reverse liberation a Christain governor will do
Looool
Anyways M Lawal seems to be the only Muslim governor who challenged the system but let’s not forget he was former governor of Ogun a predominantly Christain state

You are not interested in true solution for the people. Your interest is foisting christianity.

A true seeker of solution does not speak the way you just did.

You have not made any point worth reinforcing.

1 Like

Re: Moro District Heads Threaten Kwara Government With Violence by MetaPhysical: 3:30pm On Jul 25, 2020
Osaze007:

Nope the David Banigboye Remoce the emir before removing Kwara south ?

I just sent you an article
Stop diverting my topic
I said only a Christian can remove those communities under Ilorin not remove a Fulani emir from Ilorin
It has nothing to do with Mohammed Lawal

Stop using religion to divide people.

The article in the original post is what Im arguing on, its not a diversion. Your submissions are senseless. I dont support senseless religious agenda.

If you are looking for christianity to support your goal you are in the wrong community.....

If Yoruba in Kwara have awakened and began to pushbback on jihadi Islam....what makes you think Christianity will succeed with them?

They are not leaving Islam but they abandoning Islamic practice of the North.

They do not care if a Muslim or Christian is governor....which is the true Yoruba belief, their position is doing away with the Emirate.

The issue of separating Moro Jebba from Ilorin Emirate is a long battle, as far back as 1913, 1936.....under Christian rulers!

It has been a back and forth struggle. I posted article that supported the fact.

Christians have removed them, and a Christian have put them back.

A Muslim have removed them, and a Muslim put them back.

You have no point whatsoever, and your purpose is not to resolve their problem.....but you are exploiting their problem to force Christianity on them and further divide the people on religious line.

Shame on you! grin

1 Like

Re: Moro District Heads Threaten Kwara Government With Violence by MetaPhysical: 3:51pm On Jul 25, 2020
llakes4real:
MetaPhysical

Osaze007

Very solid point!

What you suggested is a workaround the useless back and forth executive orders to grade and suspend grading.

If the House of Assembly passes it becomes law and is sustainable....but the Emirate will use backdoor to sneak in allies that will use a followup law to thrash it.

APC is not going to remain in power in perpetuity, if an opposition that is supported by the Emir comes in they will reverse the law.

So what we avoided in the executive will now repeat in the legislative.

You have a solid point...but do away with the Emirate and this problem is solved permanently!

Read this to get idea of certain stakeholders that have sold Ilorin to the North even in modern days. They work against their fellow Yorubas because they are allied with North. These type of people work behind the scene to thwart any movement for regionalism or restructuring.... I call them Northern spies and agents in our midst in Yorubaland.....

Lawal to Saraki: Don't Use OPC for Cheap Politics
>From Kayode Abdulwahab in Ilorin

Governor Muhammed Lawal of Kwara State yesterday said there was no
threat to the state's security from the Oodua Peoples Congress (OPC),
warning Second Republic Senate Leader, Dr. Olusola Saraki to stop
raising false alarm meant to score cheap popularity.

He also warned Saraki not to create unnecessary problems between the
North and Yoruba in the state.

Lawal was speaking with a three-man delegation of the Arewa
Consultative Forum (ACF) on a visit to the State. Members of the
delegation are Major General Abdullahi Shelleng, former military
governor of old Benue State, Chief Gabriel Aduku and Air Commodore
Bernard Banfa, former Managing Director of Nigeria Airways.

He said as chief security officer of the state, "I declare with the
entire weight of my office and the entire weight of the people of
Kwara State behind me, that there is no OPC threat in Ilorin and
there is none in Kwara State."

Saraki had last weekend in Katsina vowed that the current threat by
the OPC to invade Ilorin, the state capital would be repelled,
saying no part of the state will be annexed to the Southwest.

The former Senate leader who was in Katsina at the head of an Arewa
Consultative Forum delegation said Kwara State has never been part of
Western Nigeria and nobody had the power to take it to the West.

He specifically referred to moves to install a Yoruba Oba for Ilorin,
vowing that there is no way for anybody, even the OPC to use force to
install an Oba in Ilorin because the town has never been ruled by an
Oba.

But Lawal described Saraki's statement as an attempt to cause inter
ethnic disaffection by "knocking two major ethnic groups' heads
against each other in the name of politics."

The governor said he was sure the Turaki of Ilorin would not
"condescend to score cheap political point especially at his home
base, he will not condescend to team up with mischief makers and
enemies of God, he will not condescend to the level of knocking two
major ethnic groups' heads against each other in the name of
politics, he will not condescend to the level of throwing peace,
harmony and dialogue into the winds in the pursuit of any
ambition."

Lawal however, said that although Kwara would remain a northern state,
it would work for the peace and tranquillity of the North along with
other parts of Nigeria.

Lawal said as the only authority to ascertain any threat to peace in
the state in view of his position as governor, he was certain there
was no threat whatsoever from the OPC in the State.

He said since Saraki also has his own ethnic group, he would not want
to knock his head against where his root is, pointing out that
insinuation of OPC threat would only create unnecessary tension in a
state where there is none.

Leader of the delegation, Major General Shelleng (rtd) had earlier
told the governor that his team was in Kwara to meet with interest
groups and government on the need to support the ACF and its
activities.

An OPC leader, Mr. Ganiyu Adams had at the weekend promised to lead
his organisation to install a Yoruba Oba in Ilorin. While addressing
a large crowd of OPC supporters in Ilorin, Adams, who was accompanied
by OPC coordinators in Ogbomosho, Oyo, Akure, Osogbo and Ekiti said
his group's faith in the success of their mission was unshaken,
adding that they were doing it "not for us alone, but for future
generation of our race."

According to him, "for a long time, the Fulani had, with the active
connivance of some few individuals, dominated Ilorin and subjugated
our fathers, mothers, brothers and sisters. They have cried without
nobody to their rescue. They have exhausted judicial and administrative
means to wrestpower from these Fulani feudal lords but to no avail but
now, we the Oodua Peoples Congress are ready to go the extra mile to
assist our people."

Adams stated that all stakeholders in the Yoruba Obaship issue have
been sensitised and prepared for the installation, which he said
would be done in grandeur.

It would be recalled that about a fortnight ago, the 19 northern
governors after a meeting, advised the OPC to hands off Ilorin. The
advice was however, dismissed by Adams at the weekend. Saraki, whose
position tallied with that of the Norhern governors and the Ilorin
Descendant Progressive Union (IDPU) made his declaration as a leader
of the ACF delegation touring north west zone of the country in Katsina
during a courtesy visit to the state governor, who was represented by
his deputy, Alhaji Ahmed Tukur Jikamshi.

According to Saraki, Kwara State has never been part of Western
Nigeria and nobody has the power to take the state to the west
because from time immemorial, Kwara and Ilorin its capital, belong
to the north and not Western Region as some people wanted to be
claiming.

He expressed surprise that some group called OPC wanted to install
an Oba in Ilorin wondering "how is it possible for an organsation
such as OPC to try to annex Kwara and Ilorin to the west. Such move
will never be possible in this country," he said.

The APP leader contended that Kwara and Ilorin are one and will
continue to be part of the north and it is going to be so for ever.
He said those agitating that Ilorin should have an Oba instead of
Emir were day dreaming and should stop such dream in their own
interest.

He then declared, "not one inch of Kwara and Ilorin will ever go to
the west and those campaigning for such move should stop it."

It would be recalled that Lawal and Saraki, the man believed to be
his political godfather, had been engaged in a running battle over
control of their party, the All Peoples Party (APP), in the state;
a crisis that at some point degenerated into violent confrontations
between the supporters of the two politicians.

However, a reconciliation between the two men was announced some days
back after Prince Abubakar Audu, the Kogi State governor intervened.
Lawal had risen from the meeting promising never again "to allow the
devil to use him against his political godfather."

The Lokoja peace meeting was also followed by another meeting in
Ilorin where elders of the town were said to have tried to force a
truce between the two men.

About THISDAYOnLine.com

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/soc.culture.nigeria/Kru8QGGncyA

1 Like

Re: Moro District Heads Threaten Kwara Government With Violence by MetaPhysical: 4:05pm On Jul 25, 2020
llakes4real,

It was Senior Saraki, Olusola, speaking in that article.

His son, Bukola repeated the same in last election and accused O to Gee movement of attempting to ally Kwara to SW. He said it should be opposed, Kwara remain Northerner. He then accused the current governor who was a candidate then of an agenda to depose and wipe away the Emirate.

In the background, Northern Emirs are actively backing survival of Emirate in Ilorin. When we have a Northerner in Presidency....they use him as a proxy to reinforce fulani in Ilorin. This is the case with recent nomination of Gambari as Chief of Staff to Buhari.

Gambari accepted a position below his rank but politically expedient to bring central force into play and stall and destroy forces opposed to the Emirate.

Governor Abdulrazaq has done wonderfully well in Governing the State, I doubt he will get a second coming....even though he has earned it and should get a landfall victory.

The fear is that once Buhari leaves a succeeding Yoruba in center will boost Abdulrazaq to try things openly that are currently kept hidden under cover.

I am an adept of Kwara politics. There are things there not worth bringing here to public. The Emir of Ilorin knows and Gwandu knows that something is brewing underground in the inner circle of the Emirate. They cant lay their fingers on it but it keeps them restless nonetheless.

Kwara Emirate did not come from Sokoto by the way, its from Gwandu. Thats another topic for another day. grin

1 Like

Re: Moro District Heads Threaten Kwara Government With Violence by Osaze007: 4:09pm On Jul 25, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Stop using religion to divide people.

The article in the original post is what Im arguing on, its not a diversion. Your submissions are senseless. I dont support senseless religious agenda.

If you are looking for christianity to support your goal you are in the wrong community.....

If Yoruba in Kwara have awakened and began to pushbback on jihadi Islam....what makes you think Christianity will succeed with them?

They are not leaving Islam but they abandoning Islamic practice of the North.

They do not care if a Muslim or Christian is governor....which is the true Yoruba belief, their position is doing away with the Emirate.

The issue of separating Moro Jebba from Ilorin Emirate is a long battle, as far back as 1913, 1936.....under Christian rulers!

It has been a back and forth struggle. I posted article that supported the fact.

Christians have removed them, and a Christian have put them back.

A Muslim have removed them, and a Muslim put them back.

You have no point whatsoever, and your purpose is not to resolve their problem.....but you are exploiting their problem to force Christianity on them and further divide the people on religious line.

Shame on you! grin

I apologize I’m not trying to divide
I’m just saying what I see

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Moro District Heads Threaten Kwara Government With Violence by Osaze007: 4:19pm On Jul 25, 2020
MetaPhysical:

You are not interested in true solution for the people. Your interest is foisting christianity.

You have succeeded in diverting my topic to Christain agenda since you can’t counter my point anyways I’m no longer arguing
Re: Moro District Heads Threaten Kwara Government With Violence by MetaPhysical: 4:52pm On Jul 25, 2020
Osaze007:

You have succeeded in diverting my topic to Christain agenda since you can’t counter my point anyways I’m no longer arguing

Your mind speaks out for itself and your intent is written all over your submissions.....doesnt need an interpreter.

1 Like

Re: Moro District Heads Threaten Kwara Government With Violence by llakes4real: 5:00pm On Jul 25, 2020
MetaPhysical

Thank you for sharing that information with me.
Re: Moro District Heads Threaten Kwara Government With Violence by llakes4real: 5:13pm On Jul 25, 2020
Osaze007:

Some of the yorubas are even saying only a Muslim can be ruling Kwara but the same Muslims want to rule in majority Christain states such as Lagos Ogun ondo Ekiti kogi yorubas loooool

Ultra-religious people like you are minorities in the SW, so religion politics can't guarantee victory for anyone. Where and when did you conduct your survey to know the population of Christians as other beliefs in the SW? Anyone relying on am a Muslim or a Christian who lose out, because there are so many people who are educated enough to see them for the scam that they are. One thing I know works is party politics and "victimhood" (Yoruba people like supporting "the bullied" grin). Play the victim of an oppressor and see how people would troop to your side.

1 Like

Re: Moro District Heads Threaten Kwara Government With Violence by llakes4real: 5:18pm On Jul 25, 2020
MetaPhysical:

He is also as guilty as those he keeps accusing of religious extremism.

2 Likes

Re: Moro District Heads Threaten Kwara Government With Violence by MetaPhysical: 5:22pm On Jul 25, 2020
llakes4real:
MetaPhysical

Thank you for sharing that information with me.

You welcome sir!

1 Like

Re: Moro District Heads Threaten Kwara Government With Violence by MetaPhysical: 5:34pm On Jul 25, 2020
Osaze007:

Another expose of your agenda in Yorubaland. grin

We are happy as we are, and unconcerned with religious majority/minority problems that other regions of Nigeria struggle with.

3 Likes

Re: Moro District Heads Threaten Kwara Government With Violence by llakes4real: 5:44pm On Jul 25, 2020
Osaze007:

I apologize I’m not trying to divide
I’m just saying what I see

You are not seeing anything! It is a problem extremism and politicking. Do you think a Muslim like Bukola Saraki is an extremist? The man married a Christian wife (you should learn this from people like him). He keeps playing on the side of the emir because he wants favour from those he feels are the most powerful in the country, and not because he his some extraordinary Muslim. Study things properly before jumping to conclusions.

One thing you should learn is that, Religious extremism wouldn't take you anywhere in Yorubaland! Everyone is merged into each other. Imagine being born in a family where your Father practice Yoruba religion, your mom is a Christian, and your best uncle is a Muslim. What can anyone tell you against your people's religion?

Take a look at the last election in Oyo state and see for yourself our Yorubas think. I would argue that that Oyo state is predominantly Muslim (I haven't carried out any survey, just a calculated guess). Seyi Makinde, whose religion I don't know (I won't assume he is a Christian!) beat his opponent who trying to play the religious card (the APC man was campaigning with a Muslim middle name). Mind you the incumbent governor was Muslim in public (this is very important in Yorubaland grin), but his wife is a Christian!

David Bamigboye might not have been a Christian as you assumed -- bearing an English name doesn't mean you're a Christian.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Members Endorse Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu In This Billboard [photo] / What Does The Red Blue And White Flag Represents In Nigeria / /bed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.