Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,776 members, 7,955,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:54 PM

Why Ist It Normal In A Relationship: - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Ist It Normal In A Relationship: (1850 Views)

Are Little Misunderstandings Normal In A Relationship / Is This Normal In Any Relationship? / Is Jealousy Normal In A Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Ist It Normal In A Relationship: by Leilana(f): 9:52am On Feb 08, 2011
when the man pays everything and the girl not?

Is that normal?

I see a lot of girl who are having something with different kind of men and they always take and expect gifts from them. There are not ashamed to take it. In my eyes these girls are like whores. The boys are paying them for dates and for having sex.

I think no intelligent and proud woman can make all these things!
Re: Why Ist It Normal In A Relationship: by Mygoldie(f): 9:53am On Feb 08, 2011
A girl who accepts gifts from different men,can be seen as a LovePeddler,but a girl who accepts gifts from her boyfriend, is not a LovePeddler.Shikena!!
Re: Why Ist It Normal In A Relationship: by Leilana(f): 9:56am On Feb 08, 2011
That depends on how long they are together!
When everything is fresh and new she is also a LovePeddler when she just takes all the time and never gives something back!
Re: Why Ist It Normal In A Relationship: by Mygoldie(f): 9:57am On Feb 08, 2011
Can you elaborate more on what you mean by ''give something back''
i don't get that part,girl.
Re: Why Ist It Normal In A Relationship: by Leilana(f): 10:04am On Feb 08, 2011
Yeah that is difficult to understand for you right?

A girl can also give gifts to a boy when she is in love with him!

You never hear about that?!
Re: Why Ist It Normal In A Relationship: by Mygoldie(f): 10:19am On Feb 08, 2011
You don't have to be mean about it.
So what your saying is a girl who receives a gift from a new guy,is a LovePeddler,and a boy who receives a gift from a new guy,is not a LovePeddler??

Anyways,this is how i see it,like i said before,a gift is a gift,so far there's a mutual understanding, between the two people involved.
Secondly,it is not wrong for a boy to receive gifts from a girl,neither is it wrong for a girl to receive gift from a boy,even if the relationship is still fresh.giving out gifts is a way of showing you care,and also a way of showing appreciation,that is how it works in a normal relationship. What do you reckon?
Re: Why Ist It Normal In A Relationship: by Nobody: 10:22am On Feb 08, 2011
Most of those girls who ask for favours are cheap materialistic whores.  wink
I don't blame them though.
Re: Why Ist It Normal In A Relationship: by Dsense(m): 10:25am On Feb 08, 2011
OP.
WHat of men who accept gifts from different girls are we LovePeddler?.
Would be happy if i am . , , I like gifts anyway. wink
Re: Why Ist It Normal In A Relationship: by Leilana(f): 10:51am On Feb 08, 2011
I have never seen that a girl gives present to her boyfriend.

Only some white friends of me are doing so.

They take and they give. They dont use the other side.

i have never said that when a boy behave like this he is not a LovePeddler. its the same but most its girl woh behave like that.
Re: Why Ist It Normal In A Relationship: by Dsense(m): 10:55am On Feb 08, 2011
You still have to experience much then.
I only get presents for my girls and i give too. . . . . . .The other girls would buy me gifts and also fund my pocket money and take me touring different cities and countries,
Re: Why Ist It Normal In A Relationship: by Leilana(f): 10:57am On Feb 08, 2011
So you are having al lot of girls, undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Why Ist It Normal In A Relationship: by iice(f): 3:49am On Feb 09, 2011
Re: Why Ist It Normal In A Relationship: by MrsChima(f): 5:11am On Feb 09, 2011
There is nothing wrong with a GIRL giving her MAN a gift. The problem is that SOME guys feel funny receiving gifts from their girl because they feel that she trying to be a man. I did say some so relax.

I find it weird for a girl or boy to accept gift from OTHER girl or boy that is NOT THEIR BOYFRIEND, FRIEND, OR SPOUSE.

Then again that just me.
Re: Why Ist It Normal In A Relationship: by oniema(m): 7:47am On Feb 09, 2011
Its so common on gals to keep collecting even demand if not forth coming yet find it very hard and most times impossible for them to part with just ordinary handkerchief. Not to talk of this val period guys are in soup

Reason i have none of them in my life (lady or ladies)
Re: Why Ist It Normal In A Relationship: by bobbyray(m): 10:31am On Feb 09, 2011
oniema:

Its so common on gals to keep collecting even demand if not forth coming yet find it very hard and most times impossible for them to part with just ordinary handkerchief. Not to talk of this val period guys are in soup

Reason i have none of them in my life (lady or ladies)

true talk
Re: Why Ist It Normal In A Relationship: by googles: 11:40am On Feb 09, 2011
The poster sounds like a dude sef. undecided

Giving should be a voluntary act. . . not because you are expecting sommin in return or you are expected to give, it should be a freewill thing

so if annyone wants to give fine and if he/she doesn't, all well and good too. . . nobody should be forced/expected to give things out just to return favor.
Re: Why Ist It Normal In A Relationship: by Odunnu: 11:49am On Feb 09, 2011
Its not restrictd to boyfriend/girlfriend relationshps alone. Its okay to give gifts even at 'odd' times, automatically you get to receive always too.
Its selfish if you are always at the receiving end
Re: Why Ist It Normal In A Relationship: by MzGreat(f): 12:05pm On Feb 09, 2011
googles:

The poster sounds like a dude sef. undecided

Giving should be a voluntary act. . . not because you are expecting sommin in return or you are expected to give, it should be a freewill thing

so if annyone wants to give fine and if he/she doesn't, all well and good too. . . nobody should be forced/expected to give things out just to return favor.

honestly she sounds like one and the topic doesnt av basics sef
Re: Why Ist It Normal In A Relationship: by eldav(m): 12:42pm On Feb 09, 2011
The truth will alwayz hurt!

Ok,4 instance,usin d most common,hw many tyms hv u girls bought recharge cards 2 ur man?
Re: Why Ist It Normal In A Relationship: by MzGreat(f): 1:05pm On Feb 09, 2011
plenty times but more dan me sha
Re: Why Ist It Normal In A Relationship: by segunjowo(m): 1:45pm On Feb 09, 2011
I have neva received any gift from girls before (except some special and selected few!), but they like for me to give them. girls r just hungry and selfish!
Re: Why Ist It Normal In A Relationship: by chic2pimp(m): 6:10pm On Feb 09, 2011
Leilana:

Only some white friends of me are doing so.
Are you saying that Black Women(Most especially Nigerian Women) are not cheerful givers? shocked shocked shocked grin
Re: Why Ist It Normal In A Relationship: by MrsChima(f): 6:22pm On Feb 09, 2011
White women doesn't have a problem buying love.
Re: Why Ist It Normal In A Relationship: by chic2pimp(m): 6:25pm On Feb 09, 2011
More like they understand that Giving is a two way thing
Re: Why Ist It Normal In A Relationship: by ShyOne(f): 6:25pm On Feb 09, 2011
I love when my guy sends me gifts - its fun and he has such great taste too - it shows me who he is and what he likes

when i give him gifts it shows him who i am and what i like and gives him an idea of the type of taste i have and what he can expect from me in future and vice versa
Re: Why Ist It Normal In A Relationship: by MrsChima(f): 6:28pm On Feb 09, 2011
chic2pimp:

More like they understand that Giving is a two way thing

You should give from the heart. If it not in you to give then you won't give. There is nothing wrong with gifts but PEOPLE put too much importance on gifts and it is sickening.
Re: Why Ist It Normal In A Relationship: by MrCork17: 6:40pm On Feb 09, 2011
Women!! angry
Re: Why Ist It Normal In A Relationship: by ShyOne(f): 6:42pm On Feb 09, 2011
@ Christmas he sent everybody in my family a gift - my parents, my siblings - unique stuff too - very beautiful - they loved it
Re: Why Ist It Normal In A Relationship: by Areaboy2(m): 6:45pm On Feb 09, 2011
@ poster, I really hate it when ppl read meaning into everything.

gifts go from one person to the other, so fcking what? how does that makes one of the other less?

Life is too short to live like this. Go and get laid n u'll know what i'm talking about undecided
Re: Why Ist It Normal In A Relationship: by MLSwiss: 6:51pm On Feb 09, 2011
What? How many definitions of the word 'LovePeddler' exists? It's even more pathetic that YOU as a GIRL will spew such garbage ! Receiving PAYMENT from men in exchange of sex is called prostitution and uh, over here, it's legal and is considered to be a job ! Now, receiving gifts from various men doesn't make me a LovePeddler ! I don't have to give back and I don't want to feel like I have to give back. Accepting gifts while sleeping with someone isn't 'whoring' in my opinion !
Re: Why Ist It Normal In A Relationship: by Leilana(f): 1:12pm On Feb 10, 2011
When you need it, do it, but in my eyes you are like a LovePeddler.
Re: Why Ist It Normal In A Relationship: by Leilana(f): 1:15pm On Feb 10, 2011
"White women doesn't have a problem buying love."

Its buying love when you give a present to your boyfriend? shocked

So all the nigerian men, who buy so many presents for their nigeria queen until she has get enough and open hes legs wide for them, are so bad that they have to buy the love of a woman?

Thats so,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Stubborn Spouse Can U Marry Her? / She Only Comes To See Me Afta Endless Pleas / Diary Of A Hopeless Romantic: A Trail Of Broken Hearts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.