Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,138 members, 7,860,088 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:37 AM

How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? (25082 Views)

My Wife Decide Not To Apologize For Offending Me / Single Nigerian Ladies In Diaspora, Any Reason Why You Turn Down Our Guys? / Around What Time Do You Turn On And Turn Off Your Generator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by Coolgent(m): 10:54am On Jul 27, 2020
Sermwell:
I have cause to visit Lagos in order to secure the bail of a younger one who got into trouble. My cousin who stays in Lagos insisted I stay with him. He has a wife and 3 kids.

The problem now is that I don't think his wife knows how to cook!! I have had running stomach eating her food since 4 days ago. I tried to turn down her food last night but it didn't go well as she pleaded with me to eat which I did. I had stomach upset through out the night. I just can't imagine eating her food again till I leave.

Please how do I refuse her food without sounding offensive??

Last year i have experienced same thing despite the fact that the country i visited is far more better than Nigeria,
But after some days my body adopted to their foods.
The day i drank tap water after i return back to 9ja I never die of stomachaches.

So i dont think it has to do with the way she prepared her foods otherwise her husband must be having same issue with her.

Alternatively ask her prepare light meals at breakfast and lunch, skip dinner.
Re: How Do You Turn Down Someone's Food Without Offending Them?? by Nobody: 11:40am On Jul 27, 2020
So there are some women that don't know how to cook shame on them grin grin grin
Bro go eat outside or better still if you're boxed up go lodge for hotel

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Husband Chases Out His Wife And Daughter Over Inability To Have Male Child. PICS / Young Nairalander And His Cute Son In Pictures / JSS1 Student Found In Mile 2, Lagos Needs Help To Locate His Family. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.