Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

Onitsha: Police Arrest 200 Massob Memberrs - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onitsha: Police Arrest 200 Massob Memberrs (4845 Views)

Ndigbo Won’t Be Better Off Seceding From Nigeria – Ohanaeze Advises MASSOB / Threats: Ohanaeze, MASSOB, OPC Back Nigerdelta Militants / Kano Bombing: Massob Threatens War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onitsha: Police Arrest 200 Massob Memberrs by aljharem(m): 12:31am On Feb 10, 2011
Abagworo:

Imagine the rubbish some people are writing.Saying that Onitsha is one of the richest States in Igboland and Abia,Ebonyi and Enugu people are paupers.This is why I keep telling you people that there is nothing like a single Igbo ethnic group.I still wonder where the so-called money is.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Onitsha: Police Arrest 200 Massob Memberrs by ezeagu(m): 12:51am On Feb 10, 2011
Anaegboka:

The ones making the noise in Onitsha are from the areas I mentioned though the statement was not meant as an insult to the good people from those places.

How do you know this, I'm just asking.
Re: Onitsha: Police Arrest 200 Massob Memberrs by Onlytruth(m): 2:47am On Feb 10, 2011
Anaegboka goes about making outrageous and dumb statements all over nairaland. I've had to chide him a few times. He is too clueless for an Igbo. sad

MASSOB members come from ALL the states of the former eastern region. I've read about members from Cross river, Akwa Ibom, Rivers, Delta and all the five south eastern states. No be today.

Only a dumb fellow would make Anaegboka's claims.

Most top Igbo eilte don't support MASSOB because of their tactics, that doesn't mean that MASSOB is limited to the areas mentioned by Anaegboka.
Re: Onitsha: Police Arrest 200 Massob Memberrs by Onlytruth(m): 2:52am On Feb 10, 2011
Posted by: Abagworo

Imagine the rubbish some people are writing.Saying that Onitsha is one of the richest States in Igboland and Abia,Ebonyi and Enugu people are paupers.[b]This is why I keep telling you people that there is nothing like a single Igbo ethnic group.[/b]I still wonder where the so-called money is.

Why are you always quick to make DUMB statements like the bolded? Can you tell me that you've not heard st00pid statements even from your own townsman? Does it mean you are no longer from your town?

You haven't really told the rest of us what has been eating you up these days. sad sad
Re: Onitsha: Police Arrest 200 Massob Memberrs by Obiagu1(m): 2:56am On Feb 10, 2011
^^^

You should know the virus that infected him.
Re: Onitsha: Police Arrest 200 Massob Memberrs by Nobody: 2:57am On Feb 10, 2011
Anaegboka:

No wise Ibo man who is a graduate can remain jobless for that long because we know nobody will give us job on a platter. We'd rather be farming than be unemployed for that long.

Then I advice someone to give those jobless useless MASSOBs each an ada/obe and maybe a huge farming land.
Re: Onitsha: Police Arrest 200 Massob Memberrs by Onlytruth(m): 2:58am On Feb 10, 2011
Posted by: Obiagu1

^^^

You should know the virus that infected him

Frankly, I don't know. I refuse to believe that tribalism poll changed him this much.
The guy has issues of self confidence.
Re: Onitsha: Police Arrest 200 Massob Memberrs by Obiagu1(m): 3:00am On Feb 10, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Then I advice someone to give those jobless useless MASSOBs each an ada/obe and maybe a huge farming land.

Who told you they are jobless?
Re: Onitsha: Police Arrest 200 Massob Memberrs by Onlytruth(m): 3:01am On Feb 10, 2011
Posted by: Ileke-IdI

Okay supply dem na!
Re: Onitsha: Police Arrest 200 Massob Memberrs by Nobody: 3:02am On Feb 10, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

and maybe also each a pack of biro and paper. Their case is a sad one.

Werent a dozen of them also arrested last month or so? And they say poverty no dey reach SE again, chei!
Re: Onitsha: Police Arrest 200 Massob Memberrs by Obiagu1(m): 3:04am On Feb 10, 2011
The reason MASSOB is having some problem is because no one knows the direction they are going.
If the vision is clear and the path to achieve Biafra known to many, then their support will bounce back to what it used to be.
Re: Onitsha: Police Arrest 200 Massob Memberrs by Onlytruth(m): 3:05am On Feb 10, 2011
Yes I agree.
Re: Onitsha: Police Arrest 200 Massob Memberrs by Nobody: 3:05am On Feb 10, 2011
Obiagu1:

The reason MASSOB is having some problem is because no one knows the direction they going.
If the vision is clear and the path to achieve Biafra known to many, then their support will bounce back to what it used to be.

Nowadays, I'm hoping these loud basket mouth Pro-Biafran NLers would get off their laptop and support the MASSOB. Since 2005 when Nl was created, we've been hearing the same drama. If these loud basked mouth pro-biafran put their teeth in the knuckles' direction, there would be a Biafran nation by now.

Infact, the thing vex me, I feel like sending free toothbrushes/Pako-Enu to these ppl, to keep inspiring them to fight for what they deem is right.
Re: Onitsha: Police Arrest 200 Massob Memberrs by Obiagu1(m): 3:05am On Feb 10, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

and maybe also each a pack of biro and paper. Their case is a sad one.

Werent a dozen of them also arrested last month or so? And they say poverty no dey reach SE again, chei!

You avoided my question. Who told you they are jobless?
Re: Onitsha: Police Arrest 200 Massob Memberrs by Onlytruth(m): 3:06am On Feb 10, 2011
I don't think their support ever reached a critical mass though. If it ever did, their struggle would have assumed a more credible dimension.
Re: Onitsha: Police Arrest 200 Massob Memberrs by Onlytruth(m): 3:07am On Feb 10, 2011
Don't mind her.
Re: Onitsha: Police Arrest 200 Massob Memberrs by Nobody: 3:08am On Feb 10, 2011
Obiagu1:

You avoided my question. Who told you they are jobless?
So you noticed, then dont ask again.
Seems that our definition for joblessness differs. You may see them camping by the smelly gutter with cardboard poster as fully employed, but I dont. Well, I guess you see the other side of the coin.
Re: Onitsha: Police Arrest 200 Massob Memberrs by Obiagu1(m): 3:11am On Feb 10, 2011
Onlytruth:

I don't think their support ever reached a critical mass though. If it ever did, their struggle would have assumed a more credible dimension.

It did, when their call for industrial action was adhered to throughout the East. All those sycophant Governors were trying to suppress them but people supported them.

The problem was that Uwazurike said he had 21 or 25 point plan on how to achieve Biafra, but believe me he didn't implement more than 6, people got tired of the overstretched ambition without any visible change.
Re: Onitsha: Police Arrest 200 Massob Memberrs by Obiagu1(m): 3:14am On Feb 10, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

So you noticed, then dont ask again.
Seems that our definition for joblessness differs. You may see them camping by the smelly gutter with cardboard poster as fully employed, but I dont. Well, I guess you see the other side of the coin.

I did notice. Joblessness is joblessness and has no other meaning.
Re: Onitsha: Police Arrest 200 Massob Memberrs by Nobody: 3:17am On Feb 10, 2011
Obiagu1:

I did notice. Joblessness is joblessness and has no other meaning.

Then case closed. You can continue if you wish tho.
Re: Onitsha: Police Arrest 200 Massob Memberrs by Onlytruth(m): 3:18am On Feb 10, 2011

It did, when their call for industrial action was adhered to throughout the East. All those sycophant Governors were trying to suppress them but people supported them.

The problem was that Uwazurike said he had 21 or 25 point plan on how to achieve Biafra, but believe me he didn't implement more that 6, people got tired of the overstretched ambition without any visible change.

I called that a flash in the pan. In such agitation you need sustainability. If you cannot sustain the initial success, you lose whatever you had before then.

Believe me, MASSOB is not credible because they are the only group in Africa sworn to non-violence in their struggle for self determination. It never happened anywhere in Africa. Igbo people are very sensible. They know these things. That is why they aren't giving MASSOB needed support and it has been stalling ever since.
Re: Onitsha: Police Arrest 200 Massob Memberrs by Obiagu1(m): 3:19am On Feb 10, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Then case closed. You can continue if you wish tho.

Ok ma.
Re: Onitsha: Police Arrest 200 Massob Memberrs by Obiagu1(m): 3:23am On Feb 10, 2011
Onlytruth:

I called that a flash in the pan. In such agitation you need sustainability. If you cannot sustain the initial success, you lose whatever you had before then.

Believe me, MASSOB is not credible because they are the only group in Africa sworn to non-violence in their struggle for self determination. It never happened anywhere in Africa. Igbo people are very sensible. They know these things. That is why MASSOB is stalling.

The bolded is one of the problems. Its members are kind of restricted and they don't like it. Non-violence is not an option, ideally I'll prefer one that has both political and military wings working partly independent of one another.
Re: Onitsha: Police Arrest 200 Massob Memberrs by Onlytruth(m): 3:25am On Feb 10, 2011

The bolded is one of the problems. Its members are kind of restricted and they don't like it. Non-violence is not an option, ideally[b] I'll prefer one that has both political and military wings working partly independent of one another[/b].

If they had that model, everyone would take them serious.
Re: Onitsha: Police Arrest 200 Massob Memberrs by alex101(m): 3:36am On Feb 10, 2011
Abagworo:

Imagine the rubbish some people are writing.Saying that Onitsha is one of the richest States in Igboland and Abia,Ebonyi and Enugu people are paupers.This is why I keep telling you people that there is nothing like a single Igbo ethnic group.I still wonder where the so-called money is.

Bia, Abagworo, I don't think you are Igbo. If you are, why don't you just change your identity and stop trying to bring the Igbo race down. Infact, it was fools

like you that showed the enemy the back door through which they gained entrance into biafra teritory. Nonsense!
Re: Onitsha: Police Arrest 200 Massob Memberrs by Obiagu1(m): 3:37am On Feb 10, 2011
^^^

He's one of the type that would have been sold during slavery.
Re: Onitsha: Police Arrest 200 Massob Memberrs by aljharem(m): 3:39am On Feb 10, 2011
alex101:

Bia, Abagworo, I don't think you are Igbo. If you are, why don't you just change your identity and stop trying to bring the Igbo race down. Infact, it was fools

like you that showed the enemy the back door through which they gained entrance into biafra teritory. Nonsense!

shut the eff up

how did he change his identity

mumu

ewu amu!!!! angry angry angry
Re: Onitsha: Police Arrest 200 Massob Memberrs by alex101(m): 3:46am On Feb 10, 2011
@ Onlytruth and Obiagu1,

You guys are both right, in Africa, especially in a hate-filled society like Nigeria, you need militia movement to back up your demands. This is one area MASSOB is

lagging. They could have taken advantage of the huge number of Igbo diaspora in raising money and securing arms. I once visited Angola and I couldn't

believe the huge # of Ndigbo in that war torn country. This is one of the countries with weapons "floating" around- MASSOB could make contact with our

kinsmen to arrange for some sophisticated weapons.
Re: Onitsha: Police Arrest 200 Massob Memberrs by alex101(m): 3:49am On Feb 10, 2011
alj harem:

shut the eff up

how did he change his identity

mumu

ewu amu!!!! angry angry angry
Should I respod to this fagg@t that sleeps with cow or just ignore the fagg@t, well humans don't interact with animals. Go and do your cow, you stupid f@g!
Re: Onitsha: Police Arrest 200 Massob Memberrs by Anaegboka(m): 5:42am On Feb 10, 2011
Onlytruth:

Anaegboka goes about making outrageous and dumb statements all over nairaland. I've had to chide him a few times. He is too clueless for an Igbo. sad

MASSOB members come from ALL the states of the former eastern region. I've read about members from Cross river, Akwa Ibom, Rivers, Delta and all the five south eastern states. No be today.

Only a dumb fellow would make Anaegboka's claims.

Most top Igbo eilte don't support MASSOB because of their tactics, that doesn't mean that MASSOB is limited to the areas mentioned by Anaegboka.
Did you read my last post? I said 'those making noise in Onitsha' not that their membership is limited to those areas. Your posts shows you are not fanatical about their tactics. Why?
Re: Onitsha: Police Arrest 200 Massob Memberrs by ezeagu(m): 6:23am On Feb 10, 2011
Since everybody's making statements: One of the let down's of Igbo people is shooting themselves in the foot. In a pool full of sharks they'd spill blood if it means getting their immediate needs, and not necessarily in a negative way. There's no strong sense of foresight in the community, and I can't say it's only seen in this one either, especially when talking about Africa. I blame thousands of years of individualism. Geography was too kind to the ancestors of the Igbo, they should have been placed somewhere where other nations could have taught them a serious lesson in nation building, and I don't mean friendly gatherings. If the majority of people are going for one thing it is an Igbo man's heaven to argue (but not necessarily act or believe in what they are arguing for) against the majority, they like being 'different and controversial' (there are too many examples to post from Nigerian recent history), this behaviour is partly because it is a right of every citizen to speak na ama, something unique to Igbo culture which has acted as a blessing and a curse. Other nations would just kill off those against the wider nations goals and then achieve them.

So you see, what some Igbo posters are doing here on the internet, and everyday life, is carrying on the tradition of shooting themselves in the foot, so I just ignore now.
Re: Onitsha: Police Arrest 200 Massob Memberrs by Abagworo(m): 6:27am On Feb 10, 2011
I have always rooted for Nigeria to remain one and so shall it be.@onlytruth and obiagu I say things the way they are.The kind of statement by Anaegboka is not restricted to him alone.I have encountered several of his kinsmen disregarding Ebonyi people and calling them names.Ironically a lot of Anambrarians own businesses in Ebonyi and even dominate the quarry business.The "thank you" from the Governor is intimidating these same Ebonyi people in Anambra.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If nigeria had a referendum on division, will you vote yes/no? / 2015 Presidential Election: My Conditions To Campaign For GEJ — Gov Sule Lamido / Why Do South East Have Regular Power Supply Than Other Zones?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.