Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Janathan Calls Fashola A Rascal! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Janathan Calls Fashola A Rascal! (1632 Views)

Is Fashola A Governor Or A Joker?..( Photo) / Photos: Ndigbo Endorse APC Candidates As They Pay Fashola A Courtesy Visit Today / Fashola A Military Governor In Civilian Uniform (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Janathan Calls Fashola A Rascal! by enyojo(f): 8:19am On Feb 09, 2011
President Goodluck Jonathan has stressed the critical nature of the South-West to his administration, saying that the zone will not be left to “rascals” to rule.
Specifically, the President noted that Lagos State, being the commercial and industrial hub of the country, must be governed by the PDP.
Jonathan spoke on Tuesday in Ibadan, Oyo State during the commencement of his presidential campaign in the South-West.
The President said the party’s machinery would be legally deployed to ensure that the PDP governorship candidate in Lagos State, Mr. Ade Dosumu, emerged victorious in April.
According to him, PDP leaders “will not sleep” until power was wrested from the Action Congress of Nigeria in Lagos State.
He said, “South-West is the most important zone in Nigeria. It is the most cosmopolitan zone where all Nigerians come. It is a mini Nigeria and it is very unique.
“Major commercial activities take place in Lagos and its adjoining states. We are happy that we have a strong support base here. All we can promise the people of the South-West is transparent and good governance.
“We (PDP) must take over all the states in the South-West. The zone is too important to be left in the hands of rascals. We shall take over Lagos, Ekiti, Osun and Ondo states.
“It is true that we have our challenges in the zone, but we are on top of them all. We shall resolve our differences in our own way.”
Three of the four states mentioned by the President are governed by governors elected on the platform of the ACN.
They are Mr. Babatunde Fashola (Lagos), Alhaji Rauf Aregbesola (Osun) and Dr. Kayode Fayemi (Ekiti).
The fourth state, Ondo is governed by Dr. Segun Mimiko of the Labour Party.
Jonathan told the crowd at Mapo Hill that if elected in the April poll, his administration would improve the nation’s security, economy, power , employment, entertainment industry, transport and agriculture.
He recalled that his administration had injected about N500bn into the Bank of Industry to encourage job creation, adding that out of the sum, about N200bn had already been disbursed.
On transportation, the President said that his government had completed the refurbishment of the Lagos-Ibadan rail line which was started by the administration of ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo.
He read the Riot Act to those behind the recent bombings in some parts of the country, saying the era of impunity had gone forever.
Jonathan said, “There are security challenges all over the world and our country has had its fair share. We must arrest those behind bomb blasts in our country no matter how long it will take us.
“The era of impunity is over. Security personnel are already on their trail and we shall arrest them.”
The President had while inaugurating the presidential campaign office in Abuja on Tuesday, said the PDP would win the presidency in April.
The host governor of the rally, Chief Adebayo Alao-Akala, in his goodwill message, said the re-election bid of the President was a foregone conclusion.
Alao-Akala recalled that Mapo Hill had played host to prominent politicians, who came to solicit for votes and won. Jonathan’s case, according to him, will not be an exception.
He said, “Alhaji Shehu Shagari was here. Chief Obasanjo and the late Umaru Yar’Adua were also here to solicit the votes of our people and they won.
“You will win. In fact, you have won the election because your case cannot be an exception.”
Alao-Akala argued that the recent sackings of some PDP governors in the zone did not reflect the potential of the PDP, maintaining that the party remained the party to beat in the country.
The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Mr. Dimeji Bankole, who was among those that were handed PDP flags to contest the April elections, urged youths in the South-West not to waste their votes on other parties.
Also at the rally, Obasanjo said that the emergence of Jonathan as President would deepen democracy and strengthen the country’s unity.
He, however, said that nothing should be taken for granted in PDP’s bid to win the presidential election in April.
Obasanjo said, “Nothing should be taken for granted. We know we have work to do. There are areas in this country today that are crying for attention.
“The areas include security, economy, corruption and infrastructure. These areas cannot and must not be neglected. I take solace in the fact that Jonathan has gone through a period of tutelage.”
The former president also called on the party’s leadership to ensure that all members, who felt displeased by the outcome of PDP primaries, were reconciled and brought back into the party’s mainstream
The reconciliation, he added, must be from the ward to the national level.
“Democracy is about number. We need everybody; the good, the bad and the ugly. We have been behind the scene in the zone before, we are now in the mainstream and we must remain there with the rest of the country,” he added.
Highlights of the rally included the handing over of the PDP flag to some candidates in the zone.
While Alao-Akala got the flag to contest the governorship election, Adetunji Olurin and Dosunmu were given the flags to contest in Ogun and Lagos states respectively.
But the presentation of a flag to Bankole took members of the party, who thronged the venue, by surprise.
The name of the Speaker was missing on the list of successful candidates in the recently concluded primaries of the party, which was released by the Independent National Electoral Commission on Sunday.
Ogun State Governor, Otunba Gbenga Daniel, who is the South-West Coordinator of the Jonathan-Sambo Presidential Campaign , and his supporters were absent from the rally.
Also, the Senate Leader, Chief Teslim Folarin, and other members of the PDP in Oyo State, who are against the second term ambition of Alao-Akala, also boycotted the rally.
A former presidential aspirant of the All Nigeria Peoples Party, Chief Harry Akande, was formerly received into the party at the rally.
Daniel, who addressed supporter at his Asoludero Residence in Sagamu, said he was prevented from attending the presidential campaign rally.
Accusing some people of ‘disorganising things’ in Ogun State, the governor said, “I pray that all the people that can make us to be annoyed may God take them away.”
He added that he was finding it difficult to understand the kind of luck that had befallen the PDP in the South-West.
He said, “I was about going to Ibadan and you came to block the way that I should not go, and I asked why. I was told the people of the state are annoyed and aggrieved.
“We have been ruling Ogun State with honesty and truth and the people of the state appreciated and commended us. But some people came and they were disorganizing things, they claimed to be God.
“I don’t know the kind of luck that has befallen PDP in the South West. People who stole from the nation are today walking free on the streets.
“In Ogun State as God liveth; we have been troubled since the past five years, they took us to court, brought EFCC and they could not do anything.”
He lamented the rejection of the list submitted to INEC by the PDP faction led by him. The governor said, “We conducted our primaries, they brought people to monitor it from Abuja, INEC, SSS, police and all witnessed it. Everything was recorded only for us to hear after about seven days that they were removing and substituting.
“Those who did not come out; those who did not know about the party and did not participate were said to have won the primaries. I promise that none of our candidates will be substituted.”
http://www.punchontheweb.com/AddComments.aspx?theartic=Art201102094511046
Re: Janathan Calls Fashola A Rascal! by Afam4eva(m): 8:20am On Feb 09, 2011
Abe e don do.
Re: Janathan Calls Fashola A Rascal! by enyojo(f): 8:21am On Feb 09, 2011
source: punch
Re: Janathan Calls Fashola A Rascal! by MaJBlige(f): 8:22am On Feb 09, 2011
another mischievous title.
Re: Janathan Calls Fashola A Rascal! by enyojo(f): 8:25am On Feb 09, 2011
afam4eva:

Abe e don do.
nOTHING DON DO O O O
Re: Janathan Calls Fashola A Rascal! by enyojo(f): 8:26am On Feb 09, 2011
Ma_J_Blige:

Na mi force that mischievous words out of GEJ's mouth?
Re: Janathan Calls Fashola A Rascal! by enyojo(f): 8:28am On Feb 09, 2011
All the years of Jonathan as Deputy Gov, Gov, Vice President, Acting Pres, President, pres Aspirant, and now presidential Candidate, ALL HIS ACHIVEMENTS IS NOT UP TO A TITHE OF FASHOLA'S 3.5 YEARS IN OFFICE
Re: Janathan Calls Fashola A Rascal! by Nobody: 8:32am On Feb 09, 2011
aahhh a double dose of comical errors

1. Jonathan insinuating a highly performing and popular governor is a rascal without addressing Akala and Daniel's issues.

2. Ma J Blige bringing up the topic of mischievous thread titles.

Ma_J_Blige:

Re: Janathan Calls Fashola A Rascal! by enyojo(f): 8:38am On Feb 09, 2011
The Now desperate man. I said it, he is now revealing his true colours. You have seen nothing yet. If you vote him, he will shock Nigerians
Re: Janathan Calls Fashola A Rascal! by enyojo(f): 8:40am On Feb 09, 2011
Stromae:

aahhh a double dose of comical errors

1. Jonathan insinuating a highly performing and popular governor is a rascal without addressing Akala and Daniel's issues.

GBAM!!!
Re: Janathan Calls Fashola A Rascal! by enyojo(f): 8:41am On Feb 09, 2011
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Re: Janathan Calls Fashola A Rascal! by Kobojunkie: 8:43am On Feb 09, 2011
^^^ no be Atiku be that? Was that picture taken before or after he was supposedly dumped and called a rascal? grin
Re: Janathan Calls Fashola A Rascal! by enyojo(f): 9:04am On Feb 09, 2011
Kobojunkie:

^^^ no be Atiku be that? Was that picture taken before or after he was supposedly dumped and called a rascal? grin

WHERE YOU C ATIKU?
ANY WAY SHA THOSE FACES THERE ARE AS UGLY AS ATIKU'S CORRUPTICALLY SPEAKING
Re: Janathan Calls Fashola A Rascal! by yemmight(m): 9:08am On Feb 09, 2011
Jonathan is a disappointment. He has not demonstrated any good political skills in his speeches anywhere he goes.
Re: Janathan Calls Fashola A Rascal! by enyojo(f): 10:00am On Feb 09, 2011
Tell them
Re: Janathan Calls Fashola A Rascal! by Nobody: 10:09am On Feb 09, 2011
Let us look at the 2 PDP Governors in the southwest. Gbenga Daniel, who runs the state without a legislature. Under him 9 lawmakers suspended 15 lawmakers, and Alao Akala who runs Oya state with Thugs. Compare them with the ACN Governors, Fashola the achiever, and the other 3 Governors who followed due process in court to get back their mandates. So am confused when Pres. Goodluck refers to the formers as rascals. issue base campaign indeed
Re: Janathan Calls Fashola A Rascal! by KnowAll(m): 11:00am On Feb 09, 2011
I think Fashola is less than a rascal, calling him a rascal is a goodwill and a commendable message. Fashola has allowed scallywags like Tinubu to be in power for 12 years now and still counting.

This man’s influence in Lagos has not only truncated Fashola’s unprecedented first 100 days performance in office to a mediocre performance of late, but it has allowed minnows like Amechi from Rivers State, and the reformist in Jigawa State to look like formidable men and the real deal.

Maybe it is about time PDP and Dosunmu to wrestle the power from Messers Fashola(I mean Tinubu), he seems to have lost his way mid term.
Re: Janathan Calls Fashola A Rascal! by enyojo(f): 11:08am On Feb 09, 2011
aisha2:

Let us look at the 2 PDP Governors in the southwest. Gbenga Daniel, who runs the state without a legislature. Under him 9 lawmakers suspended 15 lawmakers, and Alao Akala who runs Oya state with Thugs. Compare them with the ACN Governors, Fashola the achiever, and the other 3 Governors who followed due process in court to get back their mandates. So am confused when Pres. Goodluck refers to the formers as rascals. issue base campaign indeed

My sister E tire me o
Re: Janathan Calls Fashola A Rascal! by enyojo(f): 11:09am On Feb 09, 2011
Face of Badluck

Re: Janathan Calls Fashola A Rascal! by maclatunji: 11:35am On Feb 09, 2011
Abeg, you guys no give the Jonathan publicists heart-attack O, the way their Principal is being bashed on this forum is something else. Well, he has himself to blame, he is dinning with people who cannot offer anything new or initiate and implement progressive ideas.
Re: Janathan Calls Fashola A Rascal! by Diligence: 12:18pm On Feb 09, 2011
I ain't surprised at all - calling south-west the most important at the expense of Niger Delta's oil is not only reckless but piteous. It reeks of admission of failure as government.

South west (nay Lagos) happens to be an illegitimate beneficiary of injustice meted out at old Eastern region.

That the south-westerners are rascals (-) is actually true!
Re: Janathan Calls Fashola A Rascal! by Superbrain(m): 12:20pm On Feb 09, 2011
Jonathan is a disappointment to the people of the Niger Delta. How dare him imply that Fashola is a rascal angry angry? One fan down, more to go. I knew PDP will rubbish his personality. Good riddance to bad rubbish. I wonder what PDP has achieved in the South-West that they're making noise about.
Re: Janathan Calls Fashola A Rascal! by rasputinn(m): 12:23pm On Feb 09, 2011
@ Enyojo

I thought you were only an aprokoish amebo,now I know you're evil.When did GEJ ever call Fashola names(for your info BRF is highly admired by GEJ,during the period BRF had his infamous face off with the rascally Tinubu,GEJ made overtures to BRF to cross over to the PDP,this was one of the things that made Tinubu to back off a bit,knowing that BRF enjoys an outlandish amount of goodwill and would most likely win the governorship election even if he defects to the PDP),GEJ would never use demeaning words while referring to BRF,those the president was referring to know themselves
Re: Janathan Calls Fashola A Rascal! by rasputinn(m): 12:24pm On Feb 09, 2011
Superbrain:

Jonathan is a disappointment to the people of the Niger Delta. How dare him imply that Fashola is a rascal angry angry? One fan down, more to go. I knew PDP will rubbish his personality. Good riddance to bad rubbish. I wonder what PDP has achieved in the South-West that they're making noise about.

And you call yourself superbrain,o boy comot the wool from ya eye make you for see wella
Re: Janathan Calls Fashola A Rascal! by mukina2: 12:25pm On Feb 09, 2011

(1)

All Is Not Well With Education In Ekiti, Says Fayemi / BREAKING NEWS: Aminu Waziri Tambuwal Emerges House Of Rep Speaker / Breaking News: Ojukwu Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.