Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,521 members, 7,836,990 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

Nigeria Exports $81.48bn Electricity On Credit As Country’s Blackout Persists - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Exports $81.48bn Electricity On Credit As Country’s Blackout Persists (18378 Views)

NBS: Nigeria’s Exports Outpace Imports, Trade Surplus Hit ₦‎3.5trn In 9 Months / 49 Of 127 Buhari, Osinbajo’s Aides Get N2.48bn In Four Years / FG Secures Senator Nwaoboshi's Arrest Warrant Over Diversion Of N3.48bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Exports $81.48bn Electricity On Credit As Country’s Blackout Persists by BreconHills(m): 11:52am On Jul 27, 2020
Ibime:
This report is false and the author is mixing up Naira and dollars.

How will Nigeria who operate on a budget of roughly $30bln per year be due over $88bln from neighbours for two years worth of electricity supply.

That means our budget can be covered by just selling electricity to neighbours.

I believe the 88bln is a Naira amount, not a dollar amount. Both the journlist and his editor should be flogged for this.

On another note, I believe selling electricity to neighbours was one of the stipulations that came with damming the river at Kainji. Usually when you dam a river, you come to some arrangement with your neighbours.

Well said
Re: Nigeria Exports $81.48bn Electricity On Credit As Country’s Blackout Persists by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 27, 2020
Omooba77:

Are they not supposed to pay for what they bought. We know the narrative about maximizing dams. If they don't pay how do we maintain the turbines and other accessories.

First of all those figures are nonsensical. Those countries all have gdps of pess than 25 to 30 bn usd. Their govt budgets arent up to 5 bn usd. No way they consumed that much. And no way Nigeria generated that much in usd terms.

Like I said there are agreements on river power generation. Those have to do with river generation which when u consider are in the MWs not up to GW. The hydro plants are usually 180 , 200 to 500 MW max. Those countries get a cut from that. No way it is that amount.

I highlighted the disorder in our own gas dependent system that should be doing near 40 GW. The false reporting should cut out the implication that Naija is somehow doing a favor for anybody and adversely affecting itself.... big brother narrative spin... completely false.

Our gas projects share nothing with anybody and are responsible for more than 85 percent of our generation and almost 95 percent of all licensed capacity, which for now is nearly 20gw.

But ofc, since nothing is moving we can only realistically generate less than 5 gw.

Whatever issues we have with these countries would most likely be settled, my own is just to point out the perceived obfuscation of facts. To make Naija appear capable and generous to a fault. Those bills do not factor into the big picture of why we dont have light/power. Too small of a component in the overall picture.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Exports $81.48bn Electricity On Credit As Country’s Blackout Persists by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jul 27, 2020
Why wont they share after-all no one complains , we re too happy to pay the bills for light they did not receive.
Re: Nigeria Exports $81.48bn Electricity On Credit As Country’s Blackout Persists by Wande22(m): 12:25pm On Jul 27, 2020
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
FakeMillionaire:
9ja matter tire me.....i enter Paris and i asked d hotel manager weda dem dey take light for d hotel,d man luk me nd asked which country i come frm and i say 9jeria....he laughed and said "when God said let there b light nigeria was not among" i jus faint.
grin grin

cry
Re: Nigeria Exports $81.48bn Electricity On Credit As Country’s Blackout Persists by Bassa1: 12:35pm On Jul 27, 2020
It's in naira not dollar, d ops definitely made a mistake.
Openbusiness4:
Where are those NDDC anti-corruption crusaders oh?

$81.48 billion = N38 trillion naira approx.

Where is your outrage? Where is your voice against this monumental ineptitude and mind-blowing staggering corruption. If a common Nigerian citizen as much as owe Nepa bill of N10K, dey will bring ladder and cut your light. As a prepaid meter user, once d units finish, light don go b dat. NEPA has never recharge my meter on credit before. Na money before service. Where is your rage and call for probe and punishment? I'm not supporting corruption, never have, never will. But I will never support chasing after small thieves and leaving the bigger thieves to continue stealing this country to death.

N38 trillion naira minus 90 billion naira = N37,910,000,000,000 trillion naira.

Where are those one-sided Buhari anti-corruption fighters? Come and see another one oh. We have not even talk about the 48 million barrels of oil that has been siphoned to China. That's the one we know oh, what of the ones we don't know.
Re: Nigeria Exports $81.48bn Electricity On Credit As Country’s Blackout Persists by ZooOga: 12:39pm On Jul 27, 2020
I never see or hear about big boys from the Republics of Togo, Niger and Benin flossing in Dubai.

I'm sure dey have corrupt looters and 419ers also but I have never seen it in the news.

And bleep Malami for protecting the cabal.

Re: Nigeria Exports $81.48bn Electricity On Credit As Country’s Blackout Persists by Ghostmode2two(m): 12:45pm On Jul 27, 2020
And they are killing us with estimated billing system and threatening us by forcefully cutting and folding our wires from the poles. They should go and cut the wires supplying those countries jare
Re: Nigeria Exports $81.48bn Electricity On Credit As Country’s Blackout Persists by Openbusiness4: 12:59pm On Jul 27, 2020
Bassa1:
It's in naira not dollar, d ops definitely made a mistake.
Even if it is naira, is N81 billion a small money? As a citizen of Nigeria has NEPA giving you light on credit before? I mean, legally, not the one dat we go and climb pole and tap light to use and not pay, or the one dey bring bill for use and we don't pay and they cut light till we pay or bribe. All dat illegal runs. But I mean legally, providing credit facility for citizens to use electricity for a long period on credit, let's say for 3 months, they recharge your card on credit to pay later? NEVER! NEVER EVER!!! NEVER EVER TO THE FOREVER EVER!!!!! So how did "foreigners" get electricity facility of N81 billion on credit? How I will tell you how: MONUMENTAL CORRUPTION!
Re: Nigeria Exports $81.48bn Electricity On Credit As Country’s Blackout Persists by Omooba77: 1:00pm On Jul 27, 2020
onlyfacts:

Op I am not impressed with this your post.

Do you know the origin of river Niger?

It originates or starts from GUINEA, passes through MALI, NIGER, BENIN REPUBLIC before entering NIGERIA.

We are the last bus stop for the river, hope you know the implications of that?

We are able to have light because of the kanji dam we built along that river. Guinea, Mali, Niger and Benin Republic can also build dams along the Niger river that passes their countries but if they do, the kanji dam won't have enough water in its dam to generate hydroelectricity. So to prevent these countries from damming the Niger river in their countries, Nigeria must distribute a portion of its kanji dam electricity to them, which they in turn will pay for.

These your post in misleading to people who don't understand this.
The origin is Futa Jallon highland in Guinea.. If my Geography still serve me right
Re: Nigeria Exports $81.48bn Electricity On Credit As Country’s Blackout Persists by Omooba77: 1:01pm On Jul 27, 2020
ZooOga:
I never see or hear about big boys from the Republics of Togo, Niger and Benin flossing in Dubai.

I'm sure dey have corrupt looters and 419ers also but I have never seen it in the news.

And bleep Malami for protecting the cabal.

French colony most time hide in France.
Re: Nigeria Exports $81.48bn Electricity On Credit As Country’s Blackout Persists by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 1:16pm On Jul 27, 2020
Ibime:
This report is false and the author is mixing up Naira and dollars.

How will Nigeria who operate on a budget of roughly $30bln per year be due over $88bln from neighbours for two years worth of electricity supply.

That means our budget can be covered by just selling electricity to neighbours.

I believe the 88bln is a Naira amount, not a dollar amount. Both the journlist and his editor should be flogged for this.

On another note, I believe selling electricity to neighbours was one of the stipulations that came with damming the river at Kainji. Usually when you dam a river, you come to some arrangement with your neighbours.

Can't you see he is a APC supporter he just woke up this morning looking for a story to put on nairaland. Two or three days ago I remember somebody says Nigeria can generate N18 trillion in a month in revenue. Anybody from the ruling party just come online as this whatever they want
Re: Nigeria Exports $81.48bn Electricity On Credit As Country’s Blackout Persists by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 1:22pm On Jul 27, 2020
chukemmang:
If person tell me say no be mental problem dey worry Nigerian government, I no go gree.

You never give your country light but you dey give other countries light on credit.

Nigeria dey burn due to insecurity from bokoharam, bandits and Fulani herdsmen yet the imb*cile travel go Mali to make peace.

Is all this not madness? Why do we have lunatics running the affairs of Nigeria?

Why have Nigerians voted lunatics to run their country?

Does it mean Nigerians are likewise lunatics?

Illiterate stupid and poverty are the problem with Nigeria not the government. If you put a Nigerian in a developing country the first thing they will do they will go and vote for a Nigerian criminal to lead them and as their suffering they are smiling opening their big mouth day at the giant of the world

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Exports $81.48bn Electricity On Credit As Country’s Blackout Persists by NigeriaIsDoomed: 1:32pm On Jul 27, 2020
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

Illiterate stupid and poverty are the problem with Nigeria not the government. If you put a Nigerian in a developing country the first thing they will do they will go and vote for a Nigerian criminal to lead them and as their suffering they are smiling opening their big mouth day at the giant of the world
I stand with you on this btother.
Ghana just announced 3 months of free electricity and water package as a covid-19 palliative to her citizens.
The citizens of African Giant of poverty capital of the world without light are suffering, smiling and scheming to vote a criminal, thief, and drug lord to rule them in 2023.
Doomed country and a shithole enclave

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Exports $81.48bn Electricity On Credit As Country’s Blackout Persists by pacespot(m): 1:37pm On Jul 27, 2020
nigeria indeed is surrounded by poor neighbours, if our economy starts booming tomorrow, we will be faced with a lot of immigration issues
Re: Nigeria Exports $81.48bn Electricity On Credit As Country’s Blackout Persists by SUFFERInSMILIIN(m): 1:43pm On Jul 27, 2020
pacespot:
nigeria indeed is surrounded by poor neighbours, if our economy starts booming tomorrow, we will be faced with a lot of immigration issues

There is something which is surprising me why doesn't the government just sell the people to other countries instead of selling the wealth of the country to the world

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Exports $81.48bn Electricity On Credit As Country’s Blackout Persists by abdullahi45: 1:45pm On Jul 27, 2020
SLS said it so beautifully, Nigeria imports what it has and export what it lacks

True but quite pathetic, we hope our politicians survive the cognitive disorder and start to do things plausibly..
Re: Nigeria Exports $81.48bn Electricity On Credit As Country’s Blackout Persists by myles16(m): 1:51pm On Jul 27, 2020
This is The real Big Brother Naija
Re: Nigeria Exports $81.48bn Electricity On Credit As Country’s Blackout Persists by onlyfacts: 1:53pm On Jul 27, 2020
Omooba77:

The origin is Futa Jallon highland in Guinea.. If my Geography still serve me right

Yes it originates in the Guinea Highlands in southeastern Guinea, so that should tell you we don't own a monopoly to the resources of the NIGER RIVER, the kanji dam electricity generation being one of them.
Re: Nigeria Exports $81.48bn Electricity On Credit As Country’s Blackout Persists by WelcomeToBiafra: 2:18pm On Jul 27, 2020
Now, where is the money

Fulani in from the north have looted the electricity money and keep everyone in the dark they are even lying to zombies that the money has not been paid.

The zoo is selling our light while keeping us in darkness. Nigeria is evil that must be cast out of our land.

Re: Nigeria Exports $81.48bn Electricity On Credit As Country’s Blackout Persists by Yakubu113: 3:01pm On Jul 27, 2020
Giving what you don't have grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Exports $81.48bn Electricity On Credit As Country’s Blackout Persists by Omooba77: 3:08pm On Jul 27, 2020
onlyfacts:

Yes it originates in the Guinea Highlands in southeastern Guinea, so that should tell you we don't own a monopoly to the resources of the NIGER RIVER, the kanji dam electricity generation being one of them.

This agreement dated back before 1967 when Kainji dam was established.
Re: Nigeria Exports $81.48bn Electricity On Credit As Country’s Blackout Persists by pacespot(m): 4:29pm On Jul 27, 2020
SUFFERInSMILIIN:

There is something which is surprising me why doesn't the government just sell the people to other countries instead of selling the wealth of the country to the world
NIGERIA just love to play a big brothers role in africa. it played similar role in helping south africa during apathy era
Re: Nigeria Exports $81.48bn Electricity On Credit As Country’s Blackout Persists by chaloskyx: 4:54pm On Jul 27, 2020
YOU DO THIS BECAUSE IF YOU DIRECT THE ELECTRICITY TO NIGERIANS YOU WONT MAKE THAT MONEY AND THAT IS BECAUSE YOU HAVE REFUSED TO PLACE PROPER METERING INFRASTRUCTURE IN ALL NIGERIAN HOUSEHOLDS AS SUCH YOU CANT MONITOR AND GEBERATE PROPER REVENUE EQUIVALENT TO THE ONE YOU SELL TO OUR NEIGHBOURS
Re: Nigeria Exports $81.48bn Electricity On Credit As Country’s Blackout Persists by Elsiedaniels(f): 6:20pm On Jul 27, 2020
Here
Re: Nigeria Exports $81.48bn Electricity On Credit As Country’s Blackout Persists by Adesuntim95(m): 8:53pm On Jul 27, 2020
You can't give what you don't have- Motivational speakers.

No be here o

Nigeria will always prove you wrong.
Re: Nigeria Exports $81.48bn Electricity On Credit As Country’s Blackout Persists by Alexpetra: 10:51pm On Jul 27, 2020
i don't believe this...how can you give what you don't have. you can be hypothetical without you knowing (not obviously).
how much is the full country that $81billion dey outside, and one yeye NEPA guy go dey cut my lyt becus of $4 . GOD GO, no SHANGO AND THUNDER FIRE ALL NIGERIA LEADERS .
Re: Nigeria Exports $81.48bn Electricity On Credit As Country’s Blackout Persists by ykalhaji(m): 5:01am On Jul 28, 2020
OP should correct his/her post. It is in Naira no Dollars.
Re: Nigeria Exports $81.48bn Electricity On Credit As Country’s Blackout Persists by orisa37: 7:48am On Jul 28, 2020
YOU MEAN WE ARE ENJOYING ELECTRICITY ON "BACHI". BUHARI'S CREDIT WORTHY.
Re: Nigeria Exports $81.48bn Electricity On Credit As Country’s Blackout Persists by Decive: 8:58am On Jul 28, 2020
Among the myriad, earth-shattering geopolitical effects of coronavirus, one is already graphically evident. China has re-positioned itself. For the first time since the start of Deng Xiaoping’s reforms in 1978, Beijing openly regards the US as a threat, as stated a month ago by Foreign Minister Wang Yi at the Munich Security Conference during the peak of the fight against coronavirus. Beijing is carefully, incrementally shaping the narrative that, from the beginning of the coronovirus attack, the leadership knew it was under a hybrid war attack. Xi’s terminology is a major clue. He said, on the record, that this was war. And, as a counter-attack, a “people’s war” had to be launched.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bandits Kill Soldiers, Kidnap Motorists In Zamfara / CSO To Governor Uzodinma Allegedly Arrested For 'Illegal Abduction Of Uche Nwosu / Bandits Are Being Released Without Charges, Matawalle Raises Alarm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.