Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,323 members, 7,819,103 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. (5274 Views)

Akpabio Refuses To Apologise To Goje In The Senate Over Comment / OBAS CAN'T GUARANTEE VOTES for GEJ –South West People's Assembly / How PDP Sell The Future Of South West People For A Porridge: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by JaaizTech: 8:06am On Feb 11, 2011
Gbawe:

Look , I can't remember all the words I have used to qualifiy GEJ but non would be of a personally insultive nature because I have nothing against GEJ personally. Instead I am totally opposed to what he stands for . Our Country will see no progress till those who have rendered her wretched have totally miniscule involvement in the way Nigeria is governed. They are all behind Jonathan and we see their hands in the deleterious policies , poor and politically motivated appointments plus the callous profligacy of GEJ , reminiscent of the past, that is unsustainable in a modern democracy and in these financially trying times for the entire globe.

We are not all morbidly scared of the SSS you know. I know that might be difficult for you to understand. Next time don't make idle threats against people you know nothing about.

@Gbawe, there is no point trying hard to make these people see reason, because they have deliberately decided to stop thinking. Instead of admitting that Jonathan erred in his comments and advise/hope He doesn't make such comments again, they are busy trying to defend him stupidly.

One was even talking about achievements in power sector etc; and I wonder how GEJ had suddenly been able to build new power plants and refineries, within a very short period of time;as for performance I wouldn't rate GEJ, because He couldn't have possibly done much given the time limitations, however He shouldn't be credited with what is not his due.Lest I forget, if He successfully pulls this "free and fair" election thing off, then He would have painted his name in Gold, in the sands of time.
Re: Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by anonimi: 8:12am On Feb 11, 2011
But indeed GEJ is right on the spot that reformed Action Group (I forgot that they have upgraded to Action Congress + Nigeria) is a bunch of rascals and pseudo-progressive dictators masquerading as democratic elders.
PDP has shown itself to be a MORE democratic establishment catering to diverse and divergent views through electoral primaries as evidence of its internal structural democratic values and obedience to court orders under GEJ's watch.
What do we have in Action Group (sorry again, Action Congress + Nigeria)? A group of geriatrics playing tingods and led by an Ashiwaju of Area Boys and Thug-in-Chief Ojuyobo who has imposed close and distant family members on the docile mass of people that makes up his party followers in the South West.

Btw, I hope all those posting on this thread know ALL candidates seeking office as State and National Assembly legilators in your constituency.
Re: Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by plegend(m): 8:26am On Feb 11, 2011
What better way to show love,invite ppl for events & advertise your business this season via SMS/texts for a PROMO price of N1.60k/sms(from 1000units and above)

legendbulksmsDOTcom
Re: Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by Gbenge77(m): 8:27am On Feb 11, 2011
But of course,Dear GEJ,you ascended to the presidency by chance and you have always been an opportunist.Listening to you,a visitor to nigeria would be tempted to think you were a political tout and not the president.'we will not allow rascals to take over the south-west'.the opposition parties are gradually taking over the south-west,and on this basis,you go on to conclude that they are rascals? Contemplative ghosts;unfounded ,reckless and most unpresidential.u and i know that u cant substantiate that deduction,Dear GEJ.  The question is why make them and inauspiciously too!Please mention any PDP governor that has outperfomed  BRF. Talk is cheap,Dear GEJ.Outrageous!and come to think of it,if he is a' rascal' as you suggested,then all political office holders,including yourself, had better be a 'rascal ' so Nigeria can be a better place.U can do better than that,dear GEJ.                         I dare say that rascality is peculiarly,PDP,S and name-calling is not the way to be of use.Give us facts,figures,dates,and sums.useful fighting tools.We would love to have them,Dear GEJ.
Re: Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by anonimi: 8:28am On Feb 11, 2011
Sunny Udochukwu is actually a spot holder for now. Ribadu has picked Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala as his running mate but Tinubu is against it because "she is too opinionated".However, They have until February 15 to substitute Ugochukwu.

Any need for further proof that GEJ was spot on about his assessment that the South West is being held by rascals with Ashiwaju of Area Boys as the Rascal-in-Chief (RiC) of the Autocrats Congress of Nigeria.
Fashola is in bad company and kudos for his smart moves to have achieved the little that he has despite the overbearing influence of super godfather Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
Re: Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by hubreality(m): 8:45am On Feb 11, 2011
Funny enough, it's only a rascal that will admit 2 be one. Jonathan never mentioned names, Though I don't support any of such or similar public comments from any politician. Ribadu is 100% neither good with his public speeches.
Re: Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by Ultrame(m): 8:48am On Feb 11, 2011
paraphrase ]
What held you down not to vote? People like you arent working toward the change we need.Ordinary voters registration you didnt do it and you expect a change.Pls stop making posting sef,we dont need people like you.

[/quote]

You are clearly a holier-than-thou, not-so-smart doofus! How exactly did you know i did not 'work hard' to get registered? Despite my tight schedule, i still made spirited attempts to get myself registered and you are here running your dirty mouth as if you own nairaland.

Please don't get me started, the day is still too early for banters with no-brainers.

[quote author=hubreality:

Funny enough, it's only a rascal that will admit 2 be one. Jonathan never mentioned names, Though I don't support any of such or similar public comments from any politician. Ribadu is 100% neither good with his public speeches.

So my brother, if I'm in a room, wearing a red shirt and some dude shows up and says: "Everybody in this room wearing a red shirt is irresponsible". I should simply imply he's not talking to me because he did not mention my name?

No sir! Not only will i let him know I'm responsible, I'll be personally responsible for his humiliation.
Re: Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by twinstaiye(m): 8:49am On Feb 11, 2011
Isnt Ribadu a Rascal? What else do you call a presidential aspirant who is calling on the incumbent to resign.?
Re: Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by Razman4fun(m): 8:54am On Feb 11, 2011
Oh! Little dude of GEJ,do not be ruined by praise,bt rather be raised by criticism, criticisin Ribadu or ACN wil nt help ur BEAF(GEJ),u rather lecture him on campaign strategy, as am hopin nobody hav it in PDP,u can get it in bulk 4rm d prominent son of ACN, (Bola Ahmed Tinubu) et'al, jst Advise!!!
Re: Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by Gbawe: 8:55am On Feb 11, 2011
twinstaiye:

Isnt Ribadu a Rascal? What else do you call a presidential aspirant who is calling on the incumbent to resign.?

Nigerians and our twilight zone utterances !!!! Well, most Egyptians must be "rascals" then since they have asked Mubarak to step down. The Tunisians are definately "rascals" x 100 since they actually chased their leader out of town.
Re: Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by twinstaiye(m): 9:09am On Feb 11, 2011
Gbawe:

Nigerians and our twilight zone utterances !!!! Well, most Egyptians must be "rascals" then since they have asked Mubarak to step down. The Tunisians are definately "rascals" x 100 since they actually chased their leader out of town.
The Tunisians and Egyptians aint rascals, they are right in asking their sit tight President to step aside.
Re: Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by Ultrame(m): 9:10am On Feb 11, 2011
twinstaiye:

And have you reviewed the grounds on which that call was made? Have you checked the seriousness and validity of those allegations? If you truly have, I'm quite sure you'll be the one calling for GEJ's head on a stake.
Re: Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by hubreality(m): 9:11am On Feb 11, 2011
Far to sees and sad to sees, All of them are guilty of talking any how during election campaigns if that tend to be an offence to prosecute them for. I guess Jonathan has a more listening ears and he'll definitely adjust diplomatically at making public speeches at this crucial time of his campaign.
Re: Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by Gbawe: 9:22am On Feb 11, 2011
twinstaiye:

The Tunisians and Egyptians aint rascals, they are right in asking their sit tight President to step aside.

You forget that GEJ is not really new. He is the head of a twelve years old monster that has been an absolute nightmare for Nigerians . He has not done anything differently to leave any decent opposition leader any other choice than to ask him to leave the stage. You think Ribadu would not be embarrased to make this call if Jonathan was performing ? By the way , the PDP is a "sit-tight" Government also if one goes by the many judicial judgement that has gone against its elective representatives.
Re: Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by twinstaiye(m): 9:40am On Feb 11, 2011
Gbawe:

You forget that GEJ is not really new. He is the head of a twelve years old monster that has been an absolute nightmare for Nigerians . He has not done anything differently to leave any decent opposition leader any other choice than to ask him to leave the stage. You think Ribadu would not be embarrased to make this call if Jonathan was performing ? By the way , the PDP is a "sit-tight" Government also if one goes by the many judicial judgement that has gone against its elective representatives.
Hear yourself. Done anything differently? Presidency isnt easy as you are making it sounds. As for me, this is the chance the minority has in this country, let them do it for once, this is the chance the new breed has to be President, we need to grab it. Am out of here.
Re: Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by hubreality(m): 9:41am On Feb 11, 2011
It will be a lame strategy for Ribadu to use; election campaign party counter speeches, untill he start telling us how he will curb innocent killings and destruction of properties, addressing religious and communial leaders in his region to ensure they end this evil act among the people. It will be very hard to trust him either. No Sentiments Attached!
Re: Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by Echez25(m): 9:45am On Feb 11, 2011
YES, GEJ SHOULD SHOW SOME APPOLOGETIC RESPECT TO THE ( FELT) INSULTED SW PEOPLE,BUT IT IS NOT A CRITERIA THAT RIBABU OF WHATEVER HE TRIES TO DO IS VERY PASSIVE IN TRYING TO BE THE PRESIDENT OF THIS NATION NIGERIA, GEJ STILL HAS THE SUPPORT OF THE PEOPLE OF NIGERIA, EVEN ME. RIBADU ! U ARE TRYING TO BITE THE HANDS THAT MADE U A FREE MAN AGAIN IN NIGERIA. REMEMBER,HE WAS ON EXILE DURING OBJ'S TENURE,NOW GEJ HAD SHOWN COMPASSION ON HIM,HE'S TRYING TO TAKE A BITE.

THE NORTH,IS NOT TO RULE NIGERIA FOREVER. LET GEJ, BE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by Gbawe: 10:27am On Feb 11, 2011
twinstaiye:

Hear yourself. Done anything differently? Presidency isnt easy as you are making it sounds. As for me, this is the chance the minority has in this country, let them do it for once, this is the chance the new breed has to be President, we need to grab it. Am out of here.

No. Rather , you should hear[i] yourself [/i] !!! This is how low some of you have set the standards of leadership. This is why we have very poor administrators , compelled to do the barest minimum , in charge of Nigeria. If GEJ is seen to be trying will we not give him time ? You say presidency is not easy yet you fail to realise that it can only be insincerity and ineptitude that makes Jonathan deploy another Aondoakaa , in the form of Adoke, when Nigeria , as a nation with one of the most corrupt judiciary on earth, is screaming for a Femi Falana type as AGF. It is lack of goodwill and selfish myopia that led Jonathan , at a time security is at its worst, to appoint Ringim as IGP when all those senior to our current IGP's were better qualifed academically, proffesionally and meritocratically !!!! How about Waziri as EFCC boss ? What war are we fighting against corruption with her ilk in charge? Has the Senate not just rejected Jonathan choice of a 72 years old man as ICPC boss? I could go on !! If GEJ deliberately fails to get it right with something as basic as getting the right folks into very important and influential positions how does your excuse of "presidency is not easy" sensible? The man is not even trying for god sake !!!!! In fact he is deliberately and wilfully doing what is wrong encouraged by a populace with very low expectations of their leaders.
Re: Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by POTUT(m): 2:30pm On Feb 11, 2011
administrators , compelled to do the barest minimum , in charge of Nigeria. If GEJ is seen to be trying will we not give him time ? You say presidency is not easy yet you fail to realise that it can only be insincerity and ineptitude that makes Jonathan deploy another Aondoakaa , in the form of Adoke, when Nigeria , as a nation with one of the most corrupt judiciary on earth, is screaming for a Femi Falana type as AGF. It is lack of goodwill and selfish myopia that led Jonathan , at a time security is at its worst, to appoint Ringim as IGP when all those senior to our current IGP's were better qualifed academically, proffesionally and meritocratically !!!! How about Waziri as EFCC boss ? What war are we fighting against corruption with her ilk in charge? Has the Senate not just rejected Jonathan choice of a 72 years old man as ICPC boss? I could go on !! If GEJ deliberately fails to get it right with something as basic as getting the right folks into very important and influential positions how does your excuse of "presidency is not easy" sensible? The man is not even trying for god sake !!!!! In fact he is deliberately and wilfully doing what is wrong encouraged by a populace with very low expectations of their leaders.

I hope you did criticize Yar'dua this much. All Presidents before GEJ have performed questionable in many areas. I doubt people like you rent the air with this type of airtight criticism. Yar'dua was far more docile than GEJ.

Did anyone of them EVER appoint an honest AGF? Is it because GEJ is from a minority that people like you think you can shout him down every step of the way? Before Onovo was finally appointed as IG, were there not less superior officers appointed before him?

GEJ is NOT deliberately doing what is wrong as you believe and NIgerians have ALWAYS had very low expectations of their leaders.

What is the difference between a Waziri in charge and a Ribadu in charge. Waziri is not fighting selective wars as opposed to Ribadu and GEJ is not blindly witch hunting people like OBJ did.

People like you only cry eclipse when the sun has moved to the other side, it is not eclipse everywhere.
Re: Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by vocalist(f): 4:44pm On Feb 11, 2011
All Of U Can Go To Hell And Burn To Ashes, Dr. Jonathan Is The Man If U Like Say What Ever It Does Not Matter, What Matter Is Wat God Has Said Concerning A Man's Destiny, So If U Stand U Die So So That God's Plan Will Come To Pass, Please Pas This Message To Rufodio Or Ribadu I Don’t Care Wat U Call Him, Ungrateful Human Beings!!!!!!!, and note that you can not fight God.
Re: Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by dayokanu(m): 5:31pm On Feb 11, 2011
POTUT:

I hope you did criticize Yar'dua this much. All Presidents before GEJ have performed questionable in many areas. I doubt people like you rent the air with this type of airtight criticism. Yar'dua was far more docile than GEJ.

GEJ is NOT deliberately doing what is wrong as you believe and NIgerians have ALWAYS had very low expectations of their leaders.

Are you insinuating GEJ is mentally handicapped to know what he is doing is abnormal?

What is the difference between a Waziri in charge and a Ribadu in charge. Waziri is not fighting selective wars as opposed to Ribadu and GEJ is not blindly witch hunting people like OBJ did.

Ribadu was selective, Waziri is not doing nothing.

Ribadu was the one who nailed Tafa Balogun, He was the one who nailed GEJ's mentor Alams while GEJ was looking like the mumu he is
Re: Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by Nobody: 8:39pm On Feb 11, 2011
I am only afraid of rigging the election if not we have made our choice RIBADU, He has something to offer unlike EBELE full of incompetency, ACN WILL DEFINATELY CHANGE THIS COUNTRY 4 BETTER
Re: Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by Concept(m): 12:57am On Feb 12, 2011
If achievers are tagged rascals, then rascals' party deserve our votes. shikena.
Re: Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by calaharry: 9:37pm On Feb 16, 2011
"NANO DAT QUOD NON HABIT"This is a legal maxim, meaning you cannot give what you do not have.

It is highly incredible that some of the contesting politicians that are ignorantly attacking GEJ cannot understand simple english in GEJ's speech at the rally. They should all go back to school and learn how to read in between the lines.Ignoramus like this is the greatest cause of Nigerian's perenial darkness and backness amidst natural endowment.
Re: Apologise To The South West People Now- Ribadu Tells Jonathan. by calaharry: 9:42pm On Feb 16, 2011
There is nothing for GEJ to apologize for, rather there is tutoring for GEJ to do for those who do not understand his english and massively took it out of context.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wike Hails U.S For Partnering Rivers Against AIDS / Akpabio Called Dino Melaye After PDP Primaries / Buhari's Own Is Even Better, See What Rivers State Governor Called Coronavirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.