Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,978 members, 7,817,882 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Tinubu Is Overhyped: Three Things We Learnt From The Fallout Between Ngige And F - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Is Overhyped: Three Things We Learnt From The Fallout Between Ngige And F (4443 Views)

See Why Chris Ngige And Hon. Falake Exchange Insults Over Tinubu / Face-off Between Ngige And Oshiomhole Will Be Settled Amicably, Says Minister / Congress Fallout: APC Shocks Tinubu, Ajimobi, Kwankwaso, Dogara, Amaechi, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Is Overhyped: Three Things We Learnt From The Fallout Between Ngige And F by Observinho: 9:34pm On Jul 29, 2020
We are all aware of the recent drama that ensued between the Minister of Labour and Employment, Dr. Chris Ngige, and Hon. James Faleke representing Ikeja Federal Constituency, Lagos.
In case you missed it, here is a summary:
Ngige was invited to explain the suspension of Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) management amidst allegations against him.
As proceedings went on, Faleke, while asking his question, seemed to have ridiculed the minister.
The lawmaker suggested that Ngige was appointed a minister even though President Muhammadu Buhari lost in his area during the presidential election. He also made some allegations against the wife of the minister in a move that seemed personal.
Ngige responded:
"You are like my junior brothers...except Faleke that they say he's up to 60, I don't know," Faleke then cut in, saying "I'm sixty-plus..." To which Ngige retorted: “So you are near my age, at least I am seven years older than you. I’m the same age with your mentor in Lagos, Asiwaju,” (making reference to Bola Tinubu, the national leader of the APC and former Lagos governor.) “And I was governor with him at the same time. He was a senator, I was a senator. I am a two-time minister, he isn’t a two-time minister,” he added. Again, Faleke interrupted saying “but he (Tinubu) won all his elections very well,” in an apparent reference to the controversies that trailed Ngige’s election as governor of Anambra state.
Meanwhile, when Faleke asked the minister to respond to questions, he said: “I’m responding my friend, if you yab me, I yab you ten times. I am a Lagos boy, you are just a small boy in Lagos. Look at this Mushin boy, he’s talking to a VI boy. I live in Victoria Island. Look at this Mushin boy from Kogi o.”
While the whole debacle was somewhat hilarious, there are however some pick ups therefrom:
1. Our government officials will not cease to embarrass us.
Watching the whole event on Youtube, one would think this was just a meeting of friends who are having some scores to settle over some bottles of liquor. It didn’t have the seriousness and decorum expected of top government officials discussing issues of serious importance bothering on allegations of corruption. ‘Mushin boy’; ‘V.I. boy’… These terms were way too much of a joke on such an occasion. It tells a lot about the caliber of people we elect into positions of governance in this country.
2. The second arm of government is increasingly becoming a joke in Nigeria. First it was Festus Keyamo, having a brawl with some senators, which almost went fisty., now Chris Ngige turning a house committee probe panel into a ‘bunch of small boys’. Well the reason for this is not far-fetched. He who fetches ant-infested firewood should be ready to entertain the Lizard as his guest. The legislature had earlier made itself a stooge to the executive who in an unprecedented move has taken the responsibility of handpicking the Senate president and the Speaker of House of Representatives. No wonder the house has been tagged a ‘rubber-stamp’, which means that they don’t question the decisions of the executives as they should, but simply vetoes them. The legislature should be an independent arm of government, serving as a proper watch dog to the executive and judiciary. But lately, this hasn’t been the case in Nigeria.
3. Tinubu is overhyped:
The national leader of APC was dragged into the fiasco by the minister, and this was done in such a casual manner that it didn’t befit a man whom his people have held in so much awe and reverence. He refers to him by his first name, he compares himself with Tinubu, and from the comparison, he (Ngige) has a better CV. He is at par with Tinubu in every other of Tinubu’s achievements and even goes beyond him in that he is a two time minister and Tinubu is not.
This raises again the old question of how relevant Tinubu is in Federal politics, especially in the face of his recent fallout with his party APC. Tinubu is no doubt the most relevant politician in the southwest currently. One would even think that he was an ex-president. Indeed, it would be understandable if it was Obasanjo that holds the kind of sway that Tinubu holds in the west. But apparently, it is just in the West, and maybe even in Lagos alone that Tinubu’s influence ends. The way Ngige, who is a federal minister and an experienced politician called him out is reflective of how he is regarded in Abuja. Ngige knows his onions very well, make no mistakes about that. He wouldn’t dare to step on toes that would hurt him.
He was directly sending a message to Faleke, and indirectly to Tinubu. He seems to be saying to Faleke: ‘I know who is behind your new found bravado, and trust me he is not my match by any ramification’.
On the long run, we might wait to hear from Tinubu. But aside the fact that the West knows how to project their own via the media, Tinubu might just be another ambitious ex-governor.

11 Likes

Re: Tinubu Is Overhyped: Three Things We Learnt From The Fallout Between Ngige And F by helinues: 9:39pm On Jul 29, 2020
grin grin

Ngige that didn't graduate from University of Politics.

Jagaban owns the university itself with so many brilliant graduated students like Vp Osinbajo, Fashola..

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Is Overhyped: Three Things We Learnt From The Fallout Between Ngige And F by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jul 29, 2020
helinues:
grin grin

Jagaban owns the university itself with so many graduated brilliant students like Vp Osinbajo, Fashola..
Your rotten teeth "Menthol" is a House-cat, it's only the timidity of Yoruba people that made him seem like something, Tinubu na Empty barrel grin

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Is Overhyped: Three Things We Learnt From The Fallout Between Ngige And F by babyfaceafrica: 9:51pm On Jul 29, 2020
Nansense post

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Is Overhyped: Three Things We Learnt From The Fallout Between Ngige And F by helinues: 9:52pm On Jul 29, 2020
IspitonCowards:
Your rotten teeth "Menthol" is a House-cat, it's only the timidity of Yoruba people that made him seem like something, Tinubu na Empty barrel grin

Are we not saying same thing?

How many elections have Ngige lost?

Can you mention just one person Ngige has produced and it's in high ranking position politically?

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Is Overhyped: Three Things We Learnt From The Fallout Between Ngige And F by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jul 29, 2020
Tinubu is an over rated Nonentity worshiped by his slaves. we all know Osibanjo will be a good president but watch as his people will betray him to support Tinubu their slave master.

17 Likes

Re: Tinubu Is Overhyped: Three Things We Learnt From The Fallout Between Ngige And F by Tomide007: 9:53pm On Jul 29, 2020
This life is funny sha, ngige that can't win a senatorial election in his constituency is being compared to someone who installed a VP.

23 Likes

Re: Tinubu Is Overhyped: Three Things We Learnt From The Fallout Between Ngige And F by SLAP44: 9:56pm On Jul 29, 2020
Let me throw a challenge.

Name just 5 legacy projects done by Bola Tunybu in his 8 long years as governor and I will credit your account with Fifty thousand naira today.

Please send your account number with your answers.

Tanku.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Is Overhyped: Three Things We Learnt From The Fallout Between Ngige And F by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jul 29, 2020
helinues:

Are we not saying same thing?

How many elections have Ngige lost?

Can you mention just one person Ngige has produced and it's in high ranking position politically?
Once again Yoruba people make the best slaves, Ngige is dealing with an Environment of a politically awake electorate, if Tinubu was in his shoes he will be a Ward councillor with his dumb antics and gimmicks, Nobody is following anybody over here, Learn that

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Is Overhyped: Three Things We Learnt From The Fallout Between Ngige And F by SLAP44: 9:59pm On Jul 29, 2020
Tomide007:
This life is funny sha, ngige that can't win a senatorial election in his constituency is being compared to someone who installed a VP.

This is what Tunubu was able to achieve for his village, I mean the people that gave birth to him and nurtured him, just browns

Second picture is what Ngige has done for his own village, Ngige has turned his village to London grin

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Is Overhyped: Three Things We Learnt From The Fallout Between Ngige And F by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jul 29, 2020
Tomide007:
Installer, Na software grin, Well Ngige has put him in his place on National television and he had no answer to him undecided

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Is Overhyped: Three Things We Learnt From The Fallout Between Ngige And F by helinues: 10:02pm On Jul 29, 2020
cheesy
SLAP44:
Let me throw a challenge.

Name just 5 legacy projects done by Bola Tunybu in his 8 long years as governor and I will credit your account with Fifty thousand naira today.

Please send your account number with your answers.

Tanku.

grin

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Is Overhyped: Three Things We Learnt From The Fallout Between Ngige And F by DEROX: 10:02pm On Jul 29, 2020
grin They are here again one man causing distress and nightmare to a whole tribe

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Is Overhyped: Three Things We Learnt From The Fallout Between Ngige And F by omenka(m): 10:02pm On Jul 29, 2020
He's overhyped, yet the only time you guys don't seem to be talking about him is when you're sleeping. I suspect you might even have him hovering all over your dreams.

Some of you are notorious for pushing people to their political guillotine- did it with Dino, Saraki, Fayose et al. Now it appears Ngige is the next horse in line to get whipped to its death.

Smh.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Is Overhyped: Three Things We Learnt From The Fallout Between Ngige And F by babatunx(m): 10:02pm On Jul 29, 2020
lol... Make Ngige measure up with Tinubu boys like Fashola, Osibanjo and the likes first, before masking his crass inferiority complex in the most amusing way grin

Compare Fashola's CV with that of Chris first... lol..

As for Osibanjo, his present position is a lifetime dream for Chris....

22 Likes

Re: Tinubu Is Overhyped: Three Things We Learnt From The Fallout Between Ngige And F by helinues: 10:13pm On Jul 29, 2020
IspitonCowards:
Once again Yoruba people make the best slaves, Ngige is dealing with an Environment of politically awake electorate, if Tinubu was in his shoes he will be a Ward councillor with his dumb antics and gimmicks, Nobody is following anybody over here, Learn that

And who is Ngige in the political scheme of things in Nigeria?

Jagaban is not only known in Nigeria but in Africa...

I laugh in Mandarin...

16 Likes

Re: Tinubu Is Overhyped: Three Things We Learnt From The Fallout Between Ngige And F by majamajic(m): 10:42pm On Jul 29, 2020
Ngige and tinubu are mates in Nigeria politics, they were governors same period , even ngige went further with 2 terms as minister

The only difference is that u can't pocket Southeasterners

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Is Overhyped: Three Things We Learnt From The Fallout Between Ngige And F by richie240: 10:55pm On Jul 29, 2020
Observinho:
[s]We are all aware of the recent drama that ensued between the Minister of Labour and Employment, Dr. Chris Ngige, and Hon. James Faleke representing Ikeja Federal Constituency, Lagos.
Ngige was invited to explain the suspension of Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) management amidst allegations against him.
As proceedings went on, Faleke, while asking his question, seemed to have ridiculed the minister.
The lawmaker suggested that Ngige was appointed a minister even though President Muhammadu Buhari lost in his area during the presidential election. He also made some allegations against the wife of the minister in a move that seemed personal.
Ngige responded:
"You are like my junior brothers...except Faleke that they say he's up to 60, I don't know," Faleke then cut in, saying "I'm sixty-plus..." To which Ngige retorted: “So you are near my age, at least I am seven years older than you. I’m the same age with your mentor in Lagos, Asiwaju,” (making reference to Bola Tinubu, the national leader of the APC and former Lagos governor.) “And I was governor with him at the same time. He was a senator, I was a senator. I am a two-time minister, he isn’t a two-time minister,” he added. Again, Faleke interrupted saying “but he (Tinubu) won all his elections very well,” in an apparent reference to the controversies that trailed Ngige’s election as governor of Anambra state.
Meanwhile, when Faleke asked the minister to respond to questions, he said: “I’m responding my friend, if you yab me, I yab you ten times. I am a Lagos boy, you are just a small boy in Lagos. Look at this Mushin boy, he’s talking to a VI boy. I live in Victoria Island. Look at this Mushin boy from Kogi o.”
While the whole debacle was somewhat hilarious, there are however some pick ups therefrom:
Watching the whole event on Youtube, one would think this was just a meeting of friends who are having some scores to settle over some bottles of liquor. It didn’t have the seriousness and decorum expected of top government officials discussing issues of serious importance bothering on allegations of corruption. ‘Mushin boy’; ‘V.I. boy’… These terms were way too much of a joke on such an occasion. It tells a lot about the caliber of people we elect into positions of governance in this country.
2. The second arm of government is increasingly becoming a joke in Nigeria. First it was Festus Keyamo, having a brawl with some senators, which almost went fisty., now Chris Ngige turning a house committee probe panel into a ‘bunch of small boys’. Well the reason for this is not far-fetched. He who fetches ant-infested firewood should be ready to entertain the Lizard as his guest. The legislature had earlier made itself a stooge to the executive who in an unprecedented move has taken the responsibility of handpicking the Senate president and the Speaker of House of Representatives. No wonder the house has been tagged a ‘rubber-stamp’, which means that they don’t question the decisions of the executives as they should, but simply vetoes them. The legislature should be an independent arm of government, serving as a proper watch dog to the executive and judiciary. But lately, this hasn’t been the case in Nigeria.
3. Tinubu is overhyped:
The national leader of APC was dragged into the fiasco by the minister, and this was done in such a casual manner that it didn’t befit a man whom his people have held in so much awe and reverence. He refers to him by his first name, he compares himself with Tinubu, and from the comparison, he (Ngige) has a better CV. He is at par with Tinubu in every other of Tinubu’s achievements and even goes beyond him in that he is a two time minister and Tinubu is not.
This raises again the old question of how relevant Tinubu is in Federal politics, especially in the face of his recent fallout with his party APC. Tinubu is no doubt the most relevant politician in the southwest currently. One would even think that he was an ex-president. Indeed, it would be understandable if it was Obasanjo that holds the kind of sway that Tinubu holds in the west. But apparently, it is just in the West, and maybe even in Lagos alone that Tinubu’s influence ends. The way Ngige, who is a federal minister and an experienced politician called him out is reflective of how he is regarded in Abuja. Ngige knows his onions very well, make no mistakes about that. He wouldn’t dare to step on toes that would hurt him.
He was directly sending a message to Faleke, and indirectly to Tinubu. He seems to be saying to Faleke: ‘I know who is behind your new found bravado, and trust me he is not my match by any ramification’.
On the long run, we might wait to hear from Tinubu. But aside the fact that the West knows how to project their own via the media, Tinubu might just be another ambitious ex-governor.[/s]
You and ur bigotic crew will wait till eternity!
Lions don't roll with pigs in d mud.
Continue digging ur graves.
cool

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Is Overhyped: Three Things We Learnt From The Fallout Between Ngige And F by Onlinesmart: 10:56pm On Jul 29, 2020
babatunx:
lol... Make Ngige measure up with Tinubu boys like Fashola, Osibanjo and the likes first, before masking his crass inferiority complex in the most amusing way grin

Compare Fashola's CV with that of Chris first... lol..

As for Osibanjo, his present position is a lifetime dream for Chris....
Tinubu is too much bro, 20 ngige can't match with Amosun.

12 Likes

Re: Tinubu Is Overhyped: Three Things We Learnt From The Fallout Between Ngige And F by Notasyouthink: 10:57pm On Jul 29, 2020
helinues:
grin grin

Jagaban owns the university itself with so many brilliant graduated students like Vp Osinbajo, Fashola..
Tinubu the drug lord frog eye brown teeth god of Afonjas grin grin grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Is Overhyped: Three Things We Learnt From The Fallout Between Ngige And F by Onlinesmart: 10:58pm On Jul 29, 2020
majamajic:
Ngige and tinubu are mates in Nigeria politics, they were governors same period , even ngige went further with 2 terms as minister

[s]The only difference is that u can't pocket Southeasterners[/s]
You lied. Lamidi Cownu has pocket your brains altogether over there.

23 Likes

Re: Tinubu Is Overhyped: Three Things We Learnt From The Fallout Between Ngige And F by Upworkwriter007(f): 11:00pm On Jul 29, 2020
majamajic:

The only difference is that u can't pocket Southeasterners
Great

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Is Overhyped: Three Things We Learnt From The Fallout Between Ngige And F by hajimosho(m): 11:01pm On Jul 29, 2020
kiss
It is despicable that some die-hard haters fail to appraise themselves inwardly, spend judicious time on political office holders of other ethnic nationality and boast frivolously that they can never be pocketed.

List of those who have pocketed them and will continue to do so

1. Ike Ekweremadu was re-elected as senator representing the Enugu West senatorial district For the Fifth Consecutive time. (From 2003 till date). He has successfully bought the freeborn of his senatorial district and made them believe there could never exists someone better than him from their enclave for the office.

By 2023, he would have spent 20 cumulative years in House of Senate (A record we thought should be impossible in southeast Nigeria)

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Is Overhyped: Three Things We Learnt From The Fallout Between Ngige And F by majamajic(m): 11:04pm On Jul 29, 2020
Onlinesmart:
You lied. Lamidi Cownu has pocket your brains altogether over there.

Nnamdi can't dictate what happens in a local government in South East
Mind u , majority of Southeasterners are not members of ipob , as much as nnamdi is well respected , he has boundaries
Stop arguing facts pls !

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Is Overhyped: Three Things We Learnt From The Fallout Between Ngige And F by PEDRO117: 11:07pm On Jul 29, 2020
Observinho:
We are all aware of the recent drama that ensued between the Minister of Labour and Employment, Dr. Chris Ngige, and Hon. James Faleke representing Ikeja Federal Constituency, Lagos.
Ngige responded:
3. Tinubu is overhyped:
On the long run, we might wait to hear from Tinubu. But aside the fact that the West knows how to project their own via the media, Tinubu might just be another ambitious ex-governor.

Tinubu nominated Ministers, Ngige lobbied for Ministerial posts...

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Is Overhyped: Three Things We Learnt From The Fallout Between Ngige And F by Masterkernel1: 11:18pm On Jul 29, 2020
omenka:
He's overhyped, yet the only time you guys don't seem to be talking about him is when you're sleeping. I suspect you might even have him hovering all over your dreams.

Some of you are notorious for pushing people to their political guillotine- did it with Dino, Saraki, Fayose et al. Now it appears Ngige is the next horse in line to get whipped to its death.

Smh.

When you were carrying Kanu in all the threads, did you bother to check how it feels? I see you everyday asking people to stay off Tinubu, it has not started. They will stall his premature ambition. He will still come again, and say he didn't want to contest. Men are planning him big time.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Is Overhyped: Three Things We Learnt From The Fallout Between Ngige And F by Masterkernel1: 11:21pm On Jul 29, 2020
richie240:

You and ur bigotic crew will wait till eternity!
Lions don't roll with pigs in d mud.
Continue digging ur graves.
cool

Lions roll with Snakes... Two face is a name of one tribe (.............).
10 marks

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Is Overhyped: Three Things We Learnt From The Fallout Between Ngige And F by richie240: 11:22pm On Jul 29, 2020
Masterkernel1:

Lions roll with Snakes. .. Two face is a name of one tribe (.............).
10 marks
Olodo, is dt what ur teacher taught u? grin

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Is Overhyped: Three Things We Learnt From The Fallout Between Ngige And F by Charmingrascal(m): 11:22pm On Jul 29, 2020
Jagaban is really influential.

They can't even sleep without mentioning Tinubu

Tinubu is giving them sleepless nights

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

# Ondodecides : Is Another Primate Ayodele’s Prophecy Coming To Pass? / Dr Ezeife Reacts To Fulani’s Threat Of War Against Igbos / Why Igbo's Must Ignore The 31st Sit At Home Order.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.