Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,915 members, 7,814,085 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Help! I Locked My Key Inside My Car! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help! I Locked My Key Inside My Car! (2846 Views)

What Heat Inside My Car Done To Bottle Of Anointing Oil. / Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car / I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! I Locked My Key Inside My Car! by nymphomaniac(m): 6:44am On Jul 30, 2020
Car is a Hyundai Accent 2008. I forgot the key in the ignition and locked the door with the central lock. Pls, what is the way forward?
Re: Help! I Locked My Key Inside My Car! by Bobbydell(m): 6:46am On Jul 30, 2020
Are the windows full whined up?
Re: Help! I Locked My Key Inside My Car! by Skyfornia(m): 6:48am On Jul 30, 2020
Call panel beater...but you are expected to have a spare key somewhere.
Re: Help! I Locked My Key Inside My Car! by buygala(m): 6:49am On Jul 30, 2020
nymphomaniac:
Car is a Hyundai Accent 2008. I forgot the key in the ignition and locked the door with the central lock. Pls, what is the way forward?

Contact your nearest panel beater smiley

U must pay that 3k or 2k wey you no wan pay grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! I Locked My Key Inside My Car! by nymphomaniac(m): 6:52am On Jul 30, 2020
buygala:

Contact your nearest panel beater smiley

U must pay that 3k or 2k wey you no wan pay grin

sad

3 Likes

Re: Help! I Locked My Key Inside My Car! by nymphomaniac(m): 6:53am On Jul 30, 2020
Bobbydell:
Are the windows full whined up?
yes sad the car didn’t come with a spare
Re: Help! I Locked My Key Inside My Car! by Bobbydell(m): 6:55am On Jul 30, 2020
nymphomaniac:
yes sad the car didn’t come with a spare
Use a long rod to get reach on the power button to whine the windows down
Re: Help! I Locked My Key Inside My Car! by maynation(f): 8:18am On Jul 30, 2020
Free money for panel beaters. cheesy

The day this thing happened to me ehn, panel beater charged me #5k, I have not finished saying 'go on' when he unlocked the car. Didn't even take up to 2 minutes.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! I Locked My Key Inside My Car! by Bobbydell(m): 8:21am On Jul 30, 2020
maynation:

The day this thing happened to me ehn, panel beater charged me #5k, I have not finished saying 'go on' when he unlocked the car. Didn't even take up to 2 minutes.
One should always have a spare key available
Re: Help! I Locked My Key Inside My Car! by maynation(f): 8:21am On Jul 30, 2020
Bobbydell:
Easier said than done. cheesy
Re: Help! I Locked My Key Inside My Car! by Bobbydell(m): 8:22am On Jul 30, 2020
maynation:

5k is much na maybe you didn't price well
Re: Help! I Locked My Key Inside My Car! by Bobbydell(m): 8:23am On Jul 30, 2020
maynation:
Easier said than done. cheesy
I have a rod in my house in case of that
Re: Help! I Locked My Key Inside My Car! by maynation(f): 8:26am On Jul 30, 2020
Bobbydell:
I have a rod in my house in case of that
Okay!
But you know that method can't work on all car ba?

Bobbydell:
5k is much na maybe you didn't price well
If I had known it would take just few minutes, I wouldn't even have paid #500 sef let alone 5k.
It was my first experience.

1 Like

Re: Help! I Locked My Key Inside My Car! by Bobbydell(m): 8:28am On Jul 30, 2020
maynation:

Okay!
But you know that method can't work on all car ba?

If I had known it would take just few minutes, I wouldn't even have paid #500 sef let alone 5k.
It was my first experience.
What type of car be that?
Re: Help! I Locked My Key Inside My Car! by maynation(f): 8:29am On Jul 30, 2020
Bobbydell:
One should always have a spare key available

True. That particular car didn't have a spare key.
Now I have extras sha so it can't happen again.
Re: Help! I Locked My Key Inside My Car! by maynation(f): 8:29am On Jul 30, 2020
Bobbydell:
What type of car be that?
Camry '13.
Re: Help! I Locked My Key Inside My Car! by Bobbydell(m): 8:31am On Jul 30, 2020
maynation:

True. That particular car didn't have a spare key.
Now I have extras sha so it can't happen again.
Don't keep the spare key together with the original key, mistake always occur
Re: Help! I Locked My Key Inside My Car! by Bobbydell(m): 8:34am On Jul 30, 2020
maynation:

Camry '13.
That car is fond of doing that even Lexus Rx350
Re: Help! I Locked My Key Inside My Car! by Bobbydell(m): 8:44am On Jul 30, 2020
maynation:

Camry '13.
I sell ABS & Master brake of Japanese cars call or Whatsapp: 07033059769

1 Like

Re: Help! I Locked My Key Inside My Car! by maynation(f): 8:47am On Jul 30, 2020
Bobbydell:
That car is fond of doing that even Lexus Rx350
I haven't experienced it with my Camry '13 tho, I thought you were asking me what car can you not unlock with rods. The key issue was with my former ride (EOD).
Do you understand?
Re: Help! I Locked My Key Inside My Car! by Bobbydell(m): 8:50am On Jul 30, 2020
maynation:

I haven't experienced it with my Camry '13 tho, I thought you were asking me what car can you not unlock with rods. The key issue was with my former ride (EOD).
Do you understand?
I understand you

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Locked My Key Inside My Car! by Bobbydell(m): 8:58am On Jul 30, 2020
maynation:

Do you understand?
Maynation you my number now call or Whatsapp: 07033059769 if you need ABS or Master brake@ Ladipo Market
Re: Help! I Locked My Key Inside My Car! by adanny01(m): 9:03am On Jul 30, 2020
maynation:

Camry '13.

Why would a 2013 Camry lock its doors with key in the ignition?

I have always been very confident in my 2003 Accord. Many times people get scared when i drop my keys inside the car but it is totally safe to do that in my car. One has to be inside to lock doors. From outside, its either key or remote.
Re: Help! I Locked My Key Inside My Car! by nymphomaniac(m): 9:14am On Jul 30, 2020
So no Do it yourself option? Na panel beater go win am?
Re: Help! I Locked My Key Inside My Car! by maynation(f): 9:21am On Jul 30, 2020
Bobbydell:
Maynation you my number now call or Whatsapp: 07033059769 if you need ABS or Master brake@ Ladipo Market
Alright.
Re: Help! I Locked My Key Inside My Car! by maynation(f): 9:23am On Jul 30, 2020
adanny01:

Why would a 2013 Camry lock its doors with key in the ignition?

I have always been very confident in my 2003 Accord. Many times people get scared when i drop my keys inside the car but it is totally safe to do that in my car. One has to be inside to lock doors. From outside, its either key or remote.
I made that clear already. It wasn't with Camry 13.
That response was an answer to the car he can't possibly unlock with a rod.
Re: Help! I Locked My Key Inside My Car! by nymphomaniac(m): 9:30am On Jul 30, 2020
Bobbydell:
how will this work? The power window is closed

1 Like

Re: Help! I Locked My Key Inside My Car! by Bobbydell(m): 9:43am On Jul 30, 2020
nymphomaniac:
how will this work? The power window is closed
unlock the power button window before reaching for the window button
Re: Help! I Locked My Key Inside My Car! by Collegenews: 10:08am On Jul 30, 2020
maynation:

That Panelbeater no try for you o. grin grin
Highest na 2k and you can easily get it done yourself.
Don't let that happen to your Camry o.

3 Likes

Re: Help! I Locked My Key Inside My Car! by Balogunodua(m): 10:12am On Jul 30, 2020
Spaner or Hammer choose one grin

Re: Help! I Locked My Key Inside My Car! by maynation(f): 10:23am On Jul 30, 2020
Collegenews:

That Panelbeater no try for you o. grin grin
Highest na 2k and you can easily get it done yourself.
Don't let that happen to your Camry o.
Lol. It was all new to me besides, I was in the middle of no where and my music was playing too. If I hadn't succumbed my battery would be dead thereby adding to my problems.
About Camry, it's almost impossible for that to happen to Camry13. The only possible cases are if the smart key stops working or the key is lost.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! I Locked My Key Inside My Car! by Lexusgs430: 10:31am On Jul 30, 2020
Let me look for a car thief..... They have their ways......

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Ship Cars From UK To Nigeria / Please How Much Does It Cost To Change The Bumper Of A Highlander? / Help!!! Engine Cranks But Dies Of Immediately.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.