Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,210 members, 7,836,018 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Help! I Locked My Key Inside My Car! - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help! I Locked My Key Inside My Car! (2887 Views)

What Heat Inside My Car Done To Bottle Of Anointing Oil. / Help, I Bashed My Friend's Car / I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! I Locked My Key Inside My Car! by oladipuposadeeq(m): 11:25am On Jul 30, 2020
maynation:
Free money for panel beaters. cheesy

The day this thing happened to me ehn, panel beater charged me #5k, I have not finished saying 'go on' when he unlocked the car. Didn't even take up to 2 minutes.
haba thats too much now though i have experienced it in ajao estate when a man got down to urinate inside serious hold-up for night, to enter motor con turn wahala luckily for me i was always carry one long iron maybe it will be of use na so I help the man open hin door and i told him to give me anything, lo and behold he counted 5k boss na so i go house say yes i don achieve that day.

6 Likes

Re: Help! I Locked My Key Inside My Car! by freeman5050: 11:32am On Jul 30, 2020
nymphomaniac:
Car is a Hyundai Accent 2008. I forgot the key in the ignition and locked the door with the central lock. Pls, what is the way forward?

I saw this experiment online thou have not tried it yet. Use finger battery bottom side and keep it close and attached to your door key hole for seconds and your door is expected to unluck. Try it and get back to me
Re: Help! I Locked My Key Inside My Car! by nymphomaniac(m): 8:51pm On Jul 30, 2020
Update: Panel Beater came and in 1min 30 secs, he used a long iron rod to prod the lock and it opened. He actually did it twice so I learnt the trick around it. Don’t try it alone and at home please.

Lesson learnt:

DUPLICATE YOUR KEY

6 Likes

Re: Help! I Locked My Key Inside My Car! by Bobbydell(m): 8:56pm On Jul 30, 2020
nymphomaniac:
Update: Panel Beater came and in 1min 30 secs, he used a long iron rod to prod the lock and it opened. He actually did it twice so I learnt the trick around it. Don’t try it alone and at home please.

Lesson learnt:

DUPLICATE YOUR KEY
Didn't I tell you?
Re: Help! I Locked My Key Inside My Car! by Bobbydell(m): 8:59pm On Jul 30, 2020
nymphomaniac:

Lesson learnt:

DUPLICATE YOUR KEY
I sell ABS & Master brake call or Whatsapp: 07033059769
Re: Help! I Locked My Key Inside My Car! by kingsleyuzo: 10:45am On Jul 31, 2020
It happened to me in the night 9:30pm my car ac,radio and headlamp was on,I had to pay 3k to a panel beater that night before I could drive home( I searched for a panel beater for 2 hours before I could find one who agreed to follow me to the place my car was locked) and opened it.

It was a terrible experience
Re: Help! I Locked My Key Inside My Car! by AlRoss0908: 7:20pm On Jan 12, 2022
It happened to me once. Luckily my roommate had a spare key
Re: Help! I Locked My Key Inside My Car! by whittakerturbev: 7:41pm On Jan 12, 2022
Hmm, 2008 Hyundai Accent. One of my friends had a car like that. I guess you could try to open one of the doors and then stick the key out. Or call Mobile locksmiths who will come to where you left the car. I would replace the lock in such a situation or pick the lock to get the stuck key out. What have you already managed to do in this situation? Perhaps if you loosen the key in the lock, you will make things worse. My friend broke the key in the lock that way. The key was left horizontally in the lock, and my friend broke it in half.
Re: Help! I Locked My Key Inside My Car! by Kelvin30286063(m): 2:53am On Jan 14, 2022
Some key sensors are more sensitive than others. I once tried that with my car and it didn't lock. I mean I pressed the lock from inside with the key on the ignition and door open, the lock button was disabled and car didn't lock. Then it started indicating that key is in ignition.
Funny part is, if I forget my key inside the car (not in the ignition) but somewhere inside the car, the doors won't auto-lock unless the key is outside.
Re: Help! I Locked My Key Inside My Car! by Kelvin30286063(m): 2:54am On Jan 14, 2022
nymphomaniac:

Lesson learnt:

DUPLICATE YOUR KEY
Not easy to duplicate some keys though. You go programme key tire!
Re: Help! I Locked My Key Inside My Car! by cmoney22222: 7:46am On Jan 14, 2022
Happened to me on my Camry muscle for night after partying. I use vex break the side class with big stone. Nonsense. No be me moto go Dey use collect star. Next day, ladipo boys fix the glass
Re: Help! I Locked My Key Inside My Car! by nymphomaniac(m): 8:40am On Jan 14, 2022
Kelvin30286063:
Some key sensors are more sensitive than others. I once tried that with my car and it didn't lock. I mean I pressed the lock from inside with the key on the ignition and door open, the lock button was disabled and car didn't lock. Then it started indicating that key is in ignition.
Funny part is, if I forget my key inside the car (not in the ignition) but somewhere inside the car, the doors won't auto-lock unless the key is outside.
which car?
Re: Help! I Locked My Key Inside My Car! by nymphomaniac(m): 8:40am On Jan 14, 2022
cmoney22222:
Happened to me on my Camry muscle for night after partying. I use vex break the side class with big stone. Nonsense. No be me moto go Dey use collect star. Next day, ladipo boys fix the glass
Omo! Extreme
Re: Help! I Locked My Key Inside My Car! by Kelvin30286063(m): 8:56am On Jan 14, 2022
nymphomaniac:
which car?
Acura TL 2012
Re: Help! I Locked My Key Inside My Car! by Kelvin30286063(m): 8:58am On Jan 14, 2022
cmoney22222:
Hahaha... That tin dey pain but e no dey pain reach make your alternator no dey charge. Your battery go come dey die anyhow. grin
Re: Help! I Locked My Key Inside My Car! by cmoney22222: 3:58pm On Jan 15, 2022
nymphomaniac:
Omo! Extreme

One day, this happened to a police man in my presence. The man Dey vex say which kind torment be this, na so him commot him pistol one time everyone make way, he use the pistol break the glass. Them as am why him do like that, he say name him money him use buy the car and the car should not torment him. �
Re: Help! I Locked My Key Inside My Car! by cmoney22222: 3:59pm On Jan 15, 2022
I don’t pray to have this type of issue abeg

Kelvin30286063:

Hahaha... That tin dey pain but e no dey pain reach make your alternator no dey charge. Your battery go come dey die anyhow. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Toyota Avalon Vs Toyota Camry Vs Lexus ES350 / I Just Upraded My Cab Business (please Review) / Picture Of 2 Exotic Cars Parked In Front Of A Poor Looking House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.