Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,360 members, 7,860,976 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:06 PM

FG Should Have Repaired Third Mainland Bridge During Lockdown – Bode George - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Should Have Repaired Third Mainland Bridge During Lockdown – Bode George (19990 Views)

Fashola: Many Countries Begged Nigeria For Food During Lockdown / FG Spends N679m Daily On Feeding Schoolchildren During Lockdown / Adams Oshiomhole Working Out During Lockdown (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Should Have Repaired Third Mainland Bridge During Lockdown – Bode George by jmoore(m): 4:30pm On Jul 30, 2020
loopman:

It’s certainly didn’t fall under essential duty

You are not knowledgeable enough to determine what is essential or not.

1 Like

Re: FG Should Have Repaired Third Mainland Bridge During Lockdown – Bode George by jmoore(m): 4:30pm On Jul 30, 2020
double post
Re: FG Should Have Repaired Third Mainland Bridge During Lockdown – Bode George by Xnofy: 4:31pm On Jul 30, 2020
Exactly my thoughts
Re: FG Should Have Repaired Third Mainland Bridge During Lockdown – Bode George by Farki: 4:33pm On Jul 30, 2020
loopman:

It’s certainly didn’t fall under essential duty

Having a functioning bridge isn't essential?

See what our mates are doing

https://www.essex.gov.uk/news/road-repairs-continue-during-lockdown
Re: FG Should Have Repaired Third Mainland Bridge During Lockdown – Bode George by o9o9: 4:33pm On Jul 30, 2020
jmoore:

It is called essential duty!!! Common sense is no longer common for folks asslicking the current government

It is a useless question!!

Most of these people are in a remote village and don't know what it means for the Bridge to be closed and how people are suffering. I have accounts of nothing less than 4 people who were either stabbed or robbed on Eko bridge yesterday night due to the gridlock.

Alaka inwards eko bridge has been blocked since Feb and only God knows when that would be opened.

And don't mind the fo.ols. I worked all through the complete lock down and even saw some danfos moving around during the lockdown picking passengers. So their excuses are actually absolute trash.

Telecoms , Port, even some road construction workers were all working during the lockdown.

2 Likes

Re: FG Should Have Repaired Third Mainland Bridge During Lockdown – Bode George by frubben(m): 4:35pm On Jul 30, 2020
Government wey no get sense. Na to dey invite small pikin wey e mama wan discipline and e sabi
Re: FG Should Have Repaired Third Mainland Bridge During Lockdown – Bode George by NGpatriot: 4:35pm On Jul 30, 2020
Farki:

During the lockdown weren't police and soldiers about? Didn't health workers attend to patients?

Are you going to compare having a dozen engineers on a specific site where they can monitor infection rates to what they are having now?

Coronavirus hasn't left Nigeria yet the lockdown is lifted and everyone is going about doing whatever willy nilly.

The topic is not police and soldiers.

Lock down means lock down and besides, you have no clue per all the contingencies necessary and needed to effect such repairs.

Stop armchair pontificating over what you know nothing about.
Re: FG Should Have Repaired Third Mainland Bridge During Lockdown – Bode George by loopman: 4:35pm On Jul 30, 2020
jmoore:

You are not knowledgeable enough to determine what is essential or not.

Oga knowledge, please explain what falls under essential duties as classified under the COVID PROTOCOL of PTF.

Please sit this one out, I work in Apapa and lives on the Mainland so I understand the issues perfectly more than most of you that don’t even know where the 3MB is located if given a map of Lagos.

The only argument anyone can make against the govt is the simultaneous closure of the Eko bridge and 3MB (partially)

I will only reply you if you stay Lagos and can explain the issues with sense
Re: FG Should Have Repaired Third Mainland Bridge During Lockdown – Bode George by lincs25(m): 4:36pm On Jul 30, 2020
During lockdown that the whole concentration was on the virus and it devastating effects. Even if he was in their shoes that thought would not run through his mind!
Re: FG Should Have Repaired Third Mainland Bridge During Lockdown – Bode George by Karlifate: 4:36pm On Jul 30, 2020
Counter with logical points.
Don't give me mentions with your emotions.
jmoore:

Ignorance 101!!

When did government announced plans for the bridge repairs?

All you wrote from A-Z makes fantastic nonsense.
Re: FG Should Have Repaired Third Mainland Bridge During Lockdown – Bode George by friday2011(m): 4:37pm On Jul 30, 2020
Confirm talk
Re: FG Should Have Repaired Third Mainland Bridge During Lockdown – Bode George by faithfull18(f): 4:37pm On Jul 30, 2020
My sentiments exactly, wicked people in power.
Re: FG Should Have Repaired Third Mainland Bridge During Lockdown – Bode George by jmoore(m): 4:37pm On Jul 30, 2020
NGpatriot:

Lock down means lock down and besides, you have no clue per all the contingencies necessary and needed to effect such repairs.

People like you are better of discussing cartoon characters.

Petrol was transported through tankers from one state to the other during lockdown.
Re: FG Should Have Repaired Third Mainland Bridge During Lockdown – Bode George by loopman: 4:38pm On Jul 30, 2020
Farki:

Having a functioning bridge isn't essential?

See what our mates are doing

https://www.essex.gov.uk/news/road-repairs-continue-during-lockdown

Who told you the bridge is not functional?

When last did you ply the bridge?

Some of you people are just senseless it’s tough having a conversation with you
Re: FG Should Have Repaired Third Mainland Bridge During Lockdown – Bode George by jmoore(m): 4:39pm On Jul 30, 2020
Karlifate:
Counter with logical points! Don't give me mentions with your emotions!
When a nonsense is spotted, I call it nonsense.
Logical points? I doubt if you can comprehend any logical point.
Re: FG Should Have Repaired Third Mainland Bridge During Lockdown – Bode George by Karlifate: 4:41pm On Jul 30, 2020
Jargons!
jmoore:

When a nonsense is spotted, I call it nonsense.
Logical points? I doubt if you can comprehend any logical point.
Re: FG Should Have Repaired Third Mainland Bridge During Lockdown – Bode George by Karlifate: 4:42pm On Jul 30, 2020
loopman:

Oga knowledge, please explain what falls under essential duties as classified under the COVID PROTOCOL of PTF.

Please sit this one out, I work in Apapa and lives on the Mainland so I understand the issues perfectly more than most of you that don’t even know where the 3MB is located if given a map of Lagos.

The only argument anyone can make against the govt is the simultaneous closure of the Eko bridge and 3MB (partially)

I will only reply you if you stay Lagos and can explain the issues with sense
That moniker will reply you with sh!tload of jargons.
Re: FG Should Have Repaired Third Mainland Bridge During Lockdown – Bode George by Farki: 4:45pm On Jul 30, 2020
NGpatriot:

It's like you are confused, asked me if it was right for the government to expose Nigerians to coronavirus during the lockdown.

Policemen and soldiers are Nigerians and the government deemed it necessary for them to do their work despite coronavirus.

You are also ignoring the simple fact that they could have done this when cases were low, nobody was moving and it won't affect the state so much. Now that they are high and people are going back to work is when they deemed it necessary to start repairing the bridge.

Government stooges are the worst because they are more concerned with brown nosing than getting things done.
Re: FG Should Have Repaired Third Mainland Bridge During Lockdown – Bode George by NGpatriot: 4:45pm On Jul 30, 2020
jmoore:

People like you are better of discussing cartoon characters.

Petrol was transported through tankers from one state to the other during lockdown.

Must you people come up with these lame and absurd analogies?

Sounds like you need a 2 year old baby to explain to you the difference between a petrol tanker and a major bridge repair.
Re: FG Should Have Repaired Third Mainland Bridge During Lockdown – Bode George by Farki: 4:48pm On Jul 30, 2020
loopman:

Who told you the bridge is not functional?

When last did you ply the bridge?

Some of you people are just senseless it’s tough having a conversation with you

Are they repairing the bridge for fun?

Isn't it an essential piece of infrastructure?

Is English so hard to understand?
Re: FG Should Have Repaired Third Mainland Bridge During Lockdown – Bode George by muykem: 4:49pm On Jul 30, 2020
I know that many dumb people will quickly buying into very unintelligent statement from Bode George. Repairing of such bridge will pass through many technical assessments before determine the needed materials. No one envisaged the lockdown so they shouldn't have finished assessment before lockdown as against their original plan.
Re: FG Should Have Repaired Third Mainland Bridge During Lockdown – Bode George by NGpatriot: 4:51pm On Jul 30, 2020
Farki:

It's like you are confused, asked me if it was right for the government to expose Nigerians to coronavirus during the lockdown.

Policemen and soldiers are Nigerians and the government deemed it necessary for them to do their work despite coronavirus.

You are also ignoring the simple fact that they could have done this when cases were low, nobody was moving and it won't affect the state so much. Now that they are high and people are going back to work is when they deemed it necessary to start repairing the bridge.

Government stooges are the worst because they are more concerned with brown nosing than getting things done.

Again, the topic is not about police and soldiers.

There's a reason why governments all over the world did not shut down police and soldiers.

There's a difference between law enforcement, military and the civilian population.

Stop making lame and irrelevant analogies
Re: FG Should Have Repaired Third Mainland Bridge During Lockdown – Bode George by SmartPolician: 4:53pm On Jul 30, 2020
favor914:
Hypocrite Who was going to leave their family to go and work in the initial stages of the virus, would you have encouraged your father to go to work? You whited sepulcher.

Why the attack?

Many companies didn't stop operation for one day

I can count many of them

1 Like

Re: FG Should Have Repaired Third Mainland Bridge During Lockdown – Bode George by lexy2014: 4:54pm On Jul 30, 2020
Mraphel:
Why is Bode George just saying this?

When should he have said it?
Re: FG Should Have Repaired Third Mainland Bridge During Lockdown – Bode George by Farki: 4:54pm On Jul 30, 2020
NGpatriot:

Again, the topic is not about police and soldiers.

There's a reason why governments all over the world did not shut down police and solders.

There's a difference between law enforcement, military and the civilian population.

Stop making lame and irrelevant analogies
The topic is about Nigerians of which those mentioned are a part of. Doctors went to work during that time, shops selling food were open during that time.

I thought someone who calls himself a patriot should know these things. grin

Governments around the world also repaired roads during that time.

Honestly the more you post the less intelligent you sound.
Re: FG Should Have Repaired Third Mainland Bridge During Lockdown – Bode George by lexy2014: 4:56pm On Jul 30, 2020
loopman:
Now I know this man lacks sense;

One, Third mainland bridge closure cannot be done during the lockdown because those that are to work there too are humans beings and nobody will be willing to take the risk of moving around during such an uncertainty

Two, the closure of 3MB has been done in such a way that it will cause very minimal disruption to traffic for road users

Three, his party PDP left most of the bridges in Lagos in very precarious situations for the years they were in power, I’m glad he mentioned Apapa where the country ports are located, the whole of apapa was completely abandoned to deteriorate for pdp 16 years in govt. Not one single meter of road from the port to Ijora was touched by his party for 16 years even when this foolish old man was the NPA CHAIRMAN shocked

Bode George should leave Lagos and the FMW&H alone to fix Lagos bridges

Are u trying to say no body worked during lockdown?
Re: FG Should Have Repaired Third Mainland Bridge During Lockdown – Bode George by loopman: 4:58pm On Jul 30, 2020
Farki:

Are they repairing the bridge for fun?

Isn't it an essential piece of infrastructure?

Is English so hard to understand?

There are various type of maintenance

Corrective

Routine

Emergency

Periodic

Preventive

Breakdown

Deferred

Proactive

Not all of these are are emergency which falls under essential.

Everything is not “English is so hard to understand” but common sense
Re: FG Should Have Repaired Third Mainland Bridge During Lockdown – Bode George by NGpatriot: 4:59pm On Jul 30, 2020
Farki:

The topic is about Nigerians of which those mentioned are a part of. Doctors went to work during that time, shops selling food were open during that time.

I thought someone who calls himself a patriot should know these things. grin

Governments around the world also repaired roads during that time.

Honestly the more you post the less intelligent you sound.

Didn't know Nigerian civilians and solders are the same and they perform the same essential and military duties.

Some of you reason like elementary school children.
Re: FG Should Have Repaired Third Mainland Bridge During Lockdown – Bode George by loopman: 5:00pm On Jul 30, 2020
lexy2014:

Are u trying to say no body worked during lockdown?

People worked, mostly health workers and those on essential services. Any other question ?
Re: FG Should Have Repaired Third Mainland Bridge During Lockdown – Bode George by Farki: 5:03pm On Jul 30, 2020
NGpatriot:

Didn't know Nigerian civilians and solders are the same and they perform the same essential and military duties.

Some of you reason like elementary school children.

I like that you just ignored most of my post to nitpick that statement yet you're still wrong. grin

Re: FG Should Have Repaired Third Mainland Bridge During Lockdown – Bode George by lexy2014: 5:05pm On Jul 30, 2020
loopman:

People worked, mostly health workers and those on essential services. Any other question ?

So what then was wrong in mobilizing during d lockdown to fix d bridge?
Re: FG Should Have Repaired Third Mainland Bridge During Lockdown – Bode George by NGpatriot: 5:07pm On Jul 30, 2020
Farki:

I like that you just ignored most of my post to nitpick that statement yet you're still wrong. grin

You missed the absence of road construction workers on your list because of your inability to read and comprehend simple English words.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu On 2023 President: Tinubu Is Best Candidate To Succeed Buhari / Your Victory Well-Deserved, Marwa Congratulates Tinubu / Ambode Visits Olu Of Warri, Ogiame Ikenwoli (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.