Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,442 members, 7,846,820 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 01:52 AM

Life Lager Beer Lightens Up The Niger Bridge (Photos) - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Life Lager Beer Lightens Up The Niger Bridge (Photos) (54224 Views)

Onitsha From First And Second Niger Bridge (photos) / Crash Barrier Stops Danfo From Falling Off The 3rd Mainland Bridge (Photos) / 34-miles Over The Ocean, China Set To Launch Worlds Longest Ocean Bridge(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life Lager Beer Lightens Up The Niger Bridge (Photos) by GallantDuke(m): 4:52pm On Aug 05, 2020
lucasalves:

Yeah this was interesting for about two days but just clicked on your profile and saw this..... usually I would ask you to pick a charity we both could donate too. In this case, looks like you are the charity.
I will appreciate it if you donate to me, at least I will see it as my reward for teaching you the rudiments of English Language.
Re: Life Lager Beer Lightens Up The Niger Bridge (Photos) by lucasalves: 4:52pm On Aug 05, 2020
GallantDuke:

It is just obvious to me that you lacks understanding of English Language. You are joining two different words with the verb "is". Where on earth is that done?
Talking about uncountable nouns, there is a difference betweensad1)The bag is of high quality and (2) Demand and quality is the same. The auxiliary verb "is" should be used in the first sentence but not in the second sentence, it is only a schmuck that will do that and I believe that you are not one.

1) you lacks. (seriously?)
2) only a schmuck would do that (structuring)
3) and I believe you are not one (seriously don't over use the word "that"wink.
Re: Life Lager Beer Lightens Up The Niger Bridge (Photos) by lucasalves: 4:53pm On Aug 05, 2020
GallantDuke:

I will appreciate it if you donate to me, at least I will see it as my reward for teaching you the rudiments of English Language.

DM your account details...
Re: Life Lager Beer Lightens Up The Niger Bridge (Photos) by GallantDuke(m): 4:54pm On Aug 05, 2020
lucasalves:

Yeah this was interesting for about two days but just clicked on your profile and saw this..... usually I would ask you to pick a charity we both could donate too. In this case, looks like you are the charity.
In your words "THIS WAS INTERESTING"
Re: Life Lager Beer Lightens Up The Niger Bridge (Photos) by GallantDuke(m): 4:55pm On Aug 05, 2020
lucasalves:

DM your account details...
I will do just that. Thanks for acknowledging my labour for you.
Re: Life Lager Beer Lightens Up The Niger Bridge (Photos) by GallantDuke(m): 5:12pm On Aug 05, 2020
lucasalves:

1) you lacks. (seriously?)
2) only a schmuck would do that (structuring)
3) and I believe you are not one (seriously don't over use the word "that"wink.
(1) "Lacks" shows that it is plural. We mostly use "Lack" for plural. For example:They lack understanding.
(2)I don't understand what you said is wrong with that. Pls throw more light.
(3)If I say " and I believe you are not that one", that is just murdering of English language and a slap on my face as an erudite scholar because the word "that" should not be there.
Lastly, when next you are quoting someone's words, use the quotation marks.
Thanks.
Re: Life Lager Beer Lightens Up The Niger Bridge (Photos) by lucasalves: 5:20pm On Aug 05, 2020
GallantDuke:

(1) "Lacks" shows that it is singular. (Don't mind that letter "s"wink. You can only use "Lack" for plural. For example:They lack understanding.
(3)If I say " and I believe you are not that one", that is just murdering of English language and a slap on my face as an erudite scholar because the word "that" should not be there.
Thanks.

Hmmm no matter how you slice and dice it "you lacks understanding" is never correct. Plus the phrase is "shed more light" not " throw more light" abeg you wan burn school?

that is just murdering of? (seriously?)
Re: Life Lager Beer Lightens Up The Niger Bridge (Photos) by lucasalves: 5:24pm On Aug 05, 2020
GallantDuke:

(1) "Lacks" shows that it is singular. (Don't mind that letter "s"wink. You can only use "Lack" for plural. For example:They lack understanding.
Thanks.

As for your third point you should have said "and I believe you are not one". You don't have to use the word that in every sentence.
Re: Life Lager Beer Lightens Up The Niger Bridge (Photos) by GallantDuke(m): 9:55am On Aug 06, 2020
lucasalves:

As for your third point you should have said "and I believe you are not one". You don't have to use the word that in every sentence.
"Lacks" is the plural form of "Lack".So, the sentence "You lacks understanding" is not wrong.
Also, both "I believe that you are not one" and "I believe you are one" are both correct and appropriate to use.
Re: Life Lager Beer Lightens Up The Niger Bridge (Photos) by lucasalves: 10:28am On Aug 06, 2020
GallantDuke:

"Lacks" is the plural form of "Lack".So, the sentence "You lacks understanding" is not wrong.
Also, both "I believe that you are not one" and "I believe you are one" are both correct and appropriate to use.

"you lacks" is not correct. Lay off using free opera mini data and do a Google search, you will be surprised just how wrong that was. Looks like another top of the line "erudite" production.
Re: Life Lager Beer Lightens Up The Niger Bridge (Photos) by GallantDuke(m): 10:32am On Aug 06, 2020
lucasalves:

"you lacks" is not correct. Lay off using free opera mini data and do a Google search, you will be surprised just how wrong that was. Looks like another top of the line "erudite" production.
Good morning to you sir.
I want you to know that most times, when you use the word "You" the verb that mostly goes with it are plural verbs. Examples are below.

Re: Life Lager Beer Lightens Up The Niger Bridge (Photos) by GallantDuke(m): 10:38am On Aug 06, 2020
lucasalves:

Since we can say "You are", You can also say"You lacks".

Re: Life Lager Beer Lightens Up The Niger Bridge (Photos) by GallantDuke(m): 10:43am On Aug 06, 2020
lucasalves:

Here is also a portion of the Bible where " lacks" was used.

Re: Life Lager Beer Lightens Up The Niger Bridge (Photos) by GallantDuke(m): 10:46am On Aug 06, 2020
lucasalves:

I have sent all the examples to you.
Mo si nreti ileri yii ooo.
(I am still expecting your promise).
Re: Life Lager Beer Lightens Up The Niger Bridge (Photos) by GallantDuke(m): 10:47am On Aug 06, 2020
lucasalves:

Re: Life Lager Beer Lightens Up The Niger Bridge (Photos) by lucasalves: 11:43am On Aug 06, 2020
GallantDuke:

Funny, in this context "lacks" is 100% inaccurate.
Re: Life Lager Beer Lightens Up The Niger Bridge (Photos) by lucasalves: 11:57am On Aug 06, 2020
GallantDuke:

Now search the whole internet for any scenario where a sentence starts with "You lacks" and I guarantee you won't find a single one.
Now since you are clearly not understanding, let me demonstrate this with an example similar to yours. You can say "if any one of you sees Emmanuel, tell him to call me", now using that flawed logic of yours, will "you sees Emmanuel" be correct?
Re: Life Lager Beer Lightens Up The Niger Bridge (Photos) by GallantDuke(m): 12:20pm On Aug 06, 2020
lucasalves:

Now search the whole internet for any scenario where a sentence starts with "You lacks" and I guarantee you won't find a single one.
Now since you are clearly not understanding, let me demonstrate this with an example similar to yours. You can say "if any one of you sees Emmanuel, tell him to call me", now using that flawed logic of yours, will "you sees Emmanuel" be correct?
But all the examples I sent to you were not written by me. They were written by the native speakers and you can't tell me that you are more knowledgeable than them. Are you??
Re: Life Lager Beer Lightens Up The Niger Bridge (Photos) by GallantDuke(m): 12:23pm On Aug 06, 2020
lucasalves:

In which particular context?
Re: Life Lager Beer Lightens Up The Niger Bridge (Photos) by GallantDuke(m): 12:28pm On Aug 06, 2020
lucasalves:

I have done the search and even sent the screenshots to you. So what exactly are you trying to prove sir?
Re: Life Lager Beer Lightens Up The Niger Bridge (Photos) by GallantDuke(m): 12:33pm On Aug 06, 2020
lucasalves:

Take a look at the example below. It said that the word "Lacks" can be used in this way, "SOMEONE LACKS SOMETHING". It implies that the statement "You lacks understanding" is not wrong sir.

Re: Life Lager Beer Lightens Up The Niger Bridge (Photos) by GallantDuke(m): 12:50pm On Aug 06, 2020
lucasalves:

I did not even start that sentence with "You lacks understanding" like you claimed. Let me post the screenshot of that comment.

Re: Life Lager Beer Lightens Up The Niger Bridge (Photos) by lucasalves: 3:06pm On Aug 06, 2020
GallantDuke:

I did not even start that sentence with "You lacks understanding" like you claimed. Let me post the screenshot of that comment.

Dude, please send an exact screenshot of where you have seen "that you lacks". Anything else is just ramblings of a disoriented being.
Re: Life Lager Beer Lightens Up The Niger Bridge (Photos) by GallantDuke(m): 3:53pm On Aug 06, 2020
lucasalves:

Dude, please send an exact screenshot of where you have seen "that you lacks". Anything else is just ramblings of a disoriented being.
Let me send it to you again.

Re: Life Lager Beer Lightens Up The Niger Bridge (Photos) by GallantDuke(m): 3:56pm On Aug 06, 2020
lucasalves:

I know you won't accept defeat.
Re: Life Lager Beer Lightens Up The Niger Bridge (Photos) by GallantDuke(m): 4:22pm On Aug 06, 2020
grin cheesy grin
lucasalves:

Like you said earlier "THIS WAS INTERESTING".
Hmmmmmmm. ������ cheesy
lucasalves:

Like you said earlier "THIS WAS INTERESTING".
Hmmmmmmm. ������
Re: Life Lager Beer Lightens Up The Niger Bridge (Photos) by lucasalves: 4:39pm On Aug 06, 2020
GallantDuke:

I know you won't accept defeat.

Post the screenshot where "that you lacks" is used and we will talk about defeat.
Re: Life Lager Beer Lightens Up The Niger Bridge (Photos) by lucasalves: 4:45pm On Aug 06, 2020
GallantDuke:

Let me send it to you again.

Type in the link of this source. You do know you can not use yourself as a reference right?
Re: Life Lager Beer Lightens Up The Niger Bridge (Photos) by GallantDuke(m): 1:10pm On Aug 07, 2020
lucasalves:

Type in the link of this source. You do know you can not use yourself as a reference right?
To be candid with you , I am tried of this argument. It seems like I am arguing with a layman. I posted a screenshot of a Goggle page where it showed how the word "LACKS" is used is used in a sentence, it showed that the word "LACKS" is used in this way "SOMEONE LACKS SOMETHING". I used mine in this way "It is obvious to me that you lacks understanding of English language", maybe I should do a breakdown of the sentence.
"SOMEONE" is "You".
"LACKS" is the verb.
"SOMETHING" is "UNDERSTANDING".
I also posted Goggle as my source or link, so I don't know what else you need. I can't remember using myself as a reference but I posted my comment for you to see.
Have a nice day sir.
How about the Charity part of our agreement?

Re: Life Lager Beer Lightens Up The Niger Bridge (Photos) by lucasalves: 2:00pm On Aug 07, 2020
GallantDuke:

To be candid with you , I am tried of this argument. It seems like I am arguing with a layman. I posted a screenshot of a Goggle page where it showed how the word "LACKS" is used is used in a sentence, it showed that the word "LACKS" is used in this way "SOMEONE LACKS SOMETHING". I used mine in this way "It is obvious to me that you lacks understanding of English language", maybe I should do a breakdown of the sentence.
"SOMEONE" is "You".
"LACKS" is the verb.
"SOMETHING" is "UNDERSTANDING".
I also posted Goggle as my source or link, so I don't know what else you need. I can't remember using myself as a reference but I posted my comment for you to see.
Have a nice day sir.
How about the Charity part of our agreement?

This shouldn't be a hard thing. The internet is full of information. He lacks (correct), She lacks (correct), You lacks (incorrect).
Re: Life Lager Beer Lightens Up The Niger Bridge (Photos) by GallantDuke(m): 3:29pm On Aug 07, 2020
lucasalves:

This shouldn't be a hard thing. The internet is full of information. He lacks (correct), She lacks (correct), You lacks (incorrect).
State the reasons why "You lacks" is incorrect.
Re: Life Lager Beer Lightens Up The Niger Bridge (Photos) by lucasalves: 6:21pm On Aug 07, 2020
GallantDuke:

State the reasons why "You lacks" is incorrect.
For these reasons..... "You" is a second person pronoun. You don't follow those with verbs ending with "s". Kindly read the resource attached to this post and learn.

In English, the -s is only added to regular verbs in the present tense when the subject of the verb is a third person singular subject. This -s is different from the plural -s. Do not confuse the two. The subject "Lisa and Ronald" is a third person plural subject, so the verb does not get an -s.Aug 2, 2018

https://learnersdictionary.com › Infl...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

First Presidential Jet Lands At Anambra Int'l Airport (Photos) / Exhausted Lagosians Sleeping Inside A Moving BRT Bus (Video, Photos) / Man Rescues 13 Persons in a Boat Mishap, Dies While Rescuing the 14th in PH(pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.