Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,476 members, 7,816,123 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan (5781 Views)

I’m Proud Of Nnamdi Kanu, He’s Just Like Me — Father / Tam David-West Tells Jonathan "Look For Shoes Quickly And Go Back To Otuoke” / I’m Proud Of Alao-akala - Obj (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by rebranded(m): 10:36am On Feb 11, 2011
ABUJA—Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, presidential flag bearer, Mallam Nuhu Ahmed Ribadu, yesterday praised the development and peace that exist in states ruled by the party and declared that he was proud to be a rascal.

Ribadu made this declaration at the launching of “The People’s President”: Chronicle of Comrade Adams Oshiomhole’s 8 years leadership in NLC”, the pioneer chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, said the development in the South-West glaringly point to the fact that men of honour were in abundance in the zone.

He, however, alleged that what should have been the headache of Mr. President was the shameful presidential primary election that the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, conducted in Eagle Square, Abuja, a few weeks ago.

Ribadu also claimed that only a small group of people divert the vast resources of the country with impunity, adding that must stop.

He said: “We have a situation where a few people cornered the entire resources of the country and do what they like with it. I was expecting our dear leader, our respected president to be talking about what happened in Eagle Square about three weeks ago.

“Eagle Square is supposed to be the heart of this country but what happened there we should not even keep quiet. A ruling party would sit right in front of the country, and do those things that were defeated. I am talking about the one that is out now. Have you taken your time to read what they sent to INEC? I think that was what we should be complaining about, not talking about those who are doing a little thing for their own people. It is a shame. I am proud I have joined what they will like to call the rascals.”

Responding, the Minister of Labour and Productivity, Chief Emeka Wogu, who represented President Goodluck Jonathan, said the President had explained the use of that word which was still being appropriated and used as a presidential campaign slogan of the ACN.

Read More: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/02/im-proud-to-be-a-rascal-ribadu-tells-jonathan/
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by lokya(f): 12:13pm On Feb 11, 2011
Who was reffering to you? re u fom the South west ?Cheap popularity
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by fidelng(m): 12:38pm On Feb 11, 2011
He just want to be noticed
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by 3kay945(m): 12:45pm On Feb 11, 2011
he is ACN or you have forgotten?
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by nvo5(f): 12:45pm On Feb 11, 2011
I never knew his from south west.  
politicians will always want to talk even when
there is no point to be made.
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by fidelng(m): 12:54pm On Feb 11, 2011
nvo5:

thats correct he want support from south west
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by Ninapha(f): 1:00pm On Feb 11, 2011
Talks are cheap, Actions are costly.

we are mostly blessed with talk-talk leaders. still watching.
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by 1025: 1:36pm On Feb 11, 2011
ribadu is playing a smart one here because we all know you don't want to be the next president. ribadu is playing according to instructions based on the terms of the presidential pardon given to him by jonathan.
ribadu is here to destroy the northern votes.
pls ribadu, u can redem your image which u stained in your partial and selective war on corruption.
please support Buhari/Bakare 2011.
let us put this evil (pdp) to shame.
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by Sagamite(m): 1:56pm On Feb 11, 2011
lokya:

Who was reffering to you? re u fom the South west ?Cheap popularity

fidelng:

He just want to be noticed

nvo5:

Are you people thick?

Where did he claim to be from the SW?

He is the presidential candidate for a party that is run from and more successful in the SW, they were called rascals by an uninspiring, dull entity and he is defending the party's achievements.
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by Ikwikwikwi(m): 2:07pm On Feb 11, 2011
abeg no hurt your feet, and no forget say na borrow dem give you the cloth wey you take dey dance atiliogwu, the owner dey around o. so no tear the cloth and no hurt your feet, you hear. good boy, now go join your mama for kitchen
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by jumobi1(m): 2:12pm On Feb 11, 2011
Ribadu should STFU already.
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by Beaf: 2:12pm On Feb 11, 2011
Hehe!

Mr Bayo Adewale Omoisaleko Ribadu . . .

Fomerly Fulani from Adamawa state. grin
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by hubreality(m): 2:28pm On Feb 11, 2011
Why is this unfruitful concern or topic about what these politicians are saying on their campaigns continue to make headlines on NairaLand? It's never new with aspiring politicians exchanging political propaganda and counter speeches during election campaign in any country even in the US.

If Ribadu like, let him be proud of whatever he wants,  Is he from the South West? Was his name or anybody's name mentioned by GEJ?,  I simply call it a lame strategy; let him be a bit focused at the programs he has for Nigeria, and addressing very very important issues of religious and ethnic killings in his region, how he will stop it if voted in and stop mud slinging.  smiley
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by Gbawe: 2:32pm On Feb 11, 2011
Sagamite:

Are you people thick?

Where did he claim to be from the SW?

He is the presidential candidate for a party that is run from and more successful in the SW, they were called rascals by an uninspiring, dull entity and he is defending the party's achievements.

My brother please tell them OOOO !!!! Politics of enmity, lack of political sophistication and ethnic intolerance is written all over some replies here. For the avoidance of doubt  Ribadu , and not Tinubu , is the leader of the ACN Party because he is their Presidential candidate. There is no formal provision , anywhere in the world , for the "founding fathers" of political Parties even if some of us prefer a 'funky' bastardization of politics in Nigeria . David Cameron is the leader of the Conservative Party and Nick Clegg leads the lib dem Party . Obama is the leader of the democratic party and , In Ghana, Atta Mills is the leader of the NDC Party.  Kapish ? Some of you may not like Ribadu but one would hope you would be intelligent enough to understand Party structure basics to see that Ribadu is duty bound to speak on behalf of his Governors and party representatives , wherever they may be from , if they are maligned wrongly.
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by aljharem(m): 2:40pm On Feb 11, 2011
i am beginning to suspect this ribadu of a man

i am starting to think he is an agent of disunity in the north undecided
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by HAH: 3:00pm On Feb 11, 2011
Ribadu is a mole planted by the PDP to reduce Buhari/bakares vote BUT HE AND HIS GODFATHER OBASANJO will not succeed NIGERIA SAI BUHARI.
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by ekubear1: 3:02pm On Feb 11, 2011

Who couldn't love rascals such as the ACN?  grin
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by Gbawe: 3:10pm On Feb 11, 2011
alj harem:

i am beginning to suspect this ribadu of a man

i am starting to think he is an agent of disunity in the north undecided

How ? Because he appears comfortable with folks from the South? A Northerner liked by Ojukwu, Soyinka, fawehinmi (RIP) et al can't be a 'real' Northerner ? Is that it ? All I can see is Nigerians just speaking out of turn against this guy because he is showing a good awareness of how politics should be practiced effectively . At the end of the day , Ribadu is showing that we Nigerians are not ready for what we hypocritically clamour for publicly. I make bold to say that the North better start producing more leaders like Ribadu and El Rufai or be left behind . I may not support GEJ but his emergence is good for our politics because it exposes the "born to rule" laziness of clannish folks like Ciroma that is ruining Nigeria. GEJ's defeat of Atiku is actually a defeat of the regressive leaders the North should consign to the bins of history. The region should look to modern, detribalised administrators.

I believe in politics of merit and I feel every region should presents its best candidates who are modern , exposed and visionary.  Why is Shekarau and other Northern Politicians not talking like Ribadu ? Don't we all like how Obama talked his way into history ? Abeg you should praise modern northerners like Ribadu and El Rufai instead of 'distrusting' them because they don't have the taciturn, indolent and "born to rule" , keep-to-the-North-alone style of Ciroma et al. If the North will distrust Ribadu because he is comfortable with all Nigerians and will not incite the North to vote because of ethnic sentiments then that is their own problem. Afterall, what have "trusted" old-school Northern leaders done for the region if not left it badly impoverished while they are stupendously rich.
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by Gbawe: 3:26pm On Feb 11, 2011
HAH:

Ribadu is a mole planted by the PDP to reduce Buhari/bakares vote BUT HE AND HIS GODFATHER OBASANJO will not succeed NIGERIA SAI BUHARI.

Folks like you are actually putting me off Buhari with your unfounded conspiracy theory against Ribadu. You are acting like some Nigerians with their "everyone is planning against our success" mentality.  Ribadu must be a damn fine actor to actualise this plan and fool so many into complicity like Tinubu and co. Some of you should stop maligning Ribadu's integrity cheaply . It is insulting. The man is merely cordial with OBJ lately . We all forget he has had a large dose of OBJ's betrayal with how our former President did nothing to prevent the persecution of the likes of Ribadu and El Rufai by Yar Adua . At least credit the man with some intelligence. He has grown beyond being OBJ's boy. Ribadu actually has own independent profile now and some of you should appreciate and accept that. In case it had not occurred to you, Ribadu is the only thing standing in the way of Jonathan making a clean sweep of the SW region. Buhari , even with Bakare, is still a hard sell for many. If anything , and with how things stand , Ribadu is actually of more benefit to Buhari. Do you think Buhari can take Lagos and any of the ACN controlled SW States ? Go and reflect on that in relation to your conspiracy theory.
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by SisiKill1: 3:32pm On Feb 11, 2011
Gbawe:

How ? Because he appears comfortable with folks from the South? A Northerner liked by Ojukwu, Soyinka, fawehinmi (RIP) et al can't be a 'real' Northerner ? Is that it ? All I can see is Nigerians just speaking out of turn against this guy because he is showing a good awareness of how politics should be practiced effectively . At the end of the day , Ribadu is showing that we Nigerians are not ready for what we hypocritically clamour for publicly. I make bold to say that the North better start producing more leaders like Ribadu and El Rufai or be left behind . I may not support GEJ but his emergence is good for our politics because it exposes the "born to rule" laziness of clannish folks like Ciroma that is ruining Nigeria. GEJ's defeat of Atiku is actually a defeat of the regressive leaders the North should consign to the bins of history. The region should look to modern, detribalised administrators.

I believe in politics of merit and I feel every region should presents its best candidates who are modern , exposed and visionary.  Why is Shekarau and other Northern Politicians not talking like Ribadu ? Don't we all like how Obama talked his way into history ? Abeg you should praise modern northerners like Ribadu and El Rufai instead of 'distrusting' them because they don't have the taciturn, indolent and "born to rule" , keep-to-the-North-alone style of Ciroma et al. If the North will distrust Ribadu because he is comfortable with all Nigerians and will not incite the North to vote because of ethnic sentiments then that is their own problem. Afterall, what have "trusted" old-school Northern leaders done for the region if not left it badly impoverished while they are stupendously rich.

Very well said!!!!!
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by mrofficial(m): 3:41pm On Feb 11, 2011
All we hear is "OBJ's boy". Can we move on please? is Ribadu a member of PDP? Tinubu and OBJ are not good terms. So why would OBJ's boy be the presidential flag bearer under ACN? Is Tinubu a chump?

Some Nigerians are so dull that they forget too quick (32MB of RAM)

If I vote for PDP, It will be that I'm not fighting for the progress of Nigeria.
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by Sagamite(m): 3:53pm On Feb 11, 2011
Gbawe:

I make bold to say that the North better start producing more leaders like Ribadu and El Rufai or be left behind. I may not support GEJ but his emergence is good for our politics because it exposes the "born to rule" laziness of clannish folks like Ciroma that is ruining Nigeria. GEJ's defeat of Atiku is actually a defeat of the regressive leaders the North should consign to the bins of history. The region should look to modern, detribalised administrators.

Absolutely on point!

This is very similar to what I was saying on another thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-536766.448.html#msg7003997

It was a fantastic feeling to see GEJ (no matter how dull and uninspiring he is) beating the dollar-multimillionaire-from-civil-service-work the reetards from ACF produced as concensus candidate.

If GEJ wins the election (as he is very likely to), don't be surprised that the fucktards that are leading the North will produce another criminal like IBB as their candidate for 2015.
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by Gbawe: 4:06pm On Feb 11, 2011
mr.official:

All we hear is "OBJ's boy". Can we move on please? is Ribadu a member of PDP? Tinubu and OBJ are not good terms. So why would OBJ's boy be the presidential flag bearer under ACN? Is Tinubu a chump?

Some Nigerians are so dull that they forget too quick (32MB of RAM)

If I vote for PDP, It will be that I'm not fighting for the progress of Nigeria.

Don't mind them . Ribadu is so lacking in leadership ambition himself and an unrepentant "OBJ's boy" to the extent that his main aim in life is to partake in an elaborate conspiracy to help OBJ's annointed candidate (GEJ) win. Many International offers have been tabled before Ribadu with the kind of pay package indolent Nigerian leaders can only steal from our coffers yet some think he will come and make himself a pawn in OBJ's game ? The guy genuinely aspires to lead Nigeria. That is the only sensible explanation. The "Ribadu is a front for OBJ" nonsense originates from the minds of Northerners who simply feel Ribadu must be a traitor because he is too well-liked by Southerners.
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by Sagamite(m): 4:14pm On Feb 11, 2011
^^^ A lot of Nigerians throw arrant, illogical and unreasonable conjectures as arguments/beliefs/opinions like utter reetards. Some even present such as intellectual insight.

It is a manifestation of the total breakdown of our Educational System.

This is an example of how they throw and consume such conjectures:

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/front-page-news/17445-commotion-in-ibadan-over-rumour-of-laced-akara-for-students-it-is-baseless-govt

That is enough! Don't let me go into how their mooronic private-jet flying pastors fool them and milk them for money whilst they go around defending it because they believe he is a "Man of God".
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by Nobody: 4:18pm On Feb 11, 2011
[size=48pt]VIVA LE RASCALS [/size]
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by tlops(m): 4:53pm On Feb 11, 2011
I thought ACN is merging wit CPC, pls what does CPC mean.
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by daroz(m): 5:18pm On Feb 11, 2011
Ribadu cant win presidency for ACN. Buhari`s popularity is overshadowing him, and the vote of the note is going to be shared among them. The wise thing for ACN to do is to forget about the presidency and work with CPC, if not, its GEJ all the way. A word is enough for the wise
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by 1United1: 5:19pm On Feb 11, 2011
I joined this forum basically for intellectual exercise, but unfortunately what I get here are all thrash ( with the  exemption of Gbawe, Sagamite, Beaf and few others I cannot readily recall). Or how does one explain the fact that NL which is populated by large forward looking youth cannot stand argument on his foot without recourse to ethnicity, cynicism ,mudslinging and vituperation. How does presidential candidate defence of an unguarded statement disparaging his party by his opponent amount to self serving in NL. I am in the least disappointed. I am signing off from Nairaland for the time being as a way of protest.
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by Beaf: 5:30pm On Feb 11, 2011
1 United:

I joined this forum basically for intellectual exercise, but unfortunately what I get here are all thrash ( with the exemption of Gbawe, Sagamite, Beaf and few others I cannot readily recall). Or how does one explain the fact that NL which is populated by large forward looking youth cannot stand argument on his foot without recourse to ethnicity, cynicism ,mudslinging and vituperation. How does presidential candidate defence of an unguarded statement disparaging his party by his opponent amount to self serving in NL. I am in the least disappointed. I am signing off from Nairaland for the time being as a way of protest.

Thanks for the compliment, but please don't sign off. Election season is silly season, but it helps you and I know our country better.
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by ibelab(m): 5:32pm On Feb 11, 2011
For me personally i think Ribadu is  best person nigeria got to tackle corrpution, if he wins , 4 sure  alot off dirty az**m fu**k is helding to jail,  if jonathan wins, everything remain thesame,  nobody a** is going to jail,    grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ;wish nigerians will open there eyes,
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by Nobody: 5:40pm On Feb 11, 2011
this election will be very interesting
Re: I’m Proud To Be A Rascal, Ribadu Tells Jonathan by passyjango(m): 5:53pm On Feb 11, 2011
daroz:

Ribadu cant win presidency for ACN. Buhari`s popularity is overshadowing him, and the vote of the note is going to be shared among them. The wise thing for ACN to do is to forget about the presidency and work with CPC, if not, its GEJ all the way. A word is enough for the wise

You do not vote for someone because you know he will win. You vote for a person because you believe in his abilities and programmes. It shouldn't matter if the whole nation votes for the other candidates, your one vote should go to the candidate you believe in. I am not interested in North South. If Ribadu were to be from South-South, I would still have voted for him.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See How A White Man Is Treated In A Nigerian Palace / Breaking: Senate Begins Screening Of CJN / See The Reason Why Aisha Buhari Asked Aspirants Not To Come With Their Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.