Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,956 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:43 AM

Soldiers Attacked My Convoy, NOT Boko Haram, Says Borno Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Attacked My Convoy, NOT Boko Haram, Says Borno Governor (698 Views)

Why Soldiers Attacked Adamawa Police Command Headquarters – Army / Wike: Policeman In Mufti Blocked My Convoy With AK-47 Rifle / Zulum: Soldiers, Not Boko Haram, Attacked My Convoy – Borno Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Soldiers Attacked My Convoy, NOT Boko Haram, Says Borno Governor by oluemmakay(m): 11:32pm On Aug 04, 2020
Babagana Zulum, governor of Borno state, says the attack on his convoy was carried out by soldiers.

On Wednesday, the governor’s convoy was attacked in Baga while on his way to some internally displaced persons (IDP) camps in Kukawa local government area of the state.

The attack was initially believed to have been carried out by Boko Haram insurgents but speaking with reporters, Zulum attributed it to a sabotage from the army.

“You heard what happened at Baga. It is a complete sabotage. The issue is not about the president. The soldiers and equipment are on ground. We have a total number of about 1,181 soldiers in Baga. I think the problem is in the command or control structure which has to be looked into,” Zulum said.

“I cannot end my interview without clearly stating what happened. As far as I am concerned, there was no Boko Haram inside the town yesterday. That was a serious shooting by the Nigerian armed forces who are residing in Baga. The situation is very embarrassing.

“I think we shall give them some sufficient time because Baga is very important. The shores of the Lake Chad provide employment opportunities to about 10 million people in the north-east.”

In January, he accused the troops of extorting road users.

https://www.thecable.ng/icymi-soldiers-attacked-my-convoy-not-boko-haram-says-zulum/amp

Re: Soldiers Attacked My Convoy, NOT Boko Haram, Says Borno Governor by adontcare(f): 12:45am On Aug 05, 2020
Wawa man
Re: Soldiers Attacked My Convoy, NOT Boko Haram, Says Borno Governor by orisa37: 1:59am On Aug 05, 2020
Let Olonisakin sack Buraitai now. PMB may sack Olonisakin and Buraitai.
Re: Soldiers Attacked My Convoy, NOT Boko Haram, Says Borno Governor by dokie: 2:32am On Aug 05, 2020
This guy wants Burutai out by all means.

While i admire his courage and supposed good intent, its very wrong for him to accuse the military falsely, while exonerating the commander in chief of the military (President). On what basis will the military be attacking a governor? It is this infallible status that these northerners continue to bestow on buhari that sustains his cataclysmic incompetence.
Re: Soldiers Attacked My Convoy, NOT Boko Haram, Says Borno Governor by Karemarealty288(m): 2:35am On Aug 05, 2020
Drama every week....

Re: Soldiers Attacked My Convoy, NOT Boko Haram, Says Borno Governor by Mynd44: 5:14am On Aug 05, 2020

(1)

. / ‘life Has Never Been This Tough’ — Audu Ogbeh Asks FG To Stop Killings / PHOTOS: Buhari, Osinbajo Attend Ministerial Performance Review Retreat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.