Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,808 members, 7,831,638 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

Police Confirms Training School Didn't Get Senate Approval - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Confirms Training School Didn't Get Senate Approval (15718 Views)

It’s Treasonable To Deploy Nigerian Army To Niger Without Senate Approval — MBF / Buhari Seeks Senate Approval For $800M World Bank Loan / Kwara Will Get Senate President Slot If Atiku Wins- Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Confirms Training School Didn't Get Senate Approval by LaboPolitics: 5:09pm On Aug 05, 2020
That's where the money policemen extorted from you on thr highway ended. Every DPO, DCO, MPC, AC, CP, DIG remits money to the top- the I.G's office.

So, when the I.G claims he is not aware that his officer are extorting money from the general public, he is telling a huge lie.

If you remove these criminal police officers from our highways, transport fare of people and goods will drop drastically, because the drivers, motorists and transport companies factor in the illegal extortion fee they give to the police into your transport fare.

The police is not a revenue generating body and bail is supposed to be free.
Re: Police Confirms Training School Didn't Get Senate Approval by frankyychiji(f): 5:12pm On Aug 05, 2020
adecz:
lipsrsealed undecided

Ghen ghenn!!

Didn't police deny the earlier story
by Sahara Reporters?

Who is peddling fake stories now?
Sahara said the IGP put pressure on the commanders to cough out at least N500k monthly to support the project, but police say individuals and corporate entities together with the state government, built the facility.

We have heard from both sides. We choose to believe the logical side. Don't ask us which side is the logical side
--Smartprof

1 Like

Re: Police Confirms Training School Didn't Get Senate Approval by frankyychiji(f): 5:22pm On Aug 05, 2020
Elineska:
That's the trend now.
Chief of Army staff sited Army university in his home town.
Chief of airstaff did the same.
Remain Chief of Naval staff.
So the IG is simply following the trend.
What we have are Selfish S.O.Bs as leaders.
On the flip side, you won't blame them solely for this. The nature of our people is such that if you are in position of authority, it's expected to become a family affair. Otherwise, after you leave office, you loose goodwill of your people.

They will ask you "what did you do for us"?

That's why I'm a strong proponent of restructuring, so that nobody will come from sokoto under the guise of Federal government, and mine the gold behind my house in Imo, and loot same to build a university in his state in order to be loved by his people.

1 Like

Re: Police Confirms Training School Didn't Get Senate Approval by Opeyemi4real(m): 5:22pm On Aug 05, 2020
It's time to support Sahara reporters, they've been doing well with issues of corruption

1 Like

Re: Police Confirms Training School Didn't Get Senate Approval by frankyychiji(f): 5:25pm On Aug 05, 2020
PlsBanMe:
"My IGP is lean. It means he is working hard" President Buhari

Truly, the IGP is hard working, trying hard to establish unapproved training schools.

But I guess that's good in a way if he is forcing some officers to donate. They are all fat from corruption and if he is demanding from them to build an edifice as his own legacy, why should I care?

It is time police started paying back to the society from their corruption money. All state command should build a standard hospital every year and the police men and officers in that state should be forced to cough out the money.

It is possible
My question is, since the project has no government approval, how do they maintain it?
Re: Police Confirms Training School Didn't Get Senate Approval by seniormallam(m): 5:49pm On Aug 05, 2020
Elineska:
That's the trend now.
Chief of Army staff sited Army university in his home town.
Chief of airstaff did the same.
Remain Chief of Naval staff.
So the IG is simply following the trend.
What we have are Selfish S.O.Bs as leaders.

Which lever will the chief of naval staff has to erect any structure in the east,

I'm not surprise for the chief of defense staff, Yoruba's in powers uselessness is legendary

1 Like

Re: Police Confirms Training School Didn't Get Senate Approval by PlsBanMe: 6:13pm On Aug 05, 2020
frankyychiji:
My question is, since the project has no government approval, how do they maintain it?

By continously taxing the fat cows same way the training school was built(i.e senior police chiefs). There are many senior police officers that makes over a million naira per week, depending on the state posted and the formation they head.

If you are a state CP, there's no way you make less than 1m each day unless you are cursed. Some of those monies are even perfectly legal.i.e gifts from organizations, associations, companies and government plus those from several subordinates.
Re: Police Confirms Training School Didn't Get Senate Approval by frankyychiji(f): 6:24pm On Aug 05, 2020
PlsBanMe:

By continously taxing the fat cows same way the training school was built(i.e senior police chiefs). There are many senior police officers that makes over a million naira per week, depending on the state posted and the formation they head.

If you are a state CP, there's no way you make less than 1m each day unless you are cursed. Some of those monies are even perfectly legal.i.e gifts from organizations, associations, companies and government plus those from several subordinates.
Hahaha... perfectly legal? Are they not supposed to declare it to the authorities?

Who knows, may be the Nasarawa state government would adopt it as state owned.
Re: Police Confirms Training School Didn't Get Senate Approval by Kingspin(m): 7:57pm On Aug 05, 2020
Anybody is siting projects within his own community, not a strategic one.

Imagine the trend.
Re: Police Confirms Training School Didn't Get Senate Approval by Cholison(m): 6:27am On Aug 06, 2020
In a civilized world the IGP and his team should have been fired and prosecuted. Under what budget was he executing that project? Of course from the proceeds of corruption. Saint Bihari I am sure is not aware oooo
Re: Police Confirms Training School Didn't Get Senate Approval by origenrameroqr: 8:05am On Aug 06, 2020
Furthermore, the construction of the facility was achieved with the support of the Nasarawa State Government and well-meaning corporate bodies within the context of their Corporate Social Responsibility. MyGroundBiz Login

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man, 22, To Die By Hanging For Stealing N955, 600. / Why We Stopped General Buhari’s 1 Million Man March In Kano – Police / The Warning Letter Against Fani-Kayode & Lere Olayinka From Amaechi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.