Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,127 members, 7,835,801 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

Obaseki Redeploys Osayande Aisagbon For Not Providing Kolanut At Oba's Palace - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki Redeploys Osayande Aisagbon For Not Providing Kolanut At Oba's Palace (28957 Views)

Adamu Garba Slams GRV For Not Removing His Cap & Shoes At Oba's Palace In Lagos / Enugu PDP Youths Eject Vice Chairman For Not Providing Mobilisation Funds / APC Chieftain, Osayande, Defects To PDP With 3000 Members In Ovia North East‎ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki Redeploys Osayande Aisagbon For Not Providing Kolanut At Oba's Palace by rickyrex(m): 9:36am On Aug 06, 2020
UNTILL THE WINNER IS PRONOUNCED COME SEPTEMBER YOU ALL ARE ENTITLED TO YOUR OPINION
Re: Obaseki Redeploys Osayande Aisagbon For Not Providing Kolanut At Oba's Palace by mamotalk: 10:24am On Aug 06, 2020
Autotech312:

E pain am. Oga answer my question.
me, I go get pain? Obaseki has no wahala, he's a gentleman. I don't have any question from you.
Re: Obaseki Redeploys Osayande Aisagbon For Not Providing Kolanut At Oba's Palace by IamHonourable1: 10:26am On Aug 06, 2020
In my own Igbo tribe,it's the king who should give his visitors lola and not the other way round.
Re: Obaseki Redeploys Osayande Aisagbon For Not Providing Kolanut At Oba's Palace by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 06, 2020
NwokoloOwa:
Exactly the same way Obaseki and Shaibu will leave several things undone because they are so fixated on Oshiomole, Oshiomole, Oshiomole than on their campaign or even governance.

Ability to stay focused on your goal even under pressure is a very important virtue of life.
Word!!
Re: Obaseki Redeploys Osayande Aisagbon For Not Providing Kolanut At Oba's Palace by Bennycollins: 11:54am On Aug 06, 2020
What are you saying? Ok, did our custom and traditions teach us to elect leaders (governors and president) through the ballots and campaigns? Take a look at that palace, how much of foriegn materials are used in building and furnishings? Since we should go with our customs only, then the election should be called off.
mansakhalifa:

My friend, just shut it.

Your inferiority complex and illiteracy just shows through your statement.

Christianity or not, Whether you like it or not, our customs remain our customs. If we lose it all, then we will be nothing more than inferior beings- which we already are by the way.

Before these two foreign religions came from the desert and the sea, how did you think we lived our lives?

Some comments here on Nairaland leave a whole lot to be desired. Look at a blackman proudly uplifting a foreign religion that he knows nothing about over the custom of his ancestors. Like you haven't got an identity.

Little wonder the white folks will tell you that you did not have a history before they came to "civilise" you and you would readily believe them because you don't know your roots.

Dammit!

Re: Obaseki Redeploys Osayande Aisagbon For Not Providing Kolanut At Oba's Palace by Nobody: 12:47pm On Aug 06, 2020
Bennycollins:
What are you saying? Ok, did our custom and traditions teach us to elect leaders (governors and president) through the ballots and campaigns? Take a look at that palace, how much of foriegn materials are used in building and furnishings? Since we should go with our customs only, then the election should be called off.

What you are saying doesn't tally.

I'm heading east, you are heading south.

See?

We can't meet. Nairalanders are pretty deficient in the area of putting up proper debates.
Re: Obaseki Redeploys Osayande Aisagbon For Not Providing Kolanut At Oba's Palace by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 06, 2020
duro4chang:
Now that kola nuts and gin were not presented what happened to the prayer said on that day? Will it be answer or not according to tradition?

That is not my point.

My point is you don't scoff at cultural practices that have stood the test of time.

I hope you get my point now?

Whether the prayer will be answered or not is not in contention here.

Read that man's comment properly and maybe you will know why I got really angry.

How dare you scoff at an institution that your ancestors put in place long before you dreamt of coming into the world? Does that make sense to you, sir?
Re: Obaseki Redeploys Osayande Aisagbon For Not Providing Kolanut At Oba's Palace by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 06, 2020
Gospel367:

You re senseless. why insult and curse someone that didn't even insult anybody with his comment? You are the one who is a stark illiterate because your comment shows that your education was just wasted. it's just a pity!!! Fool!

Why are you so pained

The man a very bigoted statement and I promptly gave him a fitting reply.

Maybe you got miffed because I mentioned your religion. Maybe.

But the truth is, I was right and that is why you lots got angry.

Sorry, man but truth hurts.

Now, you call me a fool for setting an intolerant bigot aright, now what does that make you, "wise guy"

Besides, I did not insult anybody. If I did, you wouldn't even know it. That simple.

By the way, it seems you are operating multiple accounts... sad come clean.

With the way you took things personally, I am beginning to suspect you. smiley
Re: Obaseki Redeploys Osayande Aisagbon For Not Providing Kolanut At Oba's Palace by Nobody: 12:58pm On Aug 06, 2020
AhmedEmeka:

You are not fat from the truth, but you shouldn't put the blame on him entirely. History is not taught in our schools.

Yeah, well...

True.

But it hurts to see how we are all going. We have strayed far from our roots.

I wonder how long we are going to last with the way we are going before we meet with doom.

This is not me talking simply because I can post something online, but the truth is we are all in trouble with the way things are.
Re: Obaseki Redeploys Osayande Aisagbon For Not Providing Kolanut At Oba's Palace by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 06, 2020
mansakhalifa:

Yeah, well...

True.

But it hurts to see how we are all going. We have strayed far from our roots.

I wonder how long we are going to last with the way we are going before we meet with doom.

This is not me talking simply because I can post something online, but the truth is we are all in trouble with the way things are.
Understood, but the idea of everyone going back to their root or over taking their root serious is faulty (a few doses of it is okay though).

We are in a global age, the technology age and I don't advice anybody to lean away from technology. In my village we still make use of basic equipment for farming what is the fun in that.

And bros come back to the reality of Nigeria with me, most Nigeria youth are out here trying to make their daily bread and survive when would they even have time to reason their root.

Most atimes you have to reach a level of accomplishment either financially, mentally or both to begin dey ask yourself sai "ah where I come from self". IE if the normal need to sign a document no carry you go there be that.
Re: Obaseki Redeploys Osayande Aisagbon For Not Providing Kolanut At Oba's Palace by Judeerons32: 2:11pm On Aug 06, 2020
A Benin man in the visitors hall of the palace before the great Benin throne. NO it is a mark of respect.
Sammy07:

So that means they don't wear cap in Benin palace?
Except crown (for king)?
Re: Obaseki Redeploys Osayande Aisagbon For Not Providing Kolanut At Oba's Palace by leofab(f): 6:49pm On Aug 06, 2020
Valoa432:
Prayer na prayer, that's why Christianity good so.
You no need to bend ynash or use kola but.
but you close eyes and kneel down ?
Re: Obaseki Redeploys Osayande Aisagbon For Not Providing Kolanut At Oba's Palace by Esosafun(m): 1:11am On Aug 07, 2020
atemi01:
Yes, Obaseki is owing the staff of college of education, Ekiadolor. Please ask your brothers or sisters that are informed
Get sense!..PEOPLE THAT WERE MOVED TO ANOTHER INSTITUTION AND REFUSED TO GO..WHEN THE PAYROLL HAS BEEN CUT THERE...NO DA YARN CRAP JO....
Re: Obaseki Redeploys Osayande Aisagbon For Not Providing Kolanut At Oba's Palace by Essential(m): 3:53am On Aug 07, 2020
Obaseki is paying for the sin of his forefathers. His great grandfather betrayed Benin kingdom to the white man.qq
May the gods have mercy on his soul because he is doom to fail.
People always stay around him because depression must be staying close to the governor by now.
Re: Obaseki Redeploys Osayande Aisagbon For Not Providing Kolanut At Oba's Palace by Essential(m): 4:02am On Aug 07, 2020
[quote author=IamHonourable1 post=92512837]In my own Igbo tribe,it's the king who should give his visitors lola and not the other way round.[/quote
You can not compare all your king's in the East to the Oba of Benin. slippers get different size.
You don't just into the world to become a king. True King are made are in heaven.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Zone Deputy To S/E Or I’ll Contest For Senate President ― Kalu / Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts / Bode George: Justice Ayo Salami Unfit To Head Panel Investigating Magu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.