Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,062 members, 7,828,744 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

DAZED And Other Stories - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / DAZED And Other Stories (1707 Views)

The Aunt Queen And Other Stories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DAZED And Other Stories by Milastories: 2:18pm On Sep 02, 2020
Galactico4ever:
I expect her to say Yes.
Me too.
Re: DAZED And Other Stories by Milastories: 2:23pm On Sep 02, 2020
Thanks to everyone who followed DAZED. I know it didn't end in the conventional way, so you might sorta feel like I still have more episodes but I really don't.

Also sorry I didn't specify "THE END" but that's truly the end.

Thanks for following once again.

I'll be putting up my short stories from time to time, so don't run away. We die here grin

The next story I'm putting up is titled "THE LOVERS LOOP", It's a story written based on a picture. I'll attach the picture together with the story.

Feel free to leave your honest feedback both on DAZED and every other one.

Thanks again kiss

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DAZED And Other Stories by Milastories: 2:39pm On Sep 02, 2020
THE LOVERS LOOP

"Annie! I’m coming, please stop”

I slumped down on the floor, ridiculously exhausted and perturbed by my effort to reach out to her. Burying my head in between my upright thighs, I let the tears gush out like the rain finally giving in to the stormy clouds. My mind raced back to her beautiful face, the way her tiny eyes would squint when she smiled, and how her shyness always made her use her palms to cover her mouth when she laughed. Oh! Her laughter, it always seemed like she was hiding her magnificent white dentition, despite telling her how beautiful it made her look.

My reminiscence took me back to the early days of our love. We were always glued to each other like a very strong adhesive was used. She loved me like no woman had. I fell deeply in love with her every new day. Our kiss always felt surreal, like we were characters in a romance movie. The intensity from our kisses depicted how much we wanted each other. It was like electric, passing through our tongues when they entwined, and awakening every nerve in our bodies. It just felt surreal.

The first time we made love, our bodies relished the rhythmic pleasure our movements gave. She enveloped me tightly like she was scared I could disappear in a twinkle of an eye. We both reached the peak together and collapsed into the sweaty warmth of our bodies. Making love since then, had only been more magical and more beautiful.

I lifted my head from my knees, and wiped the tears from my eyes.

‘I just can’t lose her, she’s my everything, I made a lot of mistakes but I want her so badly. I’m going to keep trying till I reach her, I just have to’, I thought to myself like a whisper, afraid my thoughts could be heard out loud.

With the newly found determination, I stood up, and glanced at her from across the room. She was two rooms away from where I stood. The rooms had no doors so I could see her clearly. She was seated on the floor with her legs entangled like the Indians when they wanted to pray. Her head was bent like the floor had something she couldn’t stop staring at, her shoulders slumped, her back faced me but I could tell there was a sad serenity that oozed around her.

I took a long sigh, hoping my next attempt to reach her would be different from the hundredth, or is it the thousandth, oh! I’ve lost count. I walked into the next room, silently praying I was one room away from reaching out to her. It appeared like she was still two rooms away. Everything remained the same, like I had never left the room to begin with. I kept entering the next room and she still seemed two rooms away. She was still seated like the Indians, her head bent, and her shoulders slumped. Only difference was, I could hear her singing a sad song. I kept entering the rooms over and over again, it was almost like I was running, still, I couldn’t reach her.

“Annie!!!”, I screamed her name with my last breath and slumped on the floor, shedding tears in exhaustion. I was stuck in this loop and I couldn’t find a way out.

“Annie please, just answer me. Look at me Annie, I’m miserable. Annie please”

I glanced at the room where Annie sat, she still had the same composure. I looked closely and I saw what seemed like a pool of blood around her folded legs. Oh! No, she wasn’t staring at the floor, she was cutting herself. She was killing herself again, again!

“Annie no! please don’t! I’m sorry, I’m terribly sorry. I’m here now please don’t do it”, I kept screaming and running towards her. Entering the next room, over and over again, and still finding myself in the same room like I never left. Annie remained the same, seated two rooms from me. Her melodic voice resonated through the rooms and it pierced my heart like a sharp dagger had cut through me.

I collapsed yet again in exhaustion. I began to wonder how we got into this loop. Images from ‘that night’ started to flash before my eyes. I had gotten home that night, and I saw Annie in a pool of her blood. I saw the knife in her hands, covered with blood, I saw the poison, the spilled glass of wine, and the suicide note. In her note, she explained that the pain from the poison was excruciating, she had to use the knife to end it.

Oh! That note, I read it with bloodstained fidgety hands, hoping my fears wouldn’t be true. I was hoping Annie hadn’t ended her life because of me. It turned out she did. It was truly a dark night, I screamed, I cried, I shook her body rigorously, I called out to her, but she was gone. I had lost the love of my life because I hadn’t believed her.

I probably would have believed Annie if she had told me about her history with Tony. Tony was my best friend, and I introduced him to my girlfriend Annie. They’ve always had an awkward exchange of pleasantries. Annie always acted repulsed by him in front of me but I had caught them several times in a compromising situation. I always waved it off as not much of a bother because I trusted the both of them.

One day, I returned home from my trip and found them having sex. Tony hurriedly left in shame while Annie claimed Tony was raping her. I was so angry that she was trying to play the victim, and wouldn’t own up to being a cheat. I may have used every possible derogatory term, non-deserving of an actual victim, and then stumped out, ignoring her cries and blind to the bruises Tony had left on her.

Reading Annie’s suicide note revealed to me that Tony had molested her from Childhood. She refused telling me about it because he was my best friend and she was hoping he had changed. He hadn’t, and while I was away, he raped her over and over again. She couldn’t bear the pain from the bruises, from my words, from her luck with life. So, she ended her life.

I may keep entering the next room, and the next room, and the next, but it would never change the fact that I would never reach her. She is dead and so am I. I took what was left of Annie’s poison and I ended up in this hell. Hell is where your guilt is placed before you, with a mirage of possible redemption. This lovers loop is my hell and I must keep running.

“Annie! I’m coming, please stop”

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DAZED And Other Stories by Galactico4ever(m): 7:01pm On Sep 02, 2020
So that's the end of DAZED? Can't say am happy,but that was a lovely story.

1 Like

Re: DAZED And Other Stories by Jack273: 8:01pm On Sep 02, 2020
Nice work with Dazed although I wanted more episodes. I liked the fact that she got to save herself and the rest instead of waiting for someone.
Re: DAZED And Other Stories by Ayemileto(m): 9:23pm On Sep 02, 2020
Wow, Milastories nice work!!!
Re: DAZED And Other Stories by Milastories: 4:17pm On Sep 03, 2020
Galactico4ever:
So that's the end of DAZED? Can't say am happy,but that was a lovely story.
Yes that's the end. Thanks for following.
Re: DAZED And Other Stories by Milastories: 4:18pm On Sep 03, 2020
Jack273:
Nice work with Dazed although I wanted more episodes. I liked the fact that she got to save herself and the rest instead of waiting for someone.
Thanks Jack.

You didn't say anything about the second story. You don't like it?
Re: DAZED And Other Stories by Milastories: 4:18pm On Sep 03, 2020
Ayemileto:
Wow, Milastories nice work!!!

Thank you kiss
Re: DAZED And Other Stories by Jack273: 8:46pm On Sep 03, 2020
Milastories:

Thanks Jack.

You didn't say anything about the second story. You don't like it?
I like it. Almost got trapped in the loop myself. Don't know what to say, it's like nothing I've read before. Unique. Keep them coming.

2 Likes

Re: DAZED And Other Stories by XXII: 2:11pm On Sep 04, 2020
Nice work on DAZED.. Then THE LOVERS LOOP is cool too.
But I'd only blame Annie, she should have spoken up regardless of the relationship Tony had with her bf.
Lovely story.

2 Likes

Re: DAZED And Other Stories by Milastories: 6:12pm On Sep 13, 2020
Jack273:

I like it. Almost got trapped in the loop myself. Don't know what to say, it's like nothing I've read before. Unique. Keep them coming.
Thanks dear. I'll be putting up another one remember to give me your feedback.

1 Like

Re: DAZED And Other Stories by Milastories: 6:13pm On Sep 13, 2020
XXII:
Nice work on DAZED.. Then THE LOVERS LOOP is cool too.
But I'd only blame Annie, she should have spoken up regardless of the relationship Tony had with her bf.
Lovely story.
Thanks dear. I saw your handwork with the shares wink kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DAZED And Other Stories by Milastories: 6:20pm On Sep 13, 2020
DEATH PRANK

I collapsed on my chair, appalled and discombobulated by the argument I just had with my daughter. I wondered when and how she decided to become an atheist. Alice loves the church; I would literally have to drag her home from the church, so what changed? The repugnance I felt just by listening to Alice flimsy excuses about the non existence of any god could turn me to a sabre-toothed tiger. I was infuriated but I kept my calm because Brandon wouldn’t want me to smack his lovely daughter. I waited desperately for Brandon’s return from work.

I heard the horn of my husband’s car and the opening gates. I rushed out almost immediately, briskly walking towards him.

“Alice believes in atheism” I blurted out provokingly. I watched as Brandon’s face turned gloom and filled with doubts.

“Let’s go inside dear, I’m sure this must be a misunderstanding” he said.

“I conversed with her and it seems her friends castigated the catholic doctrines which propelled her to do some research and now our daughter is an atheist”. I harked as Bran kept talking about giving Alice time to realize the truth on her own while we put her in our prayers. Suddenly, I had a mischievous grin on my face that left Brandon with a flummox face.

Then I said “we are going to bite more than we can chew, we’re going to prank Alice into believing”.

“Mum, stop the car, that’s dad’s car, you’re going to hit him” Alice screamed hysterically.

I felt gratified our plan was working, just a little more pretence of a failed brake and Alice would be compelled to call God for help which would in turn restore her faith and I’ll stop the car before something macabre happens.

I was in a state of frenzy when I hit the brake and it wouldn’t cave, the brakes were literally failing. I joined my daughter in screaming at Brandon to drive away from the middle of the lonely road where he parked sideways but he seemed engrossed with whatever he was listening to.

My car kept racing loathsomely towards Bran. I could portend a momentous, calamitous and ominous ending. Boom!!! I heard no sound again.

I woke up purportedly from a coma looking frantically around in search of Brandon and Alice. I was told that Alice had no injuries and she just left the hospital while Brandon was still in a critical state and probably wouldn’t make it. The tears welled up in my eyes as I remembered Brandon’s constant disapproval to my prank, he complained about having a gnawing beat in his heart that things wouldn’t go well.

I ran swiftly from the hospital ignoring beckons and summons from the nurses. In no time, I was at the church, I wanted to blame God for ruining a plan I made to win his daughter back to him but I was cut short by the sight of Alice. She was at the altar crying and probably praying.

Quiescently walking to her, I patted her shoulder. She was surprised to see me but she hugged me tightly “Mum, the doctor said only a miracle can keep daddy alive. Please tell God to forgive me, I’ll serve him the rest of my life if he saves dad” I broke down as I watched my daughter wail in anguish “Mum, tell me dad isn’t going to die, please mum”. Wiping her uncontrollable tears and mine, I told her “your dad won’t leave us behind; God wouldn’t let him, let’s pray our rosary dear”

Together we went back to the hospital to find a bandaged looking but smiling bran. The doctors were appalled by the quick turn out of event. God works in his own ways but he never forgets his children. He restored Brandon’s life and also restored Alice’s faith.

"THE END"

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DAZED And Other Stories by Jack273: 1:44am On Sep 15, 2020
It keeps getting better and better. Nice one Milastories. God works in mysterious ways indeed.

1 Like

Re: DAZED And Other Stories by Milastories: 6:45am On Sep 19, 2020
Jack273:
It keeps getting better and better. Nice one Milastories. God works in mysterious ways indeed.
Thanks dear

1 Like

Re: DAZED And Other Stories by Milastories: 6:59am On Sep 19, 2020
THE DREAM

I could hear the loud thumping of my heart as I took heavy husky breathes. I tried to make sense of where I was, as my conscious self was recuperating after being buried deep into my subconscious. The image of a well-built human form sitting across the bed covered with the shadows of my dark room startled me.

The strangely familiar but ponderous voice of who I finally recognized as Ned, my boyfriend, asked “who the hell is Eddy?”

The question threw me aback, like how on earth could Ned know about Eddy, I pondered. I received some clarity when Ned further said, “it seemed like you were having a pretty good sex with Eddy in your sleep, you kept screaming his name to hit you harder”.

I could feel my face fluster, I indeed had one hell of a dream, not a sex dream but a rather unscrupulous and bedazzling dream. My dreams are a sober reflection of whatever bothers my conscious, I barely remember my dreams but when I do, then it was worth looking into. Waking abruptly from this dream, coupled with Ned’s thunderous stare, made me recall every aspect like it’s a movie playing before me.

“I had found myself in a mist of obscure darkness. I couldn’t tell if it was a room or place because I couldn’t feel any ground, just my bare skin. It felt like I was afloat with no movement at all. instantaneously, I became the light that radiated through the darkness.” I paused, lost in thoughts, trying to gather the next words to describe what I had seen in my dream.

Ned grabbed me by my hair and pulled it hard as he bawled, “am I a joke to you bitch? You cheap slut, you go around sleeping around with some guy to the point he bleeps you in your dream? And you be talking about darkness and shit, tell me Maze, am I a joke?”

I pulled Ned’s hand away from my hair as I gave him a cold hard stare, after a moment of silence, I said with a stern voice, “if I wanted to cheat on you honey, I would have done that a long time ago and won’t hide it away from you, so stop being an insecure baby and listen to the damn dream”.

Ned nodded like he had no choice which made me wear a satisfied grin on my face. Ned had always been a control, obsessive and supercilious freak, until he met his match - me.

“Preternatural creatures could be seen with the light emitting from me, they kept drawing nigh slothfully. In no time, I became surrounded by the creatures en masse. No amount of words can fully portray their nature, some were slimy, a few others had more than four hands with just one leg, some I could feel with my hands but could not even see. I felt quintessential among those uncanny creatures. They made fremd noises like my presence was an inconvenience, I was a persona non grata amongst them.

Without warning, our attention was abysmally drawn to another light emitting from the far end of an infinity of darkness. I felt a pang of relief that the creatures whose outlook just a second ago, was that of putting an end to the unwelcomed visitor, suddenly paid less attention to me and focused on the new emission of light. My relief was short-lived when a few of them coherently lifted me and hurried towards the other light, while the others, aesthetically ordered, followed suit. I was amazed to see that the light illuminating from the far end was actually Eddy”

I paused with a hint of excitement written on my face. At the mention of Eddy, Ned’s interest in my dream sprouted.

“Who is Eddy?”

I took a deep sigh as I explained to Ned that Eddy was a new co-worker in my working place. His expression seemed like he had more questions to ask but chose to rather keep mute.

“I was dropped beside Eddy who immediately recognised me but was indeed shocked at my very presence. He held my hands tight for comfort as we watched the preternatural creatures make noises or speak in languages we couldn’t comprehend. Suddenly, at the speed of a light, they became quiet and a very small creature was lifted above others.

They all bowed in unison and it was obvious the small creature had carte blanche over the rest. It was puzzling how the tinniest among them happened to be some sort of king above the largest ones. We were pricked by what seemed like a tiny finger and instantly, we fell on our knees. Giving a bow, we bizarrely understood everything they were saying. Their supposed king spoke up with graceful embellishment saying Eddy and I had crossed the wrong territory.

It was a fait accompli around their neighbouring counterparts that their kingdom was pure darkness, and harbouring lights would only be a faux pas. Ipso facto, they asked Eddy to kill me since their modus operandi was never to touch a woman. I could then understand the reason they seemed more frightful of me than I was of them. My feminine organs illuminated more light than any other part of me and it wasn’t so with Eddy.

Eddy blatantly refused to kill me which rendered him series of torture. I pleaded with Eddy to do as he was told since we were both going to die anyways. He was given what seemed like a whip, it was the weapon to be used to kill me. I wondered how their mentality was so archaic to the point they felt a whip could end my life except they wanted me bruised to the point I bleed out light till death.

Eddy hit me reluctantly and he got angry yells from the creatures to hit me harder. He did the same the second time and it aggravated them so much that they tortured him once more. I told him to hit me harder and he kept refusing until I was so angry I howled, ‘Eddy, hit me harder!!!’ and the moment he did, I woke up"

Ned immediately hugged me like he was relieved I didn’t have sex with anyone in my dream. With a puzzling look on his face, he asked,

“Maze, your dreams tell you are bothered about something, what does this one mean?”

I could see his face sombre, like he was scared of the answer I was going to give him. I held his hands reassuringly as I tried making my next words as soothing as it could be

“I care about Eddy a lot, just because he seems like he needs a lot of help and I am one to help the ones I can” I paused trying to find no pain in his eyes.

“We won’t break, I promise you”, I finally said despairingly.

We became locked in each other’s embrace while my mind wandered far away into my puzzling dream curious to know what happened to Eddy after I left.

6 Likes

Re: DAZED And Other Stories by Galactico4ever(m): 7:06am On Sep 19, 2020
tongue smiley

1 Like

Re: DAZED And Other Stories by Milastories: 7:27am On Sep 19, 2020
Galactico4ever:
tongue smiley
Seems like you're my biggest fan grin
Check out the story I just posted, you didn't see it before cos I got banned wink

1 Like

Re: DAZED And Other Stories by Galactico4ever(m): 7:36am On Sep 19, 2020
Milastories:

Seems like you're my biggest fan grin
Check out the story I just posted, you didn't see it before cos I got banned wink
Thanks Mila.What a dream though tongue I wonder how Ned will feel if she told him she had sex.
Re: DAZED And Other Stories by Milastories: 8:47am On Oct 16, 2020
Galactico4ever:
Thanks Mila.What a dream though tongue I wonder how Ned will feel if she told him she had sex.
Lol... It sure would have caused fight
Re: DAZED And Other Stories by Milastories: 8:53am On Oct 16, 2020
Hey guys, I hope you don't mind, but some stories from me would be coming in a pictorial form. I'm working on something, and though the results are terrible stories, I'd still like to share them with you. Cos we grow together wink

The one below is titled CAUGHT. I'd love to hear what you think about it.

kiss

2 Likes

Re: DAZED And Other Stories by Milastories: 5:22pm On Nov 02, 2020
LET ME GO

‘What is this feeling? Sadness? Depression? The need to drown into oblivion? The craving for non-existence?’

My mind battled with questions I was oblivious to the answers. I trodded aimlessly across the highway. It was empty and dark. The moon and the stars chose tonight not to shine.

‘wait, how did I get to the highway? The last thing I remember is seeing their dead bodies in the house. When did I leave the house? How long have I been walking? My barefoot hurts badly. It feels damp like the ground is either wet or I’m bleeding’

I kept limping and trodding down the path with no aim. Nothing else seemed to matter. All that ever mattered to me were dead.

‘what’s the point of living?’

I noticed the headlight of a car racing through the free highway.

‘This is my chance to end it, to end it all. It’s time for this burden in my heart to be relieved. It’s time to end the pain’

The racing car drew nigh and in a split second, I threw myself in front of it.

‘I can hear recurring voices. Is it Ether? And Ester? And Matt and Mum? Is this heaven or hell or a space in between? It’s just darkness. Heaven should be white and hell, golden blazing fire. This is just darkness. I need to make out what the voices are saying’

“Oh my gosh Dad, Is she dead? Why did you hit her?”

“I don’t know she jumped right in front of the car”

“Dad, let’s take her to the hospital”

I heard the indistinct voices and it occurred to me that I was neither in heaven nor hell nor the space in between. I was alive and still on earth. My whole body ached and I could barely move. My head was badly hurting like it was battered. I felt a sharp pain in my stomach like I was stabbed there. Someone was touching me, trying to move me.

‘Oh! No! do they want to take me to the hospital? Don’t they know I don’t want to live? How do I tell them to leave me here to bleed to death? why can’t I move any part of my body? Can I still talk?’

“Let me go. Leave me here please”, I whispered painfully.

“Dad, she’s saying something, listen”, I heard a panicking feminine voice say.

I repeated myself.

“Young lady, there’s a stick in your tummy and your head seems bashed. You are losing a lot of blood and need to be taken to the hospital”

I felt someone lift me up. I felt drawn into more darkness, like oblivion was calling out to me. I was starting to lose consciousness. The voices were fading off.

‘Unconsciousness doesn’t mean death right? I have to stay conscious in order to kill myself before getting to the hospital. How do I do that?’

I was laid on the car seat. My head rested on the lap of someone who held my face delicately. The feminine voice kept saying “hold on, stay with me”

‘if I rolled off the car seat, the stick could further pierce me and kill me, can I move my body? I need to tell the person to let me go’

“Let me go, please”

Painstakingly, with the little strength I could muster, I tried to roll off the seat. The bump on the road aided my movement. It felt like the universe was on my side. The stranger tried to prevent me from falling but it was too late. I landed on the car’s floor. Pain spiked through me like electricity and in that instant, darkness….

‘I can hear voices again. Is it Ether? And Ester? And Matt and Mum? Is this heaven or hell or a space in between?’

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kinetic Comics Is Now Out / Top 10 Sources Of Inspiration For Creative Writing (part 1) / Diary Of An African Teen.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.