Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,451 members, 7,850,574 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:18 AM

17 Edo Lawmakers Claim To Have Impeached Assembly Speaker - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 17 Edo Lawmakers Claim To Have Impeached Assembly Speaker (26631 Views)

17 Edo Lawmakers Insist On Sitting / Malami Orders Police To Provide Security For 17 Edo Lawmakers / Thirteen Obasanjos, Alao-akalas Couldn’t Have Impeached Me – Ladoja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 17 Edo Lawmakers Claim To Have Impeached Assembly Speaker by kolade560: 8:36pm On Aug 06, 2020
osazsky:
I know that church.it looks familiar.i have been to that church before.where they are doing the impeachment
grin
osazsky:
I know that church.it looks familiar.i have been to that church before.where they are doing the impeachment
Re: 17 Edo Lawmakers Claim To Have Impeached Assembly Speaker by earnit3: 9:13pm On Aug 06, 2020
Really
Re: 17 Edo Lawmakers Claim To Have Impeached Assembly Speaker by ernieboy(m): 9:26pm On Aug 06, 2020
kcnwaigbo:
Fourteen of them already have their seats declared vacant
gbam! the cases is already in court for inec to conduct fresh elections, joker's.
Re: 17 Edo Lawmakers Claim To Have Impeached Assembly Speaker by ernieboy(m): 9:30pm On Aug 06, 2020
LegendHero:
Nigeria is now a banana republic.

In Edo, 7 is greater than 17. Obaseki claim to be fighting “godfatherism”, but what he is doing is even greater than what any sane thinking godfather will do. Obaseki could be referred to as a tyrant in power.

Buhari is just a soft president, I trust baba OBJ, he wouldn’t allow such rubbish to happen especially when the said governor is even now in the opposition.

Lastly, Edo is not Lagos like they always say. Besides the fact that Lagos is way above Edo league, there is also no issue of 7 greater than 17 in Lagos!

those seven were duely inaugurated, they sat for the minimum number of days required by the Constitution, 14 out if the 17 did come for inauguration, they did not sit for the required minimum number of days hence their seats were declared vacant, they just lured the deputy speaker and 3 others who were inaugurated with money to give what they want to do a semblance of legitimacy, what desperation.
Re: 17 Edo Lawmakers Claim To Have Impeached Assembly Speaker by Enice(m): 9:47pm On Aug 06, 2020
bigfish3k:

No need arguing with you, you know the truth that 14 already has their seats declared vacant according to the law
according to which law? The constitution is clear and thé law is settled on this. You cannot deprive any constituency representation in government. The only way you can remove a legislator is by recall from his/her constituency
Re: 17 Edo Lawmakers Claim To Have Impeached Assembly Speaker by Enice(m): 9:51pm On Aug 06, 2020
ernieboy:
those seven were duely inaugurated, they sat for the minimum number of days required by the Constitution, 14 out if the 17 did come for inauguration, they did not sit for the required minimum number of days hence their seats were declared vacant, they just lured the deputy speaker and 3 others who were inaugurated with money to give what they want to do a semblance legitimacy, what desperation.
you are talking rubbish. Show me where the constitution says you must sit for a number of days before inauguration.

1 Like

Re: 17 Edo Lawmakers Claim To Have Impeached Assembly Speaker by Enice(m): 10:00pm On Aug 06, 2020
vicshub:
the law only permits a proclamation to be signed once which the governor did on the 18tg of September 2019. When they saw how foolish they were to be in Abuja instead of the Chambers, they started asking the governor to sign another.. He simply refused because its ILLEGAL AND UNCONSTITUTIONAL. even the national assembly got involved but was advised to step back because the governor was in line with the constitution.. It is the similar scenario that played out at the senate that produced saraki as lpresident then.. Please try and read.
you are talking trash. So if there is a by-election and a winner is declared, would the governor sign a new proclamation before the new member/s would be sworn?

1 Like

Re: 17 Edo Lawmakers Claim To Have Impeached Assembly Speaker by dederocs(m): 10:02pm On Aug 06, 2020
Difference is clear, like 7up grin
Re: 17 Edo Lawmakers Claim To Have Impeached Assembly Speaker by ernieboy(m): 10:02pm On Aug 06, 2020
Enice:
you are talking rubbish. Show me where the constitution says you must sit for a number of days before inauguration.
o, I didn't realize I was discussing with a dunce, read this article and maybe some of the information will sink into your thick skull
https://punchng.com/edo-assembly-declares-12-seats-vacant-passes-2020-budget/
Re: 17 Edo Lawmakers Claim To Have Impeached Assembly Speaker by AdebayoL(m): 10:32pm On Aug 06, 2020
APC, know that they can't win the election.
The 14 members elect of house of assembly are not known to the law as members of Edo house of assembly, their seats is already declared vacancy.
Re: 17 Edo Lawmakers Claim To Have Impeached Assembly Speaker by Risentouch(m): 11:40pm On Aug 06, 2020
Where is the MACE?[color=#550000][/color]
Re: 17 Edo Lawmakers Claim To Have Impeached Assembly Speaker by bigfish3k: 12:57am On Aug 07, 2020
Enice:
according to which law? The constitution is clear and thé law is settled on this. You cannot deprive any constituency representation in government. The only way you can remove a legislator is by recall from his/her constituency
But obaseki won his court case against them
The court supported him
Re: 17 Edo Lawmakers Claim To Have Impeached Assembly Speaker by Nobody: 3:30am On Aug 07, 2020
kcnwaigbo:

Because they refused to be inaugurated

The inauguration was secretly done in the middle of the night inside the goverment house.
Re: 17 Edo Lawmakers Claim To Have Impeached Assembly Speaker by Enice(m): 6:48am On Aug 07, 2020
bigfish3k:

But obaseki won his court case against them
The court supported him
which court case na? Nobody, i repeat nobody can deprive a constituency of representation. It is only the constituency that has power for a recall.
Re: 17 Edo Lawmakers Claim To Have Impeached Assembly Speaker by bigfish3k: 7:16am On Aug 07, 2020
Enice:
which court case na? Nobody, i repeat nobody can deprive a constituency of representation. It is only the constituency that has power for a recall.
So the court was wrong to have supported the proclamation
Re: 17 Edo Lawmakers Claim To Have Impeached Assembly Speaker by PropertyBuying(f): 7:24am On Aug 07, 2020
kcnwaigbo:
Fourteen of them already have their seats declared vacant
Re: 17 Edo Lawmakers Claim To Have Impeached Assembly Speaker by vicshub(m): 11:16am On Aug 07, 2020
Enice:
you are talking trash. So if there is a by-election and a winner is declared, would the governor sign a new proclamation before the new member/s would be sworn?
was there any by election? .. You daft sha..
Re: 17 Edo Lawmakers Claim To Have Impeached Assembly Speaker by Enice(m): 6:01pm On Aug 07, 2020
vicshub:
was there any by election? .. You daft sha..
you lack comprehension. When by-elections are held, what happens to the elected legislator
Re: 17 Edo Lawmakers Claim To Have Impeached Assembly Speaker by Enice(m): 6:10pm On Aug 07, 2020
ernieboy:
o, I didn't realize I was discussing with a dunce, read this article and maybe some of the information will sink into your thick skull
https://punchng.com/edo-assembly-declares-12-seats-vacant-passes-2020-budget/
you must be a mumu for quoting a biased reportage like punch. OUK was jail for more than 6 months. That is more than 180 days. Therefore, it means he spent less than 180 days in the chamber. Was any of your rubbish law quoted to stop him from retaining the chief whip position? Nama.
Re: 17 Edo Lawmakers Claim To Have Impeached Assembly Speaker by ernieboy(m): 10:04am On Aug 08, 2020
Enice:
you must be a mumu for quoting a biased reportage like punch. OUK was jail for more than 6 months. That is more than 180 days. Therefore, it means he spent less than 180 days in the chamber. Was any of your rubbish law quoted to stop him from retaining the chief whip position? Nama.
I guess the pending court case they also quoted is biased?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Does A Country Needs To Borrow When She Can Easily Print More? / You Can Withdraw Money, Pay Bills With New National E-id Card - NIMC / Buhari Returns To Abuja With “Special Assignment’’ From World Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.