Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,444 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

What To Do When You Come To The Mosques And Found The Last Row Full? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What To Do When You Come To The Mosques And Found The Last Row Full? (10759 Views)

Friday Prayers Hold In Bauchi Mosques Despite COVID-19 Spread / Paterson, US Grants Mosques Approval To Broadcast Adhan Over Loudspeakers / One Of World’s Oldest Mosques Found In Israel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Do When You Come To The Mosques And Found The Last Row Full? by Lukgaf(m): 8:32pm On Aug 06, 2020
Praise be to Allah.

The following questions were put to the Standing Committee for Academic Research and Issuing Fatwas (al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah li’l-Buhooth al-‘Ilmiyyah wa’l-Iftaa):

A person comes to the prayer and finds the rows full, and the last person in the row is a boy. Can he pull him back to pray beside him, or what?

If he comes and finds that the people are doing rukoo’, is it correct for him to pull someone back when he is in rukoo’, or what?

If the rows are full, and he cannot find anyone to pray with him except for young boys, some of whom have reached the age of discernment and some have not, is it OK for him to pray with them in that row?

The committee replied:

If he finds the row is full, he should wait until someone else comes to stand beside him, and should not pull anyone out of the row. If he can join the row or pray on the imaam’s right, he should do so. As for standing in the row with the boys, if they are of the age of discernment, then it is OK to join their row, because of the reports in al-Saheehayn and elsewhere from Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him) who said:

“The orphan and I formed a row behind him, and the old lady stood behind us” – referring to their praying behind the Messenger of Allaah SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), when he visited him in his house one morning. If the boys are not yet of the age of discernment, then then praying with them behind the last row is like praying standing alone, and it is not correct to pray standing alone behind a row, because the Prophet SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There is no prayer for the one who stands alone behind the row.”

And Allaah is the source of strength. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad and his family and companions, and grant them peace.

Al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah li’l-Buhooth al-‘Ilmiyyah wa’l-Iftaa, Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 8/706

If it is feared that he will miss the prayer and there is no place in the row, and no one else comes along to pray behind the imaam, then his prayer standing alone is valid, because Allâh says (interpretation of the meaning):
“So keep your duty to Allaah and fear Him as much as you can” [al-Taghaabun 64:16]. This was the fatwa of Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah, may Allaah have mercy on him.
And Allaah knows best.

https://islamqa.info/en/answers/5362/when-one-comes-to-the-mosque-and-finds-the-last-row-full

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do When You Come To The Mosques And Found The Last Row Full? by mayklef(m): 9:40am On Aug 07, 2020
lets preach and practice true love and peace.....d world will be a better place if we love each other the same way we claim 2 love God...Jum'a Kareem

22 Likes

Re: What To Do When You Come To The Mosques And Found The Last Row Full? by Enitxt(m): 9:46am On Aug 07, 2020
wink
Re: What To Do When You Come To The Mosques And Found The Last Row Full? by Aleboss(m): 9:47am On Aug 07, 2020
Allahu Akbar. May Allah continue to guide and protect us

9 Likes

Re: What To Do When You Come To The Mosques And Found The Last Row Full? by Mightymanna(m): 9:47am On Aug 07, 2020
Masha Allah

8 Likes

Re: What To Do When You Come To The Mosques And Found The Last Row Full? by snoopanddre(m): 9:50am On Aug 07, 2020
I like this topic

6 Likes

Re: What To Do When You Come To The Mosques And Found The Last Row Full? by valentinenkem: 9:51am On Aug 07, 2020
U pray and leave

2 Likes

Re: What To Do When You Come To The Mosques And Found The Last Row Full? by FIRDAUS3(m): 10:22am On Aug 07, 2020
AlLoohumah Baariq'Alaayh
Nice one.......

1 Like

Re: What To Do When You Come To The Mosques And Found The Last Row Full? by Tonimax: 10:39am On Aug 07, 2020
Allah akbar wink
Re: What To Do When You Come To The Mosques And Found The Last Row Full? by Hussy2: 10:42am On Aug 07, 2020
Jazakallahu khairan

1 Like

Re: What To Do When You Come To The Mosques And Found The Last Row Full? by Chris2863(m): 10:43am On Aug 07, 2020
Forexgene:
FOREX!!
You want to Learn Forex from scratch?
Learn Forex from scratch, Reach amateur level in one week.
Just Follow me as i open your way to financial freedom.
NOTE : beginners only.
WhatsApp Me now and let's get started
Is it free?
Re: What To Do When You Come To The Mosques And Found The Last Row Full? by aitanofi(m): 10:49am On Aug 07, 2020
Chris2863:

Is it free?
√if you ask me, na who I go ask, the matter wey you see sooo e heavy for mouth, no be me go talk am √
Re: What To Do When You Come To The Mosques And Found The Last Row Full? by carbony4red(m): 11:11am On Aug 07, 2020
Salam alaeykum, please i have a disturbing question

In a situation where a man entered d mosque to join Mogrib prayer and met them on d last rakah( where suratul fatiha is recited alone silently) and sat down for salam, when he is standing up to complete the remaining 2rakahs,how will it be observed.
Will he observe d other 2rakahs with fatiha and another surah being recited out or 1 of the rakahs will be recited out while another be silent?
Please I need more light to be shed on this.
Jazaka lahu khairan.

3 Likes

Re: What To Do When You Come To The Mosques And Found The Last Row Full? by Godson213: 11:29am On Aug 07, 2020
If I find the last roll full, I will throw bomb inside abi wertin come remain. Shey muslims no like bomb again ni?

7 Likes

Re: What To Do When You Come To The Mosques And Found The Last Row Full? by money121(m): 11:35am On Aug 07, 2020
Aliamudulilahi
Re: What To Do When You Come To The Mosques And Found The Last Row Full? by ThatFairGuy: 12:10pm On Aug 07, 2020
Masha'Allah. Jazzakumullahu khayran OP for this reminder.

1 Like

Re: What To Do When You Come To The Mosques And Found The Last Row Full? by AbooTasleemah1(m): 2:09pm On Aug 07, 2020
carbony4red:
Salam alaeykum, please i have a disturbing question

In a situation where a man entered d mosque to join Mogrib prayer and met them on d last rakah( where suratul fatiha is recited alone silently) and sat down for salam, when he is standing up to complete the remaining 2rakahs,how will it be observed.
Will he observe d other 2rakahs with fatiha and another surah being recited out or 1 of the rakahs will be recited out while another be silent?
Please I need more light to be shed on this.
Jazaka lahu khairan.

Wa 'alaykumus Salam wa RahmatuLlaah. In this kind of situation, you're completing your prayer by making up what you missed. The last rak'ah that you met is your own first rak'ah, so in the next rak'ah you're to recite suratu fatiha loudly and follow it with another surah. Then the last rak'ah will be your third in which suratu fatiha should be recited silently.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do When You Come To The Mosques And Found The Last Row Full? by realadesco(m): 6:02pm On Aug 07, 2020
AbooTasleemah1:

Wa 'alaykumus Salam wa RahmatuLlaah. In this kind of situation, you're completing your prayer by making up what you missed. The last rak'ah that you met is your own first rak'ah, so in the next rak'ah you're to recite suratu fatiha loudly and follow it with another surah. Then the last rak'ah will be your third in which suratu fatiha should be recited silently.
jazakumllahu khyran
Re: What To Do When You Come To The Mosques And Found The Last Row Full? by fati2001(m): 6:37pm On Aug 07, 2020
cry
Re: What To Do When You Come To The Mosques And Found The Last Row Full? by carbony4red(m): 7:12pm On Aug 07, 2020
AbooTasleemah1:

Thanks brother
Jazaka lahu khairan

But what about a situation where I met the last 2rakats,will I observe the one i missed silently or reciting the surahs loudly?
Re: What To Do When You Come To The Mosques And Found The Last Row Full? by mjabdulk: 8:52pm On Aug 07, 2020
AbooTasleemah1:

in addition, you need to sit for the tahiyyah after the first rakaah you are paying back, then stand for the second one which you are to recite only surah fatiha silently.

Wallaahu a'alaam.

3 Likes

Re: What To Do When You Come To The Mosques And Found The Last Row Full? by mjabdulk: 8:57pm On Aug 07, 2020
[quote author=carbony4red post=92564760]

Thanks brother
Jazaka lahu khairan

But what about a situation where I met the last 2rakats,will I observe the one i missed silently or reciting the surahs loudly? [/quote}

the only one rakaah you are to pay back serves as your third/last rakaah to you and you are to recite surah fatiha silently.

Wallaahu a'alaam.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do When You Come To The Mosques And Found The Last Row Full? by Nobody: 4:54am On Aug 08, 2020
Jazakallahu Khayran

(1) (Reply)

Secrets Of Quran 18,Surah Al-Kahf (The Cave) / Ruling On Racism And Tribalism / Prophet Muhammad (allah's Peace & Blessings Be Upon Him) Is Light

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.