Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,863 members, 7,813,946 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:23 PM

One Of World’s Oldest Mosques Found In Israel - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / One Of World’s Oldest Mosques Found In Israel (48177 Views)

1,200-Year-Old Mosque Uncovered In Palestinian Village In Israel (Photo) / Friday Prayers Hold In Bauchi Mosques Despite COVID-19 Spread / Paterson, US Grants Mosques Approval To Broadcast Adhan Over Loudspeakers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Of World’s Oldest Mosques Found In Israel by Kabir2Mohammad(m): 8:37am On Jul 19, 2019
Archaeologists in Israel have discovered the remains of one of the world’s oldest rural mosques, built around the time Islam arrived in the holy land, they said on Thursday. The Israel Antiquities Authority estimates that the mosque, uncovered ahead of new construction in the Bedouin town of Rahat in the Negev desert, dates back to the 7th to 8th centuries.

There are large mosques known to be from that period in Jerusalem and in Mecca but it is rare to find a house of prayer so ancient whose congregation is likely to have been local farmers, the antiquities authority said.

Excavated at the site were the remains of an open-air mosque – a rectangular building, about the size of a single-car garage, with a prayer niche facing south towards Mecca.

“This is one of the earliest mosques known from the beginning of the arrival of Islam in Israel, after the Arab conquest of 636 C.E.,” said Gideon Avni of the antiquities authority. “The discovery of the village and the mosque in its vicinity are a significant contribution to the study of the history of the country during this turbulent period.” (Reuters)

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/one-of-worlds-oldest-mosques-found-in-israel.html

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: One Of World’s Oldest Mosques Found In Israel by akeemakinremi(m): 9:07am On Jul 19, 2019
Allahu akbar

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: One Of World’s Oldest Mosques Found In Israel by Glorylynn: 9:52am On Jul 19, 2019
I thought I read mosquito

185 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Of World’s Oldest Mosques Found In Israel by fatymore(f): 9:53am On Jul 19, 2019
Allahu Akbar.

May Allah make us a believing Muslim till death.

Do you need Duvet/Bedsheets?

I can get them deliver to your doorstep.

Jumah Mubarak

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: One Of World’s Oldest Mosques Found In Israel by pmc01(m): 9:53am On Jul 19, 2019
Ma Shaa Allah

14 Likes

Re: One Of World’s Oldest Mosques Found In Israel by Nobody: 9:55am On Jul 19, 2019
a mosque that Isreal will dig up with excavators?

23 Likes

Re: One Of World’s Oldest Mosques Found In Israel by Nobody: 9:55am On Jul 19, 2019
I'm still waiting for the day I will see this type of news about Saudi Arabia

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Of World’s Oldest Mosques Found In Israel by alhassan200290: 9:58am On Jul 19, 2019
Allah Akbar Alhamudulillahi,

7 Likes

Re: One Of World’s Oldest Mosques Found In Israel by DIKEnaWAR: 9:59am On Jul 19, 2019
Muslims and holding on to a past that does not improve the well being of mankind . undecided undecided

115 Likes 4 Shares

Re: One Of World’s Oldest Mosques Found In Israel by mrvitalis(m): 9:59am On Jul 19, 2019
Every christian country should criminalize islam the way saudi does to other religion

My opinion

154 Likes 7 Shares

Re: One Of World’s Oldest Mosques Found In Israel by Levant: 10:02am On Jul 19, 2019
Wrong title.

It is Palestine...not "Israel".

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Of World’s Oldest Mosques Found In Israel by ALISMILE(m): 10:03am On Jul 19, 2019
What other prove do they want again?

2 Likes

Re: One Of World’s Oldest Mosques Found In Israel by Pumpido75(m): 10:04am On Jul 19, 2019
Alhamdulilai, despite the current challenges and camping of calumny, Islam can't go into extinction. I pray Allah keeps guiding us all aright. Barka-jumah.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Of World’s Oldest Mosques Found In Israel by crackhouse(m): 10:05am On Jul 19, 2019
Why is it that when u want to comment on a Muslim thread nairaland will ask you whether you are a Muslim but they won't ask you that if it's a Christian thread. Why?

124 Likes 7 Shares

Re: One Of World’s Oldest Mosques Found In Israel by pinkPUSSY(f): 10:05am On Jul 19, 2019
Rubbish!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Of World’s Oldest Mosques Found In Israel by Alberttahir: 10:06am On Jul 19, 2019
Allahu Akbar

8 Likes

Re: One Of World’s Oldest Mosques Found In Israel by crackhouse(m): 10:07am On Jul 19, 2019
If it was in Saudi they discovered an old church they must have destroyed it by now. Who born u to go there and pray.

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: One Of World’s Oldest Mosques Found In Israel by moren3310(m): 10:08am On Jul 19, 2019
Allahu akbar

4 Likes

Re: One Of World’s Oldest Mosques Found In Israel by Hades2016(m): 10:08am On Jul 19, 2019
Nice one

2 Likes

Re: One Of World’s Oldest Mosques Found In Israel by BabyApple(m): 10:09am On Jul 19, 2019
Everyone should know these.. Islam is the oldest religion on earth �..

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Of World’s Oldest Mosques Found In Israel by Jabioro: 10:09am On Jul 19, 2019
That was the beginning of spreading the dangerous name that had killed more than any plague or epidemic disease on Earth..

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Of World’s Oldest Mosques Found In Israel by Firebomber: 10:10am On Jul 19, 2019
You won't find those old churches and synagogues that was in mecca during the time of Muhammad in Saudi again...

This make me wonder who is now practising genocide here.....

Well Great work Israel..

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Of World’s Oldest Mosques Found In Israel by BigBrother9ja: 10:11am On Jul 19, 2019
ladiesreject:
ok

One thing I have noticed in most Nigerian Christians is that,
they are very ignorant and argues senselessly...

Most of them don't know the difference between a JEW and a CHRISTAIN.
That's why you see most of them defend Israel at that slightest opportunity while the VERY minority Christians in Isreal THAT ARE NOT EVEN UP TO 5% cry of marginalisation and oppressions EVERYDAY.
MUSLIMS in Isreal are even majority (MORE THAN 15%)
One fact is that, JEW don't give a shlt about christains. They've been living like enemies since the days of JESUS CHRIST.
They dont believe in him.
THEY still believe till today that HE IS A LIAR AND A HYPOCRITE.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: One Of World’s Oldest Mosques Found In Israel by Firebomber: 10:11am On Jul 19, 2019
BabyApple:
Everyone should know these.. Islam is the oldest religion on earth �..

Well.. I think it IFA religion that's the oldest.

2 Likes

Re: One Of World’s Oldest Mosques Found In Israel by Debaiz: 10:13am On Jul 19, 2019
ladiesreject:

Saudi Arabia has never known any other religion apart from idol worshiping and later Islam.

mrvitalis:
Every christian country should criminalize islam the way saudi does to other religion

My opinion

You’re simply not getting it.

Even if it’s only one person remaining on earth practicing Islam, Islam will always prevail.

You’re not the first person to say this and you won’t be the last. The west wanted to end Islam by invading the east but look at them now. Islam is the fastest growing religion in the west and the whole world. 80% of western Christians are just Christians by mouth and not by practice and they’re gradually turning to the one true religion.

You simply can’t fight God

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: One Of World’s Oldest Mosques Found In Israel by marvin906(m): 10:15am On Jul 19, 2019
fatymore:
Allahu Akbar.

May Allah make us a believing Muslim till death.

Do you need Duvet/Bedsheets?

I can get them deliver to your doorstep.

Jumah Mubarak

what a pity

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

When Is Sallah Day In Nigeria? / Why Muslims Hasten To Bury The Dead? / Bandits Kill Imam In Bangi Niger State For Refusing To Break His Fast With Water

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.