Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,053 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

Ruling On Racism And Tribalism - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ruling On Racism And Tribalism (10754 Views)

Islam and Racism / Ruling On A Woman Putting Her Picture On Social Media / Islamic Ruling On Blowing Oneself Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ruling On Racism And Tribalism by Lukgaf(m): 9:00pm On Feb 25, 2021
"Racism and Tribalism are against the teachings of the Prophet peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him. The Prophet peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him would rebuke his companions if they ever denigrated people because of their race, lineage, or status. He said: Behold! Verily, you have no virtue over one with white skin or black skin, except by favor of righteousness. Musnad Aḥmad 20885."

What is tribalism?

Tribalism means loyalty to one’s tribe or family over the principles of justice. This is haram in Islam. Jubair ibn Mut’im reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said: He is not one of us who calls to tribalism. He is not one of us who fights for the sake of tribalism. He is not one of us who dies following the way of tribalism. Sunan Abi Dawood 5102

African Muslims felt the same sincerity that Arab, American, European felt and vice versa. So, we were truly all the same. Aljannah is not meant for Arabs only likewise bounties of this world is not meant for Americans only; the righteous will enter Aljannah irrespective of his/her lineage, language etc

It is our belief in one Allaah that remove " I'm white, he is black" from minds, behavior, and attitude. Oneness of Allaah, the Oneness of Man, and cease to measure and hinder and harm others in terms of differences in color in accordance with teaching of Islam determine the level of faith that breads tolerance.

When Scholars are silent about Racism and Tribalism…

The nuisance of racism and tribalism exists and persisted, despite the Prophet’s (peace and blessings be upon him) clear guidance but the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) disavowed it whenever a companion call to it. There are scholars that still have the craving of racism and tribalism, hence, misled people against innocents. It was not in the tradition of Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) to keep mum about racism and tribalism. He sternly criticized his companion Abu Dharr for disrespecting Bilal because he was of African descent and had dark skin color.

Abu Umamah reported: Abu Dharr reproached Bilaal about his mother, saying, “O son of a black woman!” Bilaal went to the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, and he told him what he said. The Prophet became angry and then Abu Dharr came, although he was unaware of what Bilal told him. The Prophet turned away from him and Abu Dharr asked, “O Messenger of Allah, have you turned away because of something you have been told?” The Prophet said: Have you reproached Bilaal about his mother? By the one who revealed the Book to Muhammad, none is more virtuous over another except by righteous deeds. Shu’ab al-Imaan 4760. There are denigrate words or adjectives that a tribe used to qualify another, and to them, they know it mockery whilst unknown to the victim. Verily, actions are (judged) according to their intentions, it is against Prophetic teachings to mock other irrespective of whether they understand or not.

Islam advises us to treat neighbours kindly, even if they are not Muslim. Al-Qurtubi (may Allah have mercy on him) said: I say: based on that, kind treatment of neighbours is enjoined and is recommended, whether they are Muslim or not. And this is the right thing to do. Kind treatment may be in the sense of helping or it may be in the sense of being kind, refraining from annoyance and standing by them. Al-Bukhaari narrated from ‘Aa’ishah that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “Jibreel kept urging me to treat neighbours kindly until I thought that he would make them heirs.” And it was narrated from Abu Shurayh that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “By Allah, he does not believe; by Allah, he does not believe; by Allah, he does not believe.” It was said: O Messenger of Allah, who is that? He said: “The one whose neighbour is not safe from his annoyance.” This is general in meaning and applies to all neighbours, and the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) affirmed that the neighbour should not be annoyed by swearing three times and stating that the one who annoys his neighbour is not a believer in the complete sense. So the believer should avoid annoying his neighbour and refrain from doing what Allah and His Messenger have forbidden; he should strive to do that which pleases Him and encourage others to do likewise.

Ustadh Ibraheem Albanny

11 Likes

Re: Ruling On Racism And Tribalism by XXXXTENTACION: 9:14pm On Feb 25, 2021
Today's rulings make sense die undecided

e no be like other days.
cool

3 Likes

Re: Ruling On Racism And Tribalism by XXXXTENTACION: 9:14pm On Feb 25, 2021
Keep this up.

2 Likes

Re: Ruling On Racism And Tribalism by theMagnet: 9:59am On Feb 26, 2021
na everything una dey rule
Is there a ruling for using Nairaland?

13 Likes

Re: Ruling On Racism And Tribalism by NaijaOlosho(f): 9:30am On Mar 12, 2021
What are Islamic stands and rolling on terrorism

17 Likes

Re: Ruling On Racism And Tribalism by blazepascal(m): 9:30am On Mar 12, 2021
issorite
Re: Ruling On Racism And Tribalism by Queenlovely(f): 9:34am On Mar 12, 2021
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruling On Racism And Tribalism by Mccullum: 9:36am On Mar 12, 2021
Islam against racism, historically Arabs tried it against Bilal but Allah showed them that He's not for them alone but for all races of the world.

3 Likes

Re: Ruling On Racism And Tribalism by Techreliance(m): 9:51am On Mar 12, 2021
Alhamdulillah for the beauty of Islam
JazaakAllau kair Akhi.

5 Likes

Re: Ruling On Racism And Tribalism by Gweedorian(m): 9:53am On Mar 12, 2021
Black skin and Creation:

"Abu Darda reported that the HOLY PROPHET SAID: Allah created Adam when he created him (sic). Then He stroke (sic) his right shoulder and took out a white race as if they were seeds, and He stroke (sic) HIS LEFT SHOULDER and took out a BLACK RACE as if they were coals. Then He said to those who were in his right side: Towards paradise and I don't care. He said to those who were ON HIS LEFT SHOULDER: Towards Hell and I don't care. - Ahmad" (Mishkat ul-Masabih, translated by Karim, v. iii, p. 117)

FROM IBN ISHAQ'S "SIRAT RASULALLAH", translated as, "THE LIFE OF MUHAMMAD" by A. Guillaume, page 243.

"I have heard that it was of him that the apostle said, "Whoever wants to see Satan let him take a look at Nabtal b. al-Harith!" He was a study black man with long flowing hair, inflamed eyes, and dark ruddy cheeks. He used to come and talk to the apostle and listen to him and then carry what he had said to the hypocrites. It was he who said: "Muhammad is all ears: if anyone tells him anything he believes it." God sent down concerning him: "And of them are those who annoy the prophet and say he is all ears, Say: God ears for you. He believes in God and trusts the believers and is a mercy for those of you who believe; and those who annoy the apostle of God for them there is a painful punishment." (Sura 9:61)"

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ruling On Racism And Tribalism by Gweedorian(m): 9:53am On Mar 12, 2021
Black skin and Judgment Day:

On the Day when (some) faces will be whitened and (some) faces will be blackened; and as for those whose faces have been blackened, it will be said unto them: Disbelieved ye after your (profession of) belief? Then taste the punishment for that ye disbelieved. (Âl 'Imran 3:106)
And on the Day of Resurrection thou (Muhammad) seest those who lied concerning Allah with their faces blackened. Is not the home of the scorners in hell? (Az-Zumar 39:60)

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ruling On Racism And Tribalism by BSdetector: 9:56am On Mar 12, 2021
Yeah....muslim northerners in government need to hear of this Islamic ruling....seems it's not in their Quran.

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Racism And Tribalism by gaskiyamagana: 9:57am On Mar 12, 2021
Queenlovely:
I pray for the day we Muslims will stop isolating ourselves from other people of different faith.

for example, hausa live by a different set of rules in this country.

They have Sharia court instead of normal ones
they have different banks Islamic bank
they don't circumcise their dick
they don't watch Nollywood with us
they don't go to our school, they go to Muslim school
they don't share their women
they don't learn our language.
they don't wear our clothes
they only read in hausa and Arabic.

Ask any historians, that was why the Jews were the most persecuted people in history, they wanted to form a parallel society where ever the went.

Jews were isolating themselves in somebody's land. they won't learn your language, they spoke Yiddish, that is why they were the most persecuted people in history.
Irrelevant to the topic

2 Likes

Re: Ruling On Racism And Tribalism by SIONKPO1(m): 10:05am On Mar 12, 2021
*But why can't Yoruba man be the Sultan Why can't Yoruba,igala,ebira,ibo be the chief.imam of Abuja National Mosque

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruling On Racism And Tribalism by doffman: 10:07am On Mar 12, 2021
Lukgaf:
"Racism and Tribalism are against the teachings of the Prophet peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him. The Prophet peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him would rebuke his companions if they ever denigrated people because of their race, lineage, or status. He said: Behold! Verily, you have no virtue over one with white skin or black skin, except by favor of righteousness. Musnad Aḥmad 20885."

Ustadh Ibraheem Albanny

Islam my religion. It teaches me everything about my wellbeing. Thank you Allah for making me Muslim . If you created among those that do not know you as my creator what will I do !

This is truely blessing you have bestowed on me.

I really appreciate you and I will forever worship you and not worship what you created .

5 Likes

Re: Ruling On Racism And Tribalism by alasane: 10:08am On Mar 12, 2021
SIONKPO1:
*But why can't Yoruba man be the Sultan
Why can't Yoruba,igala,ebira,ibo be the chief.imam of Abuja National Mosque

why can't black man be POPE,why can't christians attend same churches, endless y y y y

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruling On Racism And Tribalism by alasane: 10:13am On Mar 12, 2021
Queenlovely:
I pray for the day we Muslims will stop isolating ourselves from other people of different faith.

Ask any historians, that was why the Jews were the most persecuted people in history, they wanted to form a parallel society where ever the went.

Jews were isolating themselves in somebody's land. they won't learn your language, they spoke Yiddish, that is why they were the most persecuted people in history.

I said munafiqoon just now a matter of time before your true color show up,Allah is great....you question everything about our DEEN.how abou yours ,alcoholic,homosexual,rapist,lesbian,ritaualist,baby factory and endless atrocities

2 Likes

Re: Ruling On Racism And Tribalism by SIONKPO1(m): 10:16am On Mar 12, 2021
alasane:

why can't black man be POPE,why can't christians attend same churches, endless y y y y
Hahaha,Black man will be pope
mind you the current Pope is from Argentina
*All Christians can attend all churches whose doctrines suites him
Oga there is a very big Discrimination in Islam
Are you aware that black muslims are not permitted to marry Arabians

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruling On Racism And Tribalism by toplinetrtrend: 10:17am On Mar 12, 2021
Ok. So, what's the rulling of Islam on abuse of human right, religion tolerance and freedom of expression?

Let me guess:

1. Imams are free to abuse the rights of their followers.

2. You have no right to express yourself freely in Islam and you have no right to change to another religion. If not, you will be murdered in cold blood.

3. There is no tolerance for any other religion. If you practice another religion, your fellow Muslims have the right to murder you in cold blood.

What a religion!

5 Likes

Re: Ruling On Racism And Tribalism by SIONKPO1(m): 10:20am On Mar 12, 2021
alasane:

I said munafiqoon just now a matter of time before your true color show up,Allah is great....you question everything about our DEEN.how abou yours ,alcoholic,homosexual,rapist,lesbian,ritaualist,baby factory and endless atrocities
Get your facts well
Homosexuality is high amongst northern muslims
*Drugs is normal
*Hemp and cigarettes smoking is seen as a way of life amongst muslims
*Almajirinci is northern muslims baby factory
I know lots of muslims that do go to Sabon gari in Kano to drink alcohol
*You and I know that good percentage of northern muslims does.money ritual(Combination of Koran and traditional method
***There are lots of hidden things some muslims does

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruling On Racism And Tribalism by SIONKPO1(m): 10:24am On Mar 12, 2021
doffman:

Islam my religion. It teaches me everything about my wellbeing. Thank you Allah for making me Muslim . If you created among those that do not know you as my creator what will I do !

This is truely blessing you have bestowed on me.

I really appreciate you and I will forever worship you and not worship what you created .
Please answer me is muslim Allah omnipresent?

1 Like

Re: Ruling On Racism And Tribalism by offset67(m): 10:31am On Mar 12, 2021
f uck you and your f ucking "Allah"

4 Likes

Re: Ruling On Racism And Tribalism by Quality20(m): 10:34am On Mar 12, 2021
Queenlovely:

why all these falsehood? Well every muslim male is circumcised .
Re: Ruling On Racism And Tribalism by alasane: 10:40am On Mar 12, 2021
SIONKPO1:

Hahaha,Black man will be pope
mind you the current Pope is from Argentina
*All Christians can attend all churches whose doctrines suites him
Oga there is a very big Discrimination in Islam
Are you aware that black muslims are not permitted to marry Arabians

you try well well ...black will be pope one day future tense..ARGENTINA hate black most in the whole of latin America... how many black can you point from their football team?..how many black marry nor muslim from the Arab with your shallow reasoning..Christianity originated from the MIddle East but the Roman hijack it and parcel the junk to you and embraced it without asking? Every pastor in Nigeria now is a ritualist and proud owner of private jets, fornicating with their subject wives either overt and covertly

2 Likes

Re: Ruling On Racism And Tribalism by toplinetrtrend: 10:45am On Mar 12, 2021
SIONKPO1:

Get your facts well
Homosexuality is high amongst northern muslims
*Drugs is normal
*Hemp and cigarettes smoking is seen as a way of life amongst muslims
*Almajirinci is northern muslims baby factory
I know lots of muslims that do go to Sabon gari in Kano to drink alcohol
*You and I know that good percentage of northern muslims does.money ritual(Combination of Koran and traditional method
***There are lots of hidden things some muslims does

Don't mind these people. They keep on shouting baby factory, whereas the almanjiri system is a good example of a baby factory.

Bobrisky is a Muslim and he is celebrated homosexual. There are so many Muslim girls that are into prostitution full time. So, Muslims are as dirty as any ungodly thing out there.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruling On Racism And Tribalism by toplinetrtrend: 10:47am On Mar 12, 2021
alasane:

There is also division among Muslims. It is a known fact, oga.

A good example is the Shiite and Sunni division

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ruling On Racism And Tribalism by SIONKPO1(m): 10:47am On Mar 12, 2021
alasane:

you try well well ...black will be pope one day future tense..ARGENTINA hate black most in the whole of latin America... how many black can you point from their football team?..how many black marry nor muslim from the Arab with your shallow reasoning..Christianity originated from the MIddle East but the Roman hijack it and parcel the junk to you and embraced it without asking? Every pastor in Nigeria now is a ritualist and proud owner of private jets, fornicating with their subject wives either overt and covertly
Ignorant you
Saudi Arabia maltreats it's fellow Sunni black Muslim indegenes
on the Argentina case,yeah they have few blacks
Lastly,On Pastors,in Christianity there is no compulsion,if any member doesn't feel satisfied being under the spiritual guardian of his Pastor,he should quit such church
oga,stop being jealous of pastors

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruling On Racism And Tribalism by SIONKPO1(m): 10:51am On Mar 12, 2021
toplinetrtrend:

Don't mind these people. They keep on shouting baby factory, whereas the almanjiri system is a good example of a baby factory.

Bobrisky is a Muslim and he is celebrated homosexual. There are so many Muslim girls that are into prostitution full time. So, Muslims are as dirty as any ungodly think out there.
I tell they can only deceive those that stays outside the north
Hausa,fulani,kanuri Muslim girls wey be say na them like doggy style pass, Virgina tightening spices and Pregnancy prevention pills
I fear north

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ruling On Racism And Tribalism by Nobody: 10:53am On Mar 12, 2021
SIONKPO1:
*But why can't Yoruba man be the Sultan
Why can't Yoruba,igala,ebira,ibo be the chief.imam of Abuja National Mosque

You don't compare human nepotistic lifestyle with the teaching of Islam.
I can tell you that the way people read bible and live a life totally opposite the biblical teaching is the same way some Muslims live against the teaching of the Qur'an but people have capitalized on the fewer people that poses the negative image.

Some of you saying why is Yoruba not allowed to become the sultan. It's clearly political and not religious. because same reason goes for why Igbos are not allowed to rule Nigeria.

Nobody who doesn't know hausas to be politically self centered

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

What To Do When You Come To The Mosques And Found The Last Row Full? / What Is The Concept Of Faith In Islam? / Interesting Jumu'ah Schedule for Muslim Stay-at-home Moms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.