Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,247 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

Trump Issues Orders Banning TikTok And Wechat From Operating In 45 - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Issues Orders Banning TikTok And Wechat From Operating In 45 (41719 Views)

President Putin Signs Law Banning Sex Changes In Russia / Biden : "We're Banning All Imports Of Russian Gas, Oil And Energy / Donald Trump Issues More Than 140 Pardons And Commutations - SEE LIST (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trump Issues Orders Banning TikTok And Wechat From Operating In 45 by SeriouslySense(m): 10:57am On Aug 07, 2020
Seems he wants to fasten the process then.
NettyNelly:
But I heard Microsoft is moving to acquire tiktok. Won't that be bad news for Bill Gates.
I offer professional branding for your Business. Check my portfolio on my signature
Re: Trump Issues Orders Banning TikTok And Wechat From Operating In 45 by Topmaike007(m): 10:57am On Aug 07, 2020
Ezinwa120:

You are actually watching back of your TV or too much of CNN or some other compromised news media, the truth is that Trump is winning sleepy Joe by a landslide in November. This is the reality
you comment base on sentiment and nothing more

Re: Trump Issues Orders Banning TikTok And Wechat From Operating In 45 by tamdun: 10:59am On Aug 07, 2020
helinues:

Smiles.. I would rather watch BBC and Aljazeera than watch CNN or FOX...

Probably what you read/heard some months ago but not yet updated about the latest.

The PUA benefits for August is currently on suspension due to both Democrats and Republicans couldn't reach a compromise... That means 40% of Americans are liable to eviction....

300k death toll is predicted before December if necessary measures are not taking to contain Covid.

How many Americans have lost their jobs?

USA economy is presently heading towards recession..

Trump that used to vote via mailing is now suggesting it could lead to fraud.

Don't even let me talk about Trump contradicting himself severally about the Corona issue

Get updated bro
He also want the election to be postponed
Re: Trump Issues Orders Banning TikTok And Wechat From Operating In 45 by DexterousOne(m): 11:00am On Aug 07, 2020
Stewart883:

You talk like a fool!! What about Google and Facebook that spy's on you? Nigeria s always Asslicking American Ass

What you just typed up there makes no sense

Re: Trump Issues Orders Banning TikTok And Wechat From Operating In 45 by Topmaike007(m): 11:03am On Aug 07, 2020
FLYFIRE:

Chinese are SPYWARE PRO.
US are Tronjan horse bad ass
Re: Trump Issues Orders Banning TikTok And Wechat From Operating In 45 by ospido: 11:03am On Aug 07, 2020
FrLukas:

Wait a minute!

China doesn't allow Facebook, WhatsApp, Google and Twitter to run in their country?

Are you sure about that?

I'm just hearing that for the first time.

True China don't allow them to operate.
The Chinese govt banned the app long long ago. You can google it.

Re: Trump Issues Orders Banning TikTok And Wechat From Operating In 45 by Topmaike007(m): 11:06am On Aug 07, 2020
martineverest:
very good....Korea,Pakistan, Australia, Indonesia,Japan etc are also about to ban the app...India banned it 2 months ago

it serves china right,they banned google, Facebook,Amazon,YouTube,Netflix,twitter from operating in their country,but the want to operate on other countries

with this sinophobia going round the world,china can't rule the world
why anything Chinese dey pain you? And moreover that ban by India is not about spying it's about Border and land conflict

Re: Trump Issues Orders Banning TikTok And Wechat From Operating In 45 by Originalsly: 11:13am On Aug 07, 2020
IgbalodeRaymond:

it's a different case
better managed by US than communist china
China can't be trusted
God bless Trump

So should Trump do the same to Dangote cement business you will say the same? ..... better managed by US than corrupt Nigeria?

Some people just can't see farther than their nose.

Re: Trump Issues Orders Banning TikTok And Wechat From Operating In 45 by blowjohn(m): 11:14am On Aug 07, 2020
TOPCRUISE:
Why should the US be the only country spying on people's activities. Every gadget they develop are meant to spy on people's activities and businesses and deny you of your privacy. Yet they frown if other people or organization from other countries develop something close to such.

Do u know u cannot use whatsaap or Facebook in china?
Re: Trump Issues Orders Banning TikTok And Wechat From Operating In 45 by Topmaike007(m): 11:16am On Aug 07, 2020
fruqy:
This move will be a loss for the chinese company but a gain for US companies. Now even if Microsoft is planning on buying the company, there will be renegotiations because now, tiktok won't have a choice.
Trump has been favouring US companies. Ask Huawei.
favouring what? grin I laugh in Swahili the same Google and some America patent company that are complaining of decrease in revenue if the ban on Huawei should continue
Re: Trump Issues Orders Banning TikTok And Wechat From Operating In 45 by Topmaike007(m): 11:16am On Aug 07, 2020
Originalsly:

So should Trump do the same to Dangote cement business you will say the same? ..... better managed by US than corrupt Nigeria?

Some people just can't see farther than their nose.
no mind am abeg

Re: Trump Issues Orders Banning TikTok And Wechat From Operating In 45 by blowjohn(m): 11:16am On Aug 07, 2020
swaggzflow:

I don't agree with your views on Nigerian politics, but these was apt and well said. Trump can't position himself as an outsider anymore, heck his had four years to prove himself, but he was unable to accomplish most, if not any of his campaign promises. Rather he expended his energy stoking fear and division amongst Americans. Wearily, elections are indeterminate, so I won't rule his victory off just yet. But trends suggest that he is currently losing in key battleground states which portends a lot of trouble for him.

How can u say trump has failed on his campaign promises?
Even if u hate the man, how can u say that pre Corona virus period wise, that trump failed on his campaign promises?

Re: Trump Issues Orders Banning TikTok And Wechat From Operating In 45 by Faithful007: 11:19am On Aug 07, 2020
Premiumwriter:
YouTube, twitch, twitter, Facebook, Google, amazon, Instagram, WhatsApp, Pinterest, Netflix, quora, One box, imgur, medium and over 100 popular news site are blocked in China.

The USA have been lenient enough with China.

Their news website is available on Facebook but USA news hardly get to China. So China can easily create propaganda against the USA and Americans will hear it and even believe it but news from USA hardly gets to Chinese, literally aside language barrier.

That's why it's easy for China to tell their citizens that the coronavirus which we all know originated in China was created by Americans.

Most people today are beginning to believe this lie even when the original news was traced to a very "untrustworthy" source.

China is a very dangerous country that needs all the sanctions the world can give it. Indians ban their apps quicker than any country but they don't make noise about it. Only American cry cry babies who are always thinking about rights without knowing the consequences
Exactly

Re: Trump Issues Orders Banning TikTok And Wechat From Operating In 45 by lexy2014: 11:19am On Aug 07, 2020
IgbalodeRaymond:
it's a different case
better managed by US than communist china
China can't be trusted
God bless Trump

It's not. It's d same case
Re: Trump Issues Orders Banning TikTok And Wechat From Operating In 45 by GamalNasser: 11:22am On Aug 07, 2020
helinues:

You are back..

Anyways to start with ,it's on record that I am a Trump supporters, so no bad Belle's in this.

All what I highlighted above, why can't you dispute it.

I might also be interested in Biden sudden transformation as that's your field now... grin

You know, I am ready and openly ready to learn.

Anybody that's a Trump supporter is my friend ..God bless U

Re: Trump Issues Orders Banning TikTok And Wechat From Operating In 45 by poiunt: 11:25am On Aug 07, 2020
NettyNelly:
But I heard Microsoft is moving to acquire tiktok. Won't that be bad news for Bill Gates.
I offer professional branding for your Business. Check my portfolio on my signature

US investors own 78% of tiktok
Re: Trump Issues Orders Banning TikTok And Wechat From Operating In 45 by Cousin9999: 11:32am On Aug 07, 2020
Good.
Re: Trump Issues Orders Banning TikTok And Wechat From Operating In 45 by Maliqcious: 11:32am On Aug 07, 2020
GamalNasser:

I doubt if IQ can improve again once a man crosses 30
.. How could you made yourself look like an intelligent slowpoke. You having an intellectual argument with someone that match his argument with evidence instead of you to reply him with facts. You went on to shit on yourself do you have to insult him?

Re: Trump Issues Orders Banning TikTok And Wechat From Operating In 45 by smogup: 11:33am On Aug 07, 2020
NaijaRoyalty:
Trump is not smiling on this Chinese people that buhari run to every time for loans
what does buhari know apart from looting and covering up his fellow looters in his government?
Re: Trump Issues Orders Banning TikTok And Wechat From Operating In 45 by GamalNasser: 11:39am On Aug 07, 2020
Maliqcious:
.. How could you made yourself look like an intelligent slowpoke. You having an intellectual argument with someone that match his argument with evidence instead of you to reply him with facts. You went on to shit on yourself do you have to insult him?

Cool down he is my guy ,both of us have a history here and he understands that I was trolling but we good now ..He is my guy trust me , one of the great guys we have here and we troll ourselves..
Re: Trump Issues Orders Banning TikTok And Wechat From Operating In 45 by Bar1941(m): 11:48am On Aug 07, 2020
Ezinwa120:

You are actually watching back of your TV or too much of CNN or some other compromised news media, the truth is that Trump is winning sleepy Joe by a landslide in November. This is the reality

Yeah, he's winning on Nairaland as usual in pre-elections conducted by you guys but in reality the opposite is usually the case.

Re: Trump Issues Orders Banning TikTok And Wechat From Operating In 45 by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 07, 2020
ospido:

True China don't allow them to operate.
The Chinese govt banned the app long long ago. You can google it.

Oh wow.
Re: Trump Issues Orders Banning TikTok And Wechat From Operating In 45 by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 07, 2020
Premiumwriter:
YouTube, twitch, twitter, Facebook, Google, amazon, Instagram, WhatsApp, Pinterest, Netflix, quora, One box, imgur, medium and over 100 popular news site are blocked in China.

The USA have been lenient enough with China.

Their news website is available on Facebook but USA news hardly get to China. So China can easily create propaganda against the USA and Americans will hear it and even believe it but news from USA hardly gets to Chinese, literally aside language barrier.

That's why it's easy for China to tell their citizens that the coronavirus which we all know originated in China was created by Americans.

Most people today are beginning to believe this lie even when the original news was traced to a very "untrustworthy" source.

China is a very dangerous country that needs all the sanctions the world can give it. Indians ban their apps quicker than any country but they don't make noise about it. Only American cry cry babies who are always thinking about rights without knowing the consequences

I wasn't aware. Thanks for the info. I know China isn't to be trusted anyway and if our leaders are smart they would have nothing to do with them.
Re: Trump Issues Orders Banning TikTok And Wechat From Operating In 45 by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 07, 2020
obynzo:

Yeah they don't ooooo

Interesting.
Re: Trump Issues Orders Banning TikTok And Wechat From Operating In 45 by princety24(m): 11:51am On Aug 07, 2020
Give your children and wards this transformational opportunity to develop relevant skills to thrive in the emerging “new normal”.
Invite children and get 10% bonus.
Register at:
www.innovationacademy.ng/summer-camp

Re: Trump Issues Orders Banning TikTok And Wechat From Operating In 45 by Lightman300(m): 11:52am On Aug 07, 2020
helinues:
Its all about election not for security concerns. Microsoft would have considered the security concerns before showing interest of buying TikTok

With the way things are going, Trump reelection is getting coma daily.

BTW, Joe Biden is looking more younger compared to a year a go, same transformation occurred to Madam Clinton Before the 2016 election .

Biden is also logically coherent with the latest events... What's the secret?

Logically what?
According to to recent report,in terms of coherence, he is deteriorating .
Re: Trump Issues Orders Banning TikTok And Wechat From Operating In 45 by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 07, 2020
wirinet:

It's true. China does not allow the original apps to run in their country. They have to go through Chinese servers first and must be Chinese versions.

Oh, I get it now. They still use it but an edited version.
Re: Trump Issues Orders Banning TikTok And Wechat From Operating In 45 by GuestLog: 11:56am On Aug 07, 2020
FLYFIRE:

Chinese are SPYWARE PRO.
Sometime in 2010 a Chinese man came to my cafe workplace to use the internet for video calls to his woman in China. The moment they plugged in their external hard drive to install their video chat software, my antivirus started raising alarm on ALL my systems on my LAN Network. I did everything I could to stop it but the trojan got into the network and affected all my systems including the server. Even after one week, I was still getting pop up warning of a Chinese trojan detected. I had no choice than to get all the systems offline and do a clean reinstallation formatting.

Fear who no fear Chinese people.

Re: Trump Issues Orders Banning TikTok And Wechat From Operating In 45 by 4gunners(m): 12:04pm On Aug 07, 2020
flyca:
Good!

You cannot use Facebook, Whatsapp, Google etc in China expect with a VPN which is still illegal.

Ban them! India already banned Wechat last month. What is good for the goose is also good for the gander. Nonsense!

Exactly!!! China should get a taste of their own food.

Re: Trump Issues Orders Banning TikTok And Wechat From Operating In 45 by fruqy(m): 12:10pm On Aug 07, 2020
Topmaike007:
favouring what? grin I laugh in Swahili the same Google and some America patent company that are complaining of decrease in revenue if the ban on Huawei should continue

The only reason Google is complaining is the fact that Huawei phones use the android operating system and the GMS that's provided by them. Other companies like Apple, Samsung and other brands are happy with the decision. They sell more and I'm sure they pay to the USs coffers too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD / Donald Trump: I Won The Presidential Election / Head Of Russia's Anti-corruption Agency Is Found With $122M In CASH In His House