Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,488 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Edo 2020: Buhari Endorses Ize-Iyamu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo 2020: Buhari Endorses Ize-Iyamu (17086 Views)

Obaseki Family Endorses Ize-iyamu For Governorship / Edo 2020: Buhari Summons Oshiomhole / Budget 2020: Buhari "I Have Cold Because I'm Working Hard" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo 2020: Buhari Endorses Ize-Iyamu by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 07, 2020
President Muhammadu Buhari has endorsed the candidature of Osagie Ize-Iyamu for the September 19 governorship election in Edo state.

Buhari met with Ize-Iyamu, candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), on Friday.

The governorship candidate was led to the meeting by Mai Mala Buni, governor of Yobe, who is also the chairman of APC caretaker committee.

The president presented the party’s flag to the APC candidate in the presence of Abdullahi Ganduje, governor of Kano state, and Atiku Bagudu, governor of Kebbi, who accompanied Ize-Iyamu to the villa.

Speaking with journalists, Ize-Iyamu dismissed the rumour that 12 lawmakers of the Edo assembly, who took their oath of office and elected a factional speaker on Thursday, did so at his residence.

“Let me debunk the statement that 17 members of the state house of assembly sat in my sitting room, it is not true,” he said.

On his part, Ganduje described Godwin Obaseki, governor of Edo and candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, as a liability to the PDP, saying his poor record will give the APC a landslide victory in the election.

“I can assure you that Governor Obaseki is a liability to the PDP. I can assure you that we are contesting against a governor who has failed most woefully,” Ganduje said.

Bagudu, who is the chairman of the Progressive Governors Forum, said all APC governors are behind Ize-Iyamu, adding that they have been working to ensure his success just like they did for Obaseki in 2016.
https://www.thecable.ng/edo-guber-buhari-endorses-ize-iyamu/amp

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: Buhari Endorses Ize-Iyamu by SmartProf(m): 2:34pm On Aug 07, 2020
Abuja is permitted to endorse, but Edo will definitely decide...I've just spotted Gandollar (the S.I unit of fraud), standing directly beside Ize Iyamu...Obaseki is ready for you guys.

103 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Edo 2020: Buhari Endorses Ize-Iyamu by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 07, 2020
He should have endorsed Obaseki instead undecided

Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

He is left with no choice than to endorse
But it doesn't mean he will interfere
Buhari knows deep down in his heart that ize Iyamu is wasting his time

Am in Edo state. Benin city to be precise

It is gonna be a an easy one for obaseki to coast to victory..

Elenu grin

Dra was here

15 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Buhari Endorses Ize-Iyamu by Flexherbal(m): 2:35pm On Aug 07, 2020
Ok

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Buhari Endorses Ize-Iyamu by joelbooks: 2:36pm On Aug 07, 2020
Nice one. Check the video of endorsement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoUbKi_FQyc

3 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Buhari Endorses Ize-Iyamu by ojun50(m): 2:40pm On Aug 07, 2020
He is meant to do so, even if na arm robber or acid pourer...... He go sign am has far say he go play by the rules

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: Buhari Endorses Ize-Iyamu by ukukaegbu(m): 2:47pm On Aug 07, 2020
myboy2111:

On his part, Ganduje described Godwin Obaseki, governor of Edo and candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, as a liability to the PDP, saying his poor record will give the APC a landslide victory in the election.

“I can assure you that Governor Obaseki is a liability to the PDP. I can assure you that we are contesting against a governor who has failed most woefully,” Ganduje said.

Poor record while he was mostly in APC oo grin grin grin
Politicians sef

9 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Buhari Endorses Ize-Iyamu by Slawormir: 3:11pm On Aug 07, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr

He is left with no choice than to endorse
But it doesn't mean he will interfere
Buhari knows deep down in his heart that ize Iyamu is wasting his time

Am in Edo state. Benin city to be precise

It is gonna be a an easy one for obaseki to coast to victory..

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo 2020: Buhari Endorses Ize-Iyamu by truthfulparrot(m): 3:11pm On Aug 07, 2020
And on the 7th day of the 8th Month in the year 2020, Mai the son of Bun accompanied by Gandu the son of Abdulla(Who was famous for stuffing the treasure of the king into his babaringa) led Ise-Iyam the son of Osag to the king's court.

The king of Nigeri,Buha the son of Muha, raised up the hands of Ise-Iyam who ate the yams of the land of Edo as the monarch in waiting for Edo.

The clowns and the court jesters cheered. The wailers wailed.

But a little poor girl cried out: -'' The king is Naked''

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: Buhari Endorses Ize-Iyamu by Factfinder1(m): 3:11pm On Aug 07, 2020
If Buhari can endorse saint ganduje the pastor iyamu is worthy too

11 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Buhari Endorses Ize-Iyamu by tim1256(m): 3:11pm On Aug 07, 2020
Failure endorsed you

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: Buhari Endorses Ize-Iyamu by babamadiba(m): 3:12pm On Aug 07, 2020
Osho baba! Moving in silence and making things happen. Not like the empty barrel polluting the atmosphere with noise.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: Buhari Endorses Ize-Iyamu by Nobody: 3:12pm On Aug 07, 2020
Please I need business partners for a profitable business that am into, if you wished to partner with me let's talk.
Re: Edo 2020: Buhari Endorses Ize-Iyamu by babamadiba(m): 3:12pm On Aug 07, 2020
SmartProf:
Abuja is permitted to endorse, but Edo will definitely decide...I've just spotted Gandollar (the S.I unit of fraud), standing directly beside Ize Iyamu...Obaseki is ready for you guys.
story for the gods

5 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Buhari Endorses Ize-Iyamu by BafanaBafana: 3:13pm On Aug 07, 2020
Ecclesiastes 10

v12...but fools are consumed by their own lips.
13At the beginning their words are folly;
at the end they are wicked madness
15The toil of fools wearies them;
they do not know the way to town.

Obaseki is not a wise man in the game. He does not know his way around politics.
He is being driven by the same people that hailed Saraki "Jack Bauer" and he believed them to the extent of picking presidential form.
The man is a goner sorry to say

5 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Buhari Endorses Ize-Iyamu by GoodofNaija: 3:15pm On Aug 07, 2020
SmartProf:

Ganduje - S.I unit of fraud cheesy

You too sabi grin

11 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Buhari Endorses Ize-Iyamu by Sensitivity: 3:15pm On Aug 07, 2020
Werey meji grin

Re: Edo 2020: Buhari Endorses Ize-Iyamu by lekki1444: 3:15pm On Aug 07, 2020
shocked
Re: Edo 2020: Buhari Endorses Ize-Iyamu by Sonnobax15(m): 3:15pm On Aug 07, 2020
grin D kind smack down wey dem go give obaseki en,undertaker own go learn..

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Buhari Endorses Ize-Iyamu by Lagosfinder(m): 3:15pm On Aug 07, 2020
APC is seriously out to win this election

Just pray they allow the people to choose their leader

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edo 2020: Buhari Endorses Ize-Iyamu by useurkidney3121: 3:16pm On Aug 07, 2020

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Buhari Endorses Ize-Iyamu by Nobody: 3:16pm On Aug 07, 2020
cool
Re: Edo 2020: Buhari Endorses Ize-Iyamu by GboyegaD(m): 3:17pm On Aug 07, 2020
Isn't this expected since he's the candidate of his party?

2 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Buhari Endorses Ize-Iyamu by Clothingonline9(m): 3:17pm On Aug 07, 2020
Edo will decide I see a new gov emerging
Buy men clothing Turkey and Italy brands affordable payment on delivery Lagos and Nationwide dispatch click profile for contact

1 Like

Re: Edo 2020: Buhari Endorses Ize-Iyamu by garetz: 3:17pm On Aug 07, 2020
Who was he going to endorse before? The PDP candidate?

2 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Buhari Endorses Ize-Iyamu by hyduffy: 3:17pm On Aug 07, 2020
Q
Re: Edo 2020: Buhari Endorses Ize-Iyamu by Villagemeat: 3:18pm On Aug 07, 2020
Does Buhari know most of the things he does. You people just push a fail candidate for the president. I just wish he can remember that the person he presented APC flag to is the same person APC call a thief is 2016.

APC will still fail,na people dey vote,no be president

7 Likes

Re: Edo 2020: Buhari Endorses Ize-Iyamu by BlowYourMind: 3:18pm On Aug 07, 2020
Pretty amazing

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kwankwaso Cannot Divide Votes In The North - Deji Adeyanju / Davido Advises Nigerians On What To Do On Election Day / Bayelsa Election: David Lyon Cast His Vote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.