Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:23 AM

Attempted Coup D’état: I Didn’t Endorse Anybody - Edo CP, Kokumo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Attempted Coup D’état: I Didn’t Endorse Anybody - Edo CP, Kokumo (720 Views)

BREAKING: Buhari Is Preparing Nigeria For A Military Coup D’état – Sowore / Attempted Coup D’état: I Didn’t Endorse Anybody - Edo CP, Kokumo* / Igbos Didn’t Endorse Atiku, We Are Still Behind Buhari – Uche Nwosu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Attempted Coup D’état: I Didn’t Endorse Anybody - Edo CP, Kokumo by Aisosa25: 6:36pm On Aug 07, 2020
Attempted coup d’état: I didn’t endorse anybody - Edo CP, Kokumo

*…Obaseki, Police assure of security ahead of guber poll*

The Edo State Commissioner of Police, Johnson Kokumo, has refuted claims that he endorsed members of the All Progressives Congress (APC), who visited him in his office on Thursday, warning that anyone caught using his office to heat up the polity will face dire consequences.

The Commissioner gave the clarification after the State Security Council meeting, Governor Godwin Obaseki held with heads of security agencies, at the Government House, Benin City, on Friday.

The commissioner who explained that he and his office remain apolitical and open to all, noted: “It is my statutory responsibility to provide security for lives and property irrespective of political affiliation.”

On his part, Governor Obaseki expressed concern over the rising security challenges ahead of the September 19, 2020 gubernatorial election in the state.

According to him, "We condemned the high level of thuggery, violence and increasing influx of arms into the state.

"The Commissioner of Police briefed the council on yesterday’s situation at the Edo State House of Assembly that led to some illegal and treasonable acts conducted by some individuals.”

"The security personnel have assured us of their readiness to secure and tackle any security challenges faced by the state,” the governor added.

Obaseki continued: "They are up to the tasks; they have the men and materials to take charge. They assured us and the good people of Edo of adequate security to ensure the protection of lives and property.”

The governor said that the state security chiefs promised to protect everyone in the state irrespective of their political affiliation.

Responding to the alleged withdrawal of security details of the Speaker of the Edo State House of Assembly, Mr. Frank Okiye, the CP assured that “those who are entitled to security details will be given, while those who are not entitled to security details will be withdrawn.”

Kokumo said that at the meeting, the security heads were able to review the activities of security in the last few weeks, adding: “We talked about political violence and thuggery and means of putting checks in place.

"The security agencies will leave no stone unturned; we have created a conducive atmosphere for the forthcoming gubernatorial election.”

"We want to assure Edo people that the pre-election period would be safe and conducive for campaigns, during and after the election, to ensure there is no breach of law and order,” he added.

*IMG_01*

L-R: Edo State Deputy Governor, Rt. Hon. Comrade Philip Shaibu; Governor Godwin Obaseki; Edo State Commissioner of Police, Johnson Kokumo, and Director, Department of State Services, Edo State Command, S. Moh’d Waziri, after the State Security Council meeting at Government House in Benin City, on Friday, August 7, 2020.

Re: Attempted Coup D’état: I Didn’t Endorse Anybody - Edo CP, Kokumo by AceRoyal: 6:38pm On Aug 07, 2020
High level political Chess.... tongue
Re: Attempted Coup D’état: I Didn’t Endorse Anybody - Edo CP, Kokumo by onez: 6:40pm On Aug 07, 2020
Outside forces are fueling this issue in Edo state. People that disqualified the governor from their party still don't want the governor and Edo people to rest. If some people wants to be in bondage, Edo people wants to be free. Allow them PLEASEEEEEE.

3 Likes

Re: Attempted Coup D’état: I Didn’t Endorse Anybody - Edo CP, Kokumo by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 07, 2020
the CP assured that “those who are entitled to security details will be given, while those who are not entitled to security details will be withdrawn.”
Simply means Okiye is gone

2 Likes

Re: Attempted Coup D’état: I Didn’t Endorse Anybody - Edo CP, Kokumo by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 07, 2020
the CP assured that “those who are entitled to security details will be given, while those who are not entitled to security details will be withdrawn.”

He has clearly confirmed he is withdrawing the security attached to Obaseki speaker.

There is no clearer way to say it

1 Like

Re: Attempted Coup D’état: I Didn’t Endorse Anybody - Edo CP, Kokumo by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:08pm On Aug 07, 2020

those who are entitled to security details will be given, while those who are not entitled to security details will be withdrawn.”

End of The Story! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Attempted Coup D’état: I Didn’t Endorse Anybody - Edo CP, Kokumo by Abia1111: 7:11pm On Aug 07, 2020
[s]
NgeneUkwenu:

End of The Story! grin
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Attempted Coup D’état: I Didn’t Endorse Anybody - Edo CP, Kokumo by yerokunphilips: 7:14pm On Aug 07, 2020
Only God can save Obaseki ,I pity him ,he does not understand politics and politicians , he was advised wrongly ,he too took the wrong advice , miscalculated and took the wrong steps .
90% of people he thinks are loyal to him are not they stayed with him to share his plans with them before they leave .
He lost touch with the grassroots politicians (they are the most powerful ,they do all the dirty jobs in politics . Olusola Saraki , Bola Tinubu and Adedibu understand this very well )
He decamped too late (He should have known that they will frustrate him out APC with Osho as the chairman )
The masses can love him but only the politicians can deliver when it comes to election .
Now the security arms of the government have had it clear they are against him .
Then who will defend his loyalist ?
Will you be surprised if they impeach him before election ?
Obeseki should approach the court today ,to contest the legality of the new house .
My people in Edo my prayers is that God will keep you but always remember NON OF THESE. PEOPLE WORTH DIEING FOR .

1 Like

Re: Attempted Coup D’état: I Didn’t Endorse Anybody - Edo CP, Kokumo by zukky79: 7:39pm On Aug 07, 2020
If Obaseki relies on this CP he will be disappointed.

1 Like

Re: Attempted Coup D’état: I Didn’t Endorse Anybody - Edo CP, Kokumo by Flexherbal(m): 7:48am On Aug 08, 2020
The Edo State Commissioner of Police, Johnson Kokumo, has refuted claims that he endorsed members of the All Progressives Congress (APC), who visited him in his office on Thursday, warning that anyone caught using his office to heat up the polity will face dire consequences.
Re: Attempted Coup D’état: I Didn’t Endorse Anybody - Edo CP, Kokumo by Bannylove13: 8:17am On Aug 08, 2020
NgeneUkwenu:

End of The Story! grin

The issue with you ... is that you always disappear after your party loses elections.... you will make the loudest noise only to deactivate or disappear... immediately result is announced

Like RiVers Bayelsa DeltA Anambara cAlabar ...

Na after this election I will cure you .... of ...

Till September... enjoy your usual Yoruba noise.

2 Likes

Re: Attempted Coup D’état: I Didn’t Endorse Anybody - Edo CP, Kokumo by NaMe4: 8:18am On Aug 08, 2020
We know it was all a charade!
Re: Attempted Coup D’état: I Didn’t Endorse Anybody - Edo CP, Kokumo by Tflex01: 8:18am On Aug 08, 2020
lol
Re: Attempted Coup D’état: I Didn’t Endorse Anybody - Edo CP, Kokumo by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 9:02am On Aug 08, 2020
Bannylove13:

The issue with you ... is that you always disappear after your party loses elections.... you will make the loudest noise only to deactivate or disappear... immediately result is announced

Like RiVers Bayelsa DeltA Anambara cAlabar ...

Na after this election I will cure you .... of ...

Till September... enjoy your usual Yoruba noise.
You know the apc paid agent very well.

(1) (Reply)

How A Woman Was Sent $2000 By Unknown Person / Friends prevented soldiers from going away with my son’s body in lekki- Mother / I Love President Donald Trump- Femi Fani Kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.