Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu (59090 Views)

Obaseki Reacts To Court Victory, Thanks Buhari, Nigerians / Wike Thanks Buhari For Refunding N78.9bn To Rivers, Appeals For A State Visit / Amaechi Thanks Buhari For Not Converting Him To Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by UDUJ(m): 10:30am On Aug 09, 2020
For those of you wondering why the state elections of a tiny state like Edo is causing so much commotion in the country, I wrote a piece yesterday to explain why it is so. Please see below. I believe this will explain better. Cheers cool

Politics is a game of numbers and every state matters to any political party.

For the ruling APC, the more states they have to govern, the more power they enjoy.

Before Obaseki resigned from the APC in June this year, they were controlling 21 states while the opposition PDP had 15 states. With Obaseki now being a PDP member the PDP party now controls 16 states at least till September 19.

Another major reason is that Edo state was the only South-South state that APC won after the 2019 governorship elections in Nigeria.

The APC party strongly believes that as long as they hold Edo state they can penetrate and get the other south-south states. Since 2016 APC, apart from Edo state has not been able to get any other south-south state and in order to show that they are a national party with spread across all the geographical zones they have to ensure they win Edo state by all means, to help them enter the other oil rich states.

If APC fails to win the Edo state governorship election on September 19 that will mean the party has no single power and influence in the oil rich Niger Delta region.

Another reason why this is seen as a do or die is the power struggle between the former APC national chairman Adams Oshiomole and the Governor Godwin Obaseki.

For Oshiomole winning the governorship election for APC will be a big statement for him and it will enable him stamp his authority back as already people are blaming him for the state about to fall into the hands of the PDP party.

Also the governor decamping to a rival party has many people angry as they feel the governor has carried the mandate to another party and they will want it back.

The political turmoil in Edo state is even affecting the National APC body as well.

And in my own personal opinion I see this coming Edo state election as a possible look into how the year 2023 national presidential and legislative elections will be. Both parties are using this Edo state election as a litmus test. That's why they are taking it as a do or die affair.

I took particular interest in this election because it is my home state (though I have been away for so many years) and it saddens me to see the anarchy going on.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by Enice(m): 10:31am On Aug 09, 2020
truthstands01:

Atiku did not fail, Bubu rigged the election in broad day light with security agencies and military and you know it. PDP won Imo, Oyo, Bauchi, Adamawa, Sokoto Governorship elections, even Atiku won Abuja where Buhari lives. They gained grounds. APC rigged Kano in the second by election, Osun, Ekiti, etc. The whole world knows Buhari rigged the election and that's why they will never know peace because he's sitting on another person's position. Why did he remove the CJN? He knows what he has planned to do but note it, the wicked will never go unpunished.
come September 19, you will repeat this same epistle of rigging in broad day light, the use of armed personnel, etc on the Edo elections. I have seen people say they would vote for party A and they later vote for party B.
Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by duwdu: 10:33am On Aug 09, 2020
NOC1:

Please explain, what is disgrace over disagreement, sometimes if a god think he is so strong you show him that it is wood he is made of and burn it down.

Obaseki made a great mistake, not even mistake he committed a crime by not inaugurating/ administering oath of office to over half of the legislature.

Let us throw away sentiments and reason like responsible people, he set a precedence if not checked other Governors will join him in such stupidity.

How many governors do get the backing of their legislature from the beginning? Very few, but they inaugurate all, lobby thereafter and win majority to their side, that’s what Obaseki failed to do, he is a baby politician with crude advisers.

For me Obaseki is the main disgrace.

Very well said. �

P34c3

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by Daniwak: 10:38am On Aug 09, 2020
I'm not from Edo but i know so much about the throne of the Oba. Oba Ewuare didn't and won't endorse anyone between POI & GO.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by Nchenches: 10:40am On Aug 09, 2020
odiks:
The Oba of Benin, Omo N’ Oba N’Edo Uku Akpolokpolo, Oba Ewuare N’Ogidgan 11, yesterday thanked President Muhammadu Buhari for endorsing and presenting his party flag to the All Progressives Congress’ (APC) candidate in the Edo State governorship election, Pastor Osagie Ize- Iyamu, insisting that the Benin Palace remains neutral in the politics of the state.

The highly revered Oba stated this when he received the APC’s candidate and the governors elected under the platform of APC, who visited him in his Palace in Benin City, the Edo state capital, during the flag off of the party’s governorship campaign in the state yesterday.

Oba Ewuare who, along with his Palace chiefs, prayed and gave Ize-Iyamu the traditional blessing said that even though he was elated over the endorsement of the APC’s candidate by the President, he explained that the Palace of the Oba of Benin does not get involved in partisan politics.

He strongly advised that in order to avoid recurrent socio-political conflict that seems to regularly ravish the state, making the state a laughing stock to the rest of the country on how politicians manage their affairs, Edo political actors should eradicate the twin evil of political violence.

Oba Ewuare 11 prayed for peace during and after the state governorship election slated for September 19, advising all stakeholders to play by the rules. Earlier while speaking, Ize-Iyamu said he was in the Palace, in line with the Benin tradition and culture to inform the Oba that the APC’s leaders were in his domain, Benin City, for the flag off of the party’s governorship election and requested for his blessing and prayer.
Speaking later at the well attended rally held at Uniben Sports Complex, Mai Mala Buni, the governor of Yobe State and Chairman, All Progressives Congress (APC) National Caretaker Committee advised supporters of the party to shun violence during campaigns and the September 19 Edo State governorship election.

He said, “You should not be involved in violence during the campaign and election because for us victory is sure.

“You should ensure that you go out and vote for APC, your vote will count,” On his part, the chairman, APC campaign Council and Kano State governor, Abdullah Umar Ganduje, said with the crowd witnessed during the campaign flag-off, APC will win the September 19 Governorship Election.

He said with the simple agenda of the party candidate, victory is already assured.

He commended the state chapter of the party for the successful swearing-in of the 14 members-elects of the State Assembly.

Former governor of the state and immediate past national chairman of the party, Adams Oshiomhole, said Ize-Iyamu is coming to reengineer the development of the state. He said, “When Ize-Iyamu becomes the governor, he would bring back government’s property privatised by Governor Godwin Obaseki, especially the Edo Central Hospital for both the rich and the poor,”.

Other dignitaries at the event were Governors Babajide Sanwo-Olu, Dapo Abiodun, Rotimi Akeredolu, Hope Uzodima, Isiaka Oyetola, Abubakar Sani Bello, Nasir el-Rufai of Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Imo, Osun, Niger and Kaduna states.

Also present were Rotimi Amaechi, Timprey Silva, Ministers of Transportation and Minister of State for Petroleum respectively, Deputy Senate President, Senator Ovie Omo- Agege.

https://www.independent.ng/oba-of-benin-thanks-buhari-for-endorsing-ize-iyamu/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Afonja Vs Fulani delegate in Ilorin. Olden days.

Oba Ewuare 11 Vs Mai Bini? Today.

Battle for Emir of Benin raging?

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by GOCEO: 10:40am On Aug 09, 2020
I pity we the masses!!!!
Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by blowjohn(m): 10:45am On Aug 09, 2020
CapitalBank:

Are you a Benin person? Do you live in Benin? The best apc will do is rig and that is why Obaseki said he is ready for them, violence for violence.

Chill da fvck out

Obaseki that has not tried enof in Benin.
See thieves everywhere in benin since 2 years ago
Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by Nchenches: 10:47am On Aug 09, 2020
Born2Breed:
cheesy

APC, smart move with the dress code, and no hat. They corrected PDP's error and the none availability of Kola and Gin was bad for PDP.

But we are not voting party or person, just stamping out godfatherism which will be APC Achilles heel.

How to make Emerge an Emir of Bini for Sokoto Caliphate, that’s what you are writing all those Dogon turenchi for. Insha Allah.
Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by blowjohn(m): 10:48am On Aug 09, 2020
Daniwak:
I'm not from Edo but i know so much about the throne of the Oba. Oba Ewuare didn't and won't endorse anyone between POI & GO.

The caption explains that the Obama thanked buhari for endorsing whoever he endorsed.

It didnt say the Oba endorsed anyone
Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by DarkJeddi(m): 10:49am On Aug 09, 2020
odiks:
Compare and contrast
We should COMPARE ARMED THIEVES WITH ARMED ROBBERS.. shocked
By the next election,these same bunch of thieves will be in the other party,calling each other names.. angry
Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by Born2Breed(f): 10:51am On Aug 09, 2020
Nchenches:

How to make Emerge an Emir of Bini for Sokoto Caliphate, that’s what you are writing all those Dogon turenchi for. Insha Allah.

English, please.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by NoToPile: 10:52am On Aug 09, 2020
fujirice:

Yes they are palace boys but that does not mean that they are on chains. And what the person said is that those are bangles (which I referred to as ornaments).
Now, look at the arrow you drew and follow it to the right leg. Can you see where it terminates? On the boys ankle and not even on the bangle.
Secondly, if that boy is on that kind of restraint, how will he walk or even “protect” the Oba assuming a harm is to come on the Oba.
If he’s to walk ahead or behind the Oba, how will he do it, hop? It doesn’t make sense naw.
Follow the white lines on the tiles very well and you will see that it’s just an optical illusion.

Yeah you are right it is an illusion now looking very closely.

So at what age do they leave the palace?
Is there a number of years they must serve before they leave?
Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by NoToPile: 10:54am On Aug 09, 2020
Abudu2000:
I'm pretty sure u left school with the worse grade ever grin grin

Well you are quite wrong grin grin
Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by Basher8583: 10:55am On Aug 09, 2020
CapitalBank:

Are you a Benin person? Do you live in Benin? The best apc will do is rig and that is why Obaseki said he is ready for them, violence for violence.

Chill da fvck out

Na so e pain you reach. I just told you the truth. Dazz all

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by Nchenches: 10:55am On Aug 09, 2020
odiks:
Compare and contrast

Your photos remind one of when ex president Jonathan visited Obas of Yoruba land to beg for re-election in 2015.
The Obas placed their staffs of office above Jonathan.

Many people from the SW interpreted the Obas’ staff above Jonathan as symbol of Yoruba rejection of Jonathan. They ridiculed Jonathan kneeling down below the Obas.
Today, what do we have? A general wish that Jonathan should have continued as president.
Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by nestkojex(m): 10:56am On Aug 09, 2020
Stupid lie
Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by oyekan1997(m): 11:01am On Aug 09, 2020
Oh boi! POWER na better something ooo...choi
Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by zudozz: 11:09am On Aug 09, 2020
Omo n'oba n'Edo!
Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by Nobody: 11:10am On Aug 09, 2020
grin
Nothing to compare
PDP observed social distancing which is the right way to follow as leaders.
Edo people should vote for the Good future of there generations unborn.
odiks:
At uniben sports complex
Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by galaxy2020(m): 11:11am On Aug 09, 2020
Where is Buhari and osinbajo? If APC is really popular, let them allow for free and fair voting/result. But already they are using federal might to destabilize the state.
Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by Dansuqi: 11:14am On Aug 09, 2020
odiks:
Compare and contrast

APC is greater and finer than pdp

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by WATCHOVER(m): 11:14am On Aug 09, 2020
Breaking kola nuts and gin doesn't guarantee success if not we would have been having double leaders in one position,
The Ultimate blessings comes from God.

The fact that the Oba uses kola nut does not guarantee APC will win.
Upon all the kola nut breaking has Africa progressed more than the white who do not break kola like we Africans do?.

Secondly for those persons shouting Esau and Jacob, let me remind you that the First person to present himself before their father, who looked like a weakling the person of Jacob later named Israel got the blessing, while the later who looked strong, hairy, believed he has federal backing lost the blessing the person of Esau. The Bible went further to state that the father showed his love to Esau more than Jacob.
In this little story from the bible we could draw it out that Obaseki is the Jacob later named Israel, while Ize-Iyamu who looked hairy because of Federal might is Esau.
The (Oba) who represents the father who according to this report from this ghost Journalist seems to show Love for Esau (Ize-Iyamu) couldn't do anything, why? because God already revealed to their mother (Edo people and other true prophets) that Jacob(Obaseki) is the chosen one

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by Dansuqi: 11:16am On Aug 09, 2020
Koralords:
I just Benin people,the king is highly revered

The 2nd most revered in southern nigeria after the ooni and the most revered in south south and south east and number 3 in nigeria?
Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by Divay22(f): 11:19am On Aug 09, 2020
Asababoi2:
Did anyone notice the men that appear like guards in the first photo are in chains?[/b]

Black people and their ways!!
In fact all of them there. I had to zoom to make sure my eyes ain't deceiving me
Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by Obialom58: 11:19am On Aug 09, 2020
I love the way the bini people respect thier traditional ruler
Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by UDUJ(m): 11:21am On Aug 09, 2020
Dansuqi:

The 2nd most revered in southern nigeria after the ooni and the most revered in south south and south east and number 3 in nigeria?

I would have given you an answer but this would bring insults and tribal warfare that this forum is known for. So I will just keep mute. Happy Sunday bro cool
Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by Dansuqi: 11:22am On Aug 09, 2020
oyeb15:
the Money Obaseki is wasting is enough to build a private University in Benin and create viable jobs for people and retirement plan for himself.
The equation was clear 4months ago that he's going to lose d election. The masses vote on d opinion of the stake holders and d stakeholders are not with him.
I said it earlier that he will be sacrificed to Oshiomole camp to save Akeredolu. where are Fayemi and Rufai backing him then now? Wike
is a double agent. He works for some faction of APC. The south South PDp governors are not united due to oil well battles. Obaseki was ill advised.wat a shame.

Soon he will return to APC after his loss and be begging for appointment. Ambode is still begging till today despite...

I agree.pastor will be rigged in to pacify oshiomhole for losing apc chairmanship while the other camp goes with aketi.by the way due to strategic reasons,apc will rather lose ondo than edo

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by Dansuqi: 11:24am On Aug 09, 2020
SaintLucia:
APC crew went to the Oba's palace with their full Bini traditional attires and a kolanut while PDP crew went there with their PDP tax collectors attires that carried their party logo without a kolanut plus a governor that has no respect for traditional rulers in his own state.

So don't be surprise if the Oba endorsed the right candidate and the incoming governor of Edo state cheesy Truly Edo is neither River nor Abia.

Oshiomhole who isn't even a Bini man knows Bini traditions and can speak Bini more than obaseki.even the oba will tilt towards apc

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Thanks Buhari For Endorsing Ize-Iyamu by Dansuqi: 11:28am On Aug 09, 2020
UDUJ:

I would have given you an answer but this would bring insults and tribal warfare that this forum is known for. So I will just keep mute. Happy Sunday bro cool

Up pastor

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Jonathan Beats Buhari Mercilessly In New Campaign Advert (must See Photo) / Federal Cabinet: Security Agencies Screen Names Submitted By Buhari [see List] / Benue Youths Wash The Ground As Buhari Leaves Makurdi, Burn Brooms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.