Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,060 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

If You Know You Can't Avoid SIN In A Week Why Going To Church/mosque (opinion) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If You Know You Can't Avoid SIN In A Week Why Going To Church/mosque (opinion) (403 Views)

Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK / Is Alcohol A Sin In Christiandom? / Modesty: Our Clothing Should Help Us Avoid Sin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Know You Can't Avoid SIN In A Week Why Going To Church/mosque (opinion) by IneedSugarMumy1(m): 9:03am On Aug 09, 2020
Happy Sunday everyone
I've been thinking why we've lots of churches and mosques all over the country and yet bad things keep increasing, I stopped going to church January this year (mind you I'm a Christian, I believe in God, I pray in my house and I've my Bible in the car and at home) but reason I stopped going to church is this, I know myself and I've a girlfriend who visits almost every weekend and always make out, I can't imagine myself after making out with her on Saturday night then Sunday morning we are in church singing and dancing forming holy lol..
Another reason is this I use to be AGC member and this church have this long tradition of suspending any of it member found guilty of sin
On one Sunday morning a band leader a respected bros for church was suspended for impregnating a 18 years old sister in choir.
Another is a widow with 2 daughters and a son got pregnant for her man lover without doing proper marriage or church introduction
You see all these things happens a lot in church these days

There's this girl I know from facebook down to what's App all her post is about salvation, preaching the bibles verses once you come across her post you will be convinced that she's sister in Christ but if you see her life style outside social media you will be shocked like PMB

So I feel it's like a mockery to God
You know all the bad things you did during the week then why going to church?
Some after church will do worst self sad
Re: If You Know You Can't Avoid SIN In A Week Why Going To Church/mosque (opinion) by SocialJustice: 10:25am On Aug 09, 2020
Christians are dead to sin, we can't commit sin. I do not know about Muslims. If God truly judged humanity with the laws Jesus made, nobody will make heaven.
Re: If You Know You Can't Avoid SIN In A Week Why Going To Church/mosque (opinion) by Kobojunkie: 3:19pm On Aug 09, 2020
SocialJustice:
Christians are dead to sin, we can't commit sin. I do not know about Muslims. If God truly judged humanity with the laws Jesus made, nobody will make heaven.
"Christians" are not dead to sin. Only those who are followers of Jesus Christ(none of them Churchians) are dead to sin.

Remember, Paul's letters were written to those who are already born again, not those aspiring or pretending.
Re: If You Know You Can't Avoid SIN In A Week Why Going To Church/mosque (opinion) by Kobojunkie: 3:22pm On Aug 09, 2020
OP, the churches you see today are themselves built atop doctrines and traditions of men, lies which have nothing to do with God. So, I think your message is misdirected or misinformed.

Re: If You Know You Can't Avoid SIN In A Week Why Going To Church/mosque (opinion) by SocialJustice: 3:25pm On Aug 09, 2020
Kobojunkie:
"Christians" are not dead to sin. Only those who are followers of Jesus Christ(none of them Churchians) are dead to sin.

Remember, Paul's letters were written to those who are already born again, not those aspiring or pretending.
Christianity the life style Jesus took believers into is synonymous with Christianity the religion. The moment a person prays the sinners' prayer and accepts Jesus as their Lord and saviour, they become Christians, candidates for heaven and dead to sin.

It is not a subject I even care to argue about, the most important thing is I have brought it to your knowledge.
Re: If You Know You Can't Avoid SIN In A Week Why Going To Church/mosque (opinion) by delkuf(m): 3:31pm On Aug 09, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Who are Christian and who are those that believe/followers in Christ
Re: If You Know You Can't Avoid SIN In A Week Why Going To Church/mosque (opinion) by Kobojunkie: 3:34pm On Aug 09, 2020
SocialJustice:
Christianity the life style Jesus took believers into is synonymous with Christianity the religion. The moment a person prays the sinners' prayer and accepts Jesus as their Lord and saviour, they become Christians, candidates for heaven and dead to sin.

It is not a subject I even care to argue about, the most important thing is I have brought it to your knowledge.
"Christianity" as you have it today has nothing to do with Jesus Christ's commandments and examples to the world. It is simply a lifestyle built atop doctrines and traditions defined in the minds of men about the person of Jesus Christ and His word.

Given that the religion is defined by sinful man, those who adhere to it are not dead to sin but sin filled like the men just as the men whose doctrines they submit to are.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Know You Can't Avoid SIN In A Week Why Going To Church/mosque (opinion) by orisa37: 5:18pm On Aug 09, 2020
You sin to Thursday as an Islamist and pray for forgiveness in Mosque every Friday. In Christianity, you sin till Saturday and pray for forgiveness on Sunday. And whenever you feel that Death is knocking, quickly ask for EXTREME AUNCTION.
Re: If You Know You Can't Avoid SIN In A Week Why Going To Church/mosque (opinion) by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 09, 2020
You never truly surrendered your life to Jesus in the first place.

Once you're genuinely born again, the Holy spirit will commence sanctification on you. Thou you may still fall once in a while but not perpetually to the point you stop attending service. What You've shown by that is that you are not willing to surrender yet cos you're still enjoying that sinful life. You have to decide to drop all that and follow the cross.

Your stopping service makes it even worse cos that is where you may hear a word that will give you a change of heart and make you consider giving your life to Christ.

Decide now before its too late.

1 Like

Re: If You Know You Can't Avoid SIN In A Week Why Going To Church/mosque (opinion) by jamesid29(m): 9:28pm On Aug 09, 2020
Like the post above mine says, it appears there are still sins that you are holding onto and are not willing to let God come into those aspects of your life. Our body is the temple of God not any special building. Apostle Paul wrote in 1 Corinthians 6:18-19
"Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body. Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own,"

It really doesn't really matter whether you go to a church or not ,as long as you realise your body is the real temple and not any external building, then whatever you commit to your body is the same as defiling God's space. Sexual sins are one of the few sins the new testament constantly hammered on becauseos it's really that serious.

With that being said, I empathize with you brother, sex is a very strong urge and most of us struggle with it at some point. This is where God's grace and Christ's love comes in, Like Paul writing again in 2 Corinthians 12:9a
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” (Christ speaking here).
The thing is, you have to be truly willing to let God to come into this part of your life and you have to be truly willing to change. At this point, the HolySpirit begins to work through you and in you. It might be instantaneous or it might be a legit struggle of falling and getting back up, it doesn't matter, the major thing is to truly let God in and lean on his grace.

As for why we go to church... Well that's our community and our family. We go to worship as a family,to learn and to be part be part of a community of Jesus followers that help each other run the Christain race. The Christain race is a marathon not a sprint so we all need one another to lean on and encourage.
Basically the church is a worship based, educational, egalitarian, philanthropic, fictive group. Whatever you can think of as the role of a true family, thats what the church (community of Jesus followers) is meant to be. Like the writer of Hebrews wrote
"and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more as you see the day drawing near. Hebrews 10:24‭-‬25 NASB"
So it's not really a good idea to stay away from being part of the community. Salvation is personal, but the race was not designed to be run alone.

And as for the people you talked about... Everyone has what they are struggling with and that's part of the need for the family, to encourage eachother and stimulating eachother to good deeds like Hebrews 10 above. There are real life consequences for sin no doubt but there is no damnation for those who abide in Christ Jesus. People who are not sick don't need a doctor, people who are saints don't need Jesus.
Maybe it's you who God will end up using to encourage your Facebook sister to become better and stand more firmly... Who knows
Re: If You Know You Can't Avoid SIN In A Week Why Going To Church/mosque (opinion) by Missyajoke(f): 9:38pm On Aug 09, 2020
SocialJustice:

Where did the word Christians are dead to sin comes from. Never heard of a Christian not committing sin. You're wrong ohhh. Change your ideology
Re: If You Know You Can't Avoid SIN In A Week Why Going To Church/mosque (opinion) by SocialJustice: 1:04am On Aug 10, 2020
Missyajoke:

Where did the word Christians are dead to sin comes from. Never heard of a Christian not committing sin. You're wrong ohhh. Change your ideology
Thank you. Do not read your Bible, be following only what pastor says.
Re: If You Know You Can't Avoid SIN In A Week Why Going To Church/mosque (opinion) by Missyajoke(f): 1:51pm On Aug 10, 2020
SocialJustice:
Thank you. Do not read your Bible, be following only what pastor says.

Am not following anything any pastor is saying. Peace be to you.
Re: If You Know You Can't Avoid SIN In A Week Why Going To Church/mosque (opinion) by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 10, 2020
IneedSugarMumy1:
Happy Sunday everyone
I've been thinking why we've lots of churches and mosques all over the country and yet bad things keep increasing, I stopped going to church January this year (mind you I'm a Christian, I believe in God, I pray in my house and I've my Bible in the car and at home) but reason I stopped going to church is this, I know myself and I've a girlfriend who visits almost every weekend and always make out, I can't imagine myself after making out with her on Saturday night then Sunday morning we are in church singing and dancing forming holy lol..
Another reason is this I use to be AGC member and this church have this long tradition of suspending any of it member found guilty of sin
On one Sunday morning a band leader a respected bros for church was suspended for impregnating a 18 years old sister in choir.
Another is a widow with 2 daughters and a son got pregnant for her man lover without doing proper marriage or church introduction

There's this girl I know from facebook down to what's App all her post is about salvation, preaching the bibles verses once you come across her post you will be convinced that she's sister in Christ but if you see her life style outside social media you will be shocked like PMB

All you need is to study the Bible to know what Christianity truly means not the usual churchy stuff, so let me first tell you that you were never a Christian but a Churchgoer! smiley
Re: If You Know You Can't Avoid SIN In A Week Why Going To Church/mosque (opinion) by achorladey: 6:49pm On Aug 10, 2020
IneedSugarMumy1:
Happy Sunday everyone

It seems the four walls of the building is greater than your own body which is the temple of the Lord as well.

The problem I see here is limiting the counsel to gather together to incite one to love and fine works to a particular place and stipulated time. Limited to a programmed activities led by a few people.

Until you start to see gathering together to incite one love and fine works is not limited to the church building and it embrace every facets of ones endeavor read Romans 12: 1-21 to see how gathering to incite to love and fine works cover every facet of endeavor or activities.

After reading then you will understand that you cannot mock God anyway. God cannot be mocked Galatians 6:7, what you sow you reap.

Going to church and still sinning don't mean you mock GOD.

(1) (Reply)

Dangers Of Idleness / Happy 53rd Wedding Anniversary To Pastor Enoch & Folu Adeboye / Pope Francis Prays For Peace And Justice In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.